Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

This Is Serious! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is Serious! (1299 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Serious! by babiyo: 11:44am On May 09, 2012
This is quite serious o and i need comments, contibutions, advice, observation etc.I am in my late 20s and getting married with a guy i love though with some flaws in few months time. Before accepting his proposals, no body came, i was single and wanted to get married. when this guy came along,i knew he loved me and he still do and i accepted his proposal and we are planning to get married, but the issue here now is that all when most of my male friends heard i was getting married, they all kept saying `Oh, i was about asking you out'. and i know they are quite serious, some have even stopped talking to me in the name of `i broke their heart' and that they were just waiting for a right time to ask. (though i really wished some of them had proposed earlier sha). but now my mind is made up and am setling down with my fiancee pretty soon. am happy with him but at times this crazy thoughts of -if i had waited, i would have had something better comes to my mind. pls, should i have still really waited, was i too in a haste? anyway, its quite too late now cos my mind is made up but at times guys can be funny sha.
Re: This Is Serious! by Dyt(f): 12:13pm On May 09, 2012
do u know wat u rili want?
Re: This Is Serious! by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 09, 2012
Babeyo, Once these guys know you are getting married...They all surfaced. I tell you, even if you had waited, they wont come close not to talk of proposing.

Your fiance loves you but i dont think you really love him considering you are even asking questions about you waiting longer.

You know what? Break up with your fiance and go with who ever your mind tells you, by the time you are 40+ you will come back here crying about ...you know what

1 Like

Re: This Is Serious! by Smilenw(f): 12:30pm On May 09, 2012
My dear, its only human to assume that grass is greener on the other side. Nobody is perfect and you say your HTB has some flaws. I'm sure you'd be having some flaws too (all of us do). Hope these thoughts haven't stemmed from the knowledge that you have a few guys on your 'waiting list'. You were single and available to your prospective suitors all these while and yet they chose to wait for the 'right time'. Chances are that the 'right time' would've never happened. I can bet my last penny on the fact that none of them would come forward to ask you out if you were to call off your wedding right now. I'd say forget those 'losers' who never took their chance and enjoy your life with your man.

A word of caution : Maybe you should keep your guy in the loop. You don't want some random guy telling him in future that his wife 'broke his heart'. I'm sure he won't be too pleased with the idea of having a serial 'heart breaker' for a wife wink

1 Like

Re: This Is Serious! by taryour(f): 12:38pm On May 09, 2012
Vikin: Babeyo, Once these guys know you are getting married...They all surfaced. I tell you, even if you had waited, they wont come close not to talk of proposing.

Your fiance loves you but i dont think you really love him considering you are even asking questions about you waiting longer.

You know what? Break up with your fiance and go with who ever your mind tells you, by the time you are 40+ you will come back here crying about ...you know what

u av said it all.

@op nawa for u oo,do u even kno wot u wnt at all?do u realy love dos guy? To me u dont love him at all and u aint ready for marriage. U only accepted his propasal cos of ur age and probably u got pressure on u to bring a man home. U better free dat guy and let him get someone who would truly love him.
Re: This Is Serious! by tasandra: 2:42pm On May 09, 2012
Op,are u sure of what u are abt doin just askin sha...
Re: This Is Serious! by Daovris: 3:07pm On May 09, 2012
All things are difficult before they are easy.
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/iPad.gif[/img]
Re: This Is Serious! by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 09, 2012
There is reallly no need for insults to the OP. Her situation is not novel, in fact it is too common. My only question is that if your mind is made up already why this thread. Hopefully your mind is not made up and we can stop you from making the potentially biggest mistake of your life. Irrespective of having other suitors or not you need to answer to yourself whether you are willing to sacrifice your lifelong happiness and marital bliss just to be married. If you are having doubts about ur guy now believe me they will be amplified a hundred times once married and the inevitable challenges of marriage come rolling in. It is better to go through those challenges with the person you really believe you want to spend the rest of your life with, trust me.

Ths is not to say the marriage will definitely not last eventually but it is guaranteed to be rough because you are marrying for the wrong reason. You don't love and /or respect your fiance. It might be in both your best interests to free him.
Re: This Is Serious! by odeexpress(m): 6:16pm On May 09, 2012
OP. You are not alone. Several people find themselves in such circumstances. Don't mind all these guys coming around now. They are time wasters and road blocks to your happiness. As it sounds, I guess your current fiancee loves you more than you love him. I hope you didn't accept him because there were no suitors when he came? In all, your conclusion to continue with him is the best option. Just love him and forget about the other guys. Best of Luck!
Re: This Is Serious! by gemstone22(f): 7:34pm On May 09, 2012
@OP I do not think you are ready to get married. You see,when you meet the one you truly love and really want to spend the rest of ur life with,nobody else will matter. He or she might not be the most handsome or most beautiful, they might not have money,they might not be classy or exposed but they are who you want to be with. Marriage is a lifetime experience unless you want it to be a vacation away from home, you need to know what you are doing before you jump the broom. If you are comparing other guys with ur guy then you are not really into him. What is marriage if you are unhappy?like my mama dey talk 'marriage no be teeth o"
babiyo: This is quite serious o and i need comments, contibutions, advice, observation etc.I am in my late 20s and getting married with a guy i love though with some flaws in few months time. Before accepting his proposals, no body came, i was single and wanted to get married. when this guy came along,i knew he loved me and he still do and i accepted his proposal and we are planning to get married, but the issue here now is that all when most of my male friends heard i was getting married, they all kept saying `Oh, i was about asking you out'. and i know they are quite serious, some have even stopped talking to me in the name of `i broke their heart' and that they were just waiting for a right time to ask. (though i really wished some of them had proposed earlier sha). but now my mind is made up and am setling down with my fiancee pretty soon. am happy with him but at times this crazy thoughts of -if i had waited, i would have had something better comes to my mind. pls, should i have still really waited, was i too in a haste? anyway, its quite too late now cos my mind is made up but at times guys can be funny sha.
Re: This Is Serious! by tpia5: 9:40pm On May 09, 2012
mr babaiyo

am setling down with my fiancee pretty soon. am happy with him but at times this crazy thoughts of -if i had waited, i would have had something better comes to my mind. pls, should i have still really waited, was i too in a haste? anyway, its quite too late now cos my mind is made up but at times guys can be funny sha.

there's a man shortage sweetie.

didnt you read the news today.

(1) (Reply)

I Lost Everything / How To Help Your Kids Do Well In Maths In This Incoming Session / what's the best way for a Child to save his mother from abusive father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.