Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,029 members, 7,863,690 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July (14405 Views)

CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette / Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint / Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Otulaeke: 7:37pm On May 21
juwoonn:

No, I've not bro.
Please help me with it.
Thanks

WhatsApp

Don't quote me cos I would like to delete the number later or edit out the number if you want to use the quote

1 Like

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by hstar: 7:39pm On May 21
post=130072849:

We truly hope so.
Anything to make this country great is all we are after at MANNA.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime whether,
Whether the evil ones like it or not.
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬.

We Rise ✔️
Yeye man
I just want to let you know that I didn't get ban o, you hear me so?

Your second in command dey shout 'toh' up and down on nairaland comment section like person wey Dem swear for

Now, draw your ear and cry to the mod that you need the to get me banned,

CC: Nlpolicewoman, Eriggs, ilovedemmanna

2 Likes

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:41pm On May 21
Hmmm

They are afraid that their indigenous banks will soon fold up.

Our Nigerian banks that'll deduct your money for every transaction.

Zenith Bank takes away 50 Naira for every POS operation I do, they call it electronic fee, that can't be gotten once in a month but every transaction.

Imagine I withdraw 10 times in a month, that's 50 x 10...
Stealing my money in bits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by miniziter(m): 7:41pm On May 21
LadyExcellency:

The reason for stopping the onboarding of new customers was genuine. Why should these fintechs be hawking debit cards like gala and carbonated drinks? They skip KYC and allow fraudsters to use their platforms for fraud and illicit businesses.

Btw, they should include betting platforms as the crooks and fraudsters use them for transferring stolen money to their accounts.

Ask yourself if they open account with or without bvn. Don't zenith and Co send their marketers to the street?
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Olichoke: 7:52pm On May 21
Good news for us POS aggregators.

Feel free to contact me for POS Terminals Nationwide. I operate from the very middle and centre of Nigeria:Kogi.

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by fineberry(m): 7:56pm On May 21
To be sure I red right o, hope nothing will happen to their existing customers oo.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by juwoonn(m): 8:03pm On May 21
Otulaeke
I messaged you already boss.
Thanks
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:07pm On May 21
bjayx:
Our 9ja commercial banks are fraud.
Just cos of the competition that has taken most of their customers due to their fraudulent charges to this fintech banks, they are waging war against them thru the federal govt. I prefer opay to our normal naija banks, 💯
Be careful what you wish for.
Most of these fintech banks are too open for criminals to penetrate.
Someone just complained of her entire money be wiped out from palmpay.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Vixenn(f): 8:10pm On May 21
LadyExcellency:

The reason for stopping the onboarding of new customers was genuine. Why should these fintechs be hawking debit cards like gala and carbonated drinks? They skip KYC and allow fraudsters to use their platforms for fraud and illicit businesses.

Btw, they should include betting platforms as the crooks and fraudsters use them for transferring stolen money to their accounts.

You're clueless.
Their (Moniepoint) KYC process is more thorough than that of commercial banks.

I've worked with Access, and I am a BRM for Moniepoint. I know the system
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by bjayx: 8:12pm On May 21
HenryThegreat1:

Someone just complained of her entire money be wiped out from palmpay.
It happens with our normal banks too
But the extortion from our normal banks is too much. Unnecessary charges n reductions.
Banking sector is a cabal if you know
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Hardy123(m): 8:12pm On May 21
Nice one smiley
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Albert0011(m): 8:16pm On May 21
LadyExcellency:

You're right bro.
That was how they stole one of my neighbour's phone and used the simcard to open an opay account and they used it to defraud someone.

To cut the long story short, police traced the account and they arrested my neighbour and the fraudster has gone scot-free.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Eltino: 8:21pm On May 21
justmondris:

Why?
Moniepoint is the actual cause of this tho, they skip KYC verifications. Imagine giving Pos terminal to someone in level 1 or 2.
I remember then when Opay started before i got a Pos terminal it took 2 months and there marketers will come and verify your address, you must be in a distance of 10mins walk from your location to another agent.
But Nowadays Monie point is even hawking it just to get customers, in actual sense Opay have more users than MP, even with this regulations Opay is still going about their business like nothing happened.
Some of us even Have Opay accounts that we don't know especially during Oride.

1 Like

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by MrJames007: 8:43pm On May 21
Although I prefer this fintech or whatever to commercial banks, I support CBN on this move. Too much fraud.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Father4all: 8:49pm On May 21
CBN wahala too much
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by PHAYOL81: 8:54pm On May 21
Noted
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Yowill: 9:04pm On May 21
Otulaeke:

WhatsApp

Don't quote me cos I would like to delete the number later or edit out the number if you want to use the quote

Please, help me with the movie. And also if you have Merlin movie, I'll like to have it.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Yowill: 9:06pm On May 21
juwoonn:
Otulaeke
I messaged you already boss.
Thanks

Help me with that movie if has been sent to you, please.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Xxxylxxxx: 9:37pm On May 21
LadyExcellency:

They will use it to play one sure odd and cash out immediately.

They stole my money
Your account will be flagged when you continue with such practice. The review winnings before pay out or after. You will be caught
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Scientheosopher(m): 9:38pm On May 21
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by juwoonn(m): 9:48pm On May 21
Yowill:

Help me with that movie if has been sent to you, please.
It's on fzmovies dot. Net bro
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by PUNANI01: 9:59pm On May 21
helinues:

Toh

Say something Hail-enus!
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Jostoman: 11:24pm On May 21
CBN and misplace priority are like 5&6, APC FG hate it when nigerians are making progress without relying on FG.

This Useless government just want every nigerians to remain in abject poverty till 2027.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by euwalaka: 2:21am On May 22
WE ARE NOT SERIOUS IN THIS COUNTY, WHY STRESSING NIGERIANS IN THE FIRST PLACE
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by MrCuteking(m): 5:12am On May 22
Jagabanbattle:
It was a foolish decision in the first place. An ignorant move by the CBN. Threatening bank customers through banks. Since this useless directive was given, OPay and other mobile banks should tell us how much loss they recorded.

Sending an improving Naira back to being useless. Cryptocurrency trading should be allowed. EFCC and CBN should do their work in targeting money launderers not ordinary traders. Unfortunately, EFCC can’t differentiate between traders and launderers. It’s an eyesore.

EFCC can, but they won’t.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by mfm04622: 6:14am On May 22
LadyExcellency:

Betting platforms are not regulated by the CBN.
Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Tunagee(m): 8:19am On May 22
RevenuesBoost:
Hmmm

They are afraid that their indigenous banks will soon fold up.

Our Nigerian banks that'll deduct your money for every transaction.

Zenith Bank takes away 50 Naira for every POS operation I do, they call it electronic fee, that can't be gotten once in a month but every transaction.

Imagine I withdraw 10 times in a month, that's 50 x 10...
Stealing my money in bits.

The bolded is exactly the reason. We just dey deceive ourselves with all this fraud reasons. OPAY and palmpay keep impressing us

1 Like

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by Yowill: 8:28am On May 22
juwoonn:

It's on fzmovies dot. Net bro

Thanks, boss.

1 Like

Re: Opay, Moniepoint, Others To Register New Customers From July by RealEzee(m): 8:42am On May 22
HenryThegreat1:

Someone just complained of her entire money be wiped out frompalmpay.
the high profile cases of corruption and laundering aided by non fintech banks from time immemorial na wetin? Is it opay that housed those billions?
Lets just admit these guys r just clueless abeg notin gud for d masses

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Stable At ₦1550 - ₦1580 In Parallel Market After CBN’s $7.85M Sale To BDCs / Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / Forex: Black Market Will Soon Collapse – Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.