Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,840 members, 7,851,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State (30675 Views)

Mother Escapes As Trailer Crushes Children To Death In Onitsha (Graphic) / Trailer Rams Into Shops In Auchi, Five Feared Dead / 3 People Die As 14-Seater Bus Plunges Into River In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by slipperyanus07: 6:47pm On May 16
There are 1001 ways to die in Nigeria cry RIP to the victims
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Rhado: 6:51pm On May 16
chopnaira:
Rip.

Peter Obi to drop a reaction in bit. He would somehow find a way to blame the federal government even though it's clearly stated that a truck lost control.
Even under such painful situation?
Nawa o! Your life your choice but you can make a better choice.

2 Likes

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by excellencyabia1: 6:52pm On May 16
RIP TO THE DEAD
but since those check point have been there, how many bandit and kidnappers have they arrested

1 Like

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Samesame247: 6:53pm On May 16
The Aboki driver open him 2 eyes commit genocide una sey na accident.

Make dem burn am join the truck

2 Likes

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by nony43(m): 6:54pm On May 16
okoro:
Bitter Obi time to put on your black cloth again

You are mentally sick.

2 Likes

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by PeterObi4LP: 7:00pm On May 16
One of the reason why unknown gunmen kills police in their check points. Obstructing travelers movement and travel.

RIP to the dead
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by bluefilm: 7:03pm On May 16
Damn

This is one of my greatest fears whenever me or any of my family member is traveling
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:07pm On May 16
Passed this route this evening on my way back to Enugu from Owerri. The police checkpoint is no longer stopping vehicles but flashing torch saying keep going. That's how they behave when life slost. Three days now, they will start their rubbish again.

Ndị Ara

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Cmanforall: 7:09pm On May 16
post=129987969:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-trailer-crushes-many-to-death-at-police-checkpoint-in-abia/
Terrible!!!

RIP to the victims

How will a truck without functional brakes ply on Nigerian roads.
🚚 Truck shocked shocked

The truck driver probably was drunk, slept off, or wanted to crush those policemen extorting them.

If truly it lost control of its brakes, what happened to the driver diverting the trailer to the Bush or those demarcating structures on the highway?

Why did the truck driver not signal by using its horns and lights?

I hope that side is not a danger zone for criminals amd kidnappers. Otherwise they will use this incident to pursue the policemen, and then crime returns
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by onuman: 7:13pm On May 16
post=129987969:

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-trailer-crushes-many-to-death-at-police-checkpoint-in-abia/

The number of people killed through accidents on police check points in Nigeria over the years is alarming. A professor in my university lost his life; crushed by oncoming vehicle, on a police checkpoint in Enugu.

Who will tell the most primitive police formation in the world that policing today does not involve use of check points on the road to checkmate crime?
Who will tell Nigeria's police that police in other climes use INTELLIGENCE NETWORK, NOT CHECKPOINT, TO POLICE THE SOCIETY?

1 Like

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Cmanforall: 7:15pm On May 16
Samesame247:
The Aboki driver open him 2 eyes commit genocide una sey na accident.

Make dem burn am join the truck

Good to reason outside the box
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by pikechukwu6(m): 7:15pm On May 16
Federal government should ban police check point... Those tax collectors are evils😳😳😳
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by onuman: 7:19pm On May 16
pikechukwu6:
Federal government should ban police check point... Those tax collectors are evils😳😳😳

Even the army mounts check points on the road. What sort of country is Nigeria?
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by BadBradley: 7:23pm On May 16
TOPCRUISE:
It's not police fault though. It's the truck driver that is at fault. It's rare for police not to do clearance on vehicles plying dangerous routes to checkmate, crimes, banditry and drug and human trafficking.
so to stop crime, police have to mount checkpoint and stop vehicles randomly without any probable reason?
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by CrossRhodes: 7:25pm On May 16
This is on Nigerian police...
They have too much blood on their hands.
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Mummyfour(f): 7:31pm On May 16
okoro:
Bitter Obi time to put on your black cloth again
everything is not a joke or for clout chasing,. Please move on if you don't have rest in peace to give. This is a tragedy that every normal human being should empathize with and not a time for trolling a politician that doesn't know you.

1 Like

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by adicius: 7:40pm On May 16
Is this Tinubu's fault too Will Obi donate to the victims families?. We shall see.

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by MartinsD12(m): 7:51pm On May 16
post=129987969:

Accident caused by the police who are only interested in collecting illegal money from motorist, very unacceptable and unprofessional conduct from the Nigerian police very wicked people 18 people dead because of their selfish ways
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by highchief1: 7:53pm On May 16
post=129987969:

what police is doing all over our roads is what I don’t know.i have lived in African countries,Europe and other areas.u don’t see check points anywhere.does this have to do with tinubu again.Nigerians are animals.i has nothing to do with the leaders.The major chunk of the problem is with the followers.
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Madups(m): 7:59pm On May 16
chopnaira:
Rip.

Peter Obi to drop a reaction in bit. He would somehow find a way to blame the federal government even though it's clearly stated that a truck lost control.
the people wey stop bus for highway nor be federal government put them there? Come, be careful! Take your time!
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Mcslize: 8:04pm On May 16
I have said it before. Living in Nigeria as a country reduces your life span by 50%.

Do Police mount roads in the western world with bags of cements and causing traffic jams and obstructing roads users?

May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by 4KNGOAT: 8:05pm On May 16
Melagros:
COMRADES, this kind of shit happened to me when I was in Jos, the faulty bus failed brake and cleared three of us including the police officer grin
Thank God I am still alive today

To you it's a joke right But wait till u're no more
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by UnabashedIPOB: 8:07pm On May 16
I hope you see why folks like me have no sympathy when evil befalls these CRIMINALS in uniform. They are nothing but agents of death and destruction. May it never be well with these crooks, Iseeee!
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Mcslize: 8:08pm On May 16
ThiefnubuBandit:
Many things dey happen.

Only in Nigeria many of these deadly/evil things do happen. Nigeria is a jungle where animals in human forms dwell.

1 Like

Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Segzy19: 8:12pm On May 16
The way some police will just jump into the road and want you to stop immediately without giving you the time and space to clear and park well. That's why the vehicle coming behind you will ram into you. You will be unfortunate if the vehicle behind is an articulated one...

Once there is an accident, the police officers will abandon that check point and run away
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by udemzyudex(m): 8:29pm On May 16
The thing most of the senators, politicians etc own trucks and some use it as higher purchase to companies.

That's why you'll never see them make any law concerning the incessant killing of Nigerians by trucks.
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by cardoctor(m): 8:35pm On May 16
Why so much death by car accidents this year?
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by bentenny(m): 8:38pm On May 16
In saner climes,the driver will be prosecuted and jailed for driving a truck with a faulty brake while the company that owns the truck will not only pay a hefty fine running into millions but they will be compelled by the court to adequately compensate the families of dead!

By the time the company is done with the total payments,they will either go bankrupt or be very meticulous in ensuring their trucks are properly checked before moving while they ensure that a professional driver from a proper selection process is recruited!

After being used as a example,others will learn from it!

Unfortunately,this will not happen in Nigeria because we have a faulty security system and a corrupt judiciary!
Hence,drivers will misbehave on our roads and go scot-free!
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by Charly68: 9:09pm On May 16
God have mercy; we reject every verdict of sudden death in Jesus name
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by wman(m): 9:10pm On May 16
Who checks these trucks for roadworthiness?
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by IMMUNO1(m): 9:17pm On May 16
AI had an accident that made me to repair someone's Sienna and another Corolla on that same spot this January, courtesy of those same police men. They position themselves one pole apart. Only God knows what they are really checking there. Sometimes, I don't blame Simon Ekpa and his types. RIP to the souls.
Re: Travellers Crushed To Death As Trailer Rams Into 18-Seater Bus In Abia State by steeltrust: 9:38pm On May 16
Nigerians don’t take safety serious.

Wait for them to blame village people
A juju de the road

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Trade Or Cross Lagos Blue Rail Line (Warning!) / Beautiful Photos From Shanghai Summer Trip / Pilot Flying With Expired Medical Certificate Loses Licence In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.