Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:29 PM

Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar (10874 Views)

Abubakar Umar: Classmate Testifies Against Kebbi Deputy Governor At Tribunal / Kuje Jailbreak: 69 Persons Wanted By Nigerian Correctional Service (Photos) / Abubakar Umar To FG: Forget Census, Secure Nigeria First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:51am On May 16
Ebimpawa oooo
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Gmajor(m): 7:52am On May 16
G
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by daygee12: 7:54am On May 16
bennybuhari:
What is this mugu saying?
"the said hotel was built in 2021 “And it is exclusively owned by the Correctional Cooperative Society COCOS), a Cooperative Society for all personnel of the Service which was formed in the year 1996”.

He is not a mugu , as u have rightly said that its own by cooperative society so he is right

1 Like

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Crowntop94: 7:56am On May 16
bennybuhari:
"the said hotel was built in 2021 “And it is exclusively owned by the Correctional Cooperative Society COCOS), a Cooperative Society for all personnel of the Service which was formed in the year 1996”.
Read what he said very well before you judge him.

1 Like

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by AngelicBeing: 8:01am On May 16
GboyegaD:
I understand cooperatives break bulk and also save but how are they able to make so much to build a gigantic hotel in Abuja? What I want to understand is how they financed the project.
Financing the property is from Egunje grin
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by symbianDON(m): 8:02am On May 16
bennybuhari:
what is he saying abi what are you saying??

4 Likes

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by henrybomb(m): 8:04am On May 16
divinf124:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 32 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 16 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complication of high sugar level and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcxhxB_gp4w
please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. one of the document below is my hospital file not a receipt. thanks and remain blessed

Can you do a live video because I have been seeing this for a while?
Send live pictures too
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by symbianDON(m): 8:06am On May 16
GboyegaD:
I understand cooperatives break bulk and also save but how are they able to make so much to build a gigantic hotel in Abuja? What I want to understand is how they financed the project.
there's a lot of money to be made in hospitality business in Abuja. A hotel of that magnitude will bring in a lot of money for the cooperative society. As such, the cooperative could easily have sourced financing of the project via external funding from eg bank loans etc.

2 Likes

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by symbianDON(m): 8:07am On May 16
henrybomb:

Can you do a live video because I have been seeing this for a while?
Send live pictures too
the guy is a scammer. He has used these exact pictures for years. Don't bother with him.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by superCleanworks(m): 8:08am On May 16
Exousiang01:
Nigerians are too daft to understand that.

This brings me to ask the question: "What do Nigerians do at school?"
I mean you can see the millions of Nigerians who dont understand what a "co-operative society" is...
Many of these people are graduates.
Co-operative society if i remember clearly is a sub-topic somewhere in Primary school.

Is this how uneducated Nigerian graduates are?
This is shameful.

That a statement has to be released to help Nigerians understand "co-operative society"
Things like this makes me ashamed to be called a Nigerian....

I mean look at the 100s here and 1000s on Twitter. So ignorant yet so loud

i am glad that the internet evolved into having forums where we can see the written translation of the mental state and IQ value of some Nigerians.
Now, the scary part of this is that we are only seeing 20% of Nigerians on mainstream forums. Many have smartphones but have never been to NL or reddit. They just use WhatsApp & Insta. Most of the smartest people in Nigeria still don't know what Nairaland is, let alone those with collective stupidity.
Picture what it would be like if 80% of Nigerians are on forums like this. The stupidity would drive many actually intelligent people away from the internet entirely.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by pappilo(m): 8:10am On May 16
bennybuhari:

You are so dull. When I read comments from illiterates like you I get the urge to give you a very dirty slap!

4 Likes

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by LyfeJennings(m): 8:11am On May 16
GboyegaD:

Don't joke with cooperatives
Those guy are very very liquid to the tune of billions
If only U know
Do U know NPF cooperative has it's own MFB and it's liquid in excess of billions
These guys liquid die
As in diee diee

4 Likes

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Father4all: 8:14am On May 16
Hotel to fu*k female inmate
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Exousiang01(m): 8:19am On May 16
GboyegaD:

How prisons are in Nigeria? What is the staff strength of each prison.
Do you think NCS is just one prison house.

You guys should open your heads now.
Think.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Idaytesj29(m): 8:20am On May 16
Nbotee:
How much be una salaries wey una cooperative society go fit buy land along the road leading up to the airport?

You have dementia walahi
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Franking: 8:23am On May 16
Believe this people at your peril. The corruption at the correctional facilities is overwhelming. Everyone is in on it.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by funshint(m): 8:25am On May 16
bennybuhari:
Sorry; na you no understand english..

2 Likes

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by wizelink(m): 8:37am On May 16
Hmm okay. No be Naija wey dey?
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by reiddecuti: 8:37am On May 16
When they come out to deny, you know the allegations are true.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Originalsly: 8:48am On May 16
ojoisimi:

Is this simple English line that difficult for you to comprehend or you are just trying to be mischievous - what you are best at?

Dollop heads everywhere on this platform. Most cooperative society be it formed by civil servants or artisans can decide to venture into any business to add to their revenue. I don't see any big deal in this. Some have farmlands, block industries, bakery e.t.c.

No doubt..... but don't they pool their resources to establish the business? Did you stop to think where this coop got sooooo much money for all these projects? ... and the money to maintain them? ... or is it the hotel that is bringing in the revenue to offset the expenses and the soft loans and the "pensions"? The EFCC needs to be investigating this cooperative instead of chasing suspected yahoo Boys. Corruption in our face but we don't see it.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Taiwo20(m): 8:50am On May 16
bennybuhari:

Cooperative was formed in 1996 and hotel was built in 2021

1 Like

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by maxzzo1(m): 9:25am On May 16
I thought they have one Airport road Abuja....abi someone done corner am
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by thatigboman: 9:50am On May 16
ojoisimi:

Is this simple English line that difficult for you to comprehend or you are just trying to be mischievous - what you are best at?

Dollop heads everywhere on this platform. Most cooperative society be it formed by civil servants or artisans can decide to venture into any business to add to their revenue. I don't see any big deal in this. Some have farmlands, block industries, bakery e.t.c.
i think there are so many teenagers and students on this platform. is it that they dont understand what a cooperative society is? nobody is even talking of all those NAOWA and POWA building gigantic estates and shopping complexes in Abuja and Lagos. where do the wives of army and police officers get money to build those buildings that serving and retired prison officers cant contribute money and collect loan to build a hotel.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by thatigboman: 9:51am On May 16
Originalsly:

No doubt..... but don't they pool their resources to establish the business? Did you stop to think where this coop got sooooo much money for all these projects? ... and the money to maintain them? ... or is it the hotel that is bringing in the revenue to offset the expenses and the soft loans and the "pensions"? The EFCC needs to be investigating this cooperative instead of chasing suspected yahoo Boys. Corruption in our face but we don't see it.

cant they obtain loan from banks?

1 Like

Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Originalsly: 10:02am On May 16
thatigboman:

cant they obtain loan from banks?

Really? .. let's say they do. What's their source of income to repay the loan and maintain the projects? If you noticed.... their projects are pretty much non profits .... but require a lot to operate. I'm almost sure they're feeding off the prison budget.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by thatigboman: 10:07am On May 16
Originalsly:

Really? .. let's say they do. What's their source of income to repay the loan and maintain the projects? If you noticed.... their projects are pretty much non profits .... but require a lot to operate. I'm almost sure they're feeding off the prison budget.
source of income? Are they not working?
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Originalsly: 10:42am On May 16
thatigboman:

source of income? Are they not working?

grin grin ... sorry... I forgot. What's their salary?.... and how many are working ... compared to how many are retired?
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by thatigboman: 10:58am On May 16
Originalsly:

grin grin ... sorry... I forgot. What's their salary?.... and how many are working ... compared to how many are retired?
Nigeria Correctional Services is a federal government establish with lots of staff. in 2023 alone "NCoS Promotes 17,636 personnel", so u can imagine how many staff they have. Cooperative is meant for both serving and retired staff.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by SmartyPants(m): 11:07am On May 16
Originalsly:

This is like asking how micro finance banks or insurance companies make money.
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by tivity101: 11:14am On May 16
From the OP write up I don't know if it's only me that knows that the hotels and many other still belongs to them
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by raynobz: 11:52am On May 16
bennybuhari:
Learn to read and comprehend
Re: Correctional Service Has No Hotel, Says Spokesman, Abubakar Umar by Donchieli: 11:54am On May 16
And they had to make the deduction for cocos mandatory

A cooperative dat is mandatory is that one cooperative abi coercion

With only yearly/annual meeting to discuss wat was made and wat was spent and profit allocation

Also a cooperative that does not give easy loan to its personal especially serving personal without high interest

And when they giv u d loan, jus stat praying u dnt knw wen deduction will end

Who is the chairman of the cooperative and who is he answerable to

NLhustle:

You're the mugu with comprehension problems here. You obviously need help, and I'll help you.

Here's a simpler explanation: The cooperative society (COCOS) was formed in 1996 for all personnel of the NCS. In 2021, the COCOS built the hotel as a way to generate income for itself, just as any other cooperative society would do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Governorship Debate Today At 7pm On Channels Television. / Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan / Breaking- Former Gov TA Orji Arrested With Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.