Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,869 members, 7,848,527 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution (14167 Views)

Tragic : Man Kills Wife And Two Sons For Noise Making / Police Officers Shuts Down Shoprite, Lekki. Stop Criminals From Vandalizing It / Help A Brother With Contact Of Authorized Authorities For Noise Pollution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Xox1945(m): 8:49am On May 20
Check well no be Yoruba person get the restaurant.
Yoruba bigot 5&6
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Topbranding01: 8:49am On May 20
Sam42222:
You guys in Lagos are complaining only us. In the north vno what we are facing : sad na Neva see anything grin
lol Wahala everywhere for 9ja
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Rejouir: 8:49am On May 20
I don't understand if RCCG is immune to the eyes of these lagos govt enforcement agencies.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Exousiang01(m): 8:50am On May 20
Churches will keep Speaker outside, while the members are inside.

I don't understand Africans.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by TGreatGatsby: 8:50am On May 20
BarrElChapo:

That's how people who go to Zion ministry bark when they make their crude demonic prayers 😁

Dem suppose close anything noise making + church + mosque. E b like na only herbalist dey coded do dem thing for night

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Attempt: 8:51am On May 20
Righthussle:
Churches and mosques are a menace to humanity

Agreed. But, when I was jobless it was this same church that help me find job, now I can feed my wife and children with three perfect square meal everyday!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by BarrElChapo(m): 8:53am On May 20
TGreatGatsby:

Dem suppose close anything noise making + church + mosque. E b like na only herbalist dey coded do dem thing for night

😁
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Ibile77(m): 9:04am On May 20
richiemcgold:
How I wish we have a similar agency here in my state. Two churches are directly beside my residence on the left, a redeem & deeper life, another one is behind my fence in the backyard. The disturbing noise is just too much. Especially the one behind my fence, sometimes for one hour non-stop, the whole congregation go dey shout Fire! Fire! Fire! Ina ooooo!

Although the redeem church beside me no too dey make noise like that, but their generator get noise pass locomotive train. Na only that Deeper life church no dey disturb at all.

The thing don tire me aswear. Every Friday night like this, we no dey enjoy sound sleep. Wetin nah!
shocked
I can relate with your experience.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Righthussle: 9:07am On May 20
Attempt:

Agreed. But, when I was jobless it was this same church that help me find job, now I can feed my wife and children with three perfect square meal everyday!

You're lucky to have found a church that helped your life.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:08am On May 20
bemeruca:
Misguided priorities. Useless country

There's nothing wrong with the action. You're the one being misguided here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Diligence: 9:09am On May 20
How come the mosques dotted in every nook & cranny of Lagos State, are exempted. Shey na double standard be this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Gerrard59(m): 9:16am On May 20
richiemcgold:
How I wish we have a similar agency here in my state. Two churches are directly beside my residence on the left, a redeem & deeper life, another one is behind my fence in the backyard. The disturbing noise is just too much. Especially the one behind my fence, sometimes for one hour non-stop, the whole congregation go dey shout Fire! Fire! Fire! Ina ooooo!

Although the redeem church beside me no too dey make noise like that, but their generator get noise pass locomotive train. Na only that Deeper life church no dey disturb at all.

The thing don tire me aswear. Every Friday night like this, we no dey enjoy sound sleep. Wetin nah!
shocked

For all its issues, the Lagos government happens to be the most "functioning" in Nigeria. Most states no get time to tackle this kind issue. Even if the time is there, the political/institutional will is lacking.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by InvertedHammer: 9:17am On May 20
/
Shutting them down is not enough. It must come with at least N2 million fine per incident. They need to pay for the psychological distress and torture.

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Bluntemperor: 9:24am On May 20
Righthussle:

You speak through your anus!
Let LASEPA close down ALL the houses Using Generators in Nigeria and close down the Mosques and Churches in Alausa too- afterall,their Charity should start from their end!
-Is this the way to solve the Corruption in the governmental Offices?
-Is this the way to build Good Roads,
-Infrastructures Deficit,
-Healthcare Services- that would not allow the Politicians to carry Money Abroad - under disguise that they are investing them,
-Functional Education- for our Youths,
- Employments for our Youths,etc.
They are just being used!
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by bluecircle470: 9:34am On May 20
ThiefnubuBandit:
Lagos is a slum compared to major African cities.

You're mentally unstable if you quote me to say rubbish.

You’re mentally derailed you this unscrupulous girl from the yeast
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by NLKing01: 9:44am On May 20
Hey! Stop it there.... The same Church and Mosque your parents always go to pray for you to succeed in life. Now that you can afford data subscription, you are here blabbing. Church or Mosque was never a problem, it is people like you who after benefited from the same organization goes online to discredit it.
Righthussle:

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by abobote: 10:06am On May 20
Shut Restaurants for noise pollution ? Lagos are just killing businesses for no tangible reasons
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by abobote: 10:07am On May 20
bluecircle470:

You’re mentally derailed you this unscrupulous girl from the yeast
Of course Lagos is a slum and a very big village
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by shiwex: 10:28am On May 20
[quote author=Kingson28 post=130044106][/quote]You have been brainwashed.....
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by complet: 10:40am On May 20
Come the three mosques that always make noise with their speaker at Alhaji OTA street mushin, so disturbing, thanks
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Sleekfingers: 11:37am On May 20
Righthussle:

You are not far from the truth.......

That's why I respect the Chinese , Japanese, Malaysians , Singaporean

During my visit to those countries. I see that they don't build religious houses like idiots. They build companies and meaningful infrastructures........

But Nigerians are busy building religious houses, which has no economic value.......In Ikeja alone , if I am not exaggerating, there are over 500 churches and mosques there. Imagine ...
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Friend22(m): 11:40am On May 20
SAMBARRY:
Those mosques wey dey constitute nuisance with their noise pollution every 4.30am,5am,5.30-6.30,1pm etc like why must everyone know that you're praying? Na human being wan answer your prayers ABI which kain irritating show off be that

Abeg make una dey add mosques to the list

You can't compare mosque to those business centres.
Yes, some mosque may sound noisy, but it does not come close to the defeating noise from those aforementioned places.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Sleekfingers: 11:45am On May 20
Simeony007:
They have the power to Shut down church but they dare not try it with any mosque no matter how small it is.

There's a popular mosque at Agege every Friday they shut down the whole street, blocking people from walk and other commercial activities with their loud speakers reciting ryhmes and this fools will do nothing about it. But if it's a church they get erected.

Why not pass this information to the appropriate authority or bombard them on social media. And see if they won't send them packing.....

A friend who reside in Mafoluku reported a mosque , beside his house about noise pollution.
They came 3 days after to lock the mosque. And they have stopped making noise.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Lomprico2: 11:52am On May 20
Why will a restaurant play loud music?
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Tundethegood: 12:05pm On May 20
Righthussle:
Source of revenue
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Litmus: 12:24pm On May 20
Noise and liveliness is part of the Nigeria cultural scene, authorities should not try to kill these by sanctioning them. We should not abandon all that identifies us as Nigerians in favour of being like what identifies others. We Nigerians say Country not Cantry. We need better ordered cities and may need to borrow the blueprint from abroad but we do not need to be English , French or Americans in our sensibilities. We are Nigerians!

It so saddens me to observe from the sidelines as Nigerians slowly and steadily abandon the richer things identifiably our own for the poorer things of others. An example is how Nigeria's music ecosystem is abandoning the Corporative and friendly but helpful rivalry that propelled them into a force in world music scene in favour of the acrimonious, bad belly, bad blood, conflict ridden Ghana (Beef Culture) music ecosystem.

Incidentally, Beef Music culture arose in America in the later part of the 20th Century. It marked the beginning of African American music downward spiral into gangster rap that both debased black America culture and decimated a generation of talented black music stars. Contemporaries ague that this Nihilism was introduced into Black American music by the none black controllers of the music industry. This anti black Beef Culture then infiltrated Jamaica music industry then gradually permutated throughout black music world wide. Then Nigeria music came on the scene, fresh, beautiful, healthy, it uplifted black women, was inclusive and heralded something new and could be said to be revolutionary due to this. Yet the people behind Nigeria music sore fit to abandon all of this in order to adopt the same tired old murderous, Nhilliistic , misogynior .

Why undecided

Why do we always abandon what's uniquely ours for the rubbish of others?

Another example is how we are abandoning insisting on news readers wearing Nigeria traditional attires and are now insisting on them wearing Western clothes.

Why?

I bet we will soon abandon our beautiful and unique flag for some over colourful flag that conforms to the mundane sameness of other African nations.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Harrynight(m): 1:46pm On May 20
Wrong Target 😔

No place or establishment causes noise pollution in Lagos more than Mosque

But no one will talk about it
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by frog12: 4:23pm On May 20
if na REDEEMED CHURCH, nothing go happen
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Kingson28: 4:37pm On May 20
[quote author=shiwex post=130046015]You have been brainwashed.....

You need Jesus Christ to wash your brains.
They don’t reason well.
Shalom.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by Exceed15: 4:55pm On May 20
Righthussle:

Point of correction.... The noisy ones.
Re: Lagos Shuts Popular Restaurants, Church, Others For Noise Pollution by bbamusa: 5:12pm On May 20
SAMBARRY:
Those mosques wey dey constitute nuisance with their noise pollution every 4.30am,5am,5.30-6.30,1pm etc like why must everyone know that you're praying? Na human being wan answer your prayers ABI which kain irritating show off be that

Abeg make una dey add mosques to the list

see hate rate!! olodo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guy Sent To Prison For Stealing Yam As Man Secures Release Of Inmates In Edo / Police Has Arrested The Woman That Flung Her Underage Maid- Picture / We Are Still Searching For Deborah Samuel’s Killers - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.