Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash (42528 Views)

The Real Reason Why Your Phone Doesn't Support Efootball / Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Is He WISH Legit Or A Scam: The Real Reasons Why It Is So Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by free2ryhme: 9:27pm On May 21
Mynd44:

Sponsored Post

Go over the counter to withdraw enough cash, leave ATM for small boys
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Mandate1: 9:28pm On May 21
psucc:
The truth is that the banks are now selling cash to POS operators and making brisk cash in the process.

Every industry in Nigeria has its own fraud signature
talk is cheap.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Archangels2(m): 9:32pm On May 21
I just laugh at the ignorance when some people say bankers give the cash to pos operators and that's why there is no cash available. Do these banks produce the notes? The truth is that
1. CBN has purposely and silently reduced the amount of cash in circulation for monetary reasons.

2. The cash in circulation doesn't get into the banks as deposit anymore but are hijacked by pos operatives.

Customers don't bring cash to the bank and can gradually has reduced cash in circulation and you somehow blame the banks in all these
Ask the average slaughter houses, the petrol stations and the market women near you when last they deposited any substantial cash in the bank

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by santaclaws: 9:33pm On May 21
meum:
The masses blamed Meffy back then. Isn’t it okay to blame Cardy?

This is a policy issue so no CBN governor should be held unaccountable. You can see how everyone criticized the new cybersecurity charges and how swiftly the government backtracked, that's what is called a democracy.

I don't think Cardoso has done much to warrant negative criticisms but people should feel free to criticize Cardoso as they did Emefiele, as long as it's constructive.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by kalufelix(m): 9:33pm On May 21
Make that thing go chop your card for weekend because of N100..

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by providencia(m): 9:34pm On May 21
Blaze14k:
It's been long I used the ATM or visit the bank. Last time I went to the bank I wanted to take all the money in my first bank savings account and these people said I can only withdraw 5k omo na so I kuku leave the money for them till now. Mind this wasnt the first time I tried. The whole is so annoying

And you didn't transfer your money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by providencia(m): 9:34pm On May 21
kalufelix:
Make that thing go chop your card for weekend because of N100..

grin grin
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by MasterofNL: 9:35pm On May 21
Archangels2:
I just laugh at the ignorance when some people say bankers give the cash to pos operators and that's why there is no cash available. Do these banks produce the notes? The truth is that
1. CBN has purposely and silently reduced the amount of cash in circulation for monetary reasons.

2. The cash in circulation doesn't get into the banks as deposit anymore but are hijacked by pos operatives.

Customers don't bring cash to the bank and can gradually has reduced cash in circulation and you somehow blame the banks in all these
Ask the average slaughter houses, the petrol stations and the market women near you when last they deposited any substantial cash in the bank

You have said it all.

These people blaming banks reason like goats. The POS operators are the ones that empty the ATMs whenever banks load cash leaving others stranded

5 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Akaegwu(m): 9:35pm On May 21
Olachase:
what you just said is pure lie, pos charge #100 for 5k
50 in some areas

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by travelzcruix: 9:36pm On May 21
Well we keep chanting cashless policy like it is something bound to happen overnight. I hope you and I haven't forgotten in a hurry the Emefiele cashless Nigeria. A cashless economy will mean massive investment in the digital space, I don't mean handing bags to people all in the name of regulations. We are talking of 24/7 data connectivity especially in remote areas. Well until we dream of that day we all should rest. I will never forgive Emefiele for grounding my business because of his cashless Taboo o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by 7arrows: 9:38pm On May 21
psucc:
The truth is that the banks are now selling cash to POS operators and making brisk cash in the process.

Nigeria is a fu..kin failed state. I swear it hurts me when I think of this nonsense. How can u go to a bank u can't get cash neither inside the bank or at the ATM machines. But when u go to POS operators they have the cash to sell to you and they do this legitimately. Even the fraudulent government acknowledge the POS operators. Is this not the evidence of a failed state? The collapse banking system is what gave birth to POS. I hate this corn tree, no one is even talking. Rather the government are there selling us out. 90 billion to personal Hajj pilgrimage. Trillions to Costal road that has no economy benefit (instead it will be a new Haven for kidnappers and terrorists) The useless government don't see it necessary to fight insecurity but anything that will make them get extra cash for themselves will surely fly. Fuel has increased, light also increased. Make una continue I know the revolution is near.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Blaze14k: 9:39pm On May 21
providencia:

And you didn't transfer your money?

Don't want ATM card for the account cos it's where I keep my money for agent stuff. So I moved some cash and 50k was left there.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by udemzyudex(m): 9:42pm On May 21
The cashless policy in Nigeria is a sham.
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Mayeldah(m): 9:43pm On May 21
Electronic banking and POS withdrawals ti take over

No one needs an ATM machine for now.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Padipadi: 9:44pm On May 21
Mynd44:
Sponsored Post
Is there regular power supply and good network to aid mobile or internet banking?
When those two are fixed, banking ll be so smooth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by RickyJesus: 9:48pm On May 21
Who sponsored this post first?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by casualobserver: 9:51pm On May 21
Mynd44:

Sponsored Post

Very uninformed speculative post.

CBN is simply trying to control inflation by controlling money (cash) in circulation. Both o. the goods side and forex. Nothing more nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Bullfallo(m): 9:52pm On May 21
In time past during PDP. Banks do move cash with bullion van around town with security patrol. Also putting cash on the atm. The reason was because people deposit money in the bank and withdraw via atm. When you entr the bank you will see teller counting cash with teller machines. To today there Are no more.

I will ask you this question. When last you saw bullion van and security personal on the street?

It was long gone to pos operator. Fuel is expensive and transportation is expensive. Who will go to bank and waste his time when he or she can deposit via pos?

People don’t put money in the bank anymore but give it to pos. Some even sell it to pos.

The money in circulation is between pos and the people. But I still don’t think thats the reason for inflation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by PUNANI01: 9:53pm On May 21
And the news is even sponsorerd! Encouraging people to join their POS business 😂 😂 😂 Make una go load money for una ATM machines crim#nals

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Mosdiii(m): 9:54pm On May 21
Olachase:
what you just said is pure lie, pos charge #100 for 5k

In Portharcourt it's N200 for 5k
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Sapasenator: 9:57pm On May 21
I prefer POS operators anyday any time. Them dey carry money come give me. Wetin concern me with ATM.

I love the convenience.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:59pm On May 21
I can't remember the last time I deposited money in the bank. As for ATM, the monthly ATM card charges nkọ? isn't it enough to maintain the ATM machines +

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by tnerro1(m): 10:04pm On May 21
Zonefree:

If there are truly limited cash in banks, where are pos operators getting cash for transactions?

Filling stations deposit cash in the bank almost every day, but, banks sell the cash to pos operators, the reason ATMs are not functioning.

Even filling stations and businesses now sell cash to pos. I was in one eatery the other day and I saw them giving their cash made that day to pos person. PoS now go from business to business offering to buy their cash. People have lost faith in the banking system. Can’t remember the last time I went to bank to deposit cash.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by jaxxy(m): 10:06pm On May 21
unless u have an Atm as ur next door neighbour I don't see why people should leave pos vendors a stone throw away for an Atm a mile away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Kabir119: 10:06pm On May 21
Omo it's crazy
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by OriOko88(m): 10:09pm On May 21
meobizy:
If you read that post, you are jobless and broke. The moderator wey collect money post am no read am too.
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Yankee101: 10:11pm On May 21
Banks sponsored this post
They’re pushing back against the CBN
Complain directly to the governor during your CEO meetings with him
But if the people want cash, give them their cash, no questions asked before we turn into Lebanon or Argentina and people will start keeping cash at home

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Jeboy(m): 10:12pm On May 21
I interviewed most PoS operators I use their service. They have formed an alliance with market traders to collect their cash and transfer to them for a fee. So most of the cash from filling stations, supermarkets, shops, restaurants etc do not go to the bank anymore as someone claimed. It's on record that 95% of cash in Nigeria is not within the bank space, they are hoarded outside the banks.

I think banks also like it cos it cost then more to operate ATM as cash dispenser. Some of these banks have FinTechs or FinTech arm that runs PoS business for them so they have tried to also gain from the chaos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Love800(m): 10:18pm On May 21
What do you mean by fintech arm?
Jeboy:
I interviewed most PoS operators I use their service. They have formed an alliance with market traders to collect their cash and transfer to them for a fee. So most of the cash from filling stations, supermarkets, shops, restaurants etc do not go to the bank anymore as someone claimed. It's on record that 95% of cash in Nigeria is not within the bank space, they are hoarded outside the banks.

I think banks also like it cos it cost then more to operate ATM as cash dispenser. Some of these banks have FinTechs or FinTech arm that runs PoS business for them so they have tried to also gain from the chaos.
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by Melagros(m): 10:22pm On May 21
psucc:

Sure
Re: The Real Reasons Why You No Longer Find ATMs Giving Cash by CaptainFM1: 10:31pm On May 21
psucc:

Every industry in Nigeria has its own parallel market otherwise called black market!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria / 15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / Homtom Ht50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.