Stats: 3,161,549 members, 7,847,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos (16039 Views)

Saka Audu Weeps As He Inspects Vandalized Medical Equipment / EndSARS: Imoru Police Station Vandalized By Residents Of Ijebu Ode / Damian Lawani's House Vandalized 3 Weeks After Gunmen Attacked Residence (pics) (2) (3) (4)

How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by iwaeda: 8:14pm On May 16
LAGOS—A team of policemen from the Works Department of the Force Headquarters, in Lagos, has stormed the senior police officers’ quarters at the Government Reserved Area, GRA, Ikeja and allegedly looted and vandalised the residence of a retired Commissioner of Police, Chucks Enwonwu.

Eyewitnesses said the team of policemen numbering over 10 came to the retired officer’s residence at Quarter 33, Flat 2, Oba Akinjobi Street, G.R.A., Ikeja and embarked on massive vandalization and looting of the property inside the residence of the retired Commissioner of Police, who was absent at the time the operation was being carried out.

Speaking to reporters on the destruction carried out in the building, the distraught police officer told Vanguard: “It was my official quarters while I was in service. I had yet to move to the property I bought from Police Cooperative at Bank Anthony Way. The place is yet to be linked with electricity. I went several times to access the flat but I was frustrated.
A flat I paid for in tranches since 2019, so, I could not have dragged the GRA flat since it was to be demolished anytime.

That particular day, they invaded the flat, I got calls from another retired officer saying that a Superintendent of Police, from the Works Department, led Mallams to eject me from the flat in GRA. I told him to hand over the phone to the officer leading the demolition exercise and I appealed to the officer to wait for me to send two SPOs to see him and pack my things to the new house at Bank Anthony.

“Unfortunately, he did not use his initiative and he went ahead to break into the flat and they began massive looting and vandalism of my items.

“In the end, all my valuables—cash, jewellery, clothes, property documents, NYSC and degree certificates were stolen before the two SPOs I sent to the place could pack my things. The modest estimate of my loss is over N15 million.

“When I tried to speak with the man in charge of the Works Department, he did not pick up my calls. However, he later claimed that he was sick and begged that I should forgive the officers who carried out the exercise.

“It is pertinent to point out that before the willful massive looting and vandalization of my property, no one served any notice on me. I don’t live there but have my loads there since I have yet to access the Cooperative Unit of the police because they are yet to connect light there.

“I have served the Police Force in different capacities and many places, including Commissioner of Police, Oyo State; Commissioner of Police, SPU and retired at 60 years after I was denied the exalted rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police, AIG, by former Inspector General of Police, because of ethnicity.”

He was illegal occupant — ACP Dangana

However, when Vanguard spoke with an officer said to be in charge of the Police Works Department in Lagos, ACP Dangana, he said: “I was the person that signed the eviction notice. Adebisi Adesola, a Superintendent of Police, led our men to the location. The directive came from the police high command to eject illegal occupants. The person in question retired two years ago which makes him an illegal occupant.

“He was supposed to leave the building six months after retirement but did not and moved to the East leaving his property locked up in the building. He told me that his valuable documents and jewellery got misplaced in the process but I was not aware of it because I was not around on the day officers went to the building.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/how-police-officers-looted-vandalized-retired-commissioners-property-in-lagos/

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by helinues: 8:16pm On May 16
“He was supposed to leave the building six months after retirement but did not and moved to the East leaving his property locked up in the building.

Nah, no looting here, na forced eviction from the house

You retired, you relocated but leave your properties in a building you could have vacated six months after retirement .

Na wolf crying things jor

Considering the responses on this thread, it obvious most of those who commented didn't bother to read the news, they only reacted to the headline.

Fixated mindset can't get us anywhere. Make we shun that idea

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Dedeity: 8:19pm On May 16
The Ebola drug lord has created so much hardship and hunger hence the massive crime rate and killingz

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by bennybuhari: 8:22pm On May 16
Power is transient

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by decatalyst(m): 8:24pm On May 16
Imagine what they did to one of their own, a very high ranking officer.

This explains why they treat people with disdain.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by helinues: 8:26pm On May 16
Dedeity:
The Ebola drug lord has created so much hardship and hunger hence the massive crime rate and killingz

“He was supposed to leave the building six months after retirement but did not and moved to the East leaving his property locked up in the building"

Una no dey bother to read again as your minds are made just to attack the presidency for no sensible reason

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by jetwonder(m): 8:38pm On May 16
Nice one
Police is your friend

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Nukilia: 9:03pm On May 16
Dog eat dog grin grin grin

Birds of a feather

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by seanfer(m): 9:35pm On May 16
The Civil service rules states that you o e must vacate official residence 6 months after retirement.
The Former CP refuse to vacate the official quaters.
And now he is trying to blame the NPF for his stubbornness.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by BossGerald: 11:37pm On May 16
Criminals in uniform

I wonder how these people are recruited

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Yankee101: 2:36am On May 17
An oga at the top has had to have sanctioned it
Uniformed men are so harsh in nigeria that they devour even their own once you leave the service, it’s a shame

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Houseontherock1: 5:07am On May 17
He moved to another place and locked his Lagos home...very very bad behavior from the man! He also claimed to have been denied promotion based on ethnicity...so petty undecided

All the same, they should have made a video of them removing his stuff to ensure that everything is safe and nothing is stolen or destroyed in the process

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by mytime24(f): 6:08am On May 17
Arm robbers in uniform

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by iwaeda: 8:07am On May 17
Armed robbers in uniform vs retired oga at the top. Purely internal affairs. grin grin grin

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Macphenson: 8:47am On May 17
okoo
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by jabor4Naija(m): 9:09am On May 17
I actually felt pity for him as I was reading through but when it got to the point of him staying two years after he was suppose to have vacated, I just got angry because it shows he was still trying to boss over them when he was suppose to have been out of the place, he also said he was not served notice before the eviction but he later said he called them to hold on for the eviction so he could send to officers down to pack his things, he just kept on contradicting himself.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Dyalo721: 10:28am On May 17
This is too bad
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by tiswell(m): 10:28am On May 17
Tell us something new about npf.
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Authoreety: 10:29am On May 17
Police na glorified armed robbers na...

Imagine wetin police do police...

But why the man no pack him property comot dia... Bad man. And him dey claim 15million naira damages... Lol... Na d same page all of Dem dey😂🤣😝

Ndi oshi

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by bassdow: 10:29am On May 17
naDemDem
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Cj4charles(m): 10:29am On May 17
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by RealLordZeus(m): 10:29am On May 17
You retired 2 years ago and still continue occupying the force properties

You had a whole 35 years to plan your retirement and still fail, now you are playing tribal card and crying foul

No fvck for you

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by SlavaUkraini: 10:30am On May 17
The retired Nigga cop should have moved out six months ago

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by bassdow: 10:30am On May 17
bassdow:
naDemDem
same way some Soldiers in detension were complaining of being manHandled by fellow soldiers, forgetting it's how most of them handle ordinary Citizens

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by bassdow: 10:30am On May 17
bassdow:
same way some Soldiers in detension were complaining of being manHandled by fellow soldiers, forgetting it's how most of them handle ordinary Citizens
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Racoon(m): 10:31am On May 17
Police looted from police no case. Gambari pa Fulani kosi ejo

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Hezmatosky: 10:32am On May 17
Lagos has happened to you. What goes around comes around. Na your boys naw

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by iwaeda: 10:35am On May 17
helinues:

You retired, you relocated but leave your properties in a building you could have vacated six months after retirement .

Considering the responses on this thread, it obvious most of those who commented didn't bother to read the news, they only reacted to the headline.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by CountinBlessins(m): 10:38am On May 17
helinues:

Have you gotten a job in Abuja ?

Re: How Police Officers Looted, Vandalized Chucks Enwonwu's Property In Lagos by Badguy77(m): 10:38am On May 17
They are all thieves

U.S. Lawmakers Warn Nigerian Government Against Further Shift Of Elections / I Won’t Be Intimidated By Desperate Politicians – Ekweremadu / Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation