Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,071 members, 7,859,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town (2075 Views)

NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees / Soludo To Demolish Over 100 Shops, Hotels, Others In Awka Tomorrow / 6,000 Illegal Miners Flood Osun From Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Reality3080: 8:42am On May 20
hammer567:
BOTH RICH AND POOR IN TEARS.

THE PEOPLE HAVE NO STORAGE SPACE FOR THEIR BELONGING.

IF PERSON TO LIVE REACH 40, THEY WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT OF THEIR 20s AND 30s.

THAT MAN MUST LEAVE ASO ROCK NOW. NOT JOKE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxsMkkJoOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhuLO67yPeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AnmxmLrXK0
u even add delta state video join your propaganda

Continue

3 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:43am On May 20
Reality3080:
what do u have to say about houses demolished in d east?

Which tribe was d target?
Wherever houses are demolished in this manner should be seen abnormal.
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by hammer567: 8:43am On May 20
Reality3080:
igbos n nsogbu nsogbu

The same noise u made about your Biafra propaganda that didn’t work

U better use your head n realize things are done with common sense n not noise

Go chase am comot for there now

NOTICE, I SAID ALL I SAID BUT NVER MENTIONED ANY TRIBE.

HOWEVER, U THINK IT IS CLEVER TO MENTION IGBO TRIBE.

IN LAGOS, IGBO LIVE AMONGST FELLOW NIGERIANS, SO YOU WILL DEMOLISH EVERYBODY HOMES.

IT IS UP TO THEM IF NIGERIANS WILL LIKE FOR YOU TO DEMOLISH ALL THEIR HOMES.

NUFF SIAD!
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by aieromon(m): 8:46am On May 20
Most of the buildings are usually business premises built on areas designated as playgrounds, car parks or green areas.

My mum was a victim of Festac demolition in 1994. Thirty years later and illegality is still occurring.

Everyone go dey alright las las.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Reality3080: 8:47am On May 20
hammer567:

NOTICE, I SAID ALL I SAID BUT NVER MENTIONED ANY TRIBE.

HOWEVER, U THINK IT IS CLEVER TO MENTION IGBO TRIBE.

IN LAGOS, IGBO LIVE AMONGST FELLOW NIGERIANS, SO YOU WILL DEMOLISH EVERYBODY HOMES.

IT IS UP TO THEM IF NIGERIANS WILL LIKE FOR YOU TO DEMOLISH ALL THEIR HOMES.

NUFF SIAD!
what do u have to say about demolitions in anambra, abia n delta?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Procashtips(m): 8:47am On May 20
SoNature:

There's never a better time to demolish illegal properties. We have an irresponsible society where people do the wrong things and think they won't ever be punished for it.

For the sane ones among us, this should teach us a big lesson. People do the wrong things and call it connection, but when the consequences come they remember their tribe.

There is a better time.
When they just started building it.

Can they claim not to be aware when most of these buildings were below lintel stage?

If they can destroy now, why not then?

No construction happens without one govt official coming around. No where in Lagos does this happen.
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Reality3080: 8:48am On May 20
SpecialAdviser:

Wherever houses are demolished in this manner should be seen abnormal.
then y didn’t d one’s done in d east generate much noise like this?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by hammer567: 8:50am On May 20
aieromon:
Most of the buildings are usually business premises built on areas designated as playgrounds, car parks or green areas.

My mum was a victim of Festac demolition in 1994. Thirty years later and illegality is still occurring.

Everyone go dey alright las las.

WATCH AND EDUCATE YOURSELF.

TINUBU IS TURNING LAGOS TO HIS FAMILY REAL ESTATE.

HE HAS GOTTEN GREEDY.

HE WANT TO DEMOLISH, REBUILD VIA TAX MONEY AND CASH OUT.

FESTAC IS ALREADY BUILT, SO HE IS COMING TO COLLECT LAND PEOPLE ALREADY PAID FOR ANB BUILT, COLLECT TAX, RE BUILD AND ADD TO HIS FAMILY ESTATE.

FESTAC MARKET WAS BUILT BY FHA AND SOLD BY FHA, TINUBU APC CAME ALONG, DEMOLISH IT AND THEN REBUILT IT AND ASK SAME PEOPLE TO COME AND BUY IT AGAIN. THAT FESTAC MARKET WAS NEWLY BUILT BY FHA IN THE LATE 1990s 2000s.

NOBODY IN LAGOS STATE THAT HAVE NOT BE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY AFFECTED BY TINUBU GREED.

WATCH THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSw0dZxYzk
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:55am On May 20
Reality3080:
then y didn’t d one’s done in d east generate much noise like this?
What's your definition of noise. I remembered how everyone shouted when Enugu governor demolished some houses in centenary city. Did my comment mention any tribe? Why are you guys living a life of self defense? These houses may be one of yours? Have you not seen Yoruba houses getting demolished in Lagos?

Stop towing tribal line and falling victim of APC propaganda machine
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by aieromon(m): 8:55am On May 20
eweqwatr:
What is original masterplan?? A town that was initially built to accommodate foreign visitors for festac77? Okay you want to return it to the original masterplan for housing foreigners for festac77? Asinwin people!

How many towns in Nigeria have underground power cables, telecommunication cables and sewage systems?

How many towns in Nigeria have provisions for playgrounds, green areas and car parks?

This is the original master plan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Reality3080: 8:57am On May 20
SpecialAdviser:

What's your definition of noise. I remembered how everyone shouted when Enugu governor demolished some houses in centenary city. Did my comment mention any tribe? Why are you guys living a life of self defense? These houses may be one of yours? Have you not seen Yoruba houses getting demolished in Lagos?

Stop towing tribal line and falling victim of APC propaganda machine
since u admit these houses may be yorubas own

Then y too much noise from the igbos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:59am On May 20
Reality3080:
since u admit these houses may be yorubas own

Then y too much noise from the igbos

You think everyone should be quiet when government does evil because of your political affiliation? Shame
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by hammer567: 9:00am On May 20
TIME FOR TINUBU TO BE REMOVED.

NIGERIA CANNOT COPE ANYMORE.

EVERYBODY IS TALKING AND THE LONGER THEY LEAVE THIS TO CONTINUE, IT WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A BREAKDOWN OF LAW AND ORDER.

THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.

THEY ARE REALLY PUTTING US THROUGH TOO MUCH.

TINUBU AND HIS SUPPORTERS ARE NOT HUMANS. JOKES APART!

1 Like

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by aieromon(m): 9:01am On May 20
hammer567:

FESTAC IS ALREADY BUILT, SO HE IS COMING TO COLLECT LAND PEOPLE ALREADY PAID FOR ANB BUILT, COLLECT TAX, RE BUILD AND ADD TO HIS FAMILY ESTATE.

FESTAC MARKET WAS BUILT BY FHA AND SOLD BY FHA, TINUBU APC CAME ALONG, DEMOLISH IT AND THEN REBUILT IT AND ASK SAME PEOPLE TO COME AND BUY IT AGAIN. THAT FESTAC MARKET WAS NEWLY BUILT BY FHA IN THE LATE 1990s 2000s.

I was born and raised in Festac. How about you?

Don't post falsehood out of ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by LexngtonSteele: 9:03am On May 20
eweqwatr:
What is original masterplan?? A town that was initially built to accommodate foreign visitors for festac77? Okay you want to return it to the original masterplan for housing foreigners for festac77? Asinwin people!

That vendetta to break people's houses for not voting you will be met with equal force eventually.

Heartless clueless people, it can never be well with apc for destroying Nigerians livelihood. Useless government, una mind no go reach ground no worry.

Hehehehe. Which equal force ?

The same tribe that has Ojukwu, Kanu and Zik that fled from battle.

Peter Obi ran from PDP primaries before it even started.

Simon Ekpa in his boxers from continents away commands grown men to not leave the house on Monday.

Them no born una well. You will be crushed and nothing will happen. You can only protest ONLINE

Your Eze misyarned and we have jailed him without anything happening

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by hammer567: 9:03am On May 20
aieromon:

I was born and raised in Festac. How about you?

Don't post falsehood out of ignorance.

U ARE JUST A FOOL.

IF THIS IS HOW U EARN A LIVING,THEN I PITY FOR U.

U ARE HEAR ON A PEOPLE'S PLATFORM TO DEFEND WHAT EVERYBODY HAVE CONDEMN.

U DEFEND ILLEGALITY AND CRIMINALITY?

A HOME IS NOT A LUXURY, IT IS A NECESSITY OF LIFE.

ALL THOSE CHILDREN YOU ARE DESTROYING THEIR BEDROOM, WHERE WILL THEY SLEEP?

1 Like

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:07am On May 20
GOVERNMENTS BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL SHOULD STOP RENDERING PEOPLE HOMELESS UNDER THIS HARD TINUBU REGIME.
THERE IS A BETTER TIME TO DO THIS WHEN ECONOMY IS OK.
STOP THIS INSENSITIVE INHIMAN ANTIPEOPLE BEHAVIOUR.
FG PLS CALL YOUR AGENCIES TO ORDER
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by yoruboid: 9:16am On May 20
Festac has become a slum

So many shanties built in the name of shops just have to go

2 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Gajagojo: 9:27am On May 20
eweqwatr:

That vendetta to break people's houses for not voting you will be met with equal force eventually.

Heartless clueless people, it can never be well with apc for destroying Nigerians livelihood. Useless government, una mind no go reach ground no worry.

It was not built to house foreigners
That is a misconception

It was USED to house participants at FESTAC
Just like the National Theatre was USED for FESTAC

It was built as a Federal Housing estate model which was used across the federation
It is a Housing estate with planning regulation

If people illegally acquired land there and built structures without planning authorization who is to blame?

All these emotions and sentiments changes nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Gajagojo: 9:29am On May 20
Procashtips:

There is a better time.
When they just started building it.

Can they claim not to be aware when most of these buildings were below lintel stage?

If they can destroy now, why not then?

No construction happens without one govt official coming around. No where in Lagos does this happen.
Irrelevant

the same argument would apply to a private owner

By that logic if you can successfully erect a building on my land and I do nothing till you finish
Then the land has become yours

That kind of logic may work where you come from but not in Lagos
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Procashtips(m): 10:21am On May 20
Gajagojo:

Irrelevant

the same argument would apply to a private owner

By that logic if you can successfully erect a building on my land and I do nothing till you finish
Then the land has become yours

That kind of logic may work where you come from but not in Lagos

I'm hoping you actually understand how to discuss within context.

You said no other way and I said there was.

There's a word called "proactive".

When we Nigerians understand that word, we wouldn't have to deal with things like this going forward.

We always leave acting till last minute because we just love to destory, to correct on time is not in our dictionary, to condemn is our trade.

Pull down at the earliest stage (As early as foundation stage) = Correct
Pull down when it's been completed = Condemn.

This is me praying you'd understand the points above.
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Yujin(m): 11:08am On May 20
Ndigbo, just get your cameras and document everything they're going to do in Festac. It shall be referred to in the future when it shall be revisited. It surely will come handy.
At a time when majority of the citizens are struggling to feed, it is demolition of residential houses that becomes the preoccupation of the federal government. Take note of all those involved in the exercise. Document their names and keep for posterity sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by lexylaw40: 12:40pm On May 20
Gajagojo:

It was not built to house foreigners
That is a misconception

It was USED to house participants at FESTAC
Just like the National Theatre was USED for FESTAC

It was built as a Federal Housing estate model which was used across the federation
It is a Housing estate with planning regulation

If people illegally acquired land there and built structures without planning authorization who is to blame?

All these emotions and sentiments changes nothing
thank you
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Gajagojo: 12:43pm On May 20
Procashtips:

I'm hoping you actually understand how to discuss within context.

You said no other way and I said there was.

There's a word called "proactive".

When we Nigerians understand that word, we wouldn't have to deal with things like this going forward.

We always leave acting till last minute because we just love to destory, to correct on time is not in our dictionary, to condemn is our trade.

Pull down at the earliest stage (As early as foundation stage) = Correct
Pull down when it's been completed = Condemn.

This is me praying you'd understand the points above.

I NEVER said no other way so you should take your own advice

Once again the question

If it is my personal land are you arguing that once you have completed a building on it I have no right to pull it down because I did not stop you building on it?

1 Like

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Procashtips(m): 12:51pm On May 20
Gajagojo:

I NEVER said no other way so you should take your own advice

Once again the question

If it is my personal land are you arguing that once you have completed a building on it I have no right to pull it down because I did not stop you building on it?

Before you jumped on my mention, this was the context in which my comments so far were made.

So if you're not here to discuss within context, then we have no conversation.

I never even knew you were not the person I quoted, hence your out of context response to my comment.

Good day.

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by BlackRains: 12:52pm On May 20
Black people like being wicked to themselves, even the slave trade it was them selling themselves. The only thing I can say is Lagos is demarketing itself and the consequences will be felt soonest or later

2 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by Gajagojo: 1:33pm On May 20
Procashtips:

Before you jumped on my mention, this was the context in which my comments so far were made.

So if you're not here to discuss within context, then we have no conversation.

I never even knew you were not the person I quoted, hence your out of context response to my comment.

Good day.
Your mention? Can you speak English

This is a public forum if you talk expect to be challenged when you talk nonsense

If you are too lazy to check who you are responding to that is your problem

Simple question

Can you build on somebody's personal property an claim a special right because he did not interrupt you?

Why is it different because it is government?

1 Like

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by bobontop: 2:37pm On May 20
I FEAR THE GOD OF ISREAL

The other time, one man who was cursing Israel, fell down right there on the stage and later died. And now 3 helicopters left for the same destination, under the same weather conditions, 2 got safely to their destinations but the best one crashed. This is happening few weeks after the occupants of the crashed helicopter attacked Israel. We are indeed living again in bible times.

I am not against the dead, that is not my point but I am awed by the faithfulness of YAHWEH to a covenant of over 4000 years- "...I will bless them that bless you and curse them that cursed you". I have been very sober since yesterday. My faith in God and his covenants have soared.

PLEASE friends, don't let the devil deceive you. What happened yesterday was not a coincidence. It is consistent with bible and post-bible HISTORY - Esther 6:13 ...If Mordecai, before whom you have begun to fall, is of the offspring of the Jews, you cannot prevail against him, but shall surely fall before him.

This is the time to embrace God by giving your life to JESUS CHRIST, so that you too can connect to this UNFAILING COVENANT OF YAHWEH WITH JEWS. I am so glad I made that decision many years ago. I can sincerely testify to it, HE THAT WATCHETH ISRAEL NEITHER SLEEPS NOR SLUMBERS- Psalms 121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by 1x2x3: 3:19pm On May 20
It could be that the Govt intentionally allowed just about anything to go ahead just to allow Lagos grow to its maximum capacity before they start flushing and resetting to master plan. That way if anyone decides to leave, they don't really care.

1 Like

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by EmeeNaka: 3:23pm On May 20
Ensure you obtain building permit before you erect any building in Nigeria. Otherwise, you may cry at last. To build is very expensive and I can imagine the great loss it's gonna be for the owners of these buildings

2 Likes

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by EmeeNaka: 3:24pm On May 20
1x2x3:
It could be that the Govt intentionally allowed just about anything to go ahead just to allow Lagos grow to its maximum capacity before they start flushing and resetting to master plan. That way if anyone decides to leave, they don't really care.
that's exactly what it Is. Other states are doing the same now.

1 Like

Re: FG To Demolish Over 10,000 Illegal Buildings Inside Festac Town by ccrenda5540: 6:12pm On May 20
God bless PBAT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forgive Me If I Sound Angry And Disillusioned! / Northern Leaders Plot Secret Coup Against Jonathan / My Life In Exile, By Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.