Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,364 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Fibroid Has Become A Concern - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fibroid Has Become A Concern (2306 Views)

Concern Mounts Over Low Use Of Female Condom / My Concern On The Abusive Intake Of Benylin With Codeine / Has Fibroid At The Age Of 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fibroid Has Become A Concern by jofaj: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
FIBROID
Fibroid is a growth in the muscle layers of the uterus.  It is the commonest benign neoplasm in females.  They appear round, white and solid.
The presence of fibroid does not necessarily mean that they need to be treated.  Treatment is necessary when there is discomfort or imminent danger.
It is not every woman that must have fibroid. intimate intercourse or lack of it has nothing to do with fibroid or its control.
Incidence:
Fibroids are common during reproductive years and they are found in about 50% of black women of reproductive age.  It shrinks dramatically in size after a woman passes through menopause.
Classification of fibroids:
a. Fibroid could be single or multiple. 
                b.They are also named according to where they are found.
i. Intramural fibroids are those found in the wall of the uterus (womb). They are the commonest.
ii. Sub-serous fibroid grow outside the wall of the uterus (womb) and can become very large.  They can also grow in stalks.  In this case, they are called pedunculated fibroids.
iii. Sub-mucosal fibroids are those found in the inner lining of the uterus. This type often causes bleeding and interferes with pregnancy.
iv. Cervical fibroids are found in the wall of the cervix (neck of the womb).
How they grow:
Most fibroids start in an intramural location.  As they grow, some may develop towards the outside of the uterus (subserous) while some develop towards the cavity (submucosal).
Fibroids may grow rapidly during pregnancy due to increased oestrogen level but hey are known to shrink following menopause as the levels of oestrogen decreases.
Fibroid varies in size from microscopic, to lesions of considerable size.  When big up to the size of an orange, the victim may be able to feel it through the abdominal wall as a round solid mass around the pelvis.
Signs and symptoms of fibroids depend on the size, number and location of the fibroid:
i. Lower abdominal mass
ii. Abdominal discomfort
iii. Uterine bleedings
iv. Painful menstrual periods
v. Heavy menstrual periods
vi. Abdominal bloating
vii. Urinary frequency
viii. Pain during intercourse
ix. Bleeding in pregnancy
x. Infertility/miscarriages
xi. Sometimes, urinary retention
However, when small, they may present no symptoms.
Diagnosis:
Diagnosis is better established by a medical practitioner after an ultrasound scan.  The scan will determine the location, number and size of the fibroid.
When further opinion is required as to whether the fibroid is interfering with fertility, there are other improved and advanced diagnostic procedures.
Treatments:
Problems associated with fibroids are often the reason for treatment; otherwise, the presence of fibroid does not mean that they must be treated.
i. Medical intervention: Medical experts often use contraceptive pills to manage symptoms presented by fibroids. Drugs are also used to induce menopause-like situation. High density ultra sound waves can also be used to destroy the tissues.
ii. Uterine Artery Embolisation:-   A procedure in managing fibroid by cutting off blood supply to the fibroid.
iii. Surgery:-  Surgery is the most popular intervention for fibroid.  This involves surgical removal of the fibroid itself or the entire uterus (womb) along with the fibroid as the case may be.  Surgical removal of fibroid may not prevent a re-occurrence especially in cases of multiple fibroid, but surgery remains the quickest way to get rid of fibroid.
Fibroid and cancer
There is no consensus opinion that fibroids develop to cancer. However, rapid growth of fibroid or growth after menopause needs medical investigations.
Products that have worked wonders are:
i. Nectar
ii. Garlic/Thyme
iii. Abetacare
iv. Arctic Sea
v. Bee Propolis
vi. Nature Min

FIBROID has been successfully managed using Nectar, Garlic/Thyme, Abetacare, Arctic Sea, Bee Propolis and Nature-Min.
The case of a particular lady is worth mentioning. She had three miscarriages and was told that she may not be able to carry any pregnancy to term because of three small fibroids. She was advised to go for surgery but she refused because of her faith in God and fear of surgery. She the above named products after a scan report confirmed three small fibroids. She became pregnant within three months and carried the pregnancy to term. She continued with the products throughout pregnancy and delivered a baby boy.
She continued with the products after delivery and became pregnant again just a year later and also delivered the second baby boy through normal delivery.
What makes the testimony unique is that the scan report after the second delivery could not trace any fibroid in her uterus again.

Another unique case a lady with huge fibroid who bled throughout pregnancy. She was using these same products for fibroid when suddenly she became pregnant. Throughout the pregnancy she was having severe abdominal pain and bleeding so she was in and out of the hospital until she finally delivered a baby girl normally. 
[i][b]For more information and help, call 08034707472 or e-mail: ojofavorite@yahoo.com. You can also order for my book 'A GATEWAY TO HEALTH AND HEALING'.[/i][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Learn From This: Chest And Bosom Problems / How Much Fear Did You Have For Injections As A Child ? / Pharmacist Assasinated In Gboko(graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.