Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! (1079 Views)

The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje / Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by IrunmoleD1: 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
Nairalanders, There was a topic that was posted today about Nigerians taking to the streets if the fuel subsidy is eventually removed. A lot of responses was that Nigerians are cowards. Some people are even laughing like OBJ wey still dey laf.

I believe this is an opportunity to enforce some changes and demonstrate the power of the masses to those ruling. For majority of the people on Naira land to say WE Nigerians are cowards is a reflection of the perception of those ruling. I strongly believe this is not accurate!! I believe Nigerians are extremely resilient, smart and creative people.

This is the time to put that resilience to use to enforce some fundamental changes in our system. The ruling class have succeeded in creating acrimony amongst us in terms of Christians vs Muslims, Boko Haram vs Nigerians, Hausa vs Ibo vs Yoruba vs other minority, the employed vs the unemployed e.t.c. But our main focus should have been the Ru-lee vs the Ruler. If the fuel subsidy is removed I guess you all know the consequences. Why is is so difficult to check those benefitting from the huge money the government claim to be spending on subsidy? Or are the invincible principalities and powers? I tayaooo!

Fela said if you want to stop to be suffer head, you must be ready to fight for am o. I add, we must be ready to change the perception that Nigerians are cowards (say we no get liver). I believe government have already made up their minds about the fuel subsidy, what they doing now is mere Nollyhood movie. We know what the ending will be. We live in information/digital age, in fact there is information overload and we must use this to our advantage.

If the fuel subsidy is removed let everybody in major cities in Nigeria bring out their cars and park it on major roads in that city. Imagine the site of 1000 vehicles on each sides of Thirdmainland bridge or lekki expressway. LASTMA go toe vehicle till the can toe no more. Put this message on tweeter, facebook blackberry, even Nigeria newspaper and all social networks. Let us use technology to our advantage.

Lastly let all the human right Lawyers be ready to defend those that will be arrested if the government behave their usual.

Let us show these people that we are no cowards, let us put our resilience into creative use, let us use our "suffering and smiling" reputation to demonstrate to the ruling class that the power belong to us.

Long live Nigeria, My Country!!!
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by PointB: 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2011
I hope the cars you will park on the highway has good tires, side mirror, jack, and other accessories that can be easily removed. Otherwise you won't recognize the car by the time area boys finished dealing with it.

Some of those cars will certainly go up in flames before the end of day 1.
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by IrunmoleD1: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
PointB:

I hope the cars you will park on the highway has good tires, side mirror, jack, and other accessories that can be easily removed. Otherwise you won't recognize the car by the time area boys finished dealing with it.

Some of those cars will certainly go up in flames before the end of day 1.

The choice is yours. Your car go up in flames or the whole country go up in flames if no action is taken. You can sit down think up all the flaws or how it's not possible. Robbers and area boys hijacked Nigerian politics because "learned" people think it is dirty. The choice is yours, to have a "controlled" protest or an all out confusion whiere the good tires and side mirrors or even your "clean" car will be irrelevant.

Bros, all ideas are welcome. The fact is something must be done to check the rulling class
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by moderatorr: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
see 4 bulldozer at the other side of the bridge throwing cars into the water beneath.
See 500 anti terror police men running after 20 fuel subsidy removal car owners.

See news headline the next day#
police kill 4 captures 3 boko haram members and foils a plot to bomb 3rd mainland bridge.
The SSS has promised to bring to book all those involved.
Smh
instead of profering solutions or letting labour do its job, you want to cause mayhem.
Meanwhile the government is working hard to reform all sectors of the economy and you are trying to be anti nigerian, you think you are in egypt revolting against a 32yr old tenure.
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by PointB: 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2011
Blaming every problem on the ruling class is very simplistic. What have you done for yourself?
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by IrunmoleD1: 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
moderatorr:

see 4 bulldozer at the other side of the bridge throwing cars into the water beneath.
See 500 anti terror police men running after 20 fuel subsidy removal car owners.

See news headline the next day#
police kill 4 captures 3 boko haram members and foils a plot to bomb 3rd mainland bridge.
The SSS has promised to bring to book all those involved.
Smh
instead of profering solutions or letting labour do its job, you want to cause mayhem.
Meanwhile the government is working hard to reform all sectors of the economy and you are trying to be anti nigerian, you think you are in egypt revolting against a 32yr old tenure.

Then I'll say you'll need a lot of bulldozers to for Ikorodu road, Mobolaji Bank Anthony way, lekki expressway e.t.c.

Since you're talking about Labour doing their work, how about sugesting that Labour insist on 200k per month minimum wage which is even less than the minimum wage in UK. If we will be paying international prices for fuel, we can as well collect international minimum wage. How about that? cool

PointB:

Blaming every problem on the ruling class is very simplistic. What have you done for yourself?
Thanks very much for the question. I provide for myself electrical power since the government power is never dependable, I provide myself with borehole since the public water is never available, I managed to fixed my car after it ran into a pothole along Lagos Ibadan expressway, I had to pay vigilante levies for security, the list goes on and on. The rulling class needs to be on their toes to provide good governance and basic amenities for people. And if you guys think we're ok as we are then there is big problem!!
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by moderatorr: 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
since those guys lost the elections they have been doing everything to stop the country.
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by PointB: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^^
It's a vain wish.
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by dustydee: 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
@OP, Don't worry about protesting cos the masses are in support of this government. So I guess you are in the minority. Just endure ehn? it will be well. Good luck and have Patience till 2015
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by ugosly(m): 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
Well, lets wait and see, I believe it could swing either way(violent protest or siddon look) as Nigerians are very unpredictable.
Whoever thought third term agenda would be history,
I do hav a firm conviction that the many unemployed and idle young people will volunteer their time,nevertheless lets just wait till GEJ push dat button.
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
[size=14pt]so now subsidy has been removed, what has happened. No amount of street protest will make them change the removal
can't u see Nigeria is getting better? Fuel subsidy is a thing for non-oil producing economies and not for the 6th largest producing economy it was a thing of shame having subsidy in our budget all these years

We should think ahead[/size]
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by otokx(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
fresh air
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by kokoA(m): 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
n.oxide:

[size=14pt]so now subsidy has been removed, what has happened. No amount of street protest will make them change the removal
can't u see Nigeria is getting better? Fuel subsidy is a thing for non-oil producing economies and not for the 6th largest producing economy it was a thing of shame having subsidy in our budget all these years

We should think ahead[/size]

May God forgive you angry angry
Re: They Said We Are Cowards! Nothing Will Happen If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed! by IrunmoleD1: 11:51am On Jan 11, 2012
We are no cowards!!! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Cnn:what Is Behind Nigeria Fuel Protests? / Oyo,gombe,kaduna,kano Governments Impose Curfew? / Abdul Qaqa An Igala Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.