Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,940 members, 7,838,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible (310 Views)

Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? / 'how Tithe Is Spent Is Not The Payer’s Business’ – Prophet Abiara, Other Men Of / Tithe: Should I Pay/give Tithes? Bible Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 10:08am On May 12
Tithing is one of the important aspect of Christianity. This concept was derive from mosaic law by Christians and Jesus said he came to fulfil the law not to condemn the law. According to mosaic law in the Deuteronomy 26:12-15 the tithe should be shared among the following people
- The priest
- The widow
- The poor
- The Fatherless
- And the stranger
Please, bible schoolers why is it that many churches are not following this standard in sharing the tithe.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 10:22am On May 12
goodconsience77:
Tithing is one of the important aspect of Christianity. This concept was derive from mosaic law by Christians and Jesus said he came to fulfil the law not to condemn the law. According to mosaic law in the Deuteronomy 26:12-15 the tithe should be shared among the following people
- The priest
- The widow
- The poor
- The Fatherless
- And the stranger
Please, bible schoolers why is it that many churches are not following this standard in sharing the tithe.
Where in the Bible does God demand that Christians should pay tithe?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 10:23am On May 12
goodconsience77:
- The priest
- The widow
- The poor
- The Fatherless
- And the stranger
Where in the bible does God demand that Christians should pay tithe?

Why is it that you are only singling out tithe out of all the mosaic law that you said that Jesus has come to fulfill?
What about the rest of the mosaic laws, are we not also suppose to obey and follow them?

1 Like

Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 10:26am On May 12
goodconsience77:
- The priest
- The widow
- The poor
- The Fatherless
- And the stranger
but who then does the scripture reveal are the priests
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by chatinent: 10:47am On May 12
Well, that's by the way.

Let me give you a tutorial. After any harvest, and after church service, visit your pastor. You'd likely perceive chicken stew.

Or spy on them. He'd be busy calculating how to share the money realised to his children in school.

Then check your life.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 11:08am On May 12
angry
chatinent:
Well, that's by the way.

Let me give you a tutorial. After any harvest, and after church service, visit your pastor. You'd likely perceive chicken stew.

Or spy on them. He'd be busy calculating how to share the money realised to his children in school.

Then check your life.
grin >: grin
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 11:18am On May 12
gohf:
😁😁😁....don't mind these people
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 11:18am On May 12
Michael547:

Where in the Bible does God demand that Christians should pay tithe?
Please check: 1cor 16:2, Heb 7:1-28
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 11:22am On May 12
gohf:
In new testament dispensation the priests are the pastor, Bishop, the prophet, the evangelist, the apostle and teacher of his word.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 11:35am On May 12
goodconsience77:

In new testament dispensation the priests are the pastor, Bishop, the prophet, the evangelist, the apostle and teacher of his word.
Levitical priests or under the order of Melchizedek?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by WeirdAlien: 11:38am On May 12
goodconsience77:

The pastor that is driving Rolls Royce and flying private jets abi? Quote somewhere in the new testament where it was said that they are the priests!
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 11:40am On May 12
Sir let me read, 1Cor.16.2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.
goodconsience77:

Sir I am reading Hebrews but I didn't see the command to the christians Michael547 asked you for, but I saw this sir

Heb.7.5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;

Sir it says this priesthood was given to the sons of Levi, and they collected it from the Israelites not the church, and according to the law not according to grace and truth

Should I keep reading and quoting sir
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 11:43am On May 12
goodconscience77 sir, I will keep reading the Hebrews 7 sir

Heb.7.6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

Heb.7.7 And without question, the person who has the power to bless is always greater than the person who is blessed.

Heb.7.8 In the case of Jewish priests, tithes are paid to men who will die. But Melchizedek is greater than they are, because we are told that he lives on.

Jesus being Melchizedek
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by WeirdAlien: 11:44am On May 12
goodconsience77:
Tithing is one of the important aspect of Christianity.

I like the fact that you went to Deuteronomy and not Malachi. But read that place carefully. Go to Deuteronomy 14, from Vs 22.

You are supposed to bring the tithes of your (farm) produce to a place where God will instruct. And if it's too far, sell your produce and use it to buy food, wine or strong drink (highly alcoholic beverage), WHATEVER YOUR SOUL LUSTS FOR. Eat and drink with Thanksgiving for God's blessings. The levites, and less privileged will now come to that place to take their share. So that no one will be hungry.

Reflect on this and check if any church collecting tithes today is complying with this (original) commandment.
Then update your post or quote me.

NB - they don't comply because there are either liars or ignorant. Tithing is not Christ's standard.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 11:45am On May 12
To 28 sir

Heb.7.11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? (NKJV)

Sir goodconscience77 what order of priest are ye?

Heb.7.12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (NKJV)

Sir did the law change or not?

Paul wrote the law of faith we obey, of faith in Jesus, what law sir do you obey?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 11:47am On May 12
I am part of God's kingdom of priest, with Jesus the high priest so note this

Heb.7.16 He became a priest, not by meeting the old requirement of belonging to the tribe of Levi, but by the power of a life that cannot be destroyed.

By the power of eternal life
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 11:53am On May 12
Sir goodconscience77 where is thy good conscience

We read the verse chapter you said we should

Heb.7.18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Sir did the author not know the profitability of tithing?

Of do you think of us as fools who do not read the bible?

Heb.7.19 For the law made nothing perfect, and now a better hope has taken its place. And that is how we draw near to God.

Come and access that hope @ the Gate of HOPE fellowship 😎

Our hope is Jesus

Heb.7.26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;

Heb.7.27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

He does not need your sacrifices

Sir goodconscience77 we have READ THE WHOLE OF HEBREWS 7 where is the answer to Mathew547's question.

Sir if you do not repent, hell is a free place to go.

Repent from lying against God's word. Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 12:01pm On May 12
goodconsience77:

Please show me what verse in Heb 7:1-28 where Christians are required to pay tithe?
Below is 1 cor 16:2. Kindly point put where tithe was mentioned.

Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 12:05pm On May 12
WeirdAlien:

I like the fact that you went to Deuteronomy and not Malachi. But read that place carefully. Go to Deuteronomy 14, from Vs 22.

You are supposed to bring the tithes of your (farm) produce to a place where God will instruct. And if it's too far, sell your produce and use it to buy food, wine or strong drink (highly alcoholic beverage), WHATEVER YOUR SOUL LUSTS FOR. Eat and drink with Thanksgiving for God's blessings. The levites, and less privileged will now come to that place to take their share. So that no one will be hungry.

Reflect on this and check if any church collecting tithes today is complying with this (original) commandment.
Then update your post or quote me.

NB - they don't comply because there are either liars or ignorant. Tithing is not Christ's standard.
My bro we on the same page. From what have seen so far in churches many have not complied to the standard where they get there believe from.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by WeirdAlien: 12:22pm On May 12
goodconsience77:

My bro we on the same page. From what have seen so far in churches many have not complied to the standard where they get there believe from.

Thank you oo. In fact it's (almost) zero compliance everywhere.
They always quote Malachi only because it's the most convenient for them to instill guilt and fear on people.
They have made themselves rich on the gospel.
Thank God I snapped out of that 419 doctrine many years ago, by the help of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 12:32pm On May 12
WeirdAlien:

Thank you oo. In fact it's (almost) zero compliance everywhere.
They always quote Malachi only because it's the most convenient for them to instill guilt and fear on people.
They have made themselves rich on the gospel.
Thank God I snapped out of that 419 doctrine many years ago, by the help of the Holy Spirit.
That's y u need to read ur bible very well.
Bible is your standard not your pastor.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 12:37pm On May 12
goodconsience77:

That's y u need to read ur bible very well.
Bible is your standard not your pastor.
But you've refused to tell us how many mosaic laws that Christians are obligated to obey.

And what were the modifications that Jesus made to tithe?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 12:41pm On May 12
Michael547:

But you've refused to tell us how many mosaic laws that Christians are obligated to obey.

And what were the modifications that Jesus made to tithe?
It will be another topic for another day sir
Remain blessed my brother
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 12:42pm On May 12
goodconsience77:

It will be another topic for another day sir
Remain blessed my brother
😁😁😁ok oo...we go dey wait till eternity.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 12:45pm On May 12
Michael547:

😁😁😁ok oo...we go dey wait till eternity.
If Christ tarries it will be soonest.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 12:59pm On May 12
goodconsience77:

if you are no the same page like you are saying why not edit your original post

Why haven't you answered what was answered or responded to Hebrew 7
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Veecruz: 2:10pm On May 12
goodconsience77:
- The priest
- The widow
- The poor
- The Fatherless
- And the stranger

If they did that would they be dens of robbers?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Veecruz: 2:15pm On May 12
gohf:
Sir let me read, 1Cor.16.2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

Sir I am reading Hebrews but I didn't see the command to the christians Michael547 asked you for, but I saw this sir

Heb.7.5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham;

Sir it says this priesthood was given to the sons of Levi, and they collected it from the Israelites not the church, and according to the law not according to grace and truth

Should I keep reading and quoting sir

See, am Tithe, again.

You.quoted the answer to micheal547 question "to receive tithes from the people according to the law" which mike knows, so it was crazy he asked that question.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 2:25pm On May 12
Veecruz:

If they did that would they be dens of robbers?
Just allow to guide you in all dealings
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by tundebasic(m): 2:57pm On May 12
gohf:
if you are no the same page like you are saying why not edit your original post

Why haven't you answered what was answered or responded to Hebrew 7
You're spot on. Hebrews 7 has answered the law of tithing. Actually, I think Paul wrote that chapter to address the issue of tithing.sd relating to Christianity.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by Michael547(m): 5:36pm On May 12
tundebasic:

You're spot on. Hebrews 7 has answered the law of tithing. Actually, I think Paul wrote that chapter to address the issue of tithing.sd relating to Christianity.
You think or you are sure....where in the context of that chapter in Hebrews did Paul insinuate that Christians were to give tithe to the church?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 6:55pm On May 12
gohf:
goodconscience77 sir, I will keep reading the Hebrews 7 sir

Heb.7.6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

Heb.7.7 And without question, the person who has the power to bless is always greater than the person who is blessed.

Heb.7.8 In the case of Jewish priests, tithes are paid to men who will die. But Melchizedek is greater than they are, because we are told that he lives on.

Jesus being Melchizedek
As a Christian we are connected to a Abrahamic covenant through Jesus christ so if Abraham paid tithe to melchizedec we also pay tithe to the church which make us to covenanted with Abraham.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Knows Just What We Need / The Bible Can Never Make Sense..part 1 / Speed Speed Speed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.