Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push (6763 Views)

₦‎20 Trillion Pension Fund Safe – Wale Edun / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos State Has Capacity For ₦‎20 Trillion Debt / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by ivandragon: 6:30am On May 15
Lol. They now want to steal the future. Ok.
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by 2mch(m): 6:33am On May 15
This is very crazy I must admit. Please work with the tax you are collecting and leave people’s pension alone.

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by rejoice4eva(m): 6:37am On May 15
Unfortunately, some wicked people will still Support this wickedness for their selfish aggrandizement.
You can't support a morally deficient person to be in power and you and your money will be safe.
A thief will always steal
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by ivandragon: 6:38am On May 15
stepaside1:
This is a good move irrespective of the expected cynism and distrust of govt's intention in using pension funds to achieve it.

A question to govt is what is happening to the N20trillion infrastructure fund floated some time ago? Wale Edun should strive to always present a simple end to end comprehensive fiscal plan so we see how each element relates to the other.

People's distrust is justified until govt can gain their trust. Lots of it is in how this is communicated and people carried along. The same cynism about the phantom claim that govt is dipping hands into domiciliary accounts to 'steal' depositors hard earned forex. Nothing can be further from the truth but patient education and communication will help massively. Onwards forever.

The Contributory Pension Fund Scheme came about because of the corruption in the government. Government spent the money recklessly and when people retired, they couldn't access their funds or were shortpaid.

I know people who retired between 2002-2008 (CPS started in 2004) who till today did not get their full gratuity and pensions despite working 35 years for government with no blemish.

So, why would you think that the government spending pension funds is a good move? Same government that couldn't manage it in the first place...

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Appliedmaths(m): 6:41am On May 15
stepaside1:
This is a good move irrespective of the expected cynism and distrust of govt's intention in using pension funds to achieve it.

A question to govt is what is happening to the N20trillion infrastructure fund floated some time ago? Wale Edun should strive to always present a simple end to end comprehensive fiscal plan so we see how each element relates to the other.

People's distrust is justified until govt can gain their trust. Lots of it is in how this is communicated and people carried along. The same cynism about the phantom claim that govt is dipping hands into domiciliary accounts to 'steal' depositors hard earned forex. Nothing can be further from the truth but patient education and communication will help massively. Onwards forever.

E sure me say you no get pension.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Powersurge: 6:45am On May 15
Ofunaofu:
As Cybersecurity Levy didn't work, Tinubu wants to dip his hands into people's pension fund contributions because he wants to finance his coastal highway of fraud. A fraudulent highway connecting Bourdillon with Lebanon.

Tinubu's pension is paid directly from the coffers of the Lagos State Treasury; he never contributed to any PFA, but now he wants to take other people's pension fund contributions to finance their fraudulent projects. 

Tinubu should be warned; people's pension fund contributions shouldn't be touched before we begin to hear another Abdulrasheed Maina pension fund embezzlement story. 

The coastal highway is highly necessary and useful.

Where he will get the money na you and him get the problem.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Edusouls(m): 6:47am On May 15
Make dem bring buhari back ooo, chai this tinubu get serious k- leg , una never see something
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by tnerro1(m): 6:50am On May 15
Do they have the legal authority to spend pension funds?

Leave people’s pensions alone ooo, you couldn’t take care of them while they were in service, now the little money they saved for retirement, you want to come and spend it on your white elephant projects.
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Blaze14k: 6:54am On May 15
Powersurge:

You still have the guts to talk.. well a project that will be finished next 5yrs what do I know
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by just2endowed: 6:56am On May 15
LadyExcellency:

They shouldn't dare touch my hard earn contributory pension fund.

It's wast for government to pay debt denominated in naira because govt can pay than borrowing dollar
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Bluntemperor: 7:01am On May 15
hoilhuzshi:
Another stealing Avenue as usual.

NO- To The Using of Pensioners Money:
-Pensioners are deadly against this Motives by govt!
-Why is it that government can't source their Funds elsewhere?
- Buhari was tying to do something like this but the Noise from the Nigerian Pensioners were too loud and the former President had to abandoned the moves!
• While the Executives ( Federal) and States) see the Money as Idle,while the Pensioners are paid - Paltry and Slave- money -as Montly Peanuts!
-If indeed the PENCOM is saving the money,is it for the government to come and used it,and Steal it,as they do to many Projects in Nigeria?
• why is it that up till now- Palliatives in NBILLIONS are handed to the Governors,yet tha Masses are not feeling it or better than Pre- Subsidies era of 2023!
- why should you now wants to use the Pensioners Fund- when no one Saves in the Govt- for their Projects?
PENCOM too is a Fraud- deducting on Montly but are busy in Abuja,with other motives,while hiding under the Notorious Act,for not Increasing the Retirees Pensioners Payments, even when the Courts had granted that Pensioners should have more % of their Money given to them.
Awon OLE Nla ( the Big Thieves Institution)!
- How much have the govt saved since the so called Removal of Subsidies- that they can't used it for their Projects? Why the Pensioners Money?
-Why Most Pensioners don't have above 45k and Millions of them even less,yet All :
-the Executives ( Senators+ House of Reps), s
-the Governors,
-the Ministers,etc , have increased Palliatives but are not ready to SAVE MONEY-from their end to execute their Projects,
•as many Pensioners - can't eat good food, can't get Drugs for ailments - to take care of their Health, and
-No Savings because of POOR PAY- by PENCOM!
• This is a Political Moves by this Govt - as Politicians have Stolen more than the Pensioners,for if the Pensions Contributed over Decades - can be easily -hijacked by the Present Govt- when Politicians are Stealing continuously,what is the assurances that this BUILT Up Funds -will not go same.
-e g what happened in Poverty Alleviation Ministry is an eyesores,
similarly,the governors.e .g one governor is being accused of over -----N80Billions-just because of Serving the State for 8-years!
-NO for this move on using Pensioners Fund,rather,the Govt- should -Pay Back All the Pensioners their deducted-Money.
I blame former President Obasanjo for Introducing the Pensions -Scheme that has made Nigerians Poorer - for who says Nigerians can't save their Money?
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by zuxstine: 7:04am On May 15
Why can't they use the moneyto pay retirees that they are owing

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Diligence: 7:09am On May 15
At this rate, lawmakers should do something about the Pension Act & let pensioners hv their funds paid in bulk.

Not comfortable with Buhari, & (NOW) Tinubu dipping their hands in the sweat & blood of hard working Nigerians despite their much hyped IGR, revenue ramp up, fuel subsidy savings running in trillions, customs trillion revenue, multi taxation policies! The lawmakers beta modify the Pension Act or people myt find ways of accessing their Pension funds in bulk!

With the precedent set in Lagos & the indebtedness Lagos is associated with, na so so money una go dey here, but it won't reflect in the standard of living of the people.

How can APC justify coming into power & rendering Millions of Nigerians poorer, dejected, frustrated & abandoned while stealing their commonwealth?
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by WorldRichest: 7:12am On May 15
LadyExcellency:

They shouldn't dare touch my hard earn contributory pension fund.

I don collect 25% from my own. Anybody wey loot the balance, na Ogun go kee him while family in Xmas day
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Idaytesj29(m): 7:19am On May 15
Ofunaofu:
As Cybersecurity Levy didn't work, Tinubu wants to dip his hands into people's pension fund contributions because he wants to finance his coastal highway of fraud. A fraudulent highway connecting Bourdillon with Lebanon.

Tinubu's pension is paid directly from the coffers of the Lagos State Treasury; he never contributed to any PFA, but now he wants to take other people's pension fund contributions to finance their fraudulent projects. 

Tinubu should be warned; people's pension fund contributions shouldn't be touched before we begin to hear another Abdulrasheed Maina pension fund embezzlement story. 

Well-done conspiracy theorist. Everything is negative.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Ofunaofu: 7:22am On May 15
Idaytesj29:

Do you have funds with a PFA

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Gbogbowa: 7:35am On May 15
Nigeria must not allow this to happen we must all stand against it

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by CheapHomes1: 7:41am On May 15
Powersurge:

how is the coastal highway highly necessary and useful?
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by CheapHomes1: 7:41am On May 15
Idaytesj29:

pls tell us the positive things...
can you dispute anything he said?
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Jpblessed(m): 8:02am On May 15
Criminals in power
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by michoim(m): 8:23am On May 15
Ofunaofu:

Very correct. It's a satanic government looking for to destroy, kill and steal people hard earned money...
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:26am On May 15
CodeTemplar:
Any calamitous move they want to make, they make it sound normal and so casual. Borrowing from the savings of the young and middle aged workers to fund an unproductive system will be one of the final stroke if not the final stroke. All the useless infrastructure they have built, how many can repay a quarter of their cost?
Nonsense!

They want to help Hitech raise the 24 trillion naira

They don't fool anybody but themselves

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Lavor234: 8:35am On May 15
Kleptomanics please do not touch pension funds. This government are crooks

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by MarketDispatch: 9:01am On May 15
Bobloco:

https://leadership.ng/federal-govt-deploys-n20trn-pension-funds-in-infrastructure-investment-push/

CC seun Mynd44 Nlfpmod fergie001

This is what Nigeria Labour Congress should protest against.

After working and retiring, .then there is no money for retirement...

Government should not touch our retirement money please.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Everlastingson: 9:14am On May 15
Bobloco:

https://leadership.ng/federal-govt-deploys-n20trn-pension-funds-in-infrastructure-investment-push/

Whatever you're doing Tinubu, don't touch my money. Buhari tried to do this and was resisted. Now this poverty - inducer is trying to go further to steal people's pension fund. You're scanvenging for fund for your Coastal Highway of Fraud. Now those who say the highway is good idea at this point in time should finance the white elephant project for Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by ajimo54(m): 10:08am On May 15
Ofunaofu:

Baba rest. Pension asset only exists on papers! The money is in various investments that cannot be recalled! Dont u have your own Alert every month from your PFA? So who will come to your account to touch ur money?
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Powersurge: 10:23am On May 15
CheapHomes1:

how is the coastal highway highly necessary and useful?

It is.

But this is not a discussion for online. I don't have the time.

I know for example that it will change the life and the economy of my people in the coastal areas. But that is a talk for another day. I can write a whole article on its national impact.

Whether the current govt has the brain to make maximum use of it is the challenge between you and Tinubu ( that one no concern me)
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by CheapHomes1: 10:32am On May 15
Powersurge:

It is.

But this is not a discussion for online. I don't have the time.

I know for example that it will change the life and the economy of my people in the coastal areas. But that is a talk for another day. I can write a whole article on its national impact.

Whether the current govt has the brain to make maximum use of it is the challenge between you and Tinubu ( that one no concern me)

my question goes thus: how is the coastal highway highly necessary and useful? what has "it is" got to do with question? I dont remember asking your for a whole article.

how will the road change the life and economy of your people in the coastal areas? who are your people?
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by lagosrd: 11:17am On May 15
Bobloco:

That is the end of pencom. All pension funds now again.. Lord help us in this country

1 Like

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by youngrichnigga: 11:49am On May 15
I knew they had an eye on that money from the get go, this needs to be challenged in court by the lawyers.....it's a sacrosanct fund that shouldn't be touched to sustain the profligacies of the system and politicians angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Billionairly: 12:31pm On May 15
Atleast 90 percent of that money will be stolen, and these are peoples contributions for decades. If they touch it they will use to pretend to build another useless white elephant project that has no benefit to nigeris and steal 90 percent of the money, like they are doing with the lagos calabar highway.

Nigerian workers, your retirement is about to be used for flexxing by theiving nigerian politicians and their children
Re: FG Deploys ₦‎20 Trillion Pension Funds In Infrastructure Investment Push by Charly68: 1:01pm On May 15
With the way things are moving ,how many people can trust the Govt with their funds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims / APC VS PDP Battle Of The Hips ukwu: SEE The 32 Finalist For The 2015 Miss UKWU!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.