Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,122 members, 7,842,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root (34697 Views)

Paul Okoye & Ifeoma Share Photos From Their Traditional Marriage / Anthony Joshua And Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex Pictured Together / Nana Otedola Embraces Asa Asika, DJ Cuppy's Boyfriend (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by casualobserver: 11:58am On May 13
1000Capacity:

Follow the thread from page one and see what happened

Not interested. I’ve seen enough, read enough and know enough about our people to know we have an inferiority complex no self respect, no pride and no dignity.

2 Likes

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Righthussle: 12:00pm On May 13
chyzoo4u:

We would've been somewhere inside the Bush hunting rats and bats had these guys not come around to open our eyes. We wouldn't have known something like smartphone exists.

Were they not also in the bush hunting rats and bats once upon a time ?

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by dangermouse(m): 12:02pm On May 13
Righthussle:
Nothing can describe the love Nigeria has for her colonizer and enslaver. The love is too much.

This guy normally should have been stoned and chased out of the country for the atrocities his ancestors committed against us.

That would be considered barbaric in this modern time.

Instead they should be made to pay reparations for the said atrocities and both parties should put measures in place to forestall future occurances.

Coming to Nigeria is a good thing they did and will offer more opportunities in mending the dividesand understanding each other.

Prince Harry is just like his mother late Diana, the Princess of Wales who stood for charity and humanity.
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Gaabasky: 12:02pm On May 13
The name fit her well. Ify babe. Well done
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Ouchbabe(f): 12:03pm On May 13
This Meghan could have been me. We look so much alike
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Izuchukwu70: 12:04pm On May 13
klynranth:
She's 43% Nigerian only, she's not Nigerian stop famzing us madam Meghan.

Shut up! Even you wey be 60% Congolese.

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by khattab02: 12:06pm On May 13
Putindbutt:

See this dirty thing telling people to sharap, did Meghan tell you she is ibo?
grin grin

Nigerians.. I know una must give gbas for Gbos.. Gbos for gbas

grin grin grin grin
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by khattab02: 12:10pm On May 13
chyzoo4u:

We would've been somewhere inside the Bush hunting rats and bats had these guys not come around to open our eyes. We wouldn't have known something like smartphone exists.
Really??

Was that what Benin empire and Oyo empires were known for??

What of Nok culture?
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by vRendoh(m): 12:11pm On May 13
The feelings is special digging back 12/13 generations. 80% chances you are awakened to a new horizon. Your ancestery is not exactly how it seems.
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by meobizy(f): 12:12pm On May 13
I will never understand what oyibos like in skinny women. All the plenty names Nigerians give LL Cool J, Jay Z and Beyonce, wetin them use the names do, last last?

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Laple0541(m): 12:19pm On May 13
Let me react to the news before Obi does.

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Okhuadams(m): 12:21pm On May 13
TouchNfollow:

https://punchng.com/pictorial-duchess-of-sussex-named-ifeoma-embraces-nigerian-root/
Ifeona indeed make una take am go collect the throne sharp sharp Dem don claim her na so dem claim Wesley Snipes give am Okechukwu the guy no even remember the name and the meaning

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Wickedlywicked: 12:24pm On May 13
You this particular attachie-by-force, low self-esteem people will never seize to amaze me😂 You turn everything into competition yet you are always the first to cry victim if the other ethnic groups start trying to cure your m@ dness. Not trying to derail the post but the headline as well as the comments I’ve read so far have been very nauseating. Very annoying and childish. Some even said they’ve always known she’s ibo😂
For those who don’t know, Meghan didn’t adopt any Nigerian name. It was the crowd that suggested names for her and 3 were mentioned but the mumu bigoted OP and the punch are making it look like she picked one out of the 3 and asked to be called “Ifeoma”
Who do una this thing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by CoolJulian: 12:27pm On May 13
It's funny how some people here claim she looks like their ethnic group people. The inferiority complex is deep!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by dominique(f): 12:27pm On May 13
They should stop calling themselves duke and duchess of Sussex, they have already relinquished their titles.

2 Likes

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by AnyanwuSilas: 12:31pm On May 13
The British are coming back.
Say no to neocolonialism.
We must enter the new world order as freed people. Biafra(Freedom) or Death to Bigger-Area
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by dejavubobo1(m): 12:32pm On May 13
Surprising how this guys loot Africa and still give us guideline on how to live.
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Malawian(m): 12:34pm On May 13
Who suggested that "Omowale"? Does MEgan look like she came from a roforofo tribe?
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by ukaface(f): 12:41pm On May 13
She talk say she be Igbo
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Wickedlywicked: 12:44pm On May 13
Santalpharay:

Does that make any difference?. Even you are free to suggest your own name. Does that bring down the price of garri. Must all the tribes represent? Hausas and the rest of two hundred and something ethnic groups are also coming up with their own suggestion of name. Lol
The divisionist agenda first came from the punch newspaper and then the OP but this is the problem with most of we Nigerians, we lack good sense of judgment. The little things matter a lot and trust me, if we keep on overlooking all these little little divisionist actions, there will come a time when the damages would be too late to address.
Why didn’t you ask the OP those questions of yours? He needs the questions more since he was too d ull to read the full report to have a clear understanding of what really happened there rather than posting such an annoying and even provocative headline. It wouldn’t be tagged annoying if it’s true but the truth is that she never claimed or asked to be called Ifeoma.
Next time, be a good judge and direct your questioning and/or admonition to the starter of a feud and not the irritated persons who are only reacting to the provocative acts because it’s natural for humans to react when provoked but its unnatural to always have the urge to provoke others.
Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by nyabinghi(m): 12:44pm On May 13
ebufa:

Please delete the Yoruba name dia o! The Duchess has that typical Biafra Proto Bantu look! no agbado features on her at all, please look well!
yes,she is daft like typical people of biafuro
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by nyabinghi(m): 12:45pm On May 13
Laple0541:
Let me react to the news before Obi does.
obi na dilute acid

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by themanderon: 12:49pm On May 13
Nigerians have too much time for nonsense.
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Omoawoke: 12:49pm On May 13
Righthussle:
Nothing can describe the love Nigeria has for her colonizer and enslaver. The love is too much. Till date we have refused to do away with even the stupid slave name these guys gave to us.

This big head normally should have been stoned and chased out of the country for the atrocities they committed against us.

It’s so terrible bro.
I was out yesterday in a park, enjoying the beautiful spring weather with friends. One white guy brought out the topic that the British prince is in my country to visit asking if I’m excited, I gave him a boring look and said I’m not even interested in his visit and it’s none of my business. That’s self respect , how can a people love and celebrate those who conquered them

1 Like

Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Lifestone(m): 12:50pm On May 13
Righthussle:
Nothing can describe the love Nigeria has for her colonizer and enslaver. The love is too much. Till date we have refused to do away with even the stupid slave name these guys gave to us.

This big head normally should have been stoned and chased out of the country for the atrocities they committed against us.

He is our inlaw. He's welcome.
But seriously the thing tire me, my Mother who is over 80years still prays for the Queen of England until we told her that she don die
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by olisaEze(m): 1:00pm On May 13
Ghana go think say na bribe. grin
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Lovit(m): 1:03pm On May 13
If she says she is Nigerian, who am I to argue?

btw, who suggested that' Edidiong' name? you wan make she vex say she no be Nigerian again? grin

I love their simple way of dressing, man and wife dresses simply

It is only Africans that dress to impress those who no send them. Colonial mentality!!!
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by centpado(m): 1:15pm On May 13
What’s the meaning of English names, when filling documents you are asked, Surname, First name and middle name…. What’s the meaning of English names?
Righthussle:

How will you be honouring and celebrating the children of people who raped and sold our mothers, wives, and daughters? Their children should be scared of us.

I will never celebrate these people !
I will never practice their religion!
I will never give my children English names!

I still speak their language today because my foolish leaders have forced us to learn and speak the language of our enslavers by making it our national language.
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Righthussle: 1:19pm On May 13
centpado:
What’s the meaning of English names, when filling documents you are asked, Surname, First name and middle name…. What’s the meaning of English names?

English names are Harry, Williams, Philip, Edward, etc

African names are Osinbajo, Wike , Falana, Kayode, Obi , Fubara, etc

First name = Nyesom Middle name = Ezenwo Surname = Wike
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Righthussle: 1:23pm On May 13
Lifestone:

He is our inlaw. He's welcome.
But seriously the thing tire me, my Mother who is over 80years still prays for the Queen of England until we told her that the don die

You can imagine
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by NAC1666: 1:26pm On May 13
Re: Meghan, The Duchess Of Sussex, Named ‘Ifeoma’, Embraces Nigerian Root by Prettychild(f): 1:33pm On May 13
You found that you have roots in Nigeria but couldn’t wear any of Nigerian attire? What is the economic impact of your coming to us as a nation? Orisirisi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Juliana Olayode Becomes Ambassador Of SCAF Nigeria [PICS] / Gentle Jack Spotted At National Festival In Rivers State -photos / Joke Silva And Olu Jacobs Welcome Their First Grandchild - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.