Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,986 members, 7,841,768 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie (17651 Views)

Rivers APC Asks Lawmakers To Impeach Fubara / PDP Reacts As Rivers Assembly Threatens To Impeach Fubara / Kidnappers Were Offered Money Not To Release Jangebe Girls, Says Matawalle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Ofunaofu: 3:17am On May 13
The Chief of Staff to Rivers State Government, Edison Ehie, has alleged that he was offered money to impeach Governor Siminalayi Fubara.

He, however, did not disclose the identities of those who offered him money.

Addressing a rally in Ahoada East area of the state, the former factional speaker of the State House of Assembly disclosed the purported plot to impeach the governor, eliciting applause from the gathered crowd.

They invited me, your son, to impeach the governor and I told them clearly, I was not interested.

“They gave me all the money that was hidden before, which I rejected. And because I refused, they conspired and declared me wanted
,” Ehie said in a viral video clip from the rally.

Last year, Ehie was declared wanted by the police in connection with the invasion of the State House of Assembly.

In October 2023, an explosion rattled the state assembly building amidst reports of lawmakers attempting to impeach Fubara.

It was alleged that certain individuals with close ties to the governor were implicated in the incident.

The Martin Amaewhule-led lawmakers had reportedly lodged criminal complaints against Ehie with the Rivers State Police Command regarding the invasion and arson of the Rivers State House of Assembly chambers by unidentified hoodlums.

Ehie’s revelation contributes to the protracted crisis in the state, stemming from the conflict between Fubara and his predecessor and current Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike.

https://punchng.com/i-was-offered-money-to-impeach-fubara-rivers-govs-aide-ehie/?amp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by klynranth: 3:24am On May 13
Voice of Jacob and hand of esau (hand of Wike in this case).

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by hooklover: 3:25am On May 13
made a mistake in 2016 by supporting Senator Ali Modu Sheriff as PDP National Chairman.

I made another mistake in 2017 by supporting Prince Uche Secondus as PDP National Chairman.

I made yet another mistake in 2021 by supporting Senator Iyorchia Ayu as PDP National Chairman.

And, most recently, I made a mistake in 2023 by supporting Sir Sim Fubara as my successor.

I think the appropriate way to prevent my former Governor from making further mistakes is to prevent him from making key political nominations.

I come in peace ✌️

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by yarimo(m): 3:25am On May 13
Mumu chief of staff that can't name the people that offered him money to impeach FUBARA

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by PlanetZero: 4:36am On May 13
This Yarimo guy is so cheap. He types everywhere and so unintelligent and dull. Dont they have work or his nairaland their work station. Any woman wey marry this kind people have made a grievous mistake in life. Very lazy and addicted to supporting evil and rubbish on phone. Same with helinus

But I'm not surprise though

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by muyico(m): 5:02am On May 13
APC gat all d materials and resources to remove him, just Wait? una go c film

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Ofunaofu: 5:09am On May 13
muyico:
APC gat all d materials and resources to remove him, just Wait? una go c film

They might have all the resources but they can't and won't remove fubara

57 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by muyico(m): 5:11am On May 13
Ofunaofu:

cont.? ur. eyes go soon clear!
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Ofunaofu: 5:13am On May 13
muyico:

Why do you want them to remove a democratically elected governor. Did he commit any crime?

45 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:17am On May 13
APC plan was to take over Rivers State through the back door. Fubara problem is that he has refused to decamp to APC and Wike knows very well that if he decamp alone without the governor along with him, he is a goner

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by muyico(m): 5:18am On May 13
Ofunaofu:

Why do you want them to remove a democratically elected governor. Did he commit any crime?
demo wot?? wike lead him in!! wike is river dictatorship now! he gat all power to stall who pleased him! who want defeat him over there? except God! no man can stop wike from removing him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:19am On May 13
muyico:

Do you think it is possible to complete an impeachment process without the Chief Justice of the State?

muyico:
seems like u didn't understand constitution! house can remove him, but he gat right to appeals

Go and educate yourself about impeachment processes, stop exposing your ignorance.

19 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Remman(m): 5:21am On May 13
Wike cannot remove Sim. He'll end up sacking himself from Tinubu's cabals and he'd come to say that he made a mistake for supporting Tinubu.

Nobody is above the law, therefore you can't try to impeach Sim while the people sit and watch. Sim has done nothing wrong with the people of Rivers state. Wike will soon realise that he is alone by the time Tinubu dumps him as he dumped Asari when he began to act as if he's now the law himself who threatened the governor of Rivers state. No be the same governor Wike don dey join threaten so?

Two masters can not lead one boat. They've clearly trashed Tinubu's peace pact and chosen to go to war with the government of Rivers state.

Government does not lose any legal battle where it has not breached the law. Sim is now the face of Rivers state government and law. Unless they patiently wait for another election, it will be impossible to remove Sim using the law where he's not breached the law, also immunity shields him from facing any crime sanctions. So, no way!

26 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Remman(m): 5:22am On May 13
muyico:
demo wot?? wike lead him in!! wike is river dictatorship now! he gat all power to stall who pleased him! who want defeat him over there? except God! no man can stop wike from removing him!
Watch and you will behold the fall of Wike. Na the same thing wey Amaechi do go get a fall out with him party man Magnus Abe and today where is he? Wike did exactly what Amaechi did. Oh, you think Tinubu is that foolish to let himself a pocket wand to fight the very constitutional law he's the head of? Lol!

Mark my words, watch out for another Wike's public apology for supporting Tinubu.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by muyico(m): 5:24am On May 13
MEGA4BILLION:

Do you think it is possible to complete an impeachment process without the Chief Justice of the State?
seems like u didn't understand constitution! house can remove him, but he gat right to appeals
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by muyico(m): 5:27am On May 13
river people were just like kogi state people! bello drained them to d core, they still support him! imagine? 1millions solidarity match for wike alone! how many votes carry fubara enter self?

6 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Kurugu92(m): 5:29am On May 13
Ofunaofu:

if they removed him heaven won't fall
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by favour32(m): 5:54am On May 13
PlanetZero:
This Yarimo guy is so cheap. He types everywhere and so unintelligent and dull. Dont they have work or his nairaland their work station. Any woman wey marry this kind people have made a grievous mistake in life. Very lazy and addicted to supporting evil and rubbish on phone. Same with helinus

But I'm not surprise though
They are known to have no job.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by ElevationD: 6:09am On May 13
hooklover:
made a mistake in 2016 by supporting Senator Ali Modu Sheriff as PDP National Chairman.

I made another mistake in 2017 by supporting Prince Uche Secondus as PDP National Chairman.

I made yet another mistake in 2021 by supporting Senator Iyorchia Ayu as PDP National Chairman.

And, most recently, I made a mistake in 2023 by supporting Sir Sim Fubara as my successor.

I think the appropriate way to prevent my former Governor from making further mistakes is to prevent him from making key political nominations.

I come in peace ✌️

He made the mistake of chasing Umahi out of PDP. He made the mistake of joining the same Umahi in an APC cabinet.

He made the mistake of chasing Obi away, while collaborating with Atiku.

He made the of holding a meeting with fellow governors in Asaba, without informing them on his hidden ambition.

He made the mistake of purchasing nomination forms for the entire political office holders in Rivers state.

He did not make the mistake of telling the whole world the source of his humongous wealth.

He made the mistake of insisting on a southern candidate without telling his fellow governors that he was the candidate.

He made the mistake of contesting against Atiku in the primaries. Having lost he worked hard to damage the chances of his party.

He made the mistake of belittling the person of Okowa.

He made the mistake of joining BAT for a better Nigeria, where he can wield the power to destroy his enemies.

All his political career, he’s been antagonizing everyone who does not fall in line with him.

Wike started losing the respect of many of those who loved him since last year!

Fubara apparently will show his the same power of the governor that he showed to Amaechi and the others while he was the governor.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Ofunaofu: 6:22am On May 13
Kurugu92:
if they removed him heaven won't fall

But they will not remove him.

In fact, they can't.

Those lawmakers that would have done that have since seize to be members of the state house of assembly. Their seats have been declared vacant, and a court of competent jurisdiction, a High Court in Port Harcourt, has barred them from gaining access to the Assembly complex under any guise or form. 

The problem here is that we don't know the interest INEC has in this matter because, by now, a by-election is supposed to have been conducted to fill those vacant seats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by jahsharon: 6:23am On May 13
Day go soon break.

Olusegun Obasanjo called Rashidi Ladoja and advised him not to fight his godfather Lamido Adedibu, but Ladoja refused to hear, minority legislators impeached Ladoja and the IGP withdraw the Police and SSS protection that Ladoja had as governor, that was the end of Solomon Gandhi. Ladoja deputy was sworn in as governor. It took two years for the Court to reinstall Ladoja.

In the same manner, President Tinubu has called Sum Fubara not to fight his godfather Nyezom Wike the wicked one, but Rivers Elders and internet warriors said Fubara should wrestle both Tinubu and Wike to the ground. They even pretend that they don't know that Nyezom Wike has majority at the Assembly. When the majority Assembly sits anywhere in Nigeria and impeach Sim Fubara, the IGP will withdraw Police and SSS protection that Fubara has, and his deputy will be sworn in with Police, SSS, and Soldiers protection. Let's see the soldiers that Rivers Elders and internet warriors will bring out. Haven't you all noticed that Sim Fubara's deputy has been silent, just like Ladoja deputy then, and Akinwunmi Ambode's deputy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Seefinish: 6:23am On May 13
Fubara should issue an executive order dissolving the local government chairmen whose tenure have expired and put his own boys as caretakers.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by OneCandleAway(f): 6:25am On May 13
jahsharon:
Day go soon break.

Olusegun Obasanjo called Rashidi Ladoja and advised him not to fight his godfather Lamido Adedibu, but Ladoja refused to hear, minority legislators impeached Ladoja and the IGP withdraw the Police and SSS protection that Ladoja had as governor, that was the end of Solomon Gandhi. Ladoja deputy was sworn in as governor. It took two years for the Court to reinstall Ladoja.

In the same manner, President Tinubu has called Sum Fubara not to fight his godfather Nyezom Wike the wicked one, but Rivers Elders and internet warriors said Fubara should wrestle both Tinubu and Wike to the ground. They even pretend that they don't know that Nyezom Wike has majority at the Assembly. When the majority Assembly sits anywhere in Nigeria and impeach Sim Fubara, the IGP will withdraw Police and SSS protection that Fubara has, and his deputy will be sworn in with Police, SSS, and Soldiers protection. Let's see the soldiers that Rivers Elders and internet warriors will bring out. Haven't you all noticed that Sim Fubara's deputy has been silent, just like Ladoja deputy then, and Akinwunmi Ambode's deputy.

The south south are more strong headed than yorubas. So you can't compare the two

11 Likes

Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by DMerciful(m): 6:27am On May 13
He should have been courageous enough to mention those who offered him money
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Efuaye(m): 6:30am On May 13
The truth will soon come out.
The Kaneri Bird must sing when the time comes
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by westlius(m): 6:44am On May 13
jahsharon:
Day go soon break.

My dear, which of the South South state gov was impeached.
Oven our beloved president Tinubu don't take all lagos state resources al by himself, if not he would have been fought since, the political slot is being shared by Tinubu, APC chieftains and the Gov.
But in wike case he took all.
Example of lagos state, The deputy gov of lagos state was never Tinubu candidate but fashola
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by ruggedtimi(m): 6:45am On May 13
Wike and sim should wait and until 2027, all these once they are acting now ma distractions for rivers state citizens.
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Ofunaofu: 6:46am On May 13
muyico:

God will stop him.

In fact, God has already done that.
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by omowolewa: 7:29am On May 13
Single handedly
Re: I Was Offered Money To Impeach Fubara – Rivers Gov’s Aide, Ehie by Egalitarian1: 7:54am On May 13
We already know that Mr Chief of Staff.

That's the basic antics of the kaikai master serving as a minister in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Theft: NSCDC To Deploy Drones, Aircraft For Surveillance.. / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Dollar Hits 1,105 At Official Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.