Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,521 members, 7,861,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan (27467 Views)

Bola Tinubu To Visit UK To See His Doctor - Bayo Onanuga / Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi / Tinubu To Visit UK Next Week For Medical Checkup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Fuckingmallam45(m): 5:32pm On May 17
Hezmatosky:
Infact that's correct. I won't fight here. What have we gotten right? Na election? Abi na economy? Abi corruption, insecurity, that has eaten inside our politicians lives? angry
What has the UK herself gotten right? Is the UK doing better? Apart from the foundation that they have laid down for years, what new innovation have we seen recently in UK? Compare to China, Japan, Korea and Singapore, UK should also be ashamed of herself.

9 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by naptu2: 5:32pm On May 17
2019 post.

naptu2:
The Daily Express is obviously trying to do a "The Sun".

In the early 1990s, His Transmittance, Rupert Murdoch, ordered his media empire to go after the Royal Family. The chief attack vehicle was The Sun Newspaper and the chief target was Princess Diana. They wrote all kinds of crazy stories about her and her children (I actually remember a very offensive story that they wrote about William and Harry while the princes were still in primary school).

The Sun also viciously attacked Sarah Ferguson and this almost made her suffer a mental breakdown.

The Daily Express is currently trying to recreate that scenario. They have written all kinds of disgusting stories about Meghan Markle in the past 2 months. They will continue writing these stories, despite the fact that normal people are criticising them, because what they are after is attention (regardless of whether it's positive or negative) and these stories give them a lot of attention.

The Sun tried to pit Princess Diana and Sarah Ferguson against each other in the late 1980s and early 1990s (despite the fact that they were like best friends) and the Daily Express is desperately trying to pit Kate Middleton against Meghan Markle.

1) Diana, Princess of Wales and Sarah, Duchess of York.

2) Diana & Sarah and Kate & Meghan.

3) Kate Duchess of Cambridge and Meghan Duchess of Sussex.

4) Princess Diana and Sarah Ferguson.

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Ojagun(m): 5:33pm On May 17
Topman7:

I have LIVED among them.

I know EXACTLY what I’m saying.

Most black Americans and Jamaicans cannot stand Africans because they see Africans as sellouts with inferiority complex towards whites

Don’t forget these are people who have fought the whites for CENTURIES in that part of the world.

They simply do not regard whites the way NIGERIANS do. At all!

Its all for show.
The black americans and Jamaicans LOVE whites.Infact they even love whites more than whites love themselves.They only resent white people because white people do not love them the way they love white people.
As for their hatred of Nigerians over there for coonery,its because Nigerians are not as loserly as the other groups.Hence less hostility from the whites.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Topman7: 5:33pm On May 17
Ever8090:
it went wrong the very day we got independence. Look at the calibar of criminals we produce as leaders every now and then.

No Nigerian past and present leaders, except for one or two individuals that can hold any public office in a sane society and I wonder when Nigerians will correct this mistake.

It has gotten soo far that the only two options left is either to divide the country or Nigerians steps out and start killing politicians and their relatives or else, nothing will change.....

It is because you’re conditioned to self hate that you think things began to go wrong “after independence”.

BEFORE INDEPENDENCE the literacy rate of Nigeria was 5%. (Contrast to 70% today).

Because the British looters built no public schools.

THAT IS WHY OUR GRANDPARENTS WERE ILLITERATE VILLAGE PEASANTS.

IT WAS INDEPENDENCE that led to black govts building THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of public schools nationwide, which educated your parents, who then ensured your education.

WITHOUT INDEPENDENCE YOU WOULD BE A VILLAGE PALMWINE TAPPER TODAY.

Fact.

PLUS THE BRITISH BUILT ZERO POWER STATIONS.

Our FIRST power station was KAINJI DAM commissioned in 1964 by Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa of blessed memory.

The colonialists had imported industrial generators to power Ikoyi and some GRAs their officials were staying around the country. The rest of Nigeria was in DARKNESS until Independence.

THE BRITISH BUILT NOT ONE SINGLE FULL FLEDGED UNIVERSITY IN THEIR 80 YEAR RULE despite exporting resources worth TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS CUMULATIVELY.

Today, in barely 60 years of independence, we have over 300 universities.

NOT ONE SINGLE INDUSTRY THE BRITISH BUILT.

NOT EVEN A SINGLE MAJOR HOSPITAL.

If you know of any, point and show us.

All they did in Nigeria was LOOT, LOOT, and LOOT.

It was Independence that SAVED US from them.

Without that Independence, NONE OF YOU WOULD BE HERE TYPING.

You would be stuck in your village farms, illiterate as bricks.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Blaze14k: 5:36pm On May 17
reiddecuti:
All I see here is jealousy.

On the other hand, no matter how sh*tty Nigeria is, it's still the most fun and interesting place to be.

N.B. It's time we start booting out all these bad eggs calling themselves leaders to sanitize the atmosphere.

Name me one thing he said that isn't true about Nigeria.
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Tianow: 5:37pm On May 17
Some people are just mad thinking they are in anyway superior to any other person. Why can't Harry visit Nigeria? They think their royals are better than Nigerian royals ?

Make them rest joor, they just wanna weep sentiment against Harry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by HRMK: 5:38pm On May 17
BUT THEN WHAT IS ROYAL ABOUT HARRY AND MEGHAN!THEY ARE NO MORE RECKONED WITH AT THE PALACE!
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Goke7: 5:39pm On May 17
mad people, but when the same Nigerian citizens bring in money into your country, una go collect am.

8 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by 9JAMac10: 5:41pm On May 17
Hahaha. Love the broken English analysis. Cold facts
othermen:
Dem visit no help strengthen di relationship between our country and UK, as di people wey follow dem come (Meghan and Harry too) no get any connection wit their country. So, dem no fit talk on top matter wey concern trade, defense, and cultural exchange because dem no get authority to do am.

So, wetin we gain from their visit?? E get global media attention on di couple, but where dem go when dem dey here? Dem show any fine place for di country wey fit make tourists wan come, promote our cultural heritage, and help small businesses and economy? No, dem no do am.

Dem say dey just come boost our soldiers morale. Soldiers wey no dey paid well, wey dem go lock up if dem protest when hungry wire dier head, many wounded soldiers wey dier benefits no fit even feed their children. Any advocacy for these ones? Dem bring any attention to their issues?

No!!! We just do parade of some soldiers, parading dem with smiles for his Invictus Games.

Abeg, dem no try.
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Topman7: 5:42pm On May 17
Blaze14k:

Name me one thing he said that isn't true about Nigeria.

But thousands of people are homeless beggars in the UK.

You go there and you have white beggars stopping you and asking you for “spare change”.

Most sleep on dirty pavements with trash around, and millions of people are jobless, while many are neck deep in debt.

All while a favoured group of people called ‘royals’ live in huge palaces filled with gold and silver, and own property worth billions of dollars.

SO BRITAIN IS A HORRIBLE PLACE WHICH NOBODY SHOULD VISIT BECAUSE OF THESE TERRIBLE THINGS AND GREAT INJUSTICE HAPPENING THERE.

Do you agree?

And if not, why not?

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by naptu2: 5:42pm On May 17

naptu2:
Sarah Ferguson (Fergie) almost had a mental breakdown because of constant harassment by the tabloids (especially the Daily Sun and the Daily Mirror).

They made fun of her weight and called her the "Duchess of Pork" instead of the Duchess of York. I remember reading a story in the Sun in which they claimed that she had sex with another man while she was pregnant with Princess Beatrice (by the way, I remember when Princess Beatrice was born. Everybody was talking about the significance of her birthday. She was born on the 8th day of the 8th month of 1988. Was it the 8th hour too?)

She and Prince Andrew travelled to California in 1988 and the British newspapers said that the trip was a, "brash, vulgar, excessive, weak-humored exhibition by two royals". However, officials of the City of Los Angeles said that the criticism was "awful" and offending, and observers described the Duke and his wife's behaviour as friendly, and said that they fulfilled their duties.

Cameramen from the tabloids followed her everywhere she went and took secret pictures of her. They tracked her to a private beach (after her separation from Prince Andrew) and took pictures of her while she was sunbathing topless on the beach.

I remember an interview that she gave a few years after the divorce. She said that she was relieved and she felt free because the media were no longer hounding her.

I guess that everybody knows what the media did to Princess Diana, so I'll only talk about one story that shocked me.

I got a copy of The Sun sometime between 1989 and 1992 and I saw an attention grabbing headline. I rushed to the story and I was shocked and disgusted.

This stupid paper had gone to William and Harry's school to monitor their activities. They reported that Harry said that he would hang someone when he becomes king and they also had reports about what Harry was doing in school.

These were primary school kids, for God' sakes! Primary school kids will say anything! But they tried to portray it as if it was some kind of serious issue. This could have scarred the kids for life!

I never took them seriously after that.

Fergie said that Diana gave her the strength and courage to get through the tough times.

You can see (in the pictures below) some of the nonsense that's being written about Meghan Markle. Do they actually expect her to cut off her baby bump when she's going out or what exactly is wrong with them?

Some people feel that the Daily Express is being racist, but I don't think that's the problem.

The Sun initially started attacking the Royal Family because Rupert Murdoch is a republican (in the Australian sense) and he wanted to discredit them.

However, they soon realised that it was a big boost to circulation. People would get offended by what The Sun wrote and other people would want to see what was so offensive in the story, so they would buy the paper and The Sun ended up making a lot of money that way.

I reckon that the Daily Express like the publicity (no publicity is bad publicity) and they expect that it will lead to more clicks and advertising revenue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Ever8090: 5:43pm On May 17
Topman7:

It is because you’re conditioned to self hate that you think things began to go wrong “after independence”.

BEFORE INDEPENDENCE the literacy rate of Nigeria was 5%.

Because the British looters built no public schools.

THAT IS WHY OUR GRANDPARENTS WERE ILLITERATE VILLAGE PEASANTS.

IT WAS INDEPENDENCE that led to black govts building THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of public schools nationwide, which educated your parents, who then ensured your education.

WITHOUT INDEPENDENCE YOU WOULD BE A VILLAGE PALMWINE TAPPER TODAY.

Fact.

PLUS THE BRITISH BUILT ZERO POWER STATIONS.

Our FIRST power station was KAINJI DAM commissioned in 1964 by Balewa.

THE BRITISH BUILT NOT ONE SINGLE FULL FLEDGED UNIVERSITY IN THEIR 80 YEAR RULE despite exporting resources worth TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS CUMULATIVELY.

NOT ONE SINGLE INDUSTRY.

NOT EVEN A SINGLE MAJOR HOSPITAL.

All they did in Nigeria was LOOT, LOOT, and LOOT.

It was Independence that SAVED US from them.

Without that Independence, NONE OF YOU WOULD BE HERE TYPING.

You would be stuck in your village farms, illiterate as bricks.

after building the schools and educating ourselves, here is where we are .do you have anything to show for our education?....

Let's take south Africa for instance, I am sure you are aware that, Nigeria is 10 times behind south Africa in terms of infrastructural and every aspect of development? . Who made it possible?...the whites I guess.

All that you listed up there, the schools,kanji dam.. etc, do we still have any useful one today?..the answer is "No"..our government owned schools are shit-holes, we can't boast of 1 hour steady power supply,..so you just tell me something different because the last time I checked, Nigeria was far better during the colonial period than even now. At least then, it was work in progress, but today what is our excuse?

As I said earlier and will always say, we have only two solutions to Nigeria problem...either we divide the country or the common man rise up and start killing Nigeria leaders and their relatives...

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Blaze14k: 5:47pm On May 17
Topman7:

But thousands of people are homeless beggars in the UK.

You go there and you have white beggars stopping you and asking you for “spare change”. Most sleep on dirty pavements with trash around, and millions of people are jobless, while many are neck deep in debt. All while a favoured group of people live in huge palaces filled with gold and silver, and own property worth billions of dollars.

SO BRITAIN IS A HORRIBLE PLACE WHICH NOBODY SHOULD VISIT BECAUSE OF THESE TERRIBLE THINGS AND GREAT INJUSTICE HAPPENING THERE.

Do you agree?

And if not, why not?

This is not the point you can't compare UK with Nigeria it's impossible. The guy said the absolute truth. I'm not saying it because tinubu us the president but compared to way Nigeria was, it worse now in terms of his point of view. I understand why prince harry and the wife visited Nigeria and there mission is accomplished at least she has identified with her roots. Besides that I don't see anyway both can be of good benefit to nigeria.

Besides have you visited England before? If yes tell your experience and were you visited

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Elidrisy20: 5:55pm On May 17
We need it ooo
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by thaoriginator: 5:56pm On May 17
O'Sullivan abi wetin be your PAPA name, thunder blast you white nyansh 💥 cry
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by drerocker: 5:57pm On May 17
promise4040:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-doesnt-deserve-royal-visit-uk-journalists-slam-harry-meghan-for-visiting-nigeria/
Stop taking drugs
Why did you people colonize us in d first place and who are u talk on behalf of uk
Visiting Nigeria make sense to him because e think far beta than u as the next kings

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Greenback: 6:06pm On May 17
Imagine if Peter Obi said the bolded below, imagine what those who call themselves patriots,who hates the truth,who say black is white would've done!

Nothing but the truth. I only pity Harry and Meghan!
The British people are so stiff in the way they criticise even their own. Can't they just be merciful unto Harry?!

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:13pm On May 17
Ijaya123:

You lack understanding of international politics.

If it was Kate Middleton that came visiting, his opinion would have been the direct opposite. British media are just a bunch of hypocrites.

He is attacking Nigeria because of the hatred he has for meghan and you’re here commenting on issue beyond you.

Thanks for this post.

Having read other comments before yours, I shook my head at the lack of knowledge being displayed via their comments.

They have absolutely no idea how salty, horrible and terrible the British media can be.

Once they hate someone, nothing the person does is good to them.

If it were King Charles or Prince Williams that visited, the wouldn't be salty with their analysis.

Once it's Prince Harry and Meghan, it's the opposite.

Nonsense and ingredient!

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by BuyMeBanger: 6:16pm On May 17
"a country where female genital mutilation is rife; where women’s rights basically don’t exist; and where hundreds of kids are regularly kidnapped by extremist Islamic groups"

He made the first two up right, specially the second one? The last I'll definitely give the colonizer that one, yep.
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:17pm On May 17
cococandy:

That goes to show how really racist, ignorant and hateful these new crop of British media people are.

I really side eye anyone who believed all the lies they were spewing against H&M

Another person who gets the negative hype about Prince Harry and Meghan by the British press.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by victorsola: 6:21pm On May 17
promise4040:
Honestly, we're losing it all in this country.

Nigeria with a population of over 200 million people should naturally be a place where people beg to visit. Rather, some thinks it even senseless to mention the name.

Where did it all go wrong with Nigeria?
when people will keeep demarketing there own country. Na why see finish dey . U guys will demarket ur own country and u will run to dem and Dey wil make you guys slaves .

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Goodman247: 6:25pm On May 17
Nigeria is a zoo that need to be sanitize
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by quinox947: 6:30pm On May 17
If we don't deserve it then go and call police
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by mmsen: 6:31pm On May 17
Queensfield:
Well. Nigerians shouldn't expect anything less. If any of the above-mentioned accusations is a lie, pls point it out before commenting with hateful, unremorseful words. Nigeria is the seat of tribalism, discriminatory, corruption, judicial incompetence, and fraud. Period.

How many women/girls do you know that have been subjected to genital mutilation or kidnapped at school?

How many murder victims do you personally know?

And how do you compare a city in Jo'burg to country when talking about stats? Jo'burg is much more dangerous than any city in Nigeria, at least south of Abuja. I can't speak to what's happening in the north right now but I doubt Kano, Kaduna et al. are anywhere near as dangerous as Jo'burg.

It's bad journalism and outright stupidity.

I don't much care for their royal family or any of their wahala but they should at least learn to be objective in their hatred.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by quinox947: 6:32pm On May 17
naptu2:
2019 post.
You too know book jare!
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by eedhrisademola(m): 6:32pm On May 17
[quote author=promise4040 post=130002617]

https://punchng.com/nigeria-doesnt-deserve-royal-visit-uk-journalists-slam-harry-meghan-for-visiting-nigeria.
NTOOR, DEY SHA DON COME AND GO. WAKA JEJE WAKA JEJE!
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by mipeesoft(m): 6:32pm On May 17
E remain small make those britiko journalists reminds us about the drugie president... grin grin grin
promise4040:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-doesnt-deserve-royal-visit-uk-journalists-slam-harry-meghan-for-visiting-nigeria/
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by eedhrisademola(m): 6:33pm On May 17
Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Madups(m): 6:34pm On May 17
Queensfield:
Well. Nigerians shouldn't expect anything less. If any of the above-mentioned accusations is a lie, pls point it out before commenting with hateful, unremorseful words. Nigeria is the seat of tribalism, discriminatory, corruption, judicial incompetence, and fraud. Period.
do you know the meaning of female genital mutilation?

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by Ikpongiton: 6:42pm On May 17
British,they are the ones that will armtwist and mislead you. They are the ones you will still go for solution and they will ill advise you and demonize at the end.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Royal Visit,’ UK Journalists Slam Harry & Meghan by jazzman7711: 6:45pm On May 17
Ever8090:
after building the schools and educating ourselves, here is where we are .do you have anything to show for our education?....

Let's take south Africa for instance, I am sure you are aware that, Nigeria is 10 times behind south Africa in terms of infrastructural and every aspect of development? . Who made it possible?...the whites I guess.

No, South Africa are not “10 times” ahead, even if they are ahead, you self hater. The reason they are ahead is that the white colonialists regarded it as ‘their country’, so they did not siphon all the export earnings to Europe, but invested some of it back into the country and built it up.

All that you listed up there, the schools,kanji dam.. etc, do we still have any useful one today?..the answer is "No"

They don’t exist again and you magically educated yourself. And the electricity you see comes from Planet Jupiter. Hateful liar.

our government owned schools are shit-holes

When last did you enter any school in Nigeria? Empty headed dropout. Thousands of Nigerians who attended those schools you are insulting are working in some of the highest paid jobs in the world today. Some might even be sending you money from abroad.

Your illiterate grandparents under colonialism had NO such reality.

we can't boast of 1 hour steady power supply,..

Demonic liar from hell.

so you just tell me something different because the last time I checked, Nigeria was far better during the colonial period than even now. At least then, it was work in progress, but today what is our excuse?

A nation of 5% literacy, malnutrition, no roads, no electricity, no phones, no industries, no universities, no banks, can NEVER be better than the Nigeria of today.

YOU COULD NOT SURVIVE IN 1950s Nigeria, so SHUT UP.

As I said earlier and will always say, we have only two solutions to Nigeria problem...either we divide the country or the common man rise up and start killing Nigeria leaders and their relatives...

Please 🙏 leave Nigeria.

We don’t need you. You are an embarrassment to us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Neutralize 3 Female Suicide Bombers In Gamboru, Borno State (Photos) / AFCON 2019: Sanwo-Olu Speaks On Funding FG’s Delegation To Egypt With $450m / Egypt To Deport 7 Nigerians Over End SARS Protest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.