Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,907 members, 7,844,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible (329 Views)

Who Are 24 Elders In Heaven According To Bible? / 'how Tithe Is Spent Is Not The Payer’s Business’ – Prophet Abiara, Other Men Of / Tithe: Should I Pay/give Tithes? Bible Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 10:01pm On May 12
goodconsience77:

As a Christian we are connected to a Abrahamic covenant through Jesus christ so if Abraham paid tithe to melchizedec we also pay tithe to the church which make us to covenanted with Abraham.
who taught you that?
Where did you read that from?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 6:51am On May 13
gohf:
who taught you that?
Where did you read that from?
So as a Christian u don't know we re connected to Abrahamic covenant through Jesus dead and resurrection. Pls read ur bible very well sir
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 8:17am On May 13
goodconsience77:

So as a Christian u don't know we re connected to Abrahamic covenant through Jesus dead and resurrection. Pls read ur bible very well sir
I dont know that's why I am asking na, please tell me

Where is it in the bible that is the new testament?
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by goodconsience77: 7:53am On May 14
gohf:
I dont know that's why I am asking na, please tell me

Where is it in the bible that is the new testament?
Gal 3:25-29
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 8:10am On May 14
goodconsience77:

Gal 3:25-29

None of the verses not even the ones before it say we are in Abraham's covenant.

Gal.3.29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

sir Abraham's seed, the promise seed is Jesus Christ, it was prophetically representated in Genesis as Isaac, but the seed is Jesus Christ and all those IN him and FROM him, that why even in Romans we are called CO-HEIRS with Christ Jesus.

We are not part of any Abrahamic covenant.

Thank you for your response but do you know what Abraham's covenant was?

Gen.17.9 And God said to Abraham: "As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations.

Gen.17.10 This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised;

Gen.17.11 and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.

The covenant of circumcision, the very covenant that was debated in Acts and nullified as needed in the church by the Holy Spirit and the Apostles.

So are you part of God's church, and part of the covenant made with the blood of Jesus or you are part of Abraham's covenant, the Jews and in Judaism, the circumcision that Paul writes profits nothing.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 8:11am On May 14
1Cor.7.19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
Re: How Tithe Should Be Shared According To Bible by gohf: 8:14am On May 14
What you should have said is we partake of God's promise to Abraham because of what Jesus did

Gal.3.14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Through faith, faith in Jesus, God's son, not through observing mosaic laws or scriptures or paying of tithes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Gifts For His Kingdom / Spiritual Digest For The Day 17th Of June 2015 / Reasons Why Much Crisis Is In Africa/with Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.