Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians (12998 Views)

World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG / $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by OredoPikin: 5:08pm On May 15
fitinwell:

What will now happen to those who purchase there own meter with there money?
If you ask meeeeee, na who i go ask?
😁😁
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Reloadedisraelp: 5:08pm On May 15
WinkWrld:
Can't our Engineers make the meters here in Nigeria. 500million dollars can set up a meter manufacturing company
SCAM
.... Nigerians engineer can produce dat at a very cheap rate with soild materials.... Fela don talk am b4....

De ting wey black no good
Na foreign things them dey like
No be so? (He be so!)

Dem go turn air condition
And close Dem country away
No be so? (He be so!)

Them Judge him go kack wig
And jail him brothers away
No be so? (He be so!)

Dem go proud of dem name
And put dem slave name for head
No be so? (He be so!)

Colo-mentality now make you hear me now
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by AbuAeesha: 5:11pm On May 15
metering Nigerians abi milking Nigeria
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Blaze14k: 5:11pm On May 15
LegendHero:

Which of the money spent? If the records are online, I can give it.

Also the government is too big and constitute people of varying kleptomaniac tendencies. So you can’t expect them to be all pure, it’s impossible.

Some will definitely steal and no messiah can stop the average Nigerian man from stealing funds even at private companies let alone government.

But if they can at least complete 90% of the goal to be achieved, that is fine by me.

But in United States all the expenses made by the government is available. See one thing that is killing an average Nigerian is ignorance. Some of our African brothers are shocked the way we let things slide. The worse part is when people speak up you find a way to make it a tribal war or my president between your candidate. This is absolutely wrong and these people don see us finish cos all of us will fold our hands and watch as they loot as much as they can.

This is the threshold the government is watching us now to see our next move and after that there will be another public out cry and tribal wars continue. I'm sorry to say but Nigerians are no collectively smart we are simply deceiving ourselves
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by LegendHero(m): 5:11pm On May 15
CodeTemplar:
Is MTN Glo or Airtel meeting govt for loans to produce SIM cards? Why buy metre for a private company. They make it sound like metre is such a big thing.

Electricity in Nigeria is not wholly private.

If subsidizing the industry by FG mean people will have access to meter, then I welcome the decision.

Electricity and metering is damn expensive. When they increased the tariff of band A people, no be us dey complain about too much cost?

How many poor Nigerians can afford meters if private agency are the one purchasing it to sell? Think about it nao
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by LegendHero(m): 5:17pm On May 15
Blaze14k:

But in United States all the expenses made by the government is available. See one thing that is killing an average Nigerian is ignorance. Some of our African brothers are shocked the way we let things slide. The worse part is when people speak up you find a way to make it a tribal war or my president between your candidate. This is absolutely wrong and these people don see us finish cos all of us will fold our hands and watch as they loot as much as they can.

This is the threshold the government is watching us now to see our next move and after that there will be another public out cry and battle tribal wars continue. I'm sorry to say but Nigerians are no collectively smart we are simply deceiving ourselves

Back in the 60s, Nigeria used to keep record of government spending and there is much transparency but over the years, it got opaque and no one even know what’s up with government spending.

I agree with you that government need to find a way to publicize this spending and be accountable for how each naira got spent. That will even help the president himself.

However, you have to understand Nigeria. That a book account says 500k is spent on buying books does not imply that it was actually spent. People change books anyhow and we should work based on our own realities and stop having too much expectation as we would have abroad.

If they put you today to an agency where you can easily write 1bn off, it will take grace of God for you to not be tempted.

Nigeria only need one thing, rule of law and setting examples. Most of the things we ask already exists, it’s just that there is no enforcement of law.
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 5:19pm On May 15
LegendHero:

Electricity in Nigeria is not wholly private.

If subsidizing the industry by FG mean people will have access to meter, then I welcome the decision.

Electricity and metering is damn expensive. When they increased the tariff of band A people, no be us dey complain about too much cost?

How many poor Nigerians can afford meters if private agency are the one purchasing it to sell? Think about it nao
the private arm is responsible for that.

Do you think we have 92 million households? Think it well o. That's 2.2 persons average per meter-able household. Even if all self-contain apartments have metre, itcant reach 5 million. Never.

This is a loan to cover fiscal cracks and not one useless metering.
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by HIPROFILE(m): 5:19pm On May 15
Offpoint1:
grin Only 30% will be use for the purpose, the rest goes to` grin grin

If APC still wins Next Election...Then some Nigerians are irredeemable till thy kingdom come.

My brother no worry yourself they will win next election…This is Nigeria and Nigerians not America and Americans.
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by LegendHero(m): 5:22pm On May 15
CodeTemplar:
the private arm is responsible for that.

Do you think we have 92 million households? Think it well o. That's 2.2 persons average per meter-able household. Even if all self-contain apartments have metre, itcant reach 5 million. Never.

This is a loan to cover fiscal cracks and not one useless metering.

I don’t care if there are 1 trillion or just 50 households. They should just get everywhere metered so people won’t die from this estimated billing.

Even if it is private, nothing stop government from intervention because many Nigerians can’t afford the true cost of those meters if private agencies were to sell them.

For the money budgeted, people need to follow up to make sure it is used for intended purpose. That is the only issue and not the actual intent.
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 5:26pm On May 15
LegendHero:

I don’t care if there are 1 trillion or just 50 households. They should just get everywhere metered so people won’t die from this estimated billing.

Even if it is private, nothing stop government from intervention because many Nigerians can’t afford the true cost of those meters if private agencies were to sell them.

For the money budgeted, people need to follow up to make sure it is used for intended purpose. That is the only issue and not the actual intent.
BMC job is a shameless one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by theamazonguru(m): 5:26pm On May 15
Offpoint1:

If APC still wins Next Election...Then some Nigerians are irredeemable till thy kingdom come.

Don't tell me you are thinking the remaining 70% will go to a town hall different from Bulaba?

No na.

It can't be.

We are pushing a renewed hope agenda and on that mandate we stand gidigba.
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Goodman247: 5:28pm On May 15
Corrupt country that cannot boast of anything good
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by osasu22: 5:30pm On May 15
Why not channel the $500M to generate stable electricity for the nation shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by yemmywesey(m): 5:37pm On May 15
Why can't they allocate it in naira
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Yadiri1: 5:38pm On May 15
How people still support and defend this criminal government is still what baffles me

I live close to one of the supporters who is also a nairalander. He lives in abject poverty. He accepts that everything about him is going bad but don't speak bad about APC and Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by okoloto: 5:42pm On May 15
grin naija we hail thee. All the loans collected by buhari for metering Nigerians, where did it go? The circle continues

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by cattylove7(f): 5:47pm On May 15
a country that runs on borrowed economy everyday loan,loan shior www.cattylove.com
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by LiveWire85: 5:50pm On May 15
The will rush to approved stuffs like this ,but when it comes to minimum wage they will be running like nkpulu amu
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:57pm On May 15
Does this mean the meter will be provided free? I don't really understand
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by gabbasin(m): 5:58pm On May 15
WinkWrld:
Can't our Engineers make the meters here in Nigeria. 500million dollars can set up a meter manufacturing company
SCAM
we already have meter manufacturing companies in Nigeria and they will be beneficiaries of the contract to supply the meters
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:58pm On May 15
Mitsurugi:
undecided So we can't even build that?

I used to think there's a company that produces meter along Owerri-Umuahia expressway

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:10pm On May 15
Hmmm.....$500 million dollars?

Which statistics did they use to know this amount will handle the metering

Oooh .....I forgot , Tinubu said......" Na statistics we go chop"...

Funny Government, you can't build your house with substandard materials and think it won't collapse when the rain and tides come ...

Check my signature for details .....

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Yankee101: 6:12pm On May 15
Scam
Nigeria has EMCON in zaria for producing meters
Why not increase capacity instead of looking for excuses to borrow and steal USD
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 6:21pm On May 15
This is another Loan,for this Project!
So,what happens to all the Budgets and Loans before now?
Corruption has finished DISCOS and the entire Power - Ministry.
Anyway,don't expect anything here the Loan is in Foreign Currencies!
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Galinton(m): 6:30pm On May 15
Ogbodavies:
where the savings from fuel subsidy removal
that was what i was asking one die-heart apc supporter yesterday
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by HugoBoss10(m): 6:37pm On May 15
Embezzlement galore for the senate cool
If you know you know grin
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Freebills12: 6:39pm On May 15
This is not what Nigerians need now! People are suffering and you are $500 million for metering the country. What sort of government is this Tinibu led APC?
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by owunabastard: 7:02pm On May 15
Offpoint1:

did they win? election in Nigeria is just selection
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:20pm On May 15
Offpoint1:

NEPA will give you meter for free? Na lie. It won't happen. I bought meter last year #89,000 5years after I requested for free meter but never delivered until I pay for it
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by Badgers14: 7:42pm On May 15
Why don't they improve the power infrastructures first?
Re: Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians by DaRuud(m): 7:43pm On May 15
nlfpmod:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/just-in-senate-approves-500m-loan-for-metering-nigerians/

Mark this message, the meter won't reach anywhere , the money will be siphoned and ' NEPA' will still sell the .meters at exorbitant prices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Fayose, Others Made Me PDP Chairman – Modu Sheriff / States Groan Under Debt Bondage / Atiku Abubakar's Chatham House Full Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.