Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,121 members, 7,845,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent (240 Views)

Rep Emeka Chinedu Martins Wants To Criminalize Protesting / Bill To Criminalize Estimated Billing Passes 3rd Reading / 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent by Jagabanbattle: 10:16am On May 12
Most Nigerians think that taking others pictures/videos and posting online is their right and a normal thing to do. I think this act needs to be criminalized and fought till everyone gets sense. No one is stopping you from creating whatever content you want. But capturing others without their consent is criminal offense which the government needs to fight.

Also, taking pictures and videos of accident victims should be criminalized too. These are regulations which the government needs to pursue not regulating free speech on social media.
Re: Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent by 3exe3: 11:27am On May 12
Good one you care about people privacy. I feel this can also be exploited by the police.
Re: Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent by Beautifulday: 11:34am On May 12
Jagabanbattle:
Most Nigerians think that taking others pictures/videos and posting online is their right and a normal thing to do. I think this act needs to be criminalized and fought till everyone gets sense. No one is stopping you from creating whatever content you want. But capturing others without their consent is criminal offense which the government needs to fight.

Also, taking pictures and videos of accident victims should be criminalized too. These are regulations which the government needs to pursue not regulating free speech on social media.

Our senators who have never presented any bill on the red chamber will not see this your idea now and write their name in the book of history.
Re: Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent by Cindypresh(f): 1:45pm On May 12
See this BATeria

You don't want your bambiala life to be captured unawares πŸ˜‚

Who even Sabi you
Re: Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent by Jagabanbattle: 2:24pm On May 12
Cindypresh:

See this BATeria

Who even Sabi you

Unfortunately, Nigeria government doesn’t care about taking care of people with mental health. You can keep roaming around. God will heal you.
Re: Time To Criminalize Taking Peoples Image/video Without Their Consent by Omoawoke: 4:45pm On May 16
Cindypresh:

See this BATeria

Who even Sabi you

I guess you have been banned πŸ˜‚

Let us know when you come back from NL prison

(1) (Reply)

Is This Really True About The Obidients? / NNPC Clears N450bn Federation Account Debt – Finance / The Community Relations Unit Is A Department Established By The Governor Of Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.