Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,139 members, 7,863,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Education Is Nigeria Is Crashing/solution To This Nemesis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Is Nigeria Is Crashing/solution To This Nemesis (601 Views)

Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) / You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. / The Nigerian Standard Of Education Is High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Is Nigeria Is Crashing/solution To This Nemesis by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
Here is a link why Jamb should be eliminated.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376064.0.html

I have come to conclusion that this examination body should be eliminated out of our educational sector.

This JAMB is a BIG scam, they are just using this means to generate funds, do you know how many students out there are frustrated because of this exams?

Approx 2 million candidates takes this exams yearly and only 300,000 candidates are been granted admission. What's going to happen to the rest? A whole wasted year.

I mean this just totally unaccepted, the exam been set are of high standard; this questions are so difficult that most of the students find it hard to pass the exam that is why they engage themselves in this act.

Abroad, you don't conduct exams to students about what they are not been taught.

This situation has caused so many students to divert their originated course of study.
e.g. someone is willing to study chemical engineer but because of this examination board, he/she will be forced to study sociology.

Universities are allowed to conduct entrance exam to test their fitness and IQ if they are fit and capable to enter the university which is optional.

This is the reason why most Nigerians now flew to Ghana to further their education because the education sector here is collapsing.

Most lecturers in the tertiary institution here are outdated, they belong to the early 80's.

This guys needs to be flushed out, imagine a lecturer teaching computer science students FORTRAN Programming taught in the 80's instead of teaching, HTML, PHP, JAVA etc.

I mean when this students graduate, they are just bunch of dumbos who
can't even program a website, and they become useless to themselves and the society. who do you put the blame on? the students? I will definitely blame the lecturer? What about other faculties, I know for sure they'll be some lapses.

Solution:
The Federal Government needs to eradicate JAMB, import expatriates from foreign countries or Nigerian in diaspora to come here and contribute and help develop the educational system.

I mean in other countries, most universities still do employ lectures from other countries.

Case of Study
The Bokom Haram: the security intelligence has got no equipment and knowledgeable training to tackle this terrorist.

There's nothing the president can do because he's not the security, then he blames the the security intelligence, the security intelligence blames the workers, the workers blames they were no adequate infrastructure, by the end of the day. Nobody is to be blame,
so who eventually is the cause of this loops? the FG because the security had no knowledgeable idea to tackle the task.

And when the educational system collapses which is the basics and fundamental of a economy which will generate the future leaders to make impact in the society, then the economy itself begin to crash.

This is LOGICAL

I'm beginning to think if this sector is not well addressed then I'm so sorry for Nigeria, it will continue to crash until who knows?

What do you folks think?

Lets hear your own view of opinion.
Re: Education Is Nigeria Is Crashing/solution To This Nemesis by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
It seems people often visit the Education Section

Anybody there

(1) (Reply)

Indian Education Admission Open 2012-13 / ASUU Suspends Strike / Cheapest Product And Services In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.