Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (18072 Views)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / Jonathan Sacks EFCC Chairman, Farida Waziri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by TenKobo1: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2011
Farida should be arrested immediately and charged for corruption and conspiracy to defraud the nation.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Kulas: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2011
Will the new person be bold enough to confront the bigwigs in Nigeria's corrpution index?.Waziri is just a disgrace to EFCC and the nation in general.She did not even achieve one quarter of Ribadu's.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by BigMeat2: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2011
So our dictatorial president has finally grown pair of balls to sack the incompetent efcc boss.
Her sacking is long overdue, as this has been in the pipeline for sometime now.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Pukkah: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
manchy7531:

i have a feeling that this new EFCC angel wont make any difference.if am to believe waziri was sacked because of her cospiracy with Sylva then, this new efcc boss has just been appointed to obey orders and not to fight corruption.He is still acting though

X-factoria:

I got a classified gist that Madam Waziri was foot-dragging on the investigation of Timipriye Sylva and was probably covering up certain info that she has in her possession apparently because she had been paid by Sylva. Learnt Mr President felt Waziri was undermining his authority in the Sylva's case.

I don't know how true this is.

Big Meat:

So our dictatorial president has finally grown pair of balls to sack the incompetent efcc boss.
Her sacking is long overdue, as this has been in the pipeline for sometime now.

How independent is EFCC if its Chairman can be removed just like that? Was this not the way that Ribadu was removed and people screamed blue murder?  If we don't have a truly independent EFCC then what's the hope of winning the fight against corruption?  Waziri may not have performed well but we need to be careful about the integrity of processes and preservation of institutions.

It seems to me that it's easier to remove the EFCC Chairman than to remove the CBN Governor.  Which one of them, given the state of our nation, should be truly independent/autonomous?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by blackpanda: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2011
I dont understand, everyone seems to be condemning the woman but no one has any specific fact to show that she was corrupt. undecided
If she is so bad, pls GEJ should tell us what she did to warrant her being sacked, because as i recall, the National Assembly had threatened to punish the woman for attempting to bring Dimeji to book. This might just be an off shoot of that threat.
But as usual, most of you will much rather rely on rumours to justify someone's persecution
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Pukkah: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
Ten Kobo:

Farida should be arrested immediately and charged for corruption and conspiracy to defraud the nation.

On what basis should she be arrested for corruption and conspiracy? Do you have access to some information which is not publicly available?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by pheesayor(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
Mallam Nasir El Rufai's response on twitter

"Farida Waziri has been removed by GEJ before the expiration of her term. This is contrary to the EFCC Act and illegal. We must all stand up for rule compliance even if we do not like the victim. We stood up when Nuhu was similarly treated. It is wrong! Farida Waziri was the instrument of my years of persecution by Yar'Adua & GEJ. I don't like her. But that is personal, her removal illegal! The EFCC Act requires GEJ to show cause - insanity, incapacity, not in public interest, etc. No reasons given. She did not resign. WRONG!! All I am saying is that when leaders do not act in compliance with the law, we must question. It is Farida Waziri today. It will be you soon Let us not celebrate this because we think Farida is a scumbag. Let us stand up & question because of non-compliance with the EFCC Act. Farida's tenure is supposed to end in May 2012. My persecution started the day she took office. So I am not her advocate personally. Farida was neither competent nor honest. Trial by headlines was her landmark. Plea bargains with the corrupt her specialty. [/b]But Her tenure had not ended, & if it is to be prematurely terminated, it must be done in accordance with the law. [b]They did it to PCA Salami too .This GEJ administration revels in gross violating the law & surprised that Nigerians are resorting to taking the law into their own hands!! . When leaders break the law with impunity, they should expect that sooner or later, every citizen will join & settle disputes via self-help!!  "

http://pheesayor..com/2011/11/farida-waziri-sacked.html
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by ideylaff: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
Who say GEJ will not deliver, Boko harams and whatever they called them with their sponsors, GEJ will overcome you all. Haters go die. GEJ more of this, lets see why Nigeria will not change. Gradually you will get there

This is not a town dance move until we see people who have pilfered this Great nation prosecuted and behind bars,

Ds only looks like White House had enough of Faridah,  believe it or not they pull the strings and Jonathan just toes the line,

Things are still d same,  Lamorde I know has some good and tough sides to him, if they let him do his work well

Good luck to him if they confirm him sha, cos he don act b4 ,
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by bayleaf(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
i never trusted the woman. angry
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by stagger: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
I am not surprised. She was giving too many controversial interviews lately.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by ortopazz(m): 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
this news was long overdue, I MEAN she has achieved nothing as far as am concerned, just embarrassing herself, I wonder if she slept with her so called culprits
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by begwong: 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
Since her husband lost the senatorial elections in Gombe in April, she has been pestering the state.Now look at!
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by OmoTier1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
Can I just point out tht Lamorde is only ACTING as the chairman just like He did before and I am sure by the time GEJ the fisher comes back from Paris, we will get a new name sent to the Senate for Anoiting! Most likely another corrupt PDP prone chair!
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Kulas: 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
The only person that can FIGHT CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA at present is Buhari.Though i voted for GEJ,but i begin to realize that Buhari is the only person that can wipe out corruption in Nigeria.How i wish Buhari is the  EFCC chairman.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by teskyg: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
She didn't achieved any result while at helm of affairs in EFCC.She was busy making headlines.We were all this country when Ribadu was the Chairman and did a very good job.She throw away an opportunity to make things right in this country.We can blame our weak Judiciary system too but then the Onus lay on EFCC to properly investigate and higher competent Attorneys to prosecutes corrupt officials.I don't think EFCC won any case under her .How long does she wants to remain there to get the job done?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Kcwarren: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
hmmm! GOLD DEALER GONE and REPLaCED by A SHOE SHINER! Wch korupshun are deh fighting?[color=#770077][/color]
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by ortopazz(m): 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
i dont blame her, it is this if a man can do something  a woman will do worse that was her problem
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by kooto(m): 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
sack waziri no problem, but will this woman from nowhere come to that position and collect this serious bribes people are talking about without somebody who has been there before giving her the courage to do it! this lamorde as been there since the time of ribadu & he is a policeman, ok let us wait & see what will happen, if he will be better than tafa balogun.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Demdem(m): 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
Good riddance to be honest however was it done well within the laws. I think Nuhu Ribadu has a point in that release of his.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by ortopazz(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
gEJ is right if na this one all of you saying it is illegal biz to sack her i guess you hit ur head, bankole after  everything they apologized, OTUNBA AFTER EVERYTHING WAS ASKED TO PAY 500MILLION NAIRA AN AMOUNT HE REMOVED FROM HIS LAST CHILD'S ACCOUNT, AND THE LIST GOES ON AND THEN SOME OF YOU ARE SMOKING YA TEETH IN THIS FORUM?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by teskyg: 1:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
@pheesayor.See who is advocating for rule of Law.El-Rufai?We have not forgotten in a hurry his antecedent while he was in office.Penchant disregards to Court order was his hobby.Why would she be allowed to complete her tenure if she didn't perform?Would he allow and Incompetent Manager to run his Business and complete his tenure if the business is not making profit?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
Hmmmmnn, everybody seems to be condemning her now, hyprocritical Nigerians.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by doctokwus: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2011
Nigerians,typical spur of d moment reactions.No one has told us why she had to b removed b4 d expiration of her tenure& some people are applauding;how ar we sure it wasn't for selfish reasons,Sylva as incompetent as he was was edged out of d pdp governorship& we had no right to know why.Waziri may av underperformed,but Ribadu b4 her was used as a tool of persecution by Obasanjo& many applauded when he was carryin out his masters selfish agenda.There is no guarantee that Waziri's successor won't come wt his/her variant of incompetence,not until d appointment of d EFCC boss is taken out of d executive purview of d pres will we c d kind of EFCC we want.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by sartorius(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
this is great, i hope lamorde would keep up to expectations. welldone Gej
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by ortopazz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
THEY SHOULD ASK HER IF SHE IS STILL INTRESTED, TRUST NAIJA WOMAN NA, SHE WILL REPLY

''WELL IF MY PEOPLE CALL ME I WILL SERVE MY FATHERLAND, IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO AS LONG AS I AM NIGERIAN, I WILL STRIVE TO BE A PATRIOT''
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2011
Lol, u knw it
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Baawaa(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2011
if you know how it works here, u will agree with me that nigeria can boast of federal thieves, state thieves and local govt thieves.
under the much talked about ribadu, we heard of local and state thieves who were jailed but non of the federal political thieves was jailed but this woman was able to jail a federal thief in the name of bode george so i credit her for that.
many of us here are calling for her probe and i ask myself, where are you from? what kind of brain system are using?
who probed ribadu? who investigate ribadu? this same jonathan cancelled all charges and cases established against ribadu and granted him presidential pardon and we were all deaf and dumb then only to turn talkatives now that a woman is involved.
shame to us nigerians as we live the lives of hypocrites and partial judges.
i know many of us were expecting another ribadu that will over look our main criminals and continue making noise on tvs and radios.
who among us here will doubt the fact that the highest level of corruption in the history of man here in nigeria,was recorded during the time of ribadu/obasanjo?

You hav no single point frm dis rubbish u typed,Ribadu was more active than dis ur mummy or daddy's woman friend!!!!If u need fact,go and get d speech Gani Fawehinmi maks about EFFC then
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by kokoA(m): 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
wow! where did uncle jona get the liver from? grin grin Am impressed!
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by zenus(m): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
Jonathan fires Waziri, replaces her with Lamorde as Acting EFCC Chairman - Thisday
23 Nov 2011

Former EFCC Chairman, Farida Waziri
From Ahamefula Ogbu in Abuja
President Goodluck Jonathan has relieved the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Chairman, Farida Waziri, of her appointment and replaced her with Director of Operations during the era of Malam Nuhu Ribadu, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde
Lamorde, according to a statement from the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, will remain in acting capacity pending confirmation by the Senate.
The Statement also said that by the appointment of Lamorde which takes immediate effect, Waziri is effectively relieved of her appointment. No reason was given for the change.
“President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the appointment of Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde as the Acting Chairman/Chief Executive of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
“The appointment takes immediate effect, and effectively relieves Mrs. Farida Waziri of her position as EFCC Chairman. Mrs. Waziri was appointed EFCC Chairman by Late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua on May 18, 2008 and confirmed by the Senate on May 27, 2008.
“Mr. Lamorde, an officer of the Nigeria Police, was, until this appointment the Director of Operations of the EFCC. He was also Ag. Chairman of the EFCC before Mrs. Waziri assumed duty at the Commission”, the three paragraph statement said.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Soundmind(m): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
Good, very good. She was working with a snail speed in the office.
Farida, go go go go goooooo!
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by aribisala0(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2011
should the president be able to fire the EFCC chairman
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by kasiem(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
i would not be surprised to see this woman running to acn, and at the end of the day they'll tell us how she salvaged nigeria from the hands of gbenga daniel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MACBAN: We Want Criminals Flushed Out Of Forests / Jonathan Approved N80bn Special Funds For Sambo Dasuki / Aminu Tukur: Buhari Won’t Get 50% Of Votes In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.