Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:56 PM

Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike (160 Views)

Inaccurate Reporting On Sale Of Power On Credit Needs To Be Corrected - Garba / I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio / Rivers APC Ex-official, Fubara, Was Tied Like Crocodile, Beheaded – Party Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by Veegil: 1:31pm On May 13
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has conceded that he committed an error in backing Siminalayi Fubara to succeed him as the Lead Representative of Rivers State.

Wike, who was speaking at a function in Ogu/Bolo Local Government Area of Rivers State on Saturday, apologized to the people of the state for his “error”.

He said he is a human who is undoubtedly prone to committing error, guaranteeing the people, nonetheless, that the slip-up would be amended at the right time.

“I want to say this clearly, in life when you have made a mistake, you say I have made a mistake, there is nothing you can do about it. I have made a mistake, I own it up and I say God forgive me and I will say all of you forgive me, but I will correct it at the appropriate time.

“I am a human being, I am bound to make mistake, my judgement can be wrong, so forgive me for making a wrong judgement. That is life, so nobody should kill himself,” Wike said.

A few days ago, Lead Representative Fubara was quoted as saying that he appreciates Wike for aiding him to emerge the Lead Representative of Rivers State, but would not worship him.

In what appears to be an immediate response to that assertion by Fubara, Wike in his speech communicated that there was no time he informed anyone to worship him as he is not God.

Nonetheless, the Minister said that politicians should be grateful to those who aided them in attaining office as opposed to showing ingratitude.

“I respect people who appreciates what God has done for them, who appreciates what God has used people to do for them. God does not come down, God uses people to help people.

“So, when you are helped you appreciate them and then God will know that you have also appreciated him. I have never told anybody to worship me, nobody can worship man.

“All of us believe that we only have one God and it is only that God we worship and we will continue to worship that God. But as politicians, you appreciate people who have helped you,” he said.

There has been a stressed relationship between Lead Representative Fubara and former Lead Representative of the state, Nyesom Wike, which has tossed the state into a political crisis.

Re: Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by Righthussle: 1:33pm On May 13
I believe you.
Re: Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by Xscape1993(m): 1:37pm On May 13
Your 40 old whiskey is disturbing you sir.
Re: Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by muyico(m): 1:38pm On May 13
exactly! fubara must go!!
Re: Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by Dreal1247: 1:44pm On May 13
Does Wike respect or even recognize Goodluck Jonathan? Politicians only make statement that support their standpoint on issues and not generally.
Re: Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by ceejay10(m): 1:45pm On May 13
Why can't Wike just let this man be? Wat sort is power greed is this?
Re: Backing Fubara Was An Error Which Will Be Corrected – Wike by sole26: 2:02pm On May 13
“I respect people who appreciates what God has done for them, who appreciates what God has used people to do for them. God does not come down, God uses people to help people.

“So, when you are helped you appreciate them and then God will know that you have also appreciated him. I have never told anybody to worship me, nobody can worship man.

“All of us believe that we only have one God and it is only that God we worship and we will continue to worship that God. But as politicians, you appreciate people who have helped you,” he said.

Foolish talk. When last did u appreciate Goodluck and Patience Jonathan who helped u wen Amechi wanted to roast u?
We all know single handedly Patience brought u to power in 2015.
Abeg shift..

(1) (Reply)

Bank Manager Arrested For N650.8m Fraud In Osun / Breaking: Tinubu Appoint Governing Council For Federal Tertiary Institutions / Why Is Nairaland Mostly Adding 2 Peoples Problems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.