Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,772 members, 7,848,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash (14598 Views)

26-Year-Old Corper Sanni Mariam, Passengers, Driver Die In Imo Road Accident / Four Die, Others Injured In Third Mainland Bridge Crash / No Survivor In Lekki Fatal Accident As Seven Youths Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by MaziObinnaokija: 8:33am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]
Thank God I'm an introvert undecided
By 7 I'm already in my room tucked up watching series with my ice cream chocolate and popcorn. I hate anything night hangout

R.i.p to the dead
Morning,afternoon/evening nkoh? Nah by HIS Grace ooo not that u dey inside ur room

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Orinechi: 8:36am On May 19
Most of those trailer drivers are always on drugs. The authorities are not ready to tackle their excesses maybe cos their owner are the big boys in the society. By the time we are ready,this kind of news will be heard sparingly in this country. Test the driver, check if on drugs, then send him to 10yrs in prison and all these accidents will reduce drastically

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by YouAreNobody: 8:37am On May 19
donleo92:
that road na death trap...

from imsu junction down to orji am so scared when I ply that road. coupled with the fact that drivers are always driving very fast.

The road is wide so drivers tend to speed there. I dey blow 120 regularly there

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by chidi2003(m): 8:37am On May 19
Curious345:
Very sad Indeed .
I heard it was a Dangote truck .and I am poised to ask if this is not another form of Islamic jihad .

We remember a bomb loaded petrol truck was used to perpetrate the first suicide bomb attack in Nigeria on the police headquarters in Abuja . It was an Islamic terrorits attack
Stop creating unnecessary panic - with your statement!
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by InvertedHammer: 8:38am On May 19
/
You see some trailers on the road and one can't help but wonder what exactly are the duties of Road Safety (FRSC).

/

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by YouAreNobody: 8:38am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]
By 7 I'm already in my room tucked up watching series with my ice cream chocolate and popcorn. I hate anything night hangout

R.i.p to the dead

It can happen at any time
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by jaydeevaa(f): 8:42am On May 19
when Nigeria begins to arrest and prosecute traffick offenders, we'll then have less reports on accident. Most Nigerian road drivers are lawless to the very last cut. Overspeeding, driving against traffic, wrong overtaking, wrong parking, to mention but a few have become the order of the day.No caution, no respect for other road users. FRSC and others are now more focused on checking vehicle documents than monitoring the driving culture of drivers.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:43am On May 19
So sad
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by NOBLE179(m): 8:43am On May 19
quite unfortunate. r.I.p to the dead, and quick recovery to other casualties. only God can help us.
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by john1101(m): 8:48am On May 19
AlphaNugget:
20+ deaths!!!

It was at that Imsu Junction, break failure happened!

Dangote truck drivers should be made to undergo severe mental evaluation.....cos WTF!!!

I narrowly escaped been part of the dead, Omo......small thing I for don RIP....small thing ohh.

Jesus

You know no body can escape death, you me your likes anybody, gets us all eventually, your guardian angel was on overdrive to prevent yours for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by 3ice9ce: 8:49am On May 19
Curious345:
Next time the op should include it was. Dangote truck .. nairaland shouldn't be seen to acting petty

Look at the picture of that tanker. Does it look like a Dangote truck in your eyes?
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by ugodson(m): 8:53am On May 19
Beremx:
That junction needs a traffic light. I'm sure there were no traffic warders. Crossing that road down to Orji Okigwe road was a death trap during my school days at IMSU. Not even a pedestrian bridge is available.
RIP to the dead

Madam there is traffic light there, how many Nigerian people obey traffic light when is after 9pm in Nigeria when officers has gone home

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by pikechukwu6(m): 8:55am On May 19
May their souls rest in Peace...May God Almighty protest us!
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by highchief1: 9:00am On May 19
mightyhazel:
Death toll was UpTo 20..my younger brother works at imsu

Kids that's just rounded up their exams..

What a world
what
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Sacroscant1: 9:00am On May 19
I love Your Write Up.
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Sacroscant1: 9:01am On May 19
God Have Mercy!!!
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Golan007: 9:04am On May 19
May their souls rest in peace πŸ™πŸΎ.
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Curious345: 9:04am On May 19
Show me
3ice9ce:

Look at the picture of that tanker. Does it look like a Dangote truck in your eyes?
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Zonefree(m): 9:12am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]

R.i.p to the dead
To stay in your house means nothing to death when it's your time.

Read below.

DaddyGngeess:
May their soul rest in peace, a neighbor died in my car yesterday on our to hospital

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Beremx(f): 9:13am On May 19
ugodson:

Madam there is traffic light there, how many Nigerian people obey traffic light when is after 9pm in Nigeria when officers has gone home
it is well o!!
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by erico2k2(m): 9:14am On May 19
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Cj4charles(m): 9:18am On May 19
ignis:
Bad driver and bad road
Bad road is not the cause, IMSU junction road is good and wide enough.. The round about Rochas built which would have prevented it was removed by these recent government and those bus drivers are the cause... let's stop putting everything on road when you don't know how that place is
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Reality3080: 9:28am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]

R.i.p to the dead
so are u saying it can’t happen during d day?
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by uzoka12(m): 9:31am On May 19
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Achoghim: 9:32am On May 19
First of all, the truck owner should be sued by the victims families for the wrongful deaths of their loved ones, while the driver is arrested and tried for criminal negligence and manslaughter. Before that, his license and blood alcohol level should be checked. Then, the government of Imo state should do something to avert such a sad occurrence in the future. If it is putting up a pedestrian bridge, constructing a motor park and stopping buses from loading by the wayside, erecting traffic lights and permanently stationing traffic managers there to help direct traffic.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Sccarrr: 9:32am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]

R.i.p to the dead
u no get sense ..even inside your room u fit fall and die just like that.

R.i.p to the victims
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Krankhead: 9:40am On May 19
Where is the chief Mourner Mr Gbajue
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by CJStarz: 9:41am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]

R.i.p to the dead
You're not safe because you're always at home, inside your room by 7pm! People have died while staying inside their houses.
Safety is of the Lord.
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Cutehector(m): 9:59am On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
[b][/b]

R.i.p to the dead
its not because you are an introvert.. We have had cases where a bullet pierced through the ceiling and hit someone while the person was inside her room.

Whether you go out, or is indoors, or eating etc..pray for grace.
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by Cutehector(m): 10:03am On May 19
Beremx:
That junction needs a traffic light. I'm sure there were no traffic warders. Crossing that road down to Orji Okigwe road was a death trap during my school days at IMSU. Not even a pedestrian bridge is available.
RIP to the dead
lol.. Failure of brakes does not regard traffic warders.

Probably the trailer was coming from orji and you know the road from orji down to imsu is a slopy road.. So even if there are traffic warders and we have a case of failed brake, it'll still crush people or cars regardless.
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by AskNgige2: 10:12am On May 19
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
What a sad way to exit an already evil world...

More reasons why I always go down on my knees to praise God when I get home after every successful road-hustle,cuz no be me sabi ride pass..... Neither am I the one that God loves the most nor am I the only one who rides more carefully.....Na just by the grace of God πŸ™.

Rip to Dem...So sad already..
This is just the 411
Re: Tragedy As Seven Die, Others Injured In Imo Road Crash by AskNgige2: 10:14am On May 19
AlphaNugget:
20+ deaths!!!

It was at that Imsu Junction, break failure happened!

Dangote truck drivers should be made to undergo severe mental evaluation.....cos WTF!!!

I narrowly escaped been part of the dead, Omo......small thing I for don RIP....small thing ohh.

Jesus
Thank God for you bro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed / Tanker Burning Along Ore-Lagos Expressway - Bishops10 / LASG Announces Diversion Of Traffic On Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.