Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? (1560 Views)

Pics Of Kidnapped Expatriates By The Militants / How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power / If Jonathan Loses In 2015 Will The Militants Return To The Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by slimnike(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2006
Hello fellow Nairaland users. My question is about the census coming up soon. Who will count those militants? I mean MEND. How will it happen?
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by toshmann(m): 12:07am On Mar 10, 2006
cheesy cheesy i guess when seun accepts the invitation to visit the region he will help the population commission to count the militants grin grin
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by Vongauche(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2006
the first Nigerian satellite should be used as evidence to back up the population count.

and on a more imortant note, why can't the said satellite be used to aid the military and give the pinpoint-location of theses rogues? or does the satellite have no such capability? if not, the us military satellites can assist. after all, they should "defend their installations"-pipelines. angry

back to the census, development should not be made solely on population and or population density. rather, a weighted average of these factors and the contribution of the area to the national economic welfare should be used in dividing the cake.

PS
i know that all my yarns na acada but na true talk i talk grin
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by toshmann(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2006
[quote the us military satellites can assist. after all, they should "defend their installations"-pipelines.
[quote][/quote]

angry they should use their yeye satellites to fish out ossama and zaqawi and to rescue all the western hostages in iraq.
yeye people(americans) they think they can intimidate the world. angry
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by slimnike(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2006
If they are not counted,that means the census is not well conducted.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by ncpat(m): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2006
even though they are counted,what occupation will they write for them and talking about nigeria satellite, the thing is that it is not own by nigerian alone and even with the satellite,we don`t have the expert to operate it, I mean if you have watch the movie title (ENEMY OF STATE BY Will Smith) you understand how satellite is been used, do you guys out there think we have such operators or like computer operator in the movie title (MATRIX) so live nigeria for the name to remain nigeria.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by slimnike(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2006
That is the real truth.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by DivineOke(f): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2006
i was about posting this thread. slimnike beat me to it.

The census official could probably be sent as a willing hostage, in a defined place with all the militants present while they tie the "oyibos" to trees and gag them so they won't escape grin grin grin
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by omon(m): 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2006
Some people just dey yarn rubbish!
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by kimba(m): 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2006
which Satellite? Nigerian sattelite?

do you know that it cant capture anything at Night. Now those millitants will be hiding in the day time and might come out of their dens to get some air at night. so how can the satellite see anything?
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by otokx(m): 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2006
i suggest nihu ribadu; he will do a thorough job.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by Hero(m): 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2006
The militant have already willingly given their numbers to the gov. a while back in a E-mail to some news paper in which mentioned that they number about 10,500. I guess the gov. will use that as their count for them. wink
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by allonym: 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2006
satellites cannot "see" people walking about on the street.

How exactly would the satellite differentiate between a "militant" and a villager?
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by vichel(m): 12:04am On Mar 23, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy This is a good question, probably they would send a video count of themselves grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by allonym: 12:22am On Mar 23, 2006
that's not a bad idea . . , i'll go tell the others.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by vichel(m): 12:23am On Mar 23, 2006
shocked shocked shocked u be one of em
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by demmy(m): 10:46am On Mar 23, 2006
The Ijaw militants seemed to realised the importance of the census than the MASSOB militants. If the igbos are undercounted whose fault would that be?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f123032006.html
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by thelma2(f): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2006
allonym:

that's not a bad idea . . , i'll go tell the others.

Oh me God! We've got a militant in da house! shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by toshmann(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2006
dear allonym,
please kindly respond to this question;
are you egbesu or mend or which one cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

may be you can take nairaland messages to nigerdelta grin grin grin grin
and get more of them into the forum.who knows,that way we may understand them better and may be help solve some of these problems
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by slimnike(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2006
Please I am not a white man oh.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by anton(m): 4:26am On Mar 26, 2006
HAHA This reminds me of a CIA report stating that the US Census undercounts the black population by up to 110%. Which would put our actual population close to 80 million. Propably, the Nigeria government will follow the same tactics to make the revolutionary elements seem as fringe as possible and not a major movement with major popular support.

Aint that a B*tch?
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by slimnike(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2006
The census was rubbish in my state.
Re: Census 2006: Who Will Count The Militants? by anton(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2006
Mine too! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Uk Barclays Bank Is Turning Ghana Into Africa's Money Laundering Haven / The Myth That You Have To Be Corrupt To Get Ahead In Nigeria / ‘pdp Will Recapture Kano' !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.