Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... (19485 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare Arrives Abuja With Other High Chiefs For A Historic Visit / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by ijustdey: 2:08pm On May 21
… my petition against palace staff was frustrated

Oba Ewuare II, the Oba of Benin, has accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of taking instructions from the highest bidders while handling petitions from his palace.

The Oba spoke on Monday when he welcomed Effa Okim, the zonal director of EFCC in Benin.

The monarch told Okim that he was not happy about certain things that happened during previous administrations at the zonal office.

The Oba said the EFCC treated his petition on fraud allegedly committed by some former palace officials with kid gloves.

The monarch said despite overwhelming evidence against the former palace officials, they were set free by the anti-graft agency.

The monarch said since the incident, it has become difficult for the palace to support the activities of the agency.

No matter how you try to support EFCC from the palace, when it is time to assist them, they listen to other parties,” the monarch said.

What I have been told is that they take instructions from the highest bidder.

I was not happy with certain things that happened in the time of your predecessors.

How can EFCC operatives, especially the lady who handled the case I cited earlier, behave like that?

“If I was asked to comment on her performance, I would score her zero. I do not know if she was doing an EFCC job or just dancing to the tunes of people who were giving her money.”

When TheCable reached out to the anti-graft agency, Dele Oyewale, EFCC’s head of media and publicity, said he would get back to the reporter.

He was yet to revert as of the time of filing this report.

https://www.thecable.ng/oba-of-benin-efcc-takes-orders-from-highest-bidder-my-petition-against-palace-staff-was-frustrated/amp/

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Freshtruth(m): 2:32pm On May 21
This Akpabio go like woman sha he dey shake person but his eyes is focus on the lady chai

Just take a good look at d picture grin

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by oz4real83(m): 2:41pm On May 21
If a top personality like the Oba is complaining like this, what do you expect ordinary Nigerians, who are always at the receiving end of the evil and inefficiencies of these people say

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by NaMe4: 4:13pm On May 21
Freshtruth:
This Akpabio go like woman sha he dey shake person but his eyes is focus on the lady chai

You no know Akpabio? Okay na!

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by pandoragirigory: 4:21pm On May 21
ok

45 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by pandoragirigory: 4:30pm On May 21
Mystic216:
I love the confidence and fearlessness in Igbos, Edos and Hausas

They are not noise makers like the people of ebin pawa oo

No owanbe king or individual can ever be so vocal in making statements like this. They rather chook you kwoka for back than to talk true in their lives

Always scared of everything

God bless the south east, south south and the north

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by shox(m): 5:23pm On May 21
[quote author=pandoragirigory post=130070116][/quote] you should have let it slide 😂😄

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:31pm On May 21
Water is wet💦

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Melagros(m): 5:37pm On May 21
COMRADES, is like our government institutions no longer have respect for our traditional rulers

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Kelklein(m): 5:41pm On May 21

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Kelklein(m): 5:43pm On May 21
EFCC is like a pencil in the hand of the establishment.. 🤔🤔🤔

We still run a country where a president can choose to appoint his son, if he so pleases, to be the chairman of the EFCC..

So who is being fought corruption-wise depends on how close you are to the establishment.. because the establishment itself is where Corruption is headquartered..

Nigerian leaders just have a template of 'How not to run a country'..

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by vengertime: 5:44pm On May 21
No be lie,

Few months ago EFCC came to my street to pack 6 Yahoo boys, 1 week later they were let loose.

We asked them how far, they said EFCC Na thieves them be, they will just withdraw all the money in your account and let you go. Nothing too serious.

All those pictures we've been seeing of them packing close to 45 boys at once, all Na scam.

The only time you would go to jail in the hands of EFCC is when they're too sure base on informant (usually your close friend) tell them that you picked recently and you give them tough time in extorting that money from you.

You're going to court, from there you would be remanded in prison

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by SultanOfPuna: 5:44pm On May 21
If a small girl that works for EFCC can treat a petition from a whole Oba of Benin like this

Then it's safe to say OBA no get LEVELS cry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Emeka71(m): 5:45pm On May 21
Mystic216:
I love the confidence and fearlessness in Igbos, Edos and Hausas

They are not noise makers like the people of ebin pawa oo

No owanbe king or individual can ever be so vocal in making statements like this. They rather chook you kwoka for back than to talk true in their lives

Always scared of everything

God bless the south east, south south and the north
Then that means GOD Bless Nigeria, GOD Punish devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45pm On May 21
How can EFCC operatives, especially the lady who handled the case I cited earlier, behave like that?
“If I was asked to comment on her performance, I would score her zero. I do not know if she was doing an EFCC job or just dancing to the tunes of people who were giving her money.”
This is a personal vendetta against one of staff member of EFCC,
We can see.
Name names Our Darling Oba...
Who is the lady,
What is her name?
Let's start from there.

Oba ghato kpere.......
Iseeeeee

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by sylve11: 5:45pm On May 21
@Oba, I was told everyone has a price. sad cool

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by strangest(m): 5:46pm On May 21
Loud.... Like Canadian loud

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:46pm On May 21
vengertime:
No be lie,

Few months ago EFCC came to my street to pack 6 Yahoo boys, 1 week later they were let loose.

We asked them how far, they said EFCC Na thieves them be, they will just withdraw all the money in your account and let you go. Nothing too serious.

All those pictures we've been seeing of them packing close to 45 boys at once, all Na scam
Wow, this is terrible

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Yankee101: 5:46pm On May 21
Akenzuwa was oba before you
Keep talking
Na ordinary governor dey decide first class chief now

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by MrBachelor: 5:46pm On May 21
That's true.
Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by utenwuson: 5:47pm On May 21
I love this challenge.... Efcc go begin pick everything and everyone soon
Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by GreenxGreen: 5:49pm On May 21
grin
Na today 😁😁😁
Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by completeskills(m): 5:49pm On May 21
Yes. We need to say things as they are. No need dancing around the bush. EFCC and indeed most Goverment agencies are gone to the dogs. Justice for sale to the highest bidder. Maybe Oba refused to grease some palms.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by cjudy(m): 5:49pm On May 21
Welcome to the Game. So you doesn’t know before?

Yahoo Yahoo crime Unit YYCU

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by ogolemati: 5:49pm On May 21
grin grin grin grin grin grin only the agberos think otherwise

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by Olatundex22(m): 5:49pm On May 21
Freshtruth:

see the lady smile yourself.. tell me you don’t like better things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by ogolemati: 5:50pm On May 21
post=130071402:

This is a personal vendetta against one of staff member of EFCC,
We can see.
Name names Our Darling Oba...
Who is the lady,
Waht is her name?
Let's start from there.

Oba ghato kpere.......
Iseeeeee
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin who they recharge you,how far with your darling daddy .the mudafucker that mess up the country

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin: EFCC Takes Orders From Highest Bidder..... by SouthSouth1914: 5:51pm On May 21
Everyone has known the EFCC for whom they are- Corruption organization

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasiru Ado-Bayero, Emir Of Bichi Coronation (Full Video) / Bí Ase Ń Fi Àmì Ohùn Sí Orí Ọ̀rọ̀ Yorùbá(how To Type Yorùbá Language With Accent / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.