Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,812 members, 7,848,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) (38145 Views)

See What Would Happen If There Were No Gravity On Earth (Photos) / Lightning Strike Creates New Material Seen On Earth ‘For The First Time’ (Pics) / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by ghiloman28(m): 9:56pm On May 19
But at the end the water is still on the land no matter how dept it is
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:02pm On May 19
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Now try to understand that we have WATER BENDER and we also have LAND BENDER.

In the book of earth space it was said that WATER BENDER is the Cousin or relative to EARTH BENDER.

It’s an institution of constitution.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Lay off the weed bro smiley
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by israelpalatoe(m): 10:04pm On May 19
There is more land under the water
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Skyehigher1: 10:08pm On May 19
Land and water i think land itself lane is underneath by water too so water is 69 percent while land is 31 percent we all live with land and water we all survive by water and land without both there is nothing we can call humanity
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Glock22: 10:43pm On May 19
Germi9:
Water na
Water is 70% land 30%

This is as per surface area, not by volume.

There’s more earth/land by volume, because even the water covered area has earth/land beneath them.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by GENES11S: 11:01pm On May 19
bravehost4u:
The bedrock of oceans is land... More land Under water
Watch how some people will blame this on Tinubu and Obi grin

The bedrock of ocean is Oceanic crust. It is different from continental crust (Land) being discussed in this article.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Rinoxy: 11:01pm On May 19
Basic elementary science already tells us that the total surface area of the earth is 30% land and 70% water. Simple!
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Light78: 11:09pm On May 19
I have been asking myself what would happen if scientist or engineers discover a machine like ship that can dig downward. What if you reach the limit of the earth? You will fall into space downwards.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by adeniyi65(m): 11:17pm On May 19
If you say water, you are right.
If you say land, you are right.
It all depend on your submission. On what we can capture with our eyes, water is vast than land. But a deep insight into the topic will bring land as the answer because land is the bedrock foundation of all river types.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Eugenco: 12:13am On May 20
The earth has so many mysteries that are yet to be discovered.Recently it was discovered that some kilometres from the earth surface, lies a vast quantity of water,far surpassing the combined oceans and seas on earth surface.
I believe future generations will be able to clarify,based on their advanced tech, whether there's more land(earth) or more H2O, but our present tech allows us to believe that earth is basically a dry planet based on the ratio of solid earth(mantle, lithosphere) to water which is just less than 1% compared to land
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Gertyman: 12:16am On May 20
PeterObi4LP:
How come we have land grabbers and we don't have water grabbers? Why?

Infact we have water grabbers. China grabbing South China Sea.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:31am On May 20
Ttipsy:
lol

Go n take the land then..

You don't understand do you?
Just fyi I am a geologist and I believe everybody has his or her own opinion.
What do you define as water? Let me try and define it as simple as I can for you.
It is a liquid substance that can take the shape of any object or solid surface imposed on it.
In summary the water is just covering the earth beneath. If there is a tectonic shift in the earth the water shift too. If the water dries up the land surface is revealed.
Haven't you been seeing other parts of the world where water dries up on a large ocean and things are discovered on the floor where the water covered. Go do your research and maybe you will have a change of reasoning.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:33am On May 20
MySolace:

Looking at d map, its like theres more water.
Also, even d supposed land has water sitting under it.

Maybe its in equilibrum.

Lol not really truly more land than water. Water is just taking up the space more like a sub-matter in an equilibrium state.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:39am On May 20
adeniyi65:
If you say water, you are right.
If you say land, you are right.
It all depend on your submission. On what we can capture with our eyes, water is vast than land. But a deep insight into the topic will bring land as the answer because land is the bedrock foundation of all river types.

I agree with you on that as well
But do you know there is so much uncovered territories under the sea than on land. Infact if you do more research you will be surprised that the day man is able to carry out more expedition in the ocean to savage the land under the sea will you know what will be discovered?
Take for example thousand of years meteorites that missed trijectories and fell under the ocean now just laying on the floor. Do you know hidden empires covered by water during the stone ages all those histories and knowledge hidden from man when those water are able to be navigated then we will be able to calculate the land mass which I know for sure is more covered untapped knowledge yet to be explored.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:40am On May 20
MySolace:

Looking at d map, its like theres more water.
Also, even d supposed land has water sitting under it.

Maybe its in equilibrum.
And what is under the water?
So let's do it this way say in the future we are able to convert large ocean water into a state where y we are able to navigate the ocean bed to explore the ocean floor. My quest to you is what will you be standing on?
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:42am On May 20
Gbogbowa:
Land is the surfaces or the earth or space not covered with water.for example if you have light there will be no darkness and when the light is out you have darkness.so wherever you have water is no longer land
You wrong I would say.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:44am On May 20
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Now try to understand that we have WATER BENDER and we also have LAND BENDER.

In the book of earth space it was said that WATER BENDER is the Cousin or relative to EARTH BENDER.

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:44am On May 20
Rinoxy:
Basic elementary science already tells us that the total surface area of the earth is 30% land and 70% water. Simple!

What is under the water or let me put it this way. What bedrock or stable platform is the water sitting on?
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:47am On May 20
BigDawsNet:
Water takes around 70%
Which happens to be on top a stable platform which happens to be LAND or you want to call it SOIL if that helps
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Eugenco: 12:49am On May 20
Papilagreen:

What do you define as water? Let me try and define it as simple as I can for you.
It is a liquid substance that can take the shape of any object or solid surface imposed on it.
In summary the water is just covering the earth beneath. If there is a tectonic shift in the earth the water shift too. If the water dries up the land surface is revealed.
Haven't you been seeing other parts of the world where water dries up on a large ocean and things are discovered on the floor where the water covered. Go do your research and maybe you will have a change of reasoning.
My brother,99% of the people you see around us have that perception that water covers the entire underground(ground water) but they can't be blamed,as they don't know

1 Like

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 12:53am On May 20
Gertyman:

Infact we have water grabbers. China grabbing South China Sea.

You are actually correct on this one.

My professor and I had a discussion on this a few weeks back in a group class on the topic of climate change.
One Chinese guy was talking about how their country is now able to use a technology to convert sea water into oxygen, which they store this oxygen transport it to their own part of their country ocean side then release these oxygen into their clouds and then use another said technology to covert that cloud oxygen to rain and it then falls into their own ocean side.
They use it to increase their ocean side and plant irrigation. It was a very interesting and eye opening topic and I enjoyed every bit of it and it's scary too if you look at it the other way round stealing other country water resources.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Eugenco: 1:01am On May 20
Papilagreen:

You are actually correct on this one.

My professor and I had a discussion on this a few weeks back in a group class on the topic of climate change.
One Chinese guy was talking about how their country is now able to use a technology to convert sea water into oxygen, which they store this oxygen transport it to their own part of their country ocean side then release these oxygen into their clouds and then use another said technology to covert that cloud oxygen to rain and it then falls into their own ocean side.
They use it to increase their ocean side and plant irrigation. It was a very interesting and eye opening topic and I enjoyed every bit of it and it's scary too if you look at it the other way round stealing other country water resources.
LOL... I bet that stuff is just hypothetical.. it's gonna be expensive as hell to undertake
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Papilagreen: 1:51am On May 20
Eugenco:

LOL... I bet that stuff is just hypothetical.. it's gonna be expensive as hell to undertake

Lol bro if only u know what china and America does for the purpose of technological advancement and the race for the ultimate power of technology and the billions of dollars allocated to the advancement of technology only then will you understand.
It's not like Nigeria where we don't take this seriously and that is why we are still on the loop.

1 Like

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Remix10(m): 4:15am On May 20
sprints1:
oxygen and silicon is sir stop saying rubbish

Easy bro, i didn't increase the price of garri, you can correct better, else comot for my face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by sprints1: 5:49am On May 20
Remix10:

Easy bro, i didn't increase the price of garri, you can correct better, else comot for my face.
sorry,
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Zetty177x: 6:00am On May 20
Water. 70%
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by femi4: 6:35am On May 20
Papilagreen:
We have more land on earth covered over by water. If there was no large land mass, there is no way the water will be able to be stable on the earths surface platform. I hope this helps
That's not the definition of land

1 Like

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Celob(m): 7:16am On May 20
In the Bible, it is stated that the planet was full of water until land was later created. Therefore, it is true that there is more water than land on Earth.
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by Ttipsy(f): 7:18am On May 20
Papilagreen:

thats the same thing I am saying, go n grab the lands then

Why r u still arguing?
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by KanoSeller: 7:39am On May 20
bravehost4u:

What if you wake up suddenly and realized this life was just a dream
Wake up to which life!? None existing? Will been better
Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by LordGuru1: 9:16am On May 20
Ise OLOHRUN, awamaridi ni! That's why when I see some take what Scientists say to be finality on their Life and Soul, I just shake my head. They have many come back after Years to correct what they once Claimed to be the Fianal Supreme Knowledge.

Did you know that the Earth is not Spherical but Flat just as the Scripture says?! Did you know that NASA means Deception in Hebrew Language? Did you know that the Moon Landing was faked? Did you know that we actually have Firmament above holding Water above and not Outer Space as claimed?
https://rumble.com/v1drwun-firmament.html
https://rumble.com/v3depjq-nasa-admits-apollo-11-moon-landing-is-a-hoax-after-mentions-space-is-not-re.html
https://rumble.com/v41zffv-putin-exposes-the-truth-about-the-fake-moon-landings.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is More On Earth; Land Or Water? (Pictures) by KayCee92(m): 9:16am On May 20
Boogyman557:

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Are you 16 years old?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Sphere, Inside Amazon's ₦440billion Mini-Rainforest Office In Seattle(Photo) / Kelvin Doe, Sierra Leonean Who Built His Own Radio Station At The Age Of 13 / Uniben Student Builds Touchless Phone From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.