Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (18071 Views)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / Jonathan Sacks EFCC Chairman, Farida Waziri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by cristog120: 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2011
gentlemen this woman has been dragging many thieves to court.has anyone asked what the judges do with these criminals.she has the power to arrest but the rest is left for the judges.our judges are so corrupt and inefficient.they are even afraid of convicting a rich criminal but the poor can bag 200+ years jail term as i read it happen in kaduna dis yr.may God help us
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Skii(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
doctokwus:

Nigerians,typical spur of d moment reactions.No one has told us why she had to b removed b4 d expiration of her tenure& some people are applauding;how ar we sure it wasn't for selfish reasons,Sylva as incompetent as he was was edged out of d pdp governorship& we had no right to know why.Waziri may av underperformed,but Ribadu b4 her was used as a tool of persecution by Obasanjo& many applauded when he was carryin out his masters selfish agenda.There is no guarantee that Waziri's successor won't come wt his/her variant of incompetence,not until d appointment of d EFCC boss is taken out of d executive purview of d pres will we c d kind of EFCC we want.

I wonder on what basis Sylvia's incompetence was judged? GEJ must be running on a different set of metrics
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by manchy7531: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
The northerners seem to have the highest Failures when it comes to political appointments.could it be due to poor educational system/background in the north?Really it's a serious case and i need answers.

I don't even need to talk about the past northern leaders cos they are the worst leaders Africa has ever produced. its just a pity.

since democracy started in Nigeria,i don't know any Northerner that have really performed his/her duties with a pass mark of 5 on a scale of 10 except the likes of

El Rufia- 5

Ribadu- 5

Sanusi- 6 but his bigotry has spoited his credential and that has earned him 4

The rest have all been failures,(maybe because they are been appointed based on quota system,nepotism and one north instead of merit).

Idiots!(we need to see that they have what it takes to take Nigeria to the promise land but that will be after 30yrs and if Nigeria happens to be one by that time,which i don't see or pray for)
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by walcolm(m): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2011
its good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Ukpekeson(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2011
she is good to go
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by omo9ja1(m): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
The post require a ruthless action person like Ribadu, Buhari
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by lifestyle1(m): 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
What's her achievement ? How many corrupt officials were convicted under her administration ? what's nest for her ? most a police officer be in charge ? why not a military or naval officer ? I have too many question in my head,
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Drlumi: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
Great move, though done in a completely inappropriate way.

http://kudizone.com/blog/2011/11/23/farida-waziri-left-it-behind/
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by luvtoyota(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2011
cristog120:

gentlemen this woman has been dragging many thieves to court.has anyone asked what the judges do with these criminals.she has the power to arrest but the rest is left for the judges.our judges are so corrupt and inefficient.they are even afraid of convicting a rich criminal but the poor can bag 200+ years jail term as i read it happen in kaduna dis yr.may God help us

Couldn't agree more with you , cristog120 . This woman took Dimeji Bank-ole to court with evidence of corruption , the judge gave him bail and he rented his official residence as speaker , which he bought for 100m for 400m to the NASS , Same residence was renovated with 600m during his tenure . The most corrupt arm of government is the judiciary . Farida dragged so many thieves to court but the judges collected money and freed them . The EFCC is not a court , they investigate and arraign thieves . Lamorde will be worse off , is he not a product of the Nigerian police ? What do you expect from him ? Another invitation to come and join us chop from GEJ . Nigeria as it is , is a failed state . Only a revolution , like it happened in the middle east can save NIGERIA .  Somebody was even quoting El-rufai , somebody that sold all Abuja land to his friend , wives , girlfriends and daughters !!!  He has the gall to criticize GEJ , Because his is no longer enjoying free money . A PEOPLE DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERSHIP THEY TOLERATE . DOCILE NIGERIANS , JUST TALK TALK TALK . NO ACTION . LET'S START A MOVEMENT OF THE PEOPLE .
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by vitality22(m): 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
Timipre Sylva, you don enter very very big trouble. This new EFCC chair is specifically for you. GEJ is now ready to deal with you very well. Just resign and run to America or any arab country ooo. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Rafelo01: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
It would have been a good one if it was done objectively but alas!it was political.i suspected that the madam declined to pursue some unethical arrest.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by EkoIle1: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2011
Who cares? The sorry
Situation remains the same until institutiolized corruption from top to bottom is taken care of.

EFCC is just a pathetic side show and smoke screen.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by dustydee: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2011
Good riddance. I hope we have a better person.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Nosyke(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
First Boko Haram Bursted
Today Farida Waziri. Well I think it's a good move because She, either by omission or Commission  changed  E.F.C.C. from Economic and Financial Crimes Commision to   ENJOY FREE CASH CONTROL.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by manchy7531: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
First Boko Haram Bursted
Today Farida Waziri.

I smell something fishy,maybe there is a connection between boko-haram and her leadership in EFCC who know??
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by oka1bct: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
To Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, all we demand is that either bring our corrupt officials to justice or take justice down to our corrupt official. please let justice be down and spare no one.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Doluseun(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2011
Lamorde, a police officer againnn.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by doctokwus: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
manchy7531:

The northerners seem to have the highest Failures when it comes to political appointments.could it be due to poor educational system/background in the north?Really it's a serious case and i need answers.

I don't even need to talk about the past northern leaders cos they are the worst leaders Africa has ever produced. its just a pity.

since democracy started in Nigeria,i don't know any Northerner that have really performed his/her duties with a pass mark of 5 on a scale of 10 except the likes of

El Rufia- 5

Ribadu- 5

Sanusi- 6 but his bigotry has spoited his credential and that has earned him 4

The rest have all been failures,(maybe because they are been appointed based on quota system,nepotism and one north instead of merit).

Idiots!(we need to see that they have what it takes to take Nigeria to the promise land but that will be after 30yrs and if Nigeria happens to be one by that time,which i don't see or pray for)
I wonder whc criteria u used in scoring.El Rufai 5!I laff in kwale,that guy was a key factor to d bastardisation of abuja,he makes so much noise now& people have 4gotten his horrible time as fct minister.
U also inferred that southerNers av done betta dan northerners,ah ah,pls show us proof,incompeteNce over the years has shown it has no geographical or ethnic coloration in nigeria,its a disease that is showing no sign of relieving us anytime soon
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by musiwa43: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
corruption is not nigeria problem, Ethnicity is nigeria major problem. what we call corruption is mostly considered as commission over here. Companies pay staff percentages for business or sale they bring into their companies. and they have profit sharing . But in Nigeria there are nothing like this.

Look if you take microsoft for example. microsoft staff are three billionaires and 12,000 millionaires from Microsoft employees, There is no company in Nigeria that allows this. you dont have in your law.

the problem is most of your senators, governor and president are not well expose people. this is the main problem.

Like the issue of fuel sudsidy. this is something. I will solve in less than 1 second if I am president . honest; something about nigera make me laugh. so your government saying corruption is your problem is not. Ethnicity is nigeria number one problem.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by McAdem: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
Honestly speaking am short of words,people are now clamouring for someone like Ribadu,whom many were against initially for media hype on corrupt officials and for selective prosecution.NO ONE CAN SATISFY NIGERIANS.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by cristog120: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
McAdem:

Honestly speaking am short of words,people are now clamouring for someone like Ribadu,whom many were against initially for media hype on corrupt officials and for selective prosecution.NO ONE CAN SATISFY NIGERIANS.

seconded
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by jamace(m): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
The judiciary is the obstacle to fighting corruption in Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Akintola11(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2011
I think this move is LONG overdue. I have just read this article which sheds some much needed light on her inability to achieve anything tangible::

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/overdue-surprise-efcc-sacked-waziri

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/overdue-surprise-efcc-sacked-waziri
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
I read somewhere she is a loud mouth.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by tlops(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
good one
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by Akiika: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
OMG, what a monumental loss, with her skills at getting settled to enable soft landing for the polilooters? Files go begin loss now for EFCC office and of course we'll start hearing no enough evidence to prosecute, blah! blah!! blah!!!
Her Northern godfathers aren't coperating with oga Jona. again. Boko Haram problem is too much headache.
But, she isn't the only incompetent public officer, what about Afiz Ringim?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by muyoto: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2011
vitality22:

Timipre Sylva, you don enter very very big trouble. This new EFCC chair is specifically for you. GEJ is now ready to deal with you very well. Just resign and run to America or any arab country ooo. A word is enough for the wise.

if the new EFCC chiar were to immediately begin attacking TS, don't you think people will see it as a clear case of political witch-hunt, a move that could further tarnish the fast decling profile of GEJ?
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by muyoto: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
Akiika:

she isn't the only incompetent public officer, what about Afiz Ringim?

Abeg, helep me ask them. . .
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by CasCas2: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2011
Madam Plea Bargain!!! Gone for good. EFCC has shown lack of competence in prosecution of cases.

This is their normal work flow:

1. Receive petition
2. Call the culprit and ask him to take off
3. Declare him wanted (enough media noise)
4. After looong delay, he shows up
5. Arrainged
6. Obtain bail (same guy that was on the run gets a bail)
7. Investigation starts
8. One year later, amend charges
9. Negotiate a plea bargain
10. Culprit Organises a thanksgiving!!!
Case closed!!
cool cool cool cool
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by kelvincoll(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
The judiciary is the obstacle to fighting corruption in Nigeria.

True talk, they re yet to realize how much they can contribute to uphold true democracy void of corrupt thieves under the auspices of politicians and public administrators
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by ltd(m): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
This Mr. Lamorde needs prayers. He was the acting chairman before the now ex-chair was appointed. Lets see what he does.
Re: EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! by BigB11(m): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
We've seen this movies before.
This move simply means "Waziri has made enough money, it is now time for Ibrahim Lamorde to shine"

Nigeria will not move forward until dedicated, sincere and competent leaders take over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Support Our Troops Not The Terrorists / New Naira: 10 States Ask Supreme Court To Void Buhari’s Directive / MACBAN: We Want Criminals Flushed Out Of Forests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.