Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,858 members, 7,844,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) (39445 Views)

Dollar Dumped? India Bought 1m Barrels Of Oil From UAE Using Rupees Instead Of $ / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / India Buys 3 Million Barrels Of Russian Oil At A Discount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by olisaEze(m): 10:52am On May 13
OPEC in the mud. undecided
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by alizma: 10:58am On May 13
SoNature:
Leaders of rich countries are investing in exploration, research and innovation to get richer while the leaders of broke countries are looting the little they have to invest in rich countries.
When Buhari was searching for oil, many Nigerians called it a waste but now that a country has found oil, Nigerians will blame their government for not investing enough in research. My people, I hail una
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by FreeStuffsNG: 10:59am On May 13
WriterNig:

Credit: Telegraph UK || Daily Guardian
Very funny that UK thinks it owns the place.

1 Like

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by ycat: 11:00am On May 13
I actually advertised the one on your neck as you can see with all the knocks you’re getting by the minute.

Show me in the copy of the agreement they signed where president Tinubu says he’s going to put a stop to the second mainstay of his country, after he said publicly that he will do what’s necessary for his own people? Even what you put down there can be interpreted in 100 different ways. Plus the special interest/lobbyist could have written that just to get paid. Use your head man! China sits on top of UN but still the highest emissions polluters, India is second and nobody can tell them to stop their ways of life.

Like I said earlier, stop reading fantasies, it will make you the dumbest in the room, we have the smartest president in charge and he told to the power-that-be’s face that we will do green energy our own way.

ShoeGetSize:
Thank you for advertising that empty room for vacancy that sits on your neck.

But I noticed you didn't answer my question. Why did your "president" sign and ratify the COP28 Climate Treaty which has a goal of drastically reducing the use of fossil fuels by the year 2030? Does your president know that in strategic terms, 2030 is just around the corner and it is not as far away as he seems to think it is?

Does your president think that Nigeria is a world power which can just walk away from Climate change commitments the way that Trump's United States walked away from the Paris Climate Protocols?

I know that given the limitations of your meagre mental resources, you can't even begin to answer any of these questions, but I asked them anyway because I think others can learn from your folly.

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by SoNature(m): 11:04am On May 13
alizma:

When Buhari was searching for oil, many Nigerians called it a waste but now that a country has found oil, Nigerians will blame their government for not investing enough in research. My people, I hail una

Nobody should be spending money looking for oil in the north; northern Nigeria has no oil in commercial quantities. Instead, Nigeria should search for oil and gas in the Niger Delta region and invest more in northern cash crops to reduce the prices of foodstuff in the market and export to other countries.

https://leadership.ng/16-months-after-flag-off-fg-halts-kolmani-oil-drilling/

1 Like

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 11:07am On May 13
LadyExcellency:
Antarctica should be used to settle Africa as a reparation for colonization and slavery.

U sef know that that one will never happen na
White people see African colonies as their right as they gathered together to share it among themselves in the Berlin Conference
They will never apologize for colonization as they still do it today in French west Africa sef
They see it as the doing us a favor by bringing us French language ,English language western ,education ,western medicine ,white wedding parliamentary system, Christianity, automobile&paved roads,rule of law, corporate social responsibility , civil service, pension , banking system ,industrialization and manufacturing, cement housing , republic system, drainage and sewer system , open market alliance,electricity, etc the list goes on and on

Long story short anything you have today as an African black man colonialism gave it to you…

2 Likes

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by dammyz101(m): 11:14am On May 13
ShoeGetSize:
30 years ago you may have been right. But the whole world including America is moving away from the use of fossil fuels.

this is not true bcus most of dre so called modern invention are still powered by coal, hydro and gas.
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by alizma: 11:15am On May 13
SoNature:

Nobody should be spending money looking for oil in the north; northern Nigeria has no oil in commercial quantities. Instead, Nigeria should search for oil and gas in the Niger Delta region and invest more in northern cash crops to reduce the prices of food in the market and export to other countries.

https://leadership.ng/16-months-after-flag-off-fg-halts-kolmani-oil-drilling/
If great countries like Russia and UK just noticed the presence of oil in Antarctica that should tell you that nothing is impossible because that research didn't start today.

1 Like

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by dammyz101(m): 11:16am On May 13
ShoeGetSize:
So why did your president commit your future to COP28?

what a scam, electric cars charged by coal and hydro plants. Do ur research bro.
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Available9: 11:33am On May 13
WriterNig:
American democracy about to visit Antarctica.

But luckily Russia is already there so they can't do shit.

It was a research team oga...the region is already under the control of British...

Una no know anything, yet na una they quick comment for topic wey big pass una brain
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by GreenCovering: 11:34am On May 13
That's massive. More than three times the total reserve in Africa, including Libya's and Nigeria's vast reserves.
A huge factor for a shift in international politics.
sad
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by KGBKremlin: 12:00pm On May 13
jahsharon:
If dem born una Mama well for UK, make una go stop Russia there, I wan check something

For where
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Mrincredy(m): 12:08pm On May 13
Are you aware that no human can survive there?
kenny714433:
Na to relocate to Antarctica like this. If I claim citizen, they will give me right to join the exploration.

America be looking at this new discovery like 😳

1 Like

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Mohisah: 12:13pm On May 13
Creamypie:
So make em take Britain 2 court. Ours is a curse to Nigerians
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Mohisah: 12:15pm On May 13
Mrincredy:
Are you aware that no human can survive there?
Who sail d ship to that region? Na to carry enough pepper n grinded onions. We go feast on fish tire😂
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Mrincredy(m): 12:17pm On May 13
Lol
Mohisah:
Who sail d ship to that region? Na to carry enough pepper n grinded onions. We go feast on fish tire😂
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by khattab02: 12:37pm On May 13
511 billions barrel? 😳

That's too much ooo

I doubt this o.. never Heard of.

For those thinking of going to Antarctica, the cold and weather there no be small thing oooo
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by khattab02: 12:46pm On May 13
alizma:

If great countries like Russia and UK just noticed the presence of oil in Antarctica that should tell you that nothing is impossible because that research didn't start today.
very true.

The Gulf countries (Iraq, Iran, Saudi, Qatar, UAE, etc) are mostly desert land but they have oil.

It mostly mineral deposits and fossil deposits over a long period of time that u can get oil from

2 Likes

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by khattab02: 12:52pm On May 13
Mohisah:
😅😅

6 months na almost complete darkness through out the day and night with very very cold and windy breeze.

If u like carry oyinbo pepper or hausa pepper wey dey pepper like die. It still not enough.

1 Like

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Padipadi: 1:19pm On May 13
WriterNig:
👍🏻Like for Russia-Putin, share for USA/Nazi/NATO
We v liked and shared. Stop posting it cos it's childish.
Meanwhile, if na Russia wey first discover that Antarctica and it's called Russian Antarctica and there's a treaty on it sotey Britain come ho there to discover oil, will Russia like it?
People like you are excuse of the west's misdeeds to judge them but Russia itself is a pot calling kettle as black. Both are land grabbers and warmongers. No dey use Russia to justify the west. It dey vex me like say make I knack you jazz!
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Zyrac: 1:45pm On May 13
WriterNig:

Ignorance
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by grandstar(m): 1:51pm On May 13
JoeEeL:

There is day-dreaming where you fantasize in a day and there is life-dreaming where you dream fantasy throughout one's life. You are suffering from the latter.

I have a massive love for economics and with it comes an optimistic hope or belief that things would get better. You pray for economic growth that would make the country an economic giant.

I wish things could get better. I wish all the excessive fury of hurricanes, the flash floods, the cyclones, the forest fires, the melting arctic and so on could go away and the earth return to where it was in 1960.

I have chosen to wake up. The nightmare isn't going to end. It is delusional to think otherwise. NASA scientist are petrified at the future they see and it is very grim. We are no better than the proverbial frog in slowly boiled water.

Is man making progress? Yes. The frantic speed at which they are rolling out solar and windmill farms is impressive. The change to electric cars too. This is just to name a few.

The best man can do is one step forward and two steps back. The hunger to drill the Arctic is a case in point and you praise it.

You have survivalist who see a bleak future. They prepare or have prepared themselves for a catastrophic future. They've built bunkers, stacked up with food and other necessities to enable withstand whatever the future holds. You also have the preppers.

https://14ertactical.com/blogs/resources/prepper-vs-survivalist-unraveling-the-differences#:~:text=In%20essence%2C%20the%20key%20differences,regardless%20of%20the%20specific%20threat.

Concerning the meme, I don't believe I am going to heaven. Only spirit anointed Christians have that hope. I have received no anointing and as such I would be a daydreamer to think otherwise. The doctrine that all righteous people go to heaven is not supported by the scriptures. God created the earth to be inhabited by man(Read Genesis 2:7, Psalms 115:16, Isaiah 45:18).

My hope is a new Earth in which righteousness will dwell ( Read 2 Peter 3:13).
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Biofil84(m): 2:24pm On May 13
jahsharon:
If dem born una Mama well for UK, make una go stop Russia there, I wan check something
my guy relax you guyz are hyping this russia people too much...e go shock you say wen e set .. grin
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by VULCAN(m): 2:26pm On May 13
This radical Muslim has come again.

Always doing like and share.

His love for Russia is borne of his hatred for Israel.

Mtscheww

WriterNig:
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by ShoeGetSize: 2:29pm On May 13
You're only digging your grave even deeper. The only Exhibit A of ignorance and stupidity here is the one you have put on display.

Your "president" begged, but his begging didn't please his masters in the World Economic Forum and they ended up simply ignoring him. Maybe because he was carried away by the sights and sounds of Dubai or more probably because of his intellectual limitations, he did not understand the full implications of why he was there or the far reaching nature of the document he was signing.

Even his advisers were shocked about his decision.

If you had bothered to do any basic research, you would have found that the APC lickspittle who surround your "presIDIOT" have been wringing their hands in agony ever since Nigeria signed the COP28 agreement because they know what is waiting for Nigeria down the road.

ycat:
I actually advertised the one on your neck as you can see with all the knocks you’re getting by the minute.

Show me in the copy of the agreement they signed where president Tinubu says he’s going to put a stop to the second mainstay of his country, after he said publicly that he will do what’s necessary for his own people? Even what you put down there can be interpreted in 100 different ways. Plus the special interest/lobbyist could have written that just to get paid. Use your head man! China sits on top of UN but still the highest emissions polluters, India is second and nobody can tell them to stop their ways of life.

Like I said earlier, stop reading fantasies, it will make you the dumbest in the room, we have the smartest president in charge and he told to the power-that-be’s face that we will do green energy our own way.

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by JoeEeL(m): 2:53pm On May 13
grandstar:

I have a massive love for economics and with it comes an optimistic hope or belief that things would get better. You pray for economic growth that would make the country an economic giant.

I wish things could get better. I wish all the excessive fury of hurricanes, the flash floods, the cyclones, the forest fires, the melting arctic and so on could go away and the earth return to where it was in 1960.

I have chosen to wake up. The nightmare isn't going to end. It is delusional to think otherwise. NASA scientist are petrified at the future they see and it is very grim. We are no better than the proverbial frog in slowly boiled water.

Is man making progress? Yes. The frantic speed at which they are rolling out solar and windmill farms is impressive. The change to electric cars too. This is just to name a few.

The best man can do is one step forward and two steps back. The hunger to drill the Arctic is a case in point and you praise it.

You have survivalist who see a bleak future. They prepare or have prepared themselves for a catastrophic future. They've built bunkers, stacked up with food and other necessities to enable withstand whatever the future holds. You also have the preppers.

https://14ertactical.com/blogs/resources/prepper-vs-survivalist-unraveling-the-differences#:~:text=In%20essence%2C%20the%20key%20differences,regardless%20of%20the%20specific%20threat.

Concerning the meme, I don't believe I am going to heaven. Only spirit anointed Christians have that hope. I have received no anointing and as such I would be a daydreamer to think otherwise. The doctrine that all righteous people go to heaven is not supported by the scriptures. God created the earth to be inhabited by man(Read Genesis 2:7, Psalms 115:16, Isaiah 45:18).

My hope is a new Earth in which righteousness will dwell ( Read 2 Peter 3:13).

Haa. See this guy o.

Are u a Jehovah Witness or Seventh day adventist?

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by ycat: 3:09pm On May 13
You are already in grave so you can’t see what I’m doing.

Show me what president Tinubu signed or stfu!

Yeah he begged in your dreams, keep tickling yourself with fantasies. One thing the world power knows about president Tinubu is, he’s the first president that ever addressed them, past presidents always take instructions with their hands on their backs.

The man who schooled in Chicago when the best of your lineage were still hopping naked with monkeys is the same man who saw Dubai and marveled? This is why you just have to be a bot.
ShoeGetSize:
You're only digging your grave even deeper. The only Exhibit A of ignorance and stupidity here is the one you have put on display.

Your "president" begged, but his begging didn't please his masters in the World Economic Forum and they ended up simply ignoring him. Maybe because he was carried away by the sights and sounds of Dubai or more probably because of his intellectual limitations, he did not understand the full implications of why he was there or the far reaching nature of the document he was signing.

Even his advisers were shocked about his decision.

If you had bothered to do any basic research, you would have found that the APC lickspittle who surround your "presIDIOT" have been wringing their hands in agony ever since Nigeria signed the COP28 agreement because they know what is waiting for Nigeria down the road.

Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by viodemus: 3:10pm On May 13
WriterNig:
American democracy about to visit Antarctica.

But luckily Russia is already there so they can't do shit.

All the world powers have been there since morning ( decades of years). We are not talking of sloppy and short sighted Nigeria here.
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by Konquest: 3:20pm On May 13
WriterNig:

Russia has discovered vast oil and gas reserves in the Antarctic, much of it in areas claimed by the UK.

The surveys are a prelude to bringing in drilling rigs to exploit the pristine region for fossil fuels, MPs have warned.

Reserves totalling 511 billion barrels of oil, about 10 times the North Sea’s entire 50-year output have been reported to Moscow by Russian research ships, according to evidence given to the Commons Environment Audit Committee (EAC) last week.

It follows a series of surveys by the Alexander Karpinsky vessel, operated by Rosgeo – the Russian agency charged with finding mineral reserves for commercial exploitation.

Antarctica is meant to be protected by the 1959 Antarctic Treaty that bans all mineral or oil developments. The UK’s interests are overseen by the Foreign Office – but it has been accused of ignoring the emerging crisis.

Junior minister David Rutley last week told the EAC that his department had decided to trust Russian assurances it was just conducting scientific research, adding: “Russia has recently reaffirmed its commitment to the key elements of the treaty.”

Experts on the region disagree, warning that placing any trust in Russia to stick to its obligations was naive – as shown by its invasion of Ukraine.

Klaus Dodds, professor of geopolitics at Royal Holloway College, an expert in Antarctica, who also gave evidence, said Russia’s activities were far closer to prospecting for oil and gas than to genuine science.

“The Antarctic Treaty faces renewed challenges not least from bad-faith actor Russia and increasingly assertive China.

“Rosgeo has been engaging in seismic surveys and other related surveying work … Russia’s activities need to be understood as a decision to undermine the norms associated with seismic survey research, and ultimately a precursor for forthcoming resource extraction.”

The British Antarctic Territory (BAT) forms the largest and most southerly of the UK’s 14 Overseas Territories – and the least hospitable with 99pc of it covered in ice.

Credit: Telegraph UK || Daily Guardian
That's a huge find of crude oil and gas... But the treaty to protect that environment must be respected by all since other huge oil reserves still exist.
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by ShoeGetSize: 4:07pm On May 13
I can sense your desperation oozing out of you like the stench of the cesspit you were born in grin

Calm down and read the image I uploaded where your professional drug dealer of a pres-IDIOT was being berated by his own advisers for making concessions under the COP28 Framework.

I'm getting tired of playing these games and I'm beginning to suspect that you might be something more than just a simple dimwitted APC lackey. You might be an actual idiot which would mean that I have been wasting my time these past couple of hours.

ycat:
You are already in grave so you can’t see what I’m doing.

Show me what president Tinubu signed or stfu!

Yeah he begged in your dreams, keep tickling yourself with fantasies. One thing the world power knows about president Tinubu is, he’s the first president that ever addressed them, past presidents always take instructions with their hands on their backs.

The man who schooled in Chicago when the best of your lineage were still hopping naked with monkeys is the same man who saw Dubai and marveled? This is why you just have to be a bot.
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by finallybusy: 5:05pm On May 13
“Renewable energy,” “clean energy,” and “the move from fossil fuels” are the stories the white man sings to the world. Developed countries however, have chosen to inebriate themselves to stupor on petroleum. Climate change will continue till further notice. May God protect our future generations.
Re: Russia Discovers 511 Billion Barrels Of Oil & Gas In British Antarctica (Photos) by victory36(m): 5:17pm On May 13
ShoeGetSize:
30 years ago you may have been right. But the whole world including America is moving away from the use of fossil fuels.

dey play cool. Fossil fuels will remain relevant for the next 100 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rhodes Chapel Bans Foreign Weddings After British Couple's MouthAction Photo / 18ft Python Killed In Florida (Pics) / World Leaders Reactions As USA Opens Jerusalem Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.