Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,740 members, 7,844,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight (45537 Views)

Usyk: Anthony Joshua Angrily Stormed Out Of The Boxing Ring After Losing / Boxing: Efe Ajagba Loses First Professional Fight As Sanchez Retains Title / Shola Shoretire To Sign Man United First Professional Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Jerchance: 8:27am On May 14
Who will like to fight that Portuguese boxer again?

1 Like

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by oyatz(m): 8:32am On May 14
hammer567:
SINCE AJ, ALL YORUBA BOYZ TURN BOXERS, NOW DEY WILL ALL RUN AWAY.

RIP

Ignorant kids like thus are too many on Nairaland.

Weren't Yoruba guys into boxing before AJ?

Did all Igbo guys run away from Football after the death of Sam Okwaraji who died at the 77th minute during a World Cup qualifying match between Nigeria and Angola in 1989

6 Likes

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Curious345: 8:39am On May 14
Oh dear .. rip bro
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by 1000Capacity: 8:40am On May 14
Oh my god. I know sherrif embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Orobadmeat: 8:40am On May 14
Things don't change, they just innovate, reminds me of the Roman gladiators, rest in peace, Adieu
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by israelmao(m): 8:40am On May 14
Reno Omokri how far?Are we not patronizing made-in Nigeria products enough?
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by yewit37486: 8:40am On May 14
What a tragedy, may his soul rest in peace.
I think boxing as a sport should be banned.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Kionrae: 8:40am On May 14
I go rain jabs on you tire
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:40am On May 14
So sad
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by 1000Capacity: 8:41am On May 14
Omo Oga o shocked
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Kingsley123456(m): 8:41am On May 14
Some of you will say Boxing nah Acting 😒😒
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by vanvickie(m): 8:41am On May 14
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by emmy512: 8:42am On May 14
CharleyBright:
They should arrest the organizers of the fight for calling two people to come and fight and kill themselves. They should also arrest everyone that stood and watch them fight instead of separating them.
What kind of thing is that?

Sounds like what my girlfriend will say

7 Likes

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by gbengene1234(m): 8:43am On May 14
CharleyBright:
They should arrest the organizers of the fight for calling two people to come and fight and kill themselves. They should also arrest everyone that stood and watch them fight instead of separating them.

Who is this grin

4 Likes

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by mycar: 8:43am On May 14
1000 ways to die
RIP to him
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Eriokanmi: 8:44am On May 14
tuzle:
I remember one story I read online about a boxer like that who became comatose after a fight, that shit gave me nightmare. There was another one recently again where the guy was in coma for months and his brain was damaged. Boxing isn't a child's play. Punching the face or head can cause some serious Problem to the person.
Joshua's recrnt fight with the Cameroonian almost ended that way. Shock catch me oo.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Honestey: 8:45am On May 14
Is aluwo counts as doping?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Sparrk007(m): 8:45am On May 14
Nukilia:
Heaven rest his soul.

The young man should have come home for spiritual fortification before proceeding on such act...
undecided
you for give am knack and fall

2 Likes

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by BeigJawnson(m): 8:46am On May 14
Rest in peace ....

1 Like

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by ravensckar(m): 8:47am On May 14
tuzle:
I remember one story I read online about a boxer like that who became comatose after a fight, that shit gave me nightmare.
That's Prichard Colon! He fought against William Terrell who punched him at the back of his head (a dangerous and banned move). Even when Prichard complained to the referee, he was told to "deal with it".

He collapsed at the ninth round and was rushed to the hospital where he slipped into coma (for 221 days). The doctors did save his life but he has been in a vegetative state ever since. Mind you, that fight happened in 2015. angry angry

I've said it countless times; "One of the most underrated miracles is going out to look for our daily bread and returning home unharmed". May the Almighty God continue to protect us as we go about hustling for our daily bread. sad sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:47am On May 14
I zryna train for boxing in early 2005 then in Ogba ikeja. My instructor Mr Afeez beat the hell outta me. I resorted to gaming and never looked back. Boxing is something else. Shit ain't roses. Damn!

R.I.P to him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:48am On May 14
richiemcgold:
He probably got a real hard knock
maybe the Portuguese boxer also used the anger he has for Portuguese government to knock him out...
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by gigabyte13: 8:48am On May 14
What's the aim of boxing if not to punch your opponent into coma.
May his soul find rest
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Berankis: 8:50am On May 14
Whether you box, play football, do politics, do white collar job, craftsmanship, business and even health work, one will still die.
Only the different careers have different timelines.
RIP to the great courageous boxer. Wish I had the courage and tenacity to go into sports too... But now it's too late, age is fast advancing.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Pootle: 8:51am On May 14
part of life we all gonna die some day
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Whobedatte(m): 8:52am On May 14
Reminds me of Chris Eubank and Micheal Watson
After the first bout, Watson lost and felt he was cheated .
There was s re-bout and Watson the main challenger almost killed Eubank till the 10th round when Eubank dealt a devastating uppercut on Watsons head .
Watson was in a state of coma for almost a year and was miraculously brought back to life
He was paralyzed completely and confined to a wheel chair for life !
Boxing is hell of a sport embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by frankblinkz(m): 8:52am On May 14
I'm watching the old CREED MOVIE now
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by nedekid: 8:55am On May 14
Is that all they will say after killing him? Police wount arrest? The family wount claim some sort of conspiracy to kill him requiring investigation?
Oh, that just me talking like a nigerian.
Rest in peace to the brave worrior, may his family find the fortitude to bear they huge loss.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Judolisco(m): 8:55am On May 14
Namaster:
This is why boxers are one of the few athletes that DESERVE the insane amount of money they are paid.

You enter the ring and the GOAL of your opponent is to knock your brain HARD enough to make you faint.

But you're smart and trained so you guard your head.

Prohlem is your opponent is smart and trained too. So while you're guarding your head, he BATTERS your kidney. Over and over again.

Until you give up and try to guard against body shots. At which point your opponent musters ALL of his strength and deliver a powerful BLOW that rattles your brain inside your skull.

What I'm saying is this:

Boxing is a modern day BLOODSPORT. People train to kill each other with their bare hands for entertainment.
na why dem dey fight once or twice per year bdat and earn big.... Very dangerous sport
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by gigabyte13: 8:55am On May 14
CharleyBright:

🤣🤣😅😅😂🤣😅😅
😂🤣😅🤣😅😂🤣😂
Oya go give your Mummy her phone
Tell her say
You don use am finish
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by MMempire(m): 8:56am On May 14
richiemcgold:
He probably got a real hard knock
Abeg, help bring that guy wey knock down him opponent in 23 seconds to come help knock down this present government. We really need him help to free us from oppression and tinubulation. He should not just japa and forget we that are still suffering. He was once one of us.

1 Like

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by femi4: 8:59am On May 14
opamoses1:
Protect yourself is what the referee always says.
Not when you got hit on the face

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uruguay Vs France: World Cup (0 - 2) - Full Time / 11 Nigerian Footballers Who Have Never Played For Nigeria / Obafemi Martins Rejected $1.5 Million Deal To Play In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.