Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage (29149 Views)

Hold Tinubu Responsible If There Is Breakdown Of Law & Order In Kano - Atiku / Breakdown Of What President Buhari, Osinbajo Will Receive As Salaries/allowances / Breakdown Of Politicians Whose Certificates Of Return Were Withdrawn By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by carzeem1: 4:15pm On May 22
casualobserver:

2 separate issues. And while ultimately the failure of society is the failure of govt, very often govt is hampered by society. You only have to look at our universities. I will reproduce below a point I made earlier on the subject.

Who is going to pay for the tuition, same workers earning 33k/ month?
Frankly, the government should take responsibility for the galloping inflation and respond appropriately with commensurate wage. Thier horrible decisions/ politics and policies should not be burdened on the poor populace.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Brunicekid(m): 4:16pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:
1. Health - 10k but do not fall sick, else you die, better still least it can buy Paracetamol.

2. Food- 10k for the month, buy two basket of garri, sugar and groundnut. Forget protein it is for the politicians.

3. Education - 12k or forget school, let your children stay at home.

4. Transport- 10k Any how you get to your workplace is your business, if you cannot cope, resign.

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8
The total amount OP calculated is actually 55k, but the proposed minimum wage by FG is 54k. So, OP is wrong in that aspect.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by BigYash: 4:17pm On May 22
RickyJesus:

I am defending mathematics dumbass, how much do you think the entire politicians have and what's Nigeria population? No just dey throw numbers like mumu when you can't even phantom how they work.
Mumu you don’t know anything.. During the last primaries for political parties,do you even have idea of how much the highest bidder spent in buying forms for people to step down for him? Not the branded and customized cars and other stuffs.. That’s not investment both in and outside the country yet.. Maths teacher wen poverty don turn mumu I hail you..

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Etimemy: 4:19pm On May 22
Tinubu is an error

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Mubieey: 4:24pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:
1. Health - 10k but do not fall sick, else you die, better still least it can buy Paracetamol.

2. Food- 10k for the month, buy two basket of garri, sugar and groundnut. Forget protein it is for the politicians.

4. Transport- 10k Any how you get to your workplace is your business, if you cannot cope, resign.

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8

The minimum wage is not enough even before implementation
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by RickyJesus: 4:25pm On May 22
BigYash:
Mumu you don’t know anything.. During the last primaries for political parties,do you even have idea of how much the highest bidder spent in buying forms for people to step down for him? Not the branded and customized cars and other stuffs.. That’s not investment both in and outside the country yet.. Maths teacher wen poverty don turn mumu I hail you..
Who ask you that one?

Can they give every Nigerian 2 million and still have change? The answer is no. No dey talk rubbish again for here.

If you can't decipher that, what makes you think I would take your dumbass serious, we talking numbers you are still talking trash. Talking about poverty when you can't even quantify money, how you wan take make am.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Mubieey: 4:26pm On May 22
The minimum wage is not enough even before implementation
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by BigYash: 4:32pm On May 22
RickyJesus:

Who ask you that one?

Can they give every Nigerian 2 million and still have change? The answer is no. No dey talk rubbish again for here.

If you can't decipher that, what makes you think I would take your dumbass serious, we talking numbers you are still talking trash. Talking about poverty when you can't even quantify money, how you wan take make am.
228,510,337 .. That’s approximately Nigeria’s population.. Share two million to them each.. How much is that ?
And some politicians are worth more than that in dollars. Na poverty dey worry you big time.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by lugado: 4:37pm On May 22
Minimum wage is not for family man anywhere in the world
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by MMempire(m): 4:37pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8
I don laugh tire. You really know how the government dey think. We go pursue dem when time reach. I no go die without bringing down bad government, so help me God.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by jamafa: 4:41pm On May 22
Lumarstone:
The proposed amount as minimum wage is grossly inadequate. Bachelors like corps members can't even cope with that figure let alone family Men with children. Minimum wage should not be less than two hundred kky, or close to that figure. Any amount less than #120,000 is a joke and daylight scam.

I left..!

How can minimum wages be #200,000??

If they are tired of work, make dem re-sign.

Let them go for business.

Alot of people want the job they are rejecting
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by casualobserver: 4:54pm On May 22
carzeem1:

Who is going to pay for the tuition, same workers earning 33k/ month?
Frankly, the government should take responsibility for the galloping inflation and respond appropriately with commensurate wage. Thier horrible decisions/ politics and policies should not be burdened on the poor populace.

Did you read what I wrote?

With due respect this mentality is why we are where we are.

We can’t afford subsidies but we say no you can’t increase price of petrol so we continue until we are broke and there is no money for subsidies. Meanwhile money for roads we have burnt in smoke.

We can’t afford cheap electricity but we strike if they dare increase price of electricity meanwhile the people that generate the electricity we can’t pay them and in the end we don’t have reliable electricity.

We do t want to pay for university tuition but somehow we expect good lecturers to want to work in a university where he is poorly paid and be motivated.

I mean what is wrong with us? I have offered the solution. Nigerians are paying tens of thousand of pounds and dollars to obtain university degrees abroad. Such people will jump at the opportunity to pay even N5m in Nigeria if they know the degree will be of good quality. If the true cost of a degree is say N2m, you can charge them 3,4,5m and they will gladly pay. The excess will be used to fund the education of deserving poor students who can’t afford the fees.

It is because of your insistence on paying N60k that those who know the value of a good degree have abandoned Nigerian public universities and the result is you pay N60k for a degree but the degree is worthless. Govt has no money shout all you like and the people who have money to subsidize your education (those paying thousands abroad) are not going to join you in a University with N60k fees.

If the cost of good university education is 2m charge 4m. Those who are paying 20m abroad will gladly bring their children back and pay. The extra 2m will cover the fees for a poor student.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Lovelive: 5:01pm On May 22
No I disagree.

Number 6 ( Owumbe / dating / airtime ... )

thatigboman:
number 6
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by StarRiderr: 5:04pm On May 22
Helpfromabove1:

As much as don’t support that amount but from your comment you are not getting something

Minimum wage is diff from entry level wage

Minimum wage is the least amount that can be paid as wages

Fresh graduates is certainly higher than the least amount

People in the least amount should be cleaners, gardeners maybe drivers e.t.c
if I'm not misquoting you what your saying is the 54k is even too much
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by RickyJesus: 5:09pm On May 22
BigYash:
228,510,337 .. That’s approximately Nigeria’s population.. Share two million to them each.. How much is that ?
And some politicians are worth more than that in dollars. Na poverty dey worry you big time.

If you share 100 million naira to 100 million people, how much will each person get?
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by SirFarads01(m): 5:17pm On May 22
BigYash:
Apc wants citizens poor,so that they can always control them.. Only one Nigeria politicians can share 2million each to all Nigerians and he will not still be broke.. No put all politicians together,with all the money they stole and still stealing.. No Nigerian citizen suppose dey suffer ,if not for greed of politicians..

God bless you my brother our problem as a nation centers around greed and propensity to want keep looting and having more

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Menclothing1: 5:29pm On May 22
Let’s them start with state and private company if fedral government approved this and other institutions who have not paid
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Yong4ever: 5:35pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8
They don't even want you to live just be existing, life is meant for them alone and their family members...awon were!
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by MamaletASO: 5:35pm On May 22
Tinubu to lule..gbam
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by okeke6969: 6:15pm On May 22
Labour should stop complaining. Let them declare strike, block the whole federal road. Let us take it from there.
Enough is enough. It is appointment unto man to die once....
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by vatiqan(m): 6:55pm On May 22
Biodun556:

The 58000 naira is basic salary excluding allowances

I really want to understand this thrash you're writing. I have something to tell you
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Erons2000(f): 7:08pm On May 22
Enemyofpeace:
you're just wasting your time seeking for my attention. I don't date nairaland girls, I only date girls on Instagram and Tiktok
see dis broke ass bitch….u tot u are a troll now u are just caping,u looked for my attention first broke ass,learn to mind ur business…..like I said broke ass am ready for u and ur poverty stricken family…,.lol….lets troll bitch
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Erons2000(f): 7:12pm On May 22
Enemyofpeace:
you're just wasting your time seeking for my attention. I don't date nairaland girls, I only date girls on Instagram and Tiktok
see dis small boy….looking for pussy on social media,u are a kid,ur poor and most of all a loser cuz any bitchass looking for pussy on social media are broke bitchass nigga,I guess u jerk off a lot cuz u are a loser
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by ogaontop(m): 8:45pm On May 22
Helpfromabove1:

As much as don’t support that amount but from your comment you are not getting something

Minimum wage is diff from entry level wage

Minimum wage is the least amount that can be paid as wages

Fresh graduates is certainly higher than the least amount

People in the least amount should be cleaners, gardeners maybe drivers e.t.c
Cleaners, gardeners and drivers that don't feed, pay rent and have other mouths to feed!
As we are speaking now, many state governments don't pay their graduates up to 70k. Most are between the range of 50 to 60k. You will see someone who has worked for more than 10 years earning around 70k in many states in Nigeria!! Federal workers earn more.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by ogaontop(m): 8:49pm On May 22
Biodun556:

The 58000 naira is basic salary excluding allowances

You're lost bro, the 54k is the consolidated salary without tax, after tax should be around 45 or 48k
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by pikechukwu6(m): 8:58pm On May 22
Agbadorian will hid their face.. grin

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Bluntemperor: 10:14pm On May 22
Dundalk:
where rent?

Or you should have put under bridge at number 6..

President Tinubu-should face the reality on this Minimum Wages by now and it doesn't show seriousness that After removal of Subsidies,things have sky rockets almost three times the initial Prices.e.g egg that was N1,200 is now 4k.
•The Govt should NOT play into the hands of NLC and Opposition because Nigerians are struggling with the Economic conditions.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Melagros(m): 10:58pm On May 22
ForValour:
Mumu government
I'm surprised hearing this from you
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Kamor010255: 4:27am On May 23
Lumarstone:
The proposed amount as minimum wage is grossly inadequate. Bachelors like corps members can't even cope with that figure let alone family Men with children. Minimum wage should not be less than two hundred kky, or close to that figure. Any amount less than #120,000 is a joke and daylight scam.

I left..!

Most of you obviously don't know anything about anything...have you asked yourself about how many staffers are in level 1?....
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by ForValour: 5:10am On May 23
Melagros:
I'm surprised hearing this from you
On what basis
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by NEUDUDE: 12:55pm On May 23
You don minus cybersecurity levy inside lol grin. Bunch of clowns

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Hangs Out With A Masquerade (Photos) / Police Knows The Sponsors Of Herdsmen But Can’t Arrest Them – Former Naval Chief / Court Reverses Sack Of IGP Usman Alkali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.