Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,798 members, 7,844,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight (45543 Views)

Usyk: Anthony Joshua Angrily Stormed Out Of The Boxing Ring After Losing / Boxing: Efe Ajagba Loses First Professional Fight As Sanchez Retains Title / Shola Shoretire To Sign Man United First Professional Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by poiZon: 9:00am On May 14
I wish him speedy recovery in Hell/Heaven...

Make dem quick revive am to answer him deeds while on earth esp if he supported Tinubu and Buhari.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by chatinent: 9:01am On May 14
He knew it was a dangerous sport.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by greypencils: 9:03am On May 14
Namaster:
This is why boxers are one of the few athletes that DESERVE the insane amount of money they are paid.

You enter the ring and the GOAL of your opponent is to knock your brain HARD enough to make you faint.

But you're smart and trained so you guard your head.

Prohlem is your opponent is smart and trained too. So while you're guarding your head, he BATTERS your kidney. Over and over again.

Until you give up and try to guard against body shots. At which point your opponent musters ALL of his strength and deliver a powerful BLOW that rattles your brain inside your skull.

What I'm saying is this:

Boxing is a modern day BLOODSPORT. People train to kill each other with their bare hands for entertainment.
So it's a very foolish boxer that will go through all that punishment, make all that money and still go broke.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by lucky4west: 9:09am On May 14
sad...dem don use abito shaker hit this guy....boxing allow you to be hit in dangerous areas, nose, mouth, eyes, ear, body shot to kidney etc....well they get paid for it though...but still not cool to me...
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Ishilove: 9:14am On May 14
His calling was definitely not boxing...
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Angelfrost(m): 9:20am On May 14
Kingray10:

The detailed description you gave is enough to ban the sport. wink

Ban wetin??! Don't make me laugh.

Maybe you don't know that most human beings across the world, especially in Europe and America revel in violence and bloodshed.

That's why such inhumane and gory sports like Boxing, MMA, and underground death matches have insane and ridiculously high sponsorship.

Study the history of Violent and Mortal Gladiator sports under the Roman empire.

Let's not even talk about the Billion Dollar betting industry... That's an age long mafia cartel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Faposky95: 9:22am On May 14
ShoeGetSize:

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/sherif-lawal-uk-based-boxer-dies-after-being-knocked-down-during-professional-debut-13135346

what did he go into the ring with...?
That was his first big fight........
....Just to make history but in a fuzzy way........
my heart goes to yours....
he died jabbing......my nigga
Rest
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by ElevationD: 9:22am On May 14
Very sad. Very sorrowful.
Tyson said it all.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Angelfrost(m): 9:25am On May 14
Jerchance:
Who will like to fight that Portuguese boxer again?

His Boxing career might be done here...!

Having a 'killed' or death on your Boxing resume is a terrible thing.

That's a career demise.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by just2endowed: 9:26am On May 14
BigBlackPreek:
Eyah you did on your first professional fight. Rest in peace fighter

Boxing was not his calling. Look at his pic above, you see that in his eyes he was scared as hell.

Rip bro
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Angelfrost(m): 9:26am On May 14
yewit37486:
What a tragedy, may his soul rest in peace.
I think boxing as a sport should be banned.

Fat chance that will ever happen.

MMA is even far worse... That one is pure raw Gladiator violence.

Do you know how much sponsors spend annually on those blood sports?!! The fact that it is a multi-Billion Dollar industry means it won't end anytime soon.

They will simply write off such incidents as rare collateral damage and job hazards, which the boxers and fighters sign off on.

Personally, I believe average human beings, especially Europeans and Americans, have an innate desire to see violence and bloodshed.

See the high number of people who pay large sums of money to see these fights... Even unsanctioned underground death matches are highly attended annually.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by DMerciful01(m): 9:30am On May 14
[quote author=Namaster post=129939833]This is why boxers are one of the few athletes that DESERVE the insane amount of money they are paid.
What of wrestlers?
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Rossididdy(f): 9:37am On May 14
Cutecharlz:
May his soul rest in peace. Boxing is a very risky sport to dive into...

Bro no sport be that one na fight
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by superCleanworks(m): 9:45am On May 14
agabusta:

This is a trained boxer dying from fight, abeg my people run away from useless and unnecessary fight oh

📢📣🔊🔊🔊
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Polynek(m): 9:49am On May 14
May His soul rest in peace
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by yewit37486: 9:50am On May 14
Angelfrost:

Fat chance that will ever happen.

MMA is even far worse... That one is pure raw Gladiator violence.

Do you know how much sponsors spend annually on those blood sports?!! The fact that it is a multi-Billion Dollar industry means it won't end anytime soon.

They will simply write off such incidents as rare collateral damage and job hazards, which the boxers and fighters sign off on.

Personally, I believe average human beings, especially Europeans and Americans, have an innate desire to see violence and bloodshed.

See the high number of people who pay large sums of money to see these fights... Even unsanctioned underground death matches are highly attended annually.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I remember AJ and Ngannou being paid an insane amount for a fight in Saudi Arabia not too long ago.

I guess it's up to the boxers to make their choice - life or death. Even Mohammed Ali didn't enjoy his post retirement life, it's not worth it IMHO.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by pikechukwu6(m): 9:52am On May 14
Who kill him with blow kwanu

RIP man
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Thabothabo101: 9:59am On May 14
Now that fucker’s bitch will take his compensation money.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by georgeakins: 10:00am On May 14
papyjaypaul:
These boxers punch all vital organs of your body. Your head, your nose, your ear, your chest your heart everywhere. Boxing,MMA and all of them I don't admire them.

Punching a boxer's chest attracts no point. Only the head and face can earn you points.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Santalpharay: 10:00am On May 14
mkoabiola:
Nothing to scare me ..

I will still box professionally

Good luck to you dude
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by wunaESQ(m): 10:01am On May 14
nedekid:
Is that all they will say after killing him? Police wount arrest? The family wount claim some sort of conspiracy to kill him requiring investigation?
Oh, that just me talking like a nigerian.
Rest in peace to the brave worrior, may his family find the fortitude to bear they huge loss.
VOLUNTI NON FIT INJURIA
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by MatrixCircle: 10:03am On May 14
Same way AJ nearly send Francis Ngannou to his ancestors. grin
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by pholu88(f): 10:08am On May 14
Sleep on beloved
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by arantess: 10:11am On May 14
its a hard knock life and then you pass away
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by MySolace: 10:15am On May 14
Kingray10:
The detailed description you gave is enough to ban the sport. wink
Dey would rather opt to add more foam to the hand gloves
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by MaziObinnaokija: 10:20am On May 14
grin Spiritual fortification? Everything nor be jazz,otumphor. Sport men Exercise NOT wishing. U pray,ur opponent isn't a dunce too.Tyson was once beaten..Back in my yoot days,i used to carry heavy things. E go hard for 10 peepz to carry/drag me.It is not how muscular u are.Now,i can't do such again due to age/weakness of bone..May his soul RIP sad
Nukilia:
Heaven rest his soul.

The young man should have come home for spiritual fortification before proceeding on such act...
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Nukilia: 10:26am On May 14
MaziObinnaokija:
grin Spiritual fortification? Everything nor be jazz,otumphor. Sport men Exercise NOT wishing. U pray,ur opponent isn't a dunce too.Tyson was once beaten..Back in my yoot days,i used to carry heavy things. E go hard for 10 peepz to carry/drag me.It is not how muscle u are.Now,i can't do such again due to age/weakness of bone..May his soul RIP sad

I know what I'm saying. It's independent of age...
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Empresa: 10:29am On May 14
People should know when to throw in the towel, live to fight another day.

Many people didn't understand how AJ felt when he threw in the Towel against Andy Ruiz while still standing on his feet. Attletics in every sport need to understand their body and know when to stop.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Mcslize: 10:40am On May 14
Nukilia:
Heaven rest his soul.

The young man should have come home for spiritual fortification before proceeding on such act...
undecided

Many people don't believe in spirituality. Some don't even believe in God and prayers.

I see such people as foolish and working corpse. If no be God, them for don kpai me since. I have escaped gun on two occasions in this Nigeria. One was during my university days when I was going for night class around 11PM in the night. One happy trigger mofo almost pull a trigger on me on the way that very night for no reason. Another happened at a gun point when I went to withdraw money from a POS. It's not coincidence. It's God and as per my head strong too. I nor come this life with soft head.

Any evil person come for me, the person dey find big trouble cuz no be person go tell u to retreat. Body go tell that person. Na God dey protect me couple with my mouth that carried grace I speak things into reality. That's why I always keep my hands clean.

I no dey find trouble. I dey mind my business but cuz I am Godsent, the devil and his worker of iniquity want me death. But they don't know me too hold my side tight.

In life, you must balance your physical life with your spiritual life.

Don't overlook God, nature and spirituality on all its entirety. It's not by coincidence that we wake up on a daily basis still some people still play down on the power of God, nature and the university as a whole.

On God always and forever. The grace is obvious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Slickest(m): 10:40am On May 14
I still say it THE WORLD IS SICK!!!
Went through comments and all i see is rip and all. If it were 2 men fighting on the street and one hits the other to death he goes to prison. But because money is involved, two grown ups paired against each other one can easily beat the other to death and its alright, coz its a competition?
We are barbaric and sick!!! Get entertained by waitching 2 people fight over money and kill each other over it.
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Nukilia: 10:43am On May 14
Mcslize:

Many people don't believe in spirituality. Some don't even believe in God and prayers.

I see such people as foolish and working corpse. If no be God, them for don kpai me since. I escaped gun on two occasions. It's not coincidence. It's God and as per my head strong too. I nor come this life with soft head.

Any evil person come for me, the person dey find big trouble cuz no person go tell u to retreat.

I no dey find trouble. I dey mind my business but cuz I am Godsent, the devil and his worker of iniquity want me death. But they don't know me too hold my side tithe.

In life, you must balance your physical.life with your daily life.

On God always. The grace is obvious.

As simple as ABC...
Re: Sherif Lawal Dies Inside The Boxing Ring In His First Professional Fight by Gbatse: 10:46am On May 14
I don't like this boxing of a sport, not to talk of watching it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Cote D’Ivoire: WAFU Women's Cup Finals (5 - 4) Penalty (Full Time) / Arsenal Player Salaries 2017-18 (clubs Wage Bill Revealed) / Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.