Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports (12362 Views)

Joe Biden Announces 2024 Re-Election Bid / Biden Announces Historic Oil Reserve Release, To Reduce Gas Prices. / 9/11 Attack: Biden Announces The Withdrawal Of U.S Troops From Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Moniya4Real(m): 7:37pm On May 14
They have used the money to subsidize in fighting proxy wars and arming Taiwan etc.

Bluffly:
That is the way to go. Protect local manufacturers. Though they can as well start subsidising theirs to be cheaper and beat China out

2 Likes

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by LadyExcellency: 7:37pm On May 14
WrriterNg:
A dying empire on its last legs.

And who's the US biggest market?? China is.

China would retaliate I'm sure.

China is not US match in world politics. Religion is getting the worst part of you. Imagine choosing China to lead world affairs with communist ideology. The US made China what it is at present.

The projects the Chinese are doing in Africa and heaping debts to the grandchildren and African future is what the USA gives out as grants and aid.

Putin hopes for the US/Russia relationship to improve rather than putting his hope in the BRICS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Procashtips(m): 7:40pm On May 14
The world is big enough for the Chinese to sell their affordable electric cars. The US and her exploitative products have nothing on the Chinese.

Even the so called Iphone they sell so expensive, most of the parts are made in China and China produces similar phones at lower cost.

Death to capitalism!

6 Likes

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by udemzyudex(m): 7:40pm On May 14
WrriterNg:

You're poorly informed.

Chinese market is 5ร— bigger than the US market.

Top US companies make a huge chunk of their revenue from China.

Literally every US product is made in China.

Let's not even talk about China bailing out the US financially every single time.

The US needs China more than China needs it.

Read and understand, don't read to argue.

I said China biggest market is US,I'm not talking about whose market is the biggest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Procashtips(m): 7:41pm On May 14
LadyExcellency:

The projects the Chinese are doing in Africa and heaping debts to the grandchildren and African future is what the USA gives out as grants and aid.

Putin hopes for the US/Russia relationship to improve rather than putting his hope in the BRICS.

The debts we owe to the IMF for years (some older than you), can you point to one infrastructure done with the loans?

6 Likes

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Bluntemperor: 7:41pm On May 14
jiz:
"After four years of broken promises by Donald Trump, who ceded leadership in jobs of the future to China, Joe Biden's strong leadership at home and abroad is delivering for the American people," Biden campaign spokesperson James Singer said

Biden is doing everything possible to demarket trump grin grin

Your Trump with over 80- 90 indictments is having too many Gabbages and Carry overs-is not a great leader but has mouth!
During Covid-19,he was exposed as indicisive-leader,with almost halved a Million of Americans gone!
Even the Arab- Americans, knows that more trouble awaits them should Trump comes in because he promised to depot them emmass - so nowhere to stay.
Too early to talk on what will take place in American -White House !
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by udemzyudex(m): 7:44pm On May 14
This is not the first time, it happened during Trump government, China is benefiting more from US than US to China.

Trump already said he will impose more tariffs if elected.
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by oyeb15: 7:45pm On May 14
I love china
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by LadyExcellency: 7:46pm On May 14
Procashtips:

The debts we owe to the IMF for years (some older than you), can you point to one infrastructure done with the loans?
Btw, I am older than fifty years of age and can still recall we owe nobody in 1977 when we used our excess reserve for fedtac jamborees and paid workers double salaries.

IMF is Europe's Bank with Europeans at the helm of affairs.

Next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by maestro299: 7:47pm On May 14
jiz:
"After four years of broken promises by Donald Trump, who ceded leadership in jobs of the future to China, Joe Biden's strong leadership at home and abroad is delivering for the American people," Biden campaign spokesperson James Singer said[/b]

Biden is doing everything possible to demarket trump grin grin
Biden's a liar and he knows it. Trump was one U.S. president that fought China and Xi Jinping economically to the point that even the Democrats tried to put a negative spin on it. What was MAGA all about? Repatriating jobs and labor that were going to China and Central America back to the U.S!

4 Likes

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by WrriterNg: 7:48pm On May 14
udemzyudex:

Read and understand, don't read to argue.

I said China biggest market is US,I'm not talking about whose market is the biggest.

And I said the US biggest market is China.

The US imports more from China than it exports to it.

Read to understand, not reply.

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by udemzyudex(m): 7:49pm On May 14
WrriterNg:

And I said the US biggest market is China.

Read to understand, not reply.

Oga go take several seats.

1 Like

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Procashtips(m): 7:50pm On May 14
LadyExcellency:

Btw, I am older than fifty years of age and can still recall we owe nobody in 1977 when we used our excess reserve for fedtac jamborees and paid workers double salaries.

IMF is Europe's Bank with Europeans at the helm of affairs.

Next

Then you're not current.

I ask again, all the loans we took from Europe and IMF, can you point to one infrastructure we built it them?

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by jojothaiv(m): 7:51pm On May 14
Ofunaofu:
Watch BATerians claim that Biden is implementing Tinubu's idea of widening the tax net.ย 

grin grin grin
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by WrriterNg: 7:51pm On May 14
udemzyudex:

Oga go take several seats.

So tell me who needs who the most?

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by udemzyudex(m): 7:57pm On May 14
WrriterNg:

So tell me who needs who the most?

Lol

So what are we saying, I said US is China biggest market, they make more money from selling to US.

They benefit more from US than China to US that's why US is trying to increase their tariffs on China product entering the country.

This is not the first time, it already happened during Trump first term, and Trump said he will increase it again if he is re-elected.

China makes more money from selling to US.

1 Like

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by LeeSantos(m): 8:04pm On May 14
What about some US company that produces their products in China to save cost and export that to the United States.?
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by AllenSpencer: 8:06pm On May 14
Fair trade my foot! grin grin grin grin

The US and Europe can never compete in a fair market

1 Like

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by AllenSpencer: 8:07pm On May 14
LeeSantos:
What about some US company that produces their products in China to save cost and export that to the United States.?

You will have to await response from China. Itโ€™s certainly going to come.
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Dougad: 8:08pm On May 14
That's what the US does when they can't compete

4 Likes

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by LeeSantos(m): 8:08pm On May 14
AllenSpencer:

You will have to await response from China. Itโ€™s certainly going to come.

This century leaders are just empty headed
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by AllenSpencer: 8:12pm On May 14
maestro299:

Biden's a liar and he knows it. Trump was one U.S. president that fought China and Xi Jinping economically to the point that even the Democrats tried to put a negative spin on it. What was MAGA all about? Repatriating jobs and labor that were going to China and Central America back to the U.S!

Remind me please?

Where are Trumps merchandise made?

Which country did Ivanka Trump secure are trademarks?

Which country was patronizing Trump towers during Trumpโ€™s 4 year stay?

Which United States president owes a Chinese bank?
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by AllenSpencer: 8:15pm On May 14
LeeSantos:

This century leaders are just empty headed

The US knows her end has come, and why itโ€™s just trying to bully China, and every time it does, itโ€™s always a plus for China.

Look at what happened in the chips case. China now has the capacity to manufacture and innovating at a very past pace, all born out of US sanctions.

The US cannot compete, and instead of aligning with China, war they crave.
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by 11doubledee: 8:19pm On May 14
udemzyudex:

Lol

So what are we saying, I said US is China biggest market, they make more money from selling to US.

They benefit more from US than China to US that's why US is trying to increase their tariffs on China product entering the country.

This is not the first time, it already happened during Trump first term, and Trump said he will increase it again if he is re-elected.

China makes more money from selling to US.
You are very correct with your analysis in simple economic terms.
once there is a negative bias against something ,it tends to becloud ones sense of rational judgement.
the spender,depending on the size of spending directly creates steady jobs for the sellers economy.

1 Like

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Tianamen1: 8:21pm On May 14
Grandstar, please I would like to read your opinion on this news.

cc Nairalanda1. I know you mainly talk about subsidies and this is a trade/macroeconomic topic, but it is critical to Nigeria's crisis.
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Eagba(m): 8:21pm On May 14
tommy589:
grin

It won't bring back Detroit. The world is not enough for the Chinese
I think america biggest card is India in this world domination fight with China
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Robchuks77(m): 8:22pm On May 14
udemzyudex:

They'll be at the receiving end of they retaliate, they benefit more from US.
Who dey whyn u like ds?
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Blitzking: 8:24pm On May 14
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by InvertedHammer: 8:26pm On May 14
/
The level of patriotism you see in Chinese and Russian Presidents are commendable. They put their countries first. US used to be fully like that but Biden is not fully committed. Unlike some President that don't want to fix their country but run cap in hand begging for foreign investors to come and milk their country. No country begs herself to prosperity. Like they say "a beggar has no choice". Tinubu must know that if he builds, they must come. If Nigeria is prosperous, keeping foreign investors out becomes an onerous task. Investors are not blind and ignorant. They know.

/

2 Likes

Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by udemzyudex(m): 8:32pm On May 14
Robchuks77:

Who dey whyn u like ds?

OK
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Kukutente23: 8:34pm On May 14
Re: Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports by Kenyy: 8:35pm On May 14
WrriterNg:
A dying empire on it's last legs.

And who's the US biggest market?? China is.

China would retaliate I'm sure.
Mexico and Canada are America biggest Export Markets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury / Canadian Woman Arrested For Smuggling Cocaine With Fake Baby Bump / Bronx-raised Cardi B Offers To Pay Fire Victim Burial Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.