Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,966 members, 7,838,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 (607 Views)

Broad Street, Lagos Island In 1971 / Direction To Tinubu Street, Lagos Island / Corpers' Trip To Freedom Park Lagos, Formerly 'Her Majesty's Broad Street Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by HisaacPlus: 9:52pm On May 12
Broad street Lagos, 1951

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by symbianDON(m): 10:41pm On May 12
Wow! Simple and beautiful! Wish i could have this picture in HD.
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by muyico(m): 11:00pm On May 12
wow look so damn!
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:20pm On May 12
It wasn't a no man's land as at this time, so how can it suddenly be that in 2024

Developers wey dey sell charger and earphones never start to dey litter everywhere with their wheelbarrow back then

I used to be sane in the past until I saw some unreasonable SE guys that links every harmless thread to tribal bashing

Make all of gather craze together

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by udomonday: 6:37am On May 13
What exactly did the British do for this country I don't just get it?
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by ednut1(m): 6:44am On May 13
udomonday:
What exactly did the British do for this country I don't just get it?
what have Nigerians done for themselves?
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by Karlifate: 6:45am On May 13
Change is constant.

Broad Street, 2024 👇

Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by udomonday: 6:57am On May 13
ednut1:
what have Nigerians done for themselves?
am not talking about what the British are doing presently,am referring to the pee independence era,when the country was ruled by them ,if you look at the pictures taken during that time they was no serious infrastructural development,all the development started after independence.that is why I asked the question.
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by ednut1(m): 9:10am On May 13
udomonday:
am not talking about what the British are doing presently,am referring to the pee independence era,when the country was ruled by them ,if you look at the pictures taken during that time they was no serious infrastructural development,all the development started after independence.that is why I asked the question.
the ones i know include the railway from the north to Lagos and port harcourt which Nigerians mismanaged.

Port harcourt was created and designed by them as an export city for resources like coal from Enugu, Tin from Jos and agro produce.

Apapa port, old carter bridge , Nigerian airways was built by them.

Still on still they looted our resources which the people they handed over to continued since 1960
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by OGterry: 11:11am On May 13
HisaacPlus:
Broad street Lagos, 1951
Eko Lagos
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by Makamatic: 11:18am On May 13
EmperorCaesar:
It wasn't a no man's land as at this time, so how can it suddenly be that in 2024

Developers wey dey sell charger and earphones never start to dey litter everywhere with their wheelbarrow back then

I used to be sane in the past until I saw some unreasonable SE guys that links every harmless thread to tribal bashing

Make all of gather craze together

By then yorubas were highly educated folks who built houses and traveled by sea to Britain for education but now it's not surprising they're selling their industrious parent buildings and lands , supporting nonsense politicians and evil party and becoming more lazy . Just imagine oba elegushi destroying people home without compensation or giving them change for their land , sanwo olu didn't do anything only for real estates developers to buy the land , build on them and sell the building off . In my state if you want to build house apart from government agency and local government chairman, nobody go disturb you .
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by ekanDamie: 1:44pm On May 13
HisaacPlus:
Broad street Lagos, 1951
This is not broad street.
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by Oracleee: 2:30pm On May 13
Funny, there will still be the likes of mcoluomo and co that time. Ntin new under the sun
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by HisaacPlus: 2:58pm On May 13
ekanDamie:

This is not broad street.

Where is this then? Your village?
Re: THROWBACK: Broad Street Lagos, 1951 by flokii: 8:16pm On May 13
EmperorCaesar:

Make all of us gather craze together

Loud am bro.. olopa ma ko efiribody.

(1) (Reply)

Discount Airline Tickets / Help Me Before It Is Too Late / Travel Agency Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.