Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,010 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:50 PM

Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise (26500 Views)

5G: Telcos Mull Phased Rollout, Fear Consumers' Weak Purchasing Power / Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? / The Cost Of Mobile Internet Around The World(infographic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Swaelyf(f): 3:53pm On May 20
what do you expect from a blood sucking Bat
HenryThegreat1:
What this current administration cannot destroy doesn't exist. He really meant bad for Nigerians.
Imagine what we are going through in this man first year of first term. What will happen if this man find himself to second term in office?

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Chicagograduate(m): 3:54pm On May 20
I won sell my registered SIM card for those who want to do crime but don't want their identity known .I can't maintain 3 SIM cards
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Arinzebugi1306: 3:54pm On May 20
OK
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by nairalanda1(m): 3:56pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

You are ignorant and shortsighted.

Intelligent Nigerian with foresight knows that Tinubus policies are what is best for the Country.
We know we would face hard times but it better we face the hard times right now to fix it than grow old into a dead country.

You cant eay your bread and have it.

This is a process.
Its like renovating a house, the house gets messes up, some walls a broken, Windows removed, door pylled down etc but its all for the greater good

He still hasnt done what is needed really. Subsidy on power and petrol is still there, corruption is still there, and we still have to get a handle on security.

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 3:56pm On May 20

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by CooldipoMPS: 3:57pm On May 20
We shall overcome!
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by oladele00(m): 3:57pm On May 20
That is the way to go. A time is coming when we will be swapping phones with tubers of yam.

2 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Oem18(m): 3:58pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

Intelligent Nigerian with foresight knows that Tinubus policies are what is best for the Country.
We know we would face hard times but it better we face the hard times right now to fix it than grow old into a dead country.

This is a process.
Its like renovating a house, the house gets messes up, some walls a broken, Windows removed, door pylled down etc but its all for the greater good

You are eternally a fool. An insult to humanity to life and the daily struggles of all the men and women that call themselves your ancestors.

4 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Blaze14k: 3:58pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

This is a process.

You never believed this when goodluck was in power. He wanted to make things right you stopped him so now we have someone running the country to the ground all of a sudden your hope is so high. Na thunder go finish you las las

6 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by bluefilm: 3:58pm On May 20
I'm so glad so many people are finally realizing that the town hall is really really different from Balablue bulabaa

3 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by ConfidentialDoc: 3:59pm On May 20
nedu666:

Ibb said the same thing during sap. We know how it turned out. Every president keeps telling ordinary Nigerians to tighten their belt for better tomorrow. 40 years since ibb, better tomorrow never come

He's a kid.
Cut him some slack.
What does he know ?

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by yemmywesey(m): 3:59pm On May 20
APC should return Nigeria back to goodlock Jonathan days, I never knew that Nigeria was eldorado during that time, until that man from daura and ebolaic baterium used propanganda to snatch and ran away with power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by iamsense(m): 4:00pm On May 20
Since Obi lost the election, Obidients have been fasting and praying for the economy to deteriorate to a state of comatose just so they can say "I told you so"...... your prayers seems coming through una still dey complain say economy bad.

Obidients wetin una want make economy bad or make e nu bad

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Tbarz(m): 4:00pm On May 20
HenryThegreat1:
What this current administration cannot destroy doesn't exist. He really meant bad for Nigerians.
Imagine what we are going through in this man first year of first term. What will happen if this man find himself to second term in office?
omo I tire o

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by ecomalchemistt(m): 4:01pm On May 20
It is well..

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Konquest: 4:02pm On May 20
Exousiang01:
Nigerians have been swapping phones long ago even before the Blackberry days.

I am a Samsung addict my last two Samsungs were swaps.

Journalism in Nigeria is at its lowest.
Tbh, you're right.

Phone swaps have been around for long... All over the world not just in Nigeria.
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by CheapHomes1: 4:03pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

This is a process.

can you pls explain how tinubus policies are the best for the country? also, what are those policies that you say are the best for the country? which cake is nigeria eating that it cannot have?

who messed up the house that you say needs renovating?

2 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by NOwazobia: 4:03pm On May 20
This is more of an advert than what the topic stated. undecided

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 4:04pm On May 20
HenryThegreat1:
He may die like Abacha before 2nd term
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by CheapHomes1: 4:04pm On May 20
iamsense:
Since Obi lost the election, Obidients have been fasting and praying for the economy to deteriorate to a state of comatose just so they can say "I told you so"...... your prayers seems coming through una still dey complain say economy bad.

is it the prayer of these "obidients" that has caused the economy to deteriorate the way it has?

4 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by ClearFlair: 4:05pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

I am a Samsung addict ny last two Samsungs were swaps.

Kindergarten comment.

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by NOwazobia: 4:06pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

While the post is more of an advertisement,

Issues are not measure with the absence of them but by degree of occurrence.
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by qtx(m): 4:07pm On May 20
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by LexngtonSteele: 4:09pm On May 20
Let's do wife swapping.

And GF swapping.

No carry worwor GF come meet me ooo

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by motun44: 4:09pm On May 20
We need good leaders.

1 Like

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:11pm On May 20
Exousiang01:

He didn't say phone swapping was never part of the system but is on the increase as new people go for it and those buying new ones have decreased.....

How much was your Samsung in 2015....how much are you to add to buy the same in 2024??

4 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Mckraz01: 4:11pm On May 20
HenryThegreat1:

Honestly a total disaster.
Everybody fit turn thief, even the police commissioner sef.
It's annoying
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by samwheel(m): 4:12pm On May 20
iamsense:

So God who is a good God is answering the prayers of evil obidience and forsaken the prayers of good Nigerians.

You zombies are just so stupid.

I can't believe I'm sharing country with these animals undecided

Tueh!

6 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by iamsense(m): 4:14pm On May 20
CheapHomes1:

is it the prayer of these "obidients" that has caused the economy to deteriorate the way it has?
I choose my words. I said "seems". The fact they prayed and wished means alot to them.
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by dikings(m): 4:16pm On May 20
Government of the Clueless, Now I can verify how Wicked a typical yoruba man is to his fellow humans. And the worst is, the same yoruba people are strongly in support of this wickedness, even as they also experience this same hardship. Woe to you all

2 Likes

Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by iamsense(m): 4:17pm On May 20
samwheel:

So God who is a good God is answering the prayers of evil obidience and forsaken the prayers of good Nigerians.

You zombies are just so stupid.

I can't believe I'm sharing country with these animals undecided

Tueh!
Fool... take note of the word "seems". To you obidients your prayers are answered. Go school you nu go
Re: Low Purchasing Power: Nigerians Go For Swapping As Prices Of Mobile Phones Rise by Konquest: 4:17pm On May 20
Deltafirstson:

“The money spent on importing these phones is also increasing. From charges at the ports, dollar rate, logistics among other things.

“We are also struggling just like our customers.”

Investigations revealed that the current prices of most popular phone brands have increased.
The price of phones of brands like Samsung, Infinix, Nokia, Techno, Microsoft, Xiaomi Redmi and Itel phones with smaller gigabytes of Read Only Memory (ROM) and Read Access Memory (RAM) with low or medium battery power ranges from N70,000 to N90,000.

Those with higher ROM and RAM goes for N150,000 above which were sold at N70,000 before.
Mrs. Demilade Raymond, a salary earner, said she swapped her Techno pop 5 for a higher grade last month.

“My old phone, Techno Pop 5 , had little space. Most times it hangs whenever I don’t relieve it from large documents it stores.

“I have been using the phone for almost three years.

“The manager at the phone store where I did the swapping said the phone series was highly sought after by some people.

“He valued the phone at N30,000. I was asked to add N70,999 to get the new model of my choice.
“At least I have a new phone now and spend less.”

Mr. Daniel Apata, a mechanic said he swapped his android phone for a non android phone (“Palasa or torchlight phone” as it is popularly called).

“When I visited the phone store, I requested to swap my android phone for another thinking I will just add N20,000 to get a new phone.

“But I was surprised when my old phone was valued at N20,000.

“I had no choice but to swap for a non android phone by adding N5,000.
“It is better than nothing.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/low-purchasing-power-nigerians-go-for-swapping-as-prices-of-mobile-phones-rise/
This will teach people more resilience and survival skills until the economic cycle begins to look up again. The lessons learned here will lead people to unleash their full potentials and see little things from fresher perspectives.

Nothing can break a truly determined man or woman in the race for contentment and survival.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whatsapp Confirm Status Ads Launch For 2020 (Photos) / Confirmed : Innjoo Lagos Office Has Been Shut Down By NCC / Opera Mini Manual Settings For All Networks:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.