Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,466 members, 7,864,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage (29143 Views)

Hold Tinubu Responsible If There Is Breakdown Of Law & Order In Kano - Atiku / Breakdown Of What President Buhari, Osinbajo Will Receive As Salaries/allowances / Breakdown Of Politicians Whose Certificates Of Return Were Withdrawn By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Biodun556(m): 2:52pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:
1. Health - 10k but do not fall sick, else you die, better still least it can buy Paracetamol.

2. Food- 10k for the month, buy two basket of garri, sugar and groundnut. Forget protein it is for the politicians.

3. Education - 12k or forget school, let your children stay at home.

4. Transport- 10k Any how you get to your workplace is your business, if you cannot cope, resign.

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8

The 58000 naira is basic salary excluding allowances
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by fmlala: 2:53pm On May 22
Housing should be on number 6 but was ignored.

To me the amount is even too much, they can divide it into 3 so Government will have enough to loot.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by uvie66: 2:53pm On May 22
Lumarstone:
The proposed amount as minimum wage is grossly inadequate. Bachelors like corps members can't even cope with that figure let alone family Men with children. Minimum wage should not be less than two hundred kky, or close to that figure. Any amount less than #120,000 is a joke and daylight scam.

I left..!
Put up a position for Security officer at 50k a month make you see how many people go rush.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Padipadi: 2:53pm On May 22
ForValour:
Mumu government
Use the word insensitive and callous.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Writervick(m): 2:55pm On May 22
Wow

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by ovie8200: 2:57pm On May 22
Most importantly, the shelter (house and rent) is omitted.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by puremaker7(m): 2:57pm On May 22
Helpfromabove1:

As much as don’t support that amount but from your comment you are not getting something

Minimum wage is diff from entry level wage

Minimum wage is the least amount that can be paid as wages

Fresh graduates is certainly higher than the least amount

People in the least amount should be cleaners, gardeners maybe drivers e.t.c
Are we not having family men among the cleaners
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by casualobserver: 2:58pm On May 22
Mcreloaded:
Edo state is paying way more than this.
Fedral government should do better and pay nothing less than N200 000

Employment is selling your Labour.

The economic output or GDP per capita of the AVERAGE Nigerian worker Is N250k a month.

Therefore, Is the minimum wage worker who is several rungs below average doing work worth N200k?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Kingpele(m): 2:59pm On May 22
Terrible minimum wage
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Streetdoctor: 2:59pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:
1. Health - 10k but do not fall sick, else you die, better still least it can buy Paracetamol.

2. Food- 10k for the month, buy two basket of garri, sugar and groundnut. Forget protein it is for the politicians.

4. Transport- 10k Any how you get to your workplace is your business, if you cannot cope, resign.

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8
Lolssssss, ur talent should be with AY, basketmouth and co dem. U don't HV business with any other ting aside that

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Raylight2(m): 3:00pm On May 22
Dundalk:
where rent?

Or you should have put under bridge at number 6..

Under bridge sef is #250k

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Streetdoctor: 3:02pm On May 22
Ofunaofu:

No rent; the worker will live on trees. 
Holy Bleep, when I thought that Sadiq has finished entertaining us never knew that anoda badass niggar is waiting to drop his
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Emma09(m): 3:02pm On May 22
As a Government worker, I for don hear am if I no buy My korope in 2021 whey I still dey take hustle for night till date. Bus is still in perfect condition. I no carry am give one idiot why for don condemn am for me. In fact, dem Neva open the engine since when I buy am na just service, change of coil, plugs and Nozzles I don do since I buy the bus. Na my side hustle dey sustain me and family till salary come. I just pity who no get side hustle as a salary earner.

4 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by AGBADOAREWAGOAT: 3:02pm On May 22
Minimum wage shouldn't be anything less than 200,000KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by aguluobi: 3:02pm On May 22
Na one mod move this nonsense to frontpage

Seun should start attaching names of mod that move each thread to frontpage so we can know thread to avoid

Just imagine the level of IQ THAT COULD LEAD ANY RATIONAL BEING moving this nonsense to frontpage.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by emkz: 3:03pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8
Nairaland Moderators, PLEASE DO YOUR OWN ANALYSES BEFORE PUSHING SOME TOPICS TO THE FRONTPAGE.

Anyone who has a valid employment contract knows that the way salary is broken down includes:

(1) Basic salary: this is where minimum wage applies.

(2) Healthcare - this can be monetized or the company takes care of it. Some companies cover the healthcare for up to 4 family members. My employer paid for my glasses many years ago.

(3) Transport allowance. The company may provide a staff bus or contribute to the employee's transport bills. Some government organizations actually give fuel allowance. I won't mention them.

(4) Education: in some government agencies, they provide schools for free or heavily subsidized for the children of their staff members. They are also required to train their staff. That is why you find some banks send some staff to big schools like INSEAD or Havard for training.

Let me look at my previous offer letters to see what was built in.

Okay, I'm back.

Also included are the following:

(5) Housing allowance
(6) Relocation allowance (paid once I think).
(7) Holiday allowance. You are entitled to a paid holiday. Some can call this 13th month. In other cases, the holiday allowances and 13th month are separate.

Others are: food tickets or food subsidy (some companies provide preloaded cards that can be used for food), domestic staff allowance, entertainment allowance, and even furniture expenses. In some cases, clothing allowance are included. Some companies pay bonuses depending on profitability and performances.

Usually when the allowances are included, it is not as bad as many people make it seem. The allowances outweighs the minimum wage.

So let's be aware of the limitations of our arguments so as not to stress an already stressed society.

If you get a job, I think it is a law for these things to be negotiated. NLC and TUC can negotiate for higher food subsidies, transportation allowance and health allowance in employee's contracts to make the salary fat. Some companies pay festive bonuses like Christmas and Sallah to employees.

You'd never hear some government employees complain about these things because they are already enjoying them.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by wittywriter: 3:04pm On May 22
SadiqBabaSani:

5. Electricity - 5k

6. Others- 8
E BE THINGS.

Wittyness.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Dundalk(m): 3:04pm On May 22
Raylight2:

Under bridge sef is #250k
grin
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by KillahPriest: 3:05pm On May 22
[quote author=SadiqBabaSani post=130075466][/quote] tighten your belt and buy one basket of garril, the balance you can put towards rent
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by sfinkzslot(m): 3:10pm On May 22
RENT nko
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by casualobserver: 3:11pm On May 22
Lumarstone:
The proposed amount as minimum wage is grossly inadequate. Bachelors like corps members can't even cope with that figure let alone family Men with children. Minimum wage should not be less than two hundred kky, or close to that figure. Any amount less than #120,000 is a joke and daylight scam.

I left..!

The right level of minimum wage is around N50-80k.

Many Minimum wage workers do not know the reason they have a job today is because they earn M30k or N40k, inadequate as that may be to get by.

The minute minimum wage rises above N60k many more people will be made unemployed. People will start asking themselves do I really need 4 security guards instead of 2, do I need a houseboy and a maid, do I need someone at the entrance to my supermarket whose only job is to tear receipts. Etc etc

Be careful what you wish for.

The reason why Nigeria’s minimum wage cannot take a worker to the end of the month is because the Nigerian worker is unskilled, inefficient and unproductive. Even plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers and cooks, we prefer people from Benin republic who are more productive l. You need multiple Nigerian workers to do the job of 1 person and so they share the salary. If a Nigerian worker was more productive he would earn more because his employer would not need to employ multiple people to do the same task.

You say N200k is not enough, when you lose the job you have now that pays you N40 or 50k because your employer cannot afford to play you N200k, then you will understand the plight of those who have no jobs and appreciate that at least your 40k job did something for you.

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Reality3080: 3:12pm On May 22
DMerciful:
Tinubu has pushed about 67 million people into poverty. I dare say the number of poor people has moved from 133 million Buhari left it to 200 million.

If you're living with less than $2(N3000) per day, you're living in poverty according to United Nations.

That means the minimum wage for a bachelor needs to be atleast N90,000 (N3,000 x 30days) to be above poverty line, how much more a family of 6!!!
justiceleague so this is d madness u perpetrate everywhere?
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by YouCantSeeMee: 3:13pm On May 22
Na buhari cus am 🥱
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by biz2get(m): 3:15pm On May 22
Rent nko
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by THilfiger(m): 3:16pm On May 22
Is 54k the living wage druggie was alluding to in this terrible situation he induced.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:16pm On May 22
This is funny
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Reality3080: 3:17pm On May 22
aguluobi:
Na one mod move this nonsense to frontpage

Seun should start attaching names of mod that move each thread to frontpage so we can know thread to avoid

Just imagine the level of IQ THAT COULD LEAD ANY RATIONAL BEING moving this nonsense to frontpage.
one igbo mod have been doing that madness n Seun is looking away

Look at the news that wheel barrow is now 120k that was how they rushed to put it on fp without verifying it

U should observe that any anti government thread hits front page without verification
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Polchiz(m): 3:18pm On May 22
emkz:

Nairaland Moderators, PLEASE DO YOUR OWN ANALYSES BEFORE PUSHING SOME TOPICS TO THE FRONTPAGE.

Anyone who has a valid employment contract knows that the way salary is broken down includes:

(1) Basic salary: this is where minimum wage applies.

(2) Healthcare - this can be monetized or the company takes care of it. Some companies cover the healthcare for up to 4 family members. My employer paid for my glasses many years ago.

(3) Transport allowance. The company may provide a staff bus or contribute to the employee's transport bills. Some government organizations actually give fuel allowance. I won't mention them.

(4) Education: in some government agencies, they provide schools other free or heavily subsidized for the children of their staff members.

Let me look at my previous offer letters to see what is built in.

Okay, I'm back.

Also included are the following:

(5) Housing allowance
(6) Relocation allowance (paid once I think).
(7) Holiday allowance. You are entitled to a paid holiday. Some can call this 13th month.

Others are: food tickets or subsidy, domestic staff allowance, entertainment, and even furniture expenses. In some cases, clothing allowance are included. Some companies pay bonuses depending on profitability and allowances.

Usually when the allowances are included, it is not as bad as many people make it seem.

So let's be aware of the limitations of our arguments so as not to stress an already stressed society.

If you get a job, I think it is a law for these things to be negotiated. NLC and TUC can negotiate for higher food subsidies, transportation allowance and health allowance in employee's contracts to make the salary fat. Some companies pay festive bonuses like Christmas and Sallah to employees.

You'd never hear some government employees complain about these things because they are already enjoying them.
You are right for MDAs and reputable organisations. Many private organisations out there don't pay anything else apart from basic salary. Even the salary is sometimes delayed.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by Honestey: 3:21pm On May 22
FG created a massive problem and now they want to run away from it but it's not possible because it's unbearable problem that cannot be shifted away or patch up by the recipients.
200k minimum wage today is just to make the suffering easier not to relieve anyone completely.
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by rotadeco27: 3:21pm On May 22
The problem that if the minimum wage is increased by a certain factor , prices of things will jump up with the equipment or even more. With 600k proposed by the NLC , expect a bag of rise to be about 1.4m
FG should scrap all these high taxes on locally produces products and agriculture. Tackle insecurity head and let farmer go back to farms , connect all rurals areas where food are being produced to the cities for easy access. Encourage SME by tax less policies so as to produce a basic needs locally.
It is only the import rate that should be maintained high to encourage patronage for the locals . Ensure standard local products and not so called " Nigeria made" that literally means fake products.
Once our little money can procure our basic needs , recurring demands for wage increase won't be an issue
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by thatigboman: 3:22pm On May 22
Dundalk:
where rent?

Or you should have put under bridge at number 6..
is it from minimum wage that worker will rent house?
Re: Breakdown Of Federal Government 54k Minimum Wage by 828Stony: 3:22pm On May 22
Helpfromabove1:

As much as don’t support that amount but from your comment you are not getting something

Minimum wage is diff from entry level wage

Minimum wage is the least amount that can be paid as wages

Fresh graduates is certainly higher than the least amount

People in the least amount should be cleaners, gardeners maybe drivers e.t.c
are you saying the cleaners and drivers don't deserve to eat protein?, are you saying they don't deserve a better living condition?, people are currently surviving on their past savings, what happens when it runs out, cuz we gather know say government no go every address inflation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Sureties Know Fate Tomorrow / Dino Melaye Reacts To His Loss At Appeal Court / “I Am Your Father” – Wike Tells Dakuku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.