Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable (7848 Views)

Governor Adeleke Commends Progress Of Work On Osun Broadband Fibre Optic Project / Buhari Has Plans For Additional State In South East, Obiano Tells Ndigbo / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by skj1377(m): 5:16pm On May 14
Another waste of money.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Blazetrailer: 5:17pm On May 14
I wonder where these people get dim witted assumptions like this from. A SPV that has no name,
all still in the pipeline...?? And this one is already assuming for a President who was so overated has no idea and completely confused at the moment This government will be far worse than Buhari's.

emkz:
I see what Tinubu's administration is trying to do.

Through SPVs from PPPs like we have with NLNG, which has consistently returned profits to the Nigerian state, Tinubu wants to simultaneously launch several ambitious projects nationwide.

We have seen this with the 2 proposed coastal road projects and now the building of fibre optic cable.

I also hear NIPOST may be restructured to become a profit-making agency.

1. NIPOST Properties & Development Company Limited.

2. NIPOST Transport & Services Limited; -NIPOST E- Commerce Services Limited.

3. NIPOST Financial & Digital Services Limited.

4. NIPOST Microfinance Bank Limited; -NIPOST E-Government Service.

This is according to one @OpeBee on Twitter.

May the Tinubu administration and Nigeria succeed.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by NinjaMetahuman: 5:20pm On May 14
Until they launch the cable and it actually benefiting Nigerians Interms of better and affordable connectivity, believe this clown minister of communication at your own peril.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by skj1377(m): 5:21pm On May 14
After the fiber cable is completed then the next problem is maintenance. Private telecom pay as much as N20million or more to maintain a fiber stretch of only 300km monthly . In the case of Gov the cost will be inflated to over 100 times more. The issue will be profitability or are they subsidizing fiber connectivity. Another thoughtless project from Tinubu administration.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by skj1377(m): 5:24pm On May 14
How does the government hope to recover costs since Nitel has been sold. Other telecom recover cost from retailed data and voice services to their millions of subscribers. Apparently this minister is a one chance man
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by bigpicture001: 5:29pm On May 14
Tinubu is so predictable...i know once he lays his hands on the 2.5 billion dollars IMF loan, he would conjure a very hefty project to gallop the money and pay online warriors to fight criticism...

As usual its always kickback contracts or stake in contractor coys contract...

Tinubu is simply doing personal business
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by fof1: 5:31pm On May 14
emkz:
Breaking News: Peter Obi reacts, condemns Tinubu's administration for giving approval for a special purpose vehicle to build 90,000km fibre optic cable, calls it a white elephant project and laments potential job losses in the corridors where the cable would be laid. Advises government to focus on ending poverty instead.

This I have seen.

Ur Lies and Falsehoods will haunt ur Generation...Stop this Stupidity Calling it Politics
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by fijihems: 5:39pm On May 14
We should focus on the hunger which is giving Nigerians sleepless first. We need to eat well and be healthy and happy before talking about internet.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Pythagoras001: 5:40pm On May 14
Special purpose vehicle
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by emkz: 5:45pm On May 14
fof1:

Ur Lies and Falsehoods will haunt ur Generation...Stop this Stupidity Calling it Politics

SATIRE is allowed.

Don't be daft PLEASE!
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Hogwarthtrades: 6:02pm On May 14
emkz:

Through SPVs from PPPs like we have with NLNG, which has consistently returned profits to the Nigerian state, Tinubu wants to simultaneously launch several ambitious projects nationwide.

We have seen this with the 2 proposed coastal road projects and now the building of fibre optic cable.

1. NIPOST Properties & Development Company Limited. ..... This is according to one @OpeBee on Twitter

From incepttion, was expeecting NIPOST to Partner with JUMIA for last mile delivery option across the nation considering NIPOSt has the infrastrucutre that can be seriously built upon. So far, nothing on that front. Hopefully the DG and her team can tap into her experience in that space. Else, GIGL and Jumia will slowly take NIPOStLaunch and Dinner in the coming years.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by cenaman(m): 6:30pm On May 14
emkz:
Breaking News: Peter Obi reacts, condemns Tinubu's administration for giving approval for a special purpose vehicle to build 90,000km fibre optic cable, calls it a white elephant project and laments potential job losses in the corridors where the cable would be laid. Advises government to focus on ending poverty instead.

This I have seen.

For those insulting me that Peter Obi did not say this and laying curses on themselves, THIS IS SATIRE. I have to explain as it is clear some who are quick with insults are extremely limited in understanding.
take bitter obi you will be ok...
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by 123yes(m): 6:36pm On May 14
emkz:

This I have seen.

For those insulting me that Peter Obi did not say this and laying curses on themselves, THIS IS SATIRE. I have to explain as it is clear some who are quick with insults are extremely limited in understanding.
na so madness dee start. I pity your innocent parents for wasting their hard earned money on you.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by commoditiesnig: 6:40pm On May 14
emkz:
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Bosun Tijani, took to his twitter handle to announce that the Federal Executive Council had given approval for a special purpose vehicle to add 90,000km to Nigeria's fibre optic cable infrastructure. This is towards boosting Nigeria's internet connectivity.

Dr Bosun Tijani
Federal Minister of Communications and Digital Economy

This will be great feat when implemented.

Broadband cost need to drastically reduce.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by TenderManiac: 6:45pm On May 14
emkz:

This I have seen.

Blind follower with a hungry stomach. You just insulted Obi and everybody who would want to caution you and your poverty-generator government. Yet you think you have a better understanding than a people demanding good governance. Ride on
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Morbeta11(m): 7:20pm On May 14
To......Will.....Will.....to...Will....May....May....Will.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Kay25(m): 7:35pm On May 14
lastmessenger:
audio cable. You guys are so happy living in a fools paradise
Maybe u only live in yhe fool's garden
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Rareoil(m): 7:36pm On May 14
emkz:

1. NIPOST Properties & Development Company Limited.

2. NIPOST Transport & Services Limited; -NIPOST E- Commerce Services Limited.

3. NIPOST Financial & Digital Services Limited.

4. NIPOST Microfinance Bank Limited; -NIPOST E-Government Service.

This is according to one @OpeBee on Twitter.

May the Tinubu administration and Nigeria succeed.

Why this is good strategy, it working will depend on the partners the Nigerian government chooses.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by DMerciful(m): 7:48pm On May 14
Leave cho cho cho. Tell Tilumbu to show workings
emkz:

This I have seen.

Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by DMerciful(m): 7:49pm On May 14
Nor be by cho cho cho. Tell Tilumbu to show workings
pandoragirigory:
let wait for bitter grieving obi

Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by PHAYOL81: 9:05pm On May 14
Good
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by skj1377(m): 9:14pm On May 14
Nyamiriflathed:
I am sure you mean Peter Obi, the religious and tribal bigot.

To an illiterate, Internet penetration and fibre optics backbone is waste of money.

See your mouth like internet penetration . Your the illiterate here. Building an internet fiber optic backbone does not solve any problems or penetrate any internet. It's just a cable on the ground simple. He needs supporting equipments like microwave radio, towers , base transceiver stations as well as switching systems as well as some form of interconnectivity agreements . All this is just like building a network from scratch . Unfortunately we have Natcome( former Nitel), 9 mobile , Airtel , MTN and Glo. The last three already have fiber optic backbone infrastructure allover Nigeria and also have leased line agreement with each other as well as swap agreements. What exactly is the point of running another 90,000km fiber cable allover the country How does he hope to get his money invested on this senseless project back??. Anyways I rest my case.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by skj1377(m): 9:18pm On May 14
I forgot to add those supporting equipments are very expensive and are sold in top dollar. After purchasing them you need to install and employ people to operate them. Does he want to build a new NITEL?? Anyways government does not even have the dollars for such so good luck to him.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by SEGLIZ: 10:15pm On May 14
Some of these immediate benefits include:

1.Increasing internet penetration in Nigeria to over 70%
2.Potential reduction of the cost of access to internet by over 60%
3.Inclusion of at least 50% of the 33 million Nigerians currently excluded from access to the internet
4.Delivering up to 1.5% of GDP growth per capita raising GDP from $472.6 billion (2022) to $502 billion over the next 4 year

who truly believes that number two?
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by t2luv1: 3:06am On May 15
emkz:
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Bosun Tijani, took to his twitter handle to announce that the Federal Executive Council had given approval for a special purpose vehicle to add 90,000km to Nigeria's fibre optic cable infrastructure. This is towards boosting Nigeria's internet connectivity.

Dr Bosun Tijani

Only in Nigeria can someone utter something so stupid and people believe him. You do know that fiber cable goes underground right? to send the signal to the glass fiber you will need an emitting splicer with a light pulsation grid Partner you don't have those in Nigeria. Even in the USA only the final mile from the Point of reference on the Street to a house is fiber. From the Carrier to the Point of Reference are still copper. Only 65% of the internet traffic in the US is on fiber. Japan this is 90%. That explains why internet speed in Japan is 10 times faster than in the USA. I hate when someone just blabbers out nonsense and people don't call them out on it. Can these people just get the Electricity issue resolved first before they start dreaming of things they have no clue about?
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Tap0lane: 12:57pm On May 15
Wake me up when you n your father can accomplish 1 / trillion of Tinubu's achievement.

The debate is about Tinubu n Pandora Obi. If you want to compare btw me n you till your entire generation perish from 5he face of the Earth your father can not lace my shoe talk less of a wretch like you.

freetheking:
You're next twenty generations can't go quota of what Mr Peter Obi have achieved.
Re: Nigeria To Build Additional 90,000km Fibre Optic Cable by Konquest: 12:51pm On May 18
emkz:

Dr Bosun Tijani

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly / Happy 71st Birthday To IBB / Appeal Court Upholds David Mark's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.