Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim (1298 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do / High Rate Of Child Abuse, Should One Parent Stay Home With The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 23, 2011
Hi My name is Rose, I'm a final year student of Convenant university and i'm a muslim, my parent want me to marry a muslim and am currently dating a christian, they even warned me recently when I went home for this Ileya break and I don't know what to do. I used to date a guy who is in the UK now, his name is Femi, Femi is a muslim and claims to love me but he's been in the UK for 3yrs since I was in my 100l, we even had to break up because of this and now he's asking me back, he's a muslim but he's not saying anything about when he's coming back home, I love Femi but I cant just tell him I've agreed to come back and go on cheating on him sleeping with someone else but he's also not telling me if he's coming home soon. I'm not having any problem leaving my current boyfriend because I told him I'm a muslim and we might not end up together because of that and now that my parents have just reminded me of it, I told him again and he said I should just decide and he'd support whatever my decision is. The problem am facing right now is that I don't know if I should go back to Femi or I should just move on because I don't know if i can cope with long distance relationship. Do you I should leave my current boyfriend knowing very well that he loves me and I love him, or I should just ignore what my parents are saying and move on with him or I should go back to Femi who is in the UK or I should just wait for someone to come into my life who is going to be a muslim? I need answers please
Note: Names and school are fictional but the story is real
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by omega25red(m): 1:01am On Nov 23, 2011
first thing you need to change the gender of your profile because im wondering if you and femi are gay.

if you know you wont marry the xtian guy you probably should let him know now so he can decide if he still wants to be with you
Anyway, you obviously feel the need to heed your parents warnings so i say if femi wants you back make him prove it by coming to meet your parents or something like that. or better yet do you think femi is the right guy for you?

aren't there any other muslim guys who you can start fresh with in your area?
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 23, 2011
I'm writing this on someone's behalf and she tells me everything. Her boyfriend knows about this already and she's in a Christian school, so finding a Muslim is even harder,
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by omega25red(m): 1:17am On Nov 23, 2011
does she go to mosque? is it must for her to date while in school? and how does she know the guy in school right now would want to marry her anyway?
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Relavenue: 4:01am On Nov 23, 2011
The choice of who to marry is a crucial one and the influence of religion cannot and should not be down played. The reason, in my opinion, is not just for the well being of the parties to the relationship (in this case, you and your spouse), but also about the future of the children that may be coming into the relationship down the road. How do you raise children (especially these days) with no clear cut agreement on their belief? This writer is a Christian but has an aunt who married a moslem and they have no problem as far I can see. It used to be automatic that the woman and the children would follow the man's religion, warts and all. But this is not the case anymore. A lot has changed that is giving cause for re-visiting this issue.

Therefore, if you, being the woman, are not willing to change your religion, and it is that important to you, please wait until you can meet a fellow moslem that you love. You necessarily do not have to put your life on hold for a man that is in the Diaspora and not even sure what he wants with you. Keep your eyes open and interact. Something is bound to come up soon. Keep smiling.
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 23, 2011
Are you still in your 100L class?
or are you just typing like a 100L student because you're online?
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 23, 2011
@Idi Ileke, I wrote final years student and was in 100L 3yrs ago, read careful. For the rest, thanks and keep it coming
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by kelz88(f): 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
How old is this chick?

Na wa ooohhhhhhhhh!
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Olowojegure: 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2011
A muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non muslim in Islam. I totally agree with this because the way of life of a muslim is different from a non muslim. Your parent are going to be questioned by God about you, so also you will also be questioned by God about your own children too. So listen to your parent and humbly direct all your prayers to Allah, Allah is Ya Semeeu (The hearer)
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by mutter(f): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2011
We make so many mistakes when we are young!!!
How can you consider marrying Femi and be dating someone else.
I just do not want to condemn you but to advise you to be disciplined with your body and your interaction with men. Choosing a husband is a very serious issue.
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by tpia5: 10:36am On Nov 24, 2011
your parents want you to marry a muslim.

but you're dating a christian.

well, the choice is yours, really.
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2011
mutter:

We make so many mistakes when we are young!!!
How can you consider marrying Femi and be dating someone else.
I just do not want to condemn you but to advise you to be disciplined with your body and your interaction with men. Choosing a husband is a very serious issue.

Ouch!
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Gboliwe: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
Gbyte:

Hi My name is Rose, I'm a final year student of Convenant university
You cant possibly be a final year student and still dont know how to spell C O V E N A N T. Learn to represent your school positively. It doesnt have an 'n' before the 'V'
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Vicjustice: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2011
Gbyte:

Hi My name is Rose, I'm a final year student of Convenant university and i'm a muslim, my parent want me to marry a muslim and am currently dating a christian, they even warned me recently when I went home for this Ileya break and I don't know what to do. I used to date a guy who is in the UK now, his name is Femi, Femi is a muslim and claims to love me but he's been in the UK for 3yrs since I was in my 100l, we even had to break up because of this and now he's asking me back, he's a muslim but he's not saying anything about when he's coming back home, I love Femi but I cant just tell him I've agreed to come back and go on cheating on him sleeping with someone else but he's also not telling me if he's coming home soon. I'm not having any problem leaving my current boyfriend because I told him I'm a muslim and we might not end up together because of that and now that my parents have just reminded me of it, I told him again and he said I should just decide and he'd support whatever my decision is. The problem am facing right now is that I don't know if I should go back to Femi or I should just move on because I don't know if i can cope with long distance relationship. Do you I should leave my current boyfriend knowing very well that he  loves me and I love him, or I should just ignore what my parents are saying and move on with him or I should go back to Femi who is in the UK or I should just wait for someone to come into my life who is going to be a muslim? I need answers please
Note: Names and school are fictional but the story is real

I do respect my parents and often seek their opinions and concents in many matters, but i think when it comes to chhosing a life partner, they should hold their peace, because, it's not their life, but mine; and i'm glad my parents understood this long ago even without anyone telling them
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Enoquin(f): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
Stop the contradictions. If you say or rather she says that she and her christian boyfriend understands the fact that the relationship is going nowhere then why is the "Should I leave my current boyfriend knowing that we love each other" coming into play? And is Femi the only Muslim on earth? Does he even feel anything for her, knowing that marriage is a life time deal, ?
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
Gboliwe:

You cant possibly be a final year student and still dont know how to spell C O V E N A N T. Learn to represent your school positively. It doesnt have an 'n' before the 'V'
What point are you trying to make here ? I really don't understand. the point here is getting married and you are busy checking out mistakes when you could have made a valuable contribution. I guess you were blind to see where I wrote that Names and schools are fictional, How would you even see that when what you are looking out for is mistake. Grow up and remember poster is not the person in question, he wrote this on a person's behalf.
Enoquin:

Stop the contradictions. If you say or rather she says that she and her christian boyfriend understands the fact that the relationship is going nowhere then why is the coming into play? And is Femi the only Muslim on earth? Does he even feel anything for her, knowing that marriage is a life time deal, ?
My bad regarding "Should I leave my current boyfriend knowing that we love each other", Femi is not the only Muslim guy on earth but its hard finding one when you are in a Christian school and Femi is not even in the country, he's been out of the country for years nw but keeps calling and chatting talking about getting married but not making any move regarding coming home,perhaps he's making move but not telling me.
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by Vicjustice: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2011
Gboliwe:

No one can boast of knowing all spellings, not even a professor in the English language, therefore, misspelling is not supposed to be something to judge a person on especially when the error is such a microscopic one
Re: Parent Told Me To Come Home With A Musilim by tpia5: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
Sounds like your heart is with femi @ op.

However imo they say a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

If femi doesnt have a definite date in the near future for coming home and/or he doesnt have papers and so cant come home, then i think you should both date people who are available in your vicinity.

As per your current boyfriend who is a christian, well its up to you.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Serious! / How Can Anyone Claim He Or She Is Better? Mcheeewww! / Pls, Let's Pray For The Mother Of One Of Our Finest Nl's Writers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.