Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,909 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:38 PM

Am I Convinced? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Am I Convinced? (1223 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Convinced? by tintingz(m): 5:37pm On May 19
IMAliyu:

I can't really say, as it was sort of a gradual thing.
But I never recovered from a question I asked in 2020 which I made a thread for, which was "How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth?"
The fact that I could never find a decent answer to this bothered me.
I could concede the grounds that a God exists and created the universe for argument sake, but I still couldn't make an argument or come to the logical conclusion for any specific religion (primarily Islam) being empirically valid or the truth from that.

This stuck with me, as to why Allah if real, would make the evidence for his religion as weak as for all the other supposed false religions.
Considering the very high stakes here, which is eternal torture. You would think a loving, Merciful creator that doesn't want that for us, would make proving it's religion to be as simple and reliable as proving the existence of gravity. Rather we are stuck arguing about ancient books that even members of the religion can't all agree on it's interpretations and meaning.
This would either mean God is not good but in fact cruel, or non of this is real and it's entirely manmade.

I still kept up with Salat, and Ramadan fasting up until sometime 2022 thinking I am wrong, and maybe if I learned even more, that I would change my mind, and regain my faith.
That never happened, the more I learned the more manmade everything looked, and Salat and fasting became a very hollow and demanding chore, that I had to drop

To an extent I still feel a level of loss here, considering I did infact think Islam was really the Truth, with all questions answered, that was why I was so eager to engage and defend it in the past.

This was the exact phase I went through, there are threads I made asking questions too. To think that the Quran is filled with ancient myths & unscientific approaches is another good reason.

And I also see that most people choose the religion of their parents or environment, it really doesn't make sense if there's a true god but so much diversity and he wants to punish people for what he couldn't make right.

Good that you left religion & superstitious beliefs, welcome once again.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 6:50pm On May 19
tintingz:
Quran is not an evidence for how the universe came to be.

From the look of things, he would rather put the Quran ahead of any scientific evidence.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Antlislaam: 5:05pm On May 20
NeoWanZaeed:

Laughing..

Muhammad is the founder of Islam

. Laughing..

When will you get sense? Even a deaf and dumb coupled with blindness knows Muhammad isn't the founder of Islam.

And I only replied this for you to know how ignorant you are.

Go and quote your brother.. anti-christian and have fun

If dem born you well just answer this question.. Tell us the founder of islam with Quran verse to back up your answer

As for Anti-christian, the boy is here promoting islam, allah, Muhammad, Quran and hadith using taqqiya. So therefore, he is no more here with us again on NL but leave him from this matter and answer the question, let this house see who is dumb, deaf, ignorant, senseless, etc between you and I
Re: Am I Convinced? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:01pm On May 21
Antlislaam:

If dem born you well just answer this question.. Tell us the founder of islam with Quran verse to back up your answer

As for Anti-christian, the boy is here promoting islam, allah, Muhammad, Quran and hadith using taqqiya. So therefore, he is no more here with us again on NL but leave him from this matter and answer the question, let this house see who is dumb, deaf, ignorant, senseless, etc between you and I
You see.. you are so ignorant that you don't even know anti Christian is nOt promoting Islam but factionism.

Don't quote me again until you have knowledge about matters you want to argue about
Re: Am I Convinced? by Shidda: 11:26am On May 22
tintingz:
Hello to all my Muslim friends, it's been a while since I created a topic here. I hope you are all doing well.

I want to share that I'm still not convinced that Islam, or any theistic faith, is true since I left Islam, and I lack the belief in the existence of a supreme god or gods.

Best regards.

**I hope I'm not breaking any rules here.
What is it you don't believe? The religion or the existence of God?
Re: Am I Convinced? by Antlislaam: 1:32pm On May 23
NeoWanZaeed:

You see.. you are so ignorant that you don't even know anti Christian is nOt promoting Islam but factionism.

Slave, I've said it earlier and I'm gonna say it again, leave anti christian from this matter, face front and answer the question. Let's behold who is ignorance, deaf, dumb, senseless, etc between you and I

NeoWanZaeed:

Don't quote me again until you have knowledge about matters you want to argue about

Buhahahaha grin don't tell me the question hard for Muhammad and allah to answer through you or kuku invite your chief imam or any of your alfa to help you out

The question again is since Muhammad was not the founder of islam according to your own gullible, who is then the founder of islam with Quran verse to back up your answer

N.B: NO ROOM FOR SURAT DON'T QUOTE ME AGAIN HERE TILL YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION BEFORE YOU
Re: Am I Convinced? by tintingz(m): 4:53am On May 24
Shidda:

What is it you don't believe? The religion or the existence of God?
Both
Re: Am I Convinced? by tintingz(m): 4:53am On May 24
LordReed:

From the look of things, he would rather put the Quran ahead of any scientific evidence.
Lol, exactly.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Emceecee(m): 1:08pm On May 24
Antlislaam:

The question again is since Muhammad was not the founder of islam according to your own gullible, who is then the founder of islam with Quran verse to back up your answer

Islam began since as early as the first creation, that is because Allah has always been, and He is the One besides whom none has the right to be worshipped. And He created the creation for that.

Allah revealed:
83. Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (the true Islamic Monotheism worshipping none but Allah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned. (Surah Imran 2)

6. Say (O Muhammad ): "I am only a human being like you. It is inspired in me that your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God - Allah), therefore take Straight Path to Him (with true Faith Islamic Monotheism) and obedience to Him, and seek forgiveness of Him. And woe to Al-Mushrikun (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, polytheists, idolaters, etc. - see V.2:105).

7. Those who give not the Zakat and they are disbelievers in the Hereafter. (Quran 41:6-7)

17. Verily, those who believe (in Allah and in His Messenger Muhammad ), and those who are Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians, and the Magians, and those who worship others besides Allah, truly, Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. Verily! Allah is Witness over all things.

18. See you not that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and Ad-Dawab (moving living creatures, beasts, etc.), and many of mankind? But there are many (men) on whom the punishment is justified. And whomsoever Allah disgraces, none can honour him. Verily! Allah does what He wills. (Hajj 22:17-18).
Re: Am I Convinced? by Emceecee(m): 1:27pm On May 24
tintingz:
Both
If you don't believe in Allah, then there's no point talking about islam

That's like trying to talk about how to save yourself from hellfire, when
you don't believe in it in the first place.

Or something more relatable, arguing about the right map to a
treasure when you don't believe there's a treasure in the first place.

If you're looking for the truth, start with your disbelief in the existence of God, even people that don't believe in
islam will agree that there's a God, so anything before that won't yield anything.

I must say I do find it strange that you'll say that, do you think the Jews & christains came
from nowhere, with their history with the Prophets, not to mention the Arabs? The most likely explanation
I can think of is you do not know their history, or you assume if forged, which will be sad if that's the case.

I would leave you if this, if you'll ponder upon it. Surah Hajj 22:1-11
1. O mankind! Fear your Lord and be dutiful to Him! Verily, the earthquake of the Hour (of Judgement) is a terrible thing.

2. The Day you shall see it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling, and every pregnant one will drop her load, and you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet they will not be drunken, but severe will be the Torment of Allah.

3. And among mankind is he who disputes concerning Allah, without knowledge, and follows every rebellious (disobedient to Allah) Shaitan (devil) (devoid of each and every kind of good).

4. For him (the devil) it is decreed that whosoever follows him, he will mislead him, and will drive him to the torment of the Fire. [Tafsir At-Tabari]

5. O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily! We have created you (i.e. Adam) from dust, then from a Nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge i.e. offspring of Adam), then from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood) then from a little lump of flesh, some formed and some unformed (miscarriage), that We may make (it) clear to you (i.e. to show you Our Power and Ability to do what We will). And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then (give you growth) that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells and puts forth every lovely kind (of growth).

6. That is because Allah, He is the Truth, and it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who is Able to do all things.

7. And surely, the Hour is coming, there is no doubt about it, and certainly, Allah will resurrect those who are in the graves.

8. And among men is he who disputes about Allah, without knowledge or guidance, or a Book giving light (from Allah),

9. Bending his neck in pride (far astray from the Path of Allah), and leading (others) too (far) astray from the Path of Allah. For him there is disgrace in this worldly life, and on the Day of Resurrection We shall make him taste the torment of burning (Fire).

10. That is because of what your hands have sent forth, and verily, Allah is not unjust to (His) slaves.

11. And among mankind is he who worships Allah as it were, upon the very edge (i.e. in doubt); if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him, he turns back on his face (i.e. reverts back to disbelief after embracing Islam). He loses both this world and the Hereafter. That is the evident loss.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 10:53am On May 25
LordReed:

Yes.
Explain the origin of creation with the scientific method, so that we can know whether the big-bang is a science or not.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 10:56am On May 25
LordReed:

Do they even differentiate science from pseudo-science?
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 11:03am On May 25
tintingz:
Quran is not an evidence for how the universe came to be.
I have verses[revelation] that provide perfect replies to your sayings, is it not gonna be nice of you if you check them?
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 1:05pm On May 25
Anaybira:

Do they even differentiate science from pseudo-science?

Thereal question is can you? You give off the impression you barely know anything about the science you are attempting to discredit. Asking me if big bang is scientific shows you don't know what you are talking about.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 1:13pm On May 25
Anaybira:

Explain the origin of creation with the scientific method, so that we can know whether the big-bang is a science or not.

Oga stop talking about a "creation" when it has to do with science. The universe was not created in scientific terms. The universe as we know it came about by processes that started with the big bang which was the sudden expansion of a singularity that was very small into this billions light year across space time that we see now within a very short time. The interaction of the fundamental forces with energy began the formation of microscopic particles which in turn formed atoms and from there on all of the matter in the universe. This coalition of matter continued over eons to produce stars and planets and all the other stuff. As far as we can tell there was no god doing anything during this period since there is no evidence of such.

1 Like

Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 2:09pm On May 25
LordReed:

Oga stop talking about a "creation" when it has to do with science. The universe was not created in scientific terms. The universe as we know it came about by processes that started with the big bang which was the sudden expansion of a singularity that was very small into this billions light year across space time that we see now within a very short time. The interaction of the fundamental forces with energy began the formation of microscopic particles which in turn formed atoms and from there on all of the matter in the universe. This coalition of matter continued over eons to produce stars and planets and all the other stuff. As far as we can tell there was no god doing anything during this period since there is no evidence of such.
What was the independent variable? As in, use the scientific method to establish the Big bang as a scientifical fact.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 2:15pm On May 25
LordReed:

Thereal question is can you? You give off the impression you barely know anything about the science you are attempting to discredit. Asking me if big bang is scientific shows you don't know what you are talking about.
So, The Big bang is no longer a scientific evidence? anything scientific, as in true science should be a product of scientific method otherwise it is pseudo-science.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 2:23pm On May 25
LordReed:

The universe as we know it came about by processes that started with the big bang which was the sudden expansion of a singularity that was very small into this billions light year across space time that we see now within a very short time. The interaction of the fundamental forces with energy began the formation of microscopic particles which in turn formed atoms and from there on all of the matter in the universe. This coalition of matter continued over eons...
Over eons, this one wholeheartedly accept Darwinian evolutionary garbage...chemical to bio cell then to the most complex animal like you.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 2:40pm On May 25
LordReed:

... As far as we can tell there was no god doing anything during this period since there is no evidence of such.
But scientifically we knew by evidence that a massive bang occured EONS ago.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 7:26pm On May 25
Anaybira:

What was the independent variable? As in, use the scientific method to establish the Big bang as a scientifical fact.

LoLz! What are you talking about? Do you even know how science is done or are you regurgitating the rubbish you picked up from some Islamic Youtuber?
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On May 25
Anaybira:
So, The Big bang is no longer a scientific evidence? anything scientific, as in true science should be a product of scientific method otherwise it is pseudo-science.

You are ignorant. The Big Bang Theory is backed by various scientific evidence. Can you say the same for your god?
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 7:38pm On May 25
Anaybira:

But scientifically we knew by evidence that a massive bang occured EONS ago.

Of course because we have evidence. Let's do something produce the evidence for your god and I will point you to the evidence for the Big Bang. That's fair isn't? So deal? LoLz.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 7:47pm On May 25
Anaybira:

Over eons, this one wholeheartedly accept Darwinian evolutionary garbage...chemical to bio cell then to the most complex animal like you.

You real are just spewing the nonsense you heard on Youtube aren't you? Where did I mention Darwin? You are just exposing your glaring ignorance. BBT has nothing to do with evolution so stick with the topic.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 12:26am On May 26
LordReed:

You are ignorant. The Big Bang Theory is backed by various scientific evidence.
Oya tender them make we see.
#scientificmethod
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 12:31am On May 26
LordReed:

LoLz! What are you talking about? Do you even know how science is done or are you regurgitating the rubbish you picked up from some Islamic Youtuber?
Yes, science is done in the light of scientific methods. If otherwise, provide the correct one.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 12:40am On May 26
LordReed:

. Can you say the same for your god?
Alas! Science does not give answer to every(many) phenomena[questions]. You wan use science to prove the Most Supreme? Use your head and stop worshipping your desires.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 12:45am On May 26
LordReed:

You real are just spewing the nonsense you heard on Youtube aren't you? Where did I mention Darwin? You are just exposing your glaring ignorance. BBT has nothing to do with evolution so stick with the topic.
I'm sorry, is darwin evolutionary garbage science or not?
I'm only asking because devotee of Athiesm Religion claim it is also science. You know EONS ago lizard mutated to snake, rat to cow, bees to eagle, table knife to cutlass, pistol to bazooka and the list goes on.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 5:59am On May 26
Anaybira:

I'm sorry, is darwin evolutionary garbage science or not?
I'm only asking because devotee of Athiesm Religion claim it is also science. You know EONS ago lizard mutated to snake, rat to cow, bees to eagle, table knife to cutlass, pistol to bazooka and the list goes on.

More like you are so flagrantly ignorant you can't help but display it. Let's stick with BBT stop trying to change the subject. LoLz.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 6:00am On May 26
Anaybira:

Alas! Science does not give answer to every(many) phenomena[questions]. You wan use science to prove the Most Supreme? Use your head and stop worshipping your desires.

LoLz. It's because I am using my head that I don't worship Middle Eastern fairy tales. I wonder when you'll start to use your own.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 6:02am On May 26
Anaybira:

Yes, science is done in the light of scientific methods. If otherwise, provide the correct one.

Kindly show me 5 scientific experiments that used this independent variable. LoLz.
Re: Am I Convinced? by LordReed(m): 6:05am On May 26
Anaybira:

Oya tender them make we see.
#scientificmethod

I made you a deal you produce your evidence for your god first then I'll bring for the BBT. I don't give religious people benefit of doubt anymore because my experience has taught me they are just deceptive in argument so when you bring yours, I'll bring mine. LoLz.
Re: Am I Convinced? by Anaybira: 6:22am On May 26
LordReed:

More like you are so flagrantly ignorant you can't help but display it. Let's stick with BBT stop trying to change the subject. LoLz.
Atleast a yes or no whould do, just to know how much you worship models

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Violence: The Last Resort In Islam For The Physical Defence Of Muslim Community / Happy Ramadan In Advance And Hoping For A 30days Bombing Cease-fire / How Dare You Give Us Ultimatum! Saudi Deports Additional 612 Female Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.