Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges (6858 Views)

Senator Ndume Defeats Ahmed Lawan In Mock Election For Senate Leader / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri / Senator Ndume Contacted Boko-Haram Leader 73 Times In One Month Says SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Xmind1: 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
Nigerian Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume, Arraigned On Terrorism Charges

The Nigerian senator detained in connection with links to islamic militant group Boko Haram appeared at an Abuja Magistrate court today to face terrorism charges.

The Peoples Democratic Party Senator, Mohammed Ali Ndume from Borno earlier confessed to knowing the spokesperson of the dreaded Boko Haram sect operating in the northeastern parts of Nigeria.

Senator Ndume represents Borno South Senatorial District at the Nigerian senate.

The Boko Haram spokesperson, Ali Sanda Umar Konduga, aka, "Usman Al-Zawahiri" was arrested and paraded in public yesterday by the Nigerian secret police, State Security Services (SSS).
He spoke openly about Senator Ndume's support in helping the group frame threat messages to various politicians and Nigerian officials via text messages.

The embattled senator was arraigned alongside the self-confessed spokesperson of the Boko Haram sect, Ali Sanda Umar Konduga (A.K.A) Usman Al-Zawahiri at magistrate court Abuja.

The court was still in session as at the time of filing this report, but state prosecutors said they will oppose any bail application for the senator.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/121973-nigerian-senator-mohammed-ali-ndume-arraigned-on-terrorism-charges.html
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Xmind1: 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume, representing Borno South Senatorial district, who was alleged by the State Security Service as a financier of the Boko Haram sect, has pleaded not guilty to the breach of official trust by disclosing information to unauthorized persons and criminals.

Ndume was arraigned today at a Chief Magistrate Court at Zone 2, Abuja, where he pleaded not guilty. While his accuser Sanda Umar Konduga the alleged Boko Haram spokesman pleaded guilty to a two-count charge of criminal intimidation and anonymous calls. Konduga has been convicted and sentenced to a nine-year jail term. He had allegedly confessed to having, on the orders of the Senator, sent threatening messages to different individuals in the past.

The Joint Task Force reportedly arrested 13 suspects in connection to the attacks that held in Damaturu and Maiduguri, the Yobe and Borno State capitals.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Olowojegure: 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2011
Now that it is gradually being unveil that Boko Haram is a political militancy group disguising as an Islamic sect, I think it is very very wrong to attach the adjective "Islamic" to describing the group. Islam is a peaceful religion
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by boneruns(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^ He was arraigned as a masterminder of political boko haram. The sponsors of the religious boko haram(the ones bombing churches) are yet be found.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by lucabrasi(m): 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2011
real shame, and the man was one of the few senators who seemed sincere when speaking on gbenga aruleba's defunct programme on air
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by texazzpete(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
Olowojègúrè:

Now that it is gradually being unveil that Boko Haram is a political militancy group disguising as an Islamic sect, I think it is very very wrong to attach the adjective "Islamic" to describing the group. Islam is a peaceful religion

Yes, because the people doing suicide bombing were doing it for politics
/sarcasm
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Beaf: 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2011
lucabrasi:

real shame, and the man was one of the few senators who seemed sincere when speaking on gbenga aruleba's defunct programme on air

Exactly! Ndume is tha last person anybody would have expected to be a boko haram lord. The man seemed so upright and straightforward.

There were two things that rang alarm bells for me about his character just before the last elections, though.
The first was when he said a couple of things about GEJ which were patently false and unexpected from a person of his (now debased) moral standing; secondly, after describing PDP in the most condescending terms, he promptly left ANPP and crossed over to PDP, with just weeks to go before the elections!
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by ak47mann(m): 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2011
texazzpete:

Yes, because the people doing suicide bombing were doing it for politics
/sarcasm
that's a big point there,i was thinking the same how can suicide bombing become a political affair?

To me Nigerian govt their point indicates Islamisation of northern Nigeria.But boko haram want to impose sharia to all northern states
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Beaf: 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2011
ak47mann:

that's a big point there,i was thinking the same how can suicide bombing become a political affair?

They brainwash the kids, that how. Those children were brought up through the almajiri system as robots in awe of pseudo-religion and their Imams. IMHO, the politicians ply the Imams with cash, while the Imams fire up the kids with crap and potent bullshiit until their eyes blaze red with murderous thoughts, then all thats needed is a target. . .

The core-North is led by an elite that is generally evil and power hungry, they know nothing outside seeping oil through federal govt straws and they will trample anybody or thing in their paths to get there.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by ak47mann(m): 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
Beaf:

They brainwash the kids, that how. Those children were brought up through the almajiri system as robots in awe of pseudo-religion and their Imams. IMHO, the politicians ply the Imams with cash, while the Imams fire up the kids with crap and potent bullshiit until their eyes blaze red with murderous thoughts, then all thats needed is a target. . .

The core-North is led by an elite that is generally evil and power hungry, they know nothing outside than seeping oil through federal govt straws and they will trample anybody or thing in their paths to get there.
bolded that is the problem. cool
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Olowojegure: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2011
You people should stop talking like olodo. If there were anything quintessential to suicide bombing to kill innocent people and destroy property to enter paradise in the Quran, i am a muslim and i would have died a long time ago. Poverty and ignorance are the things plaguing most of the northern state. There is this say that if you want to keep controling a group of people, you should simply deny them education. It is these depth of ignorance that as made there so called educated elite to wield such an enormous control over them.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by yuboy: 10:42am On Nov 23, 2011
am n ot suprise at dis because i no 9ja wahala 2 much see am now dey will still release d senator and prove him innocence just bet and see

Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:47am On Nov 23, 2011
I laff in the face of corruption
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by manchy7531: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2011
I HATE NORTHERN POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS,THEY ARE ALL HYPOCRITE
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by islamrules(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2011
But my people, let think about this logic.

Those suicide bombers that has died for this PDP senator in the name of Jihad and Sharia.

Are they going to get their 77 virgos ?

They died because of a fake cause. And some useless Nigerians told GEJ to negotiate with Boko-haram.

GEJ to negotiate with PDP ?

The Ex-governor (Obasanjo guy), why has he not been arrested ?
Obasanjo too should be arrested.

Imagine people committing suicide bombing bcuz somebody brainwashed them. The same thing is applicable to all those muslims jihadists all over the world. Alqaida, Hizbolla, taliban. They are being decieved by power obsessed men.

Na wa for muslims ooo. They need to wake up and stop being used.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by oge4real(f): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2011
I am certain this man will go scot free, even after the young man has bagged 9yrs in jail.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by rolchi(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2011
Lets hope that this time our judiciary will do a good job!!!
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by aloyemeka1: 11:56am On Nov 23, 2011
Are they making this mallam face terrorism charges simply because a Boko Haram member fingered him?. How sure are they that the Boko Haram member was saying the truth?. Did they conduct further investigation to authenticate the claim before arresting the senator?
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by rolchi(m): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^ Well, in my view, Konduga was arrested since Nov. 3, Information may have been extracted from him given 72 hours (if we assume that the BH Convict did not want to talk initially). I believe the SSS had ample time to cross check the intel they received from BH Convict before going for Senator Ndume.

However, one will ask, how did the BH Convict get phone numbers of senior govt officials. Although, it has been reported that Governor of Niger refuted that he ever got any threat messages but the AGF has not refuted receiving any such messages which will mean that the convict is actually saying something worth listening to. But we wait further investigations,

Aloy have you noticed that many northern leaders both political and religious has never commented on BH? wink wink wink
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Ournaija: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
islamrules:

But my people, let think about this logic.

Those suicide bombers that has died for this PDP senator in the name of Jihad and Sharia.

Are they going to get their 77 virgos ?

They died because of a fake cause. And some useless Nigerians told GEJ to negotiate with Boko-haram.

GEJ to negotiate with PDP ?

The Ex-governor (Obasanjo guy), why has he not been arrested ?
Obasanjo too should be arrested.

Imagine people committing suicide bombing bcuz somebody brainwashed them. The same thing is applicable to all those muslims jihadists all over the world. Alqaida, Hizbolla, taliban. They are being decieved by power obsessed men.

Na wa for muslims ooo. They need to wake up and stop being used.

I have heard so many Muslim folks say the bolded is false. The question is who propagated this 77 virgin theory that has lead so many lives to their untimely grave and even hell fire.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by BigMeat2: 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
Some of our politicians are just plain heartless
Why embark on such disastrous venture, knowing fully that innocent lives are at stake.
There are still a few number of politicians involve, there should be travel ban on all serving senators and reps until further notice.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Kulas: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
My fear is that at the end of d day,this man will be freed and nothing will be done to him.If Gej is man enough,let him handle this matter with all the seriousness it deserve,not to be flexing muscle in the politics of his native state.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Beaf1: 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
Big Meat:

Some of our politicians are just plain heartless
Why embark on such disastrous venture, knowing fully that innocent lives are at stake.
There are still a few number of politicians involve, there should be travel ban on all serving senators and reps until further notice.

^^^
My brother if given the chance these politicians can wipe off all nigerian population in the surface of earth to achieve their political gains. It is as bad as that!

The only life they value is their own.

Only God will save us.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by executinal(m): 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2011
The best treatment the useless Man deserve is just put him in a cage, every morning cut off one of his body parts until he is dead.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by TenKobo1: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
When the governor of Bayelsa state threatened to killed Retardinho, Peshie his wife and El-Retaldo his brother, i knew that something, somehow did not add up well with the Boko Haram thing. I knew that those who bought the Buhari connection to Boko Haram were the same first people who bought the Fresh Air propaganda, peddled by the PDP some million years ago. The chicken is coming home to roost.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by kooto(m): 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2011
i heared ndume confirm he knew BH spokeman hw, if one or two evidences are found his case should be very fast. the fear still remains he might be set free even if there are evidences.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by itsmayiela(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
If GEJ can impose compulsory western education on the almajiris, there will no longer be illiteracy,suicide killing or religious crisis in the northern nigeria
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by teskyg: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2011
The same Senators wanted to pass a vote of no Confidence on GEJ last week.They should investigate further.His Posture in Court shows he is guilty.Let him called his other Cohorts. The  Devil called has caused so untold hardship to many Nigerians who have lost their love ones and Business .I am surprised that an offense of such magnitude carries only Nine year in prison.Ndume and his  Northern cohorts are not fit to  co- exist with human Beings.

This is a Litmus test to GEJ and he needs to win the confidence of Nigerians back by properly handling this issue.The Death of Ambassador Pindar shows that our God is bigger .This is a man that has been blessed with everything you can think of.While  they support Boko Haram(Education is Sin)'Their children are in Prestigious schools in London and America.The Northern masses have to get it right that their are in captivity .Their elite has hold them to ransom.It is a pity because many of them failed to understand this going by their comments on Nairaland and other social network sites.I was told that there is always cheers and applause in the town of Maiduguri any time JTF patrol team is attacked.It is a pity that they Northern masses has failed to truly identify who the real enemy is.It is their Elite, God save them.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
i dont know senator Ndume facially cry cry cry cry, can anybody pls upload his pix cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by inyarr: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
Those who are saying that islam is a peaceful religion should shut up. I was in Sokoto during the presidential election, and i heard an islamic cleric in 'preaching' that, any moslem that will vote for PDP (GEJ) is a pagan and will not enter the kingdom of God, look at the crisis in the islamic world today, is that not a pointer that islam is a chatic religion that doesn't want peace? how on earth will someone fight(jihad)  for God? Our God is mighty in battle, the Lord is his Name. He will continue to fight for us. Those who live by swords and bombs shall die by swords and bombs.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by inyarr: 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
Those who are saying that islam is a peaceful religion should shut up. I was in Sokoto during the presidential election, and i heard an islamic cleric while 'preaching' to his confused and violent-prone listeners that, any moslem that will vote for PDP (GEJ) is a pagan and will not enter the kingdom of God, look at the crisis in the islamic world today, is that not a pointer that islam is a chaotic religion that doesn't want peace? how on earth will someone fight(jihad)  for God? i think the god the moslem serve is a dead god tha can't fight its battles without the help of its worshippers. Our God is mighty in battle, the Lord is his Name. He will continue to fight for us. Those who live by swords and bombs shall die by swords and bombs in Jesus name. Amen. ISLAM IS PURE OBSCURANTISM.
Re: Senator Ndume Arraigned On Terrorism Charges by tnktosin(m): 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
Animals in white brocade  grin  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Is On Wikipedia/marriage / Buhari’s Presidency, A Historic Error – Tinubu / $9.6bn Judgment: P&ID Says No Negotiations, UK Legal Battle Resumes Today-punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.