Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,037 members, 7,863,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe (17001 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Woman With Three Explosives In Cross River / Amotekun Arrests Woman For Selling Day-Old Baby To Ondo Pastor For N10,000 (Pix) / Police Arrests Woman Filmed Flogging And Locking A Boy Inside A Dog Cage (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Newlymarried(f): 7:41am On May 22
Investigators of the Gombe Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested a woman, Janty Emmanuel for allegedly abusing the Nigerian currency.

She was arrested on Monday, May 20, 2024 following intelligence that spotted her spraying Naira notes at a social event .

Upon arrest, the suspect was shown the video where she was dancing at G-Connect, Tumfure, Gombe State and spraying Naira notes of N1000 denomination. She admitted committing the crime.

She will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by NaijaCover(m): 8:16am On May 22
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Seyi8750: 8:26am On May 22
What if she burn the useless nair notes. Nothing special about naira again in this Tinubu era. Confused agbado. Confused corntree.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by sonssyo(f): 8:27am On May 22
wahala everywhere for Naija, let the poor breath grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by irunoko(m): 8:27am On May 22
grin

Is aunty folasade tinu above arrest? grin

I thought what is good for the goose is good for the gander grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Nwaikpe: 8:28am On May 22
Until EFCC makes an attempt to arrest Hamas terrorists I will see them unserious.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Olachase(m): 8:28am On May 22
good morning, Nigerians
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by suolboy(m): 8:28am On May 22
EFFC Again

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by daniska3yaro(m): 8:28am On May 22
Hmmm
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by chatinent: 8:28am On May 22
1. EFCC arrests the poor.

But...

The same EFCC invites the rich for questioning.

The difference is money.

If you check well, the crime of the poor cannot be compared to that of the rich but they cannot be jailed in Nigeria. That is why ex Kano gov could fight them and escape in this same Nigeria! But you as a poor man, try am now.

Spoiler: One certain time the members of the EFCC came over to my estate and, as you know, picked many boys...even scapegoats (an ice-cream seller waiting for change and etc). Now everyone was labelled a Yahoo Boy. You know they like numbers. Cos the more, the better. I dey watch from my window at the far rear of the other street when negotiations started and some was let go and they squeezed the rest.

Make I give una update: anybody wey you see say EFCC televise after catching, most times are those who didn't meet up the bribe (from the point of arrest).

2. During Environmental Sanitation in Nigeria, there's always a curfew (for the poor), and a pardon for those on essential duties (the rich). One of the two if caught will be squeezed and arrested, then heavily fined, while the other will be saluted and even begged for money by the taskforce.

The difference is your status.

3. The police is meant for the rich against the poor in Nigeria. The rich believe the poor are the major perpetrators of crime.

The police serve as security details for the rich, and they see the poor as another means to flex their powers, and of course extort them. That is why there's a kind of car you'll drive in Nigeria and no checkpoint can dare stop you. Even the soldiers!

Wanna try?

Buy two Hilux, two Tacoma muscle and two Prado. Mix the arrangement: the Hilux and Tacoma at the front and the other two at the back with both Prados in the centre...then drive at 180km/hr on any road in Nigeria. Even if you kidnapped a fellow citizen inside or carry drugs, the policemen, road safety, army, civil defence and gbogbotibgo cannot stop you. Instead, they will help you and be clearing the road off other vehicles and pedestrians.

4. Do you know it's safer to steal bigger sums in Nigeria than smaller sums?

If you steal ₦4000 in St Michaels, Aba, Abia State, before your people even know what's happened, you'd have been roasted by two tyres, two litres of fuel and general beating with only a grace to speak unless it's your last prayer you demand for.

But if you steal ₦50bn in Nigeria, do you know you will go scottfree? At all at all, dem go say make you forfeit ₦50m bail and they'll release you. Now think it, someone who stole ₦50bn is returning ₦50m. That's like stealing ₦100k and being told to return ₦1.

So stealing is legal for the rich. All laws made in Nigeria are for the poor.

I remember when one Road Safety officer stopped me. I was on seatbelt and had my driver's licence with an updated paperwork, fire extinguisher, triangle and even a new spare since I had changed the four tyres. Can you believe what the man threatened to charge me with as he saw nothing else? He said he'd charge me for not moving with my original papers but the photostat. I didn't utter a word and he spoke and got tired until another officer came, asked what happened and told me to go reprimanding him of the overdo. They later begged me for tips and guess what! I didn't give them politely.

5.You think I am lying? Do you know the cell or jail the big men stay in Nigeria is different from the one the poor men stay?

Mr Chairman, with these few points of mine, I wish to educate you that whatever you fit do to make money in Nigeria, just do it.

If you still don't have any reason to have money in Nigeria, just have the money.

I'm available for research writing. Thanks.

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Coolbreeze1988(m): 8:28am On May 22
Alright o but what about that Army officer who wrote on the naira notes some days ago
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by twentyk(m): 8:28am On May 22
Fine girls dey Gombe??

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Ofunaofu: 8:29am On May 22
Good one

Please, when is the EFCC arresting Monday Okpebholo for the same crime of Naira abuse

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Kindness218: 8:29am On May 22

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by RoiNews2: 8:30am On May 22
Christian

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Minjim: 8:30am On May 22
EFCC should spare us this drama and go after corrupt politicians that are causing the masses real pain .
Not these kind of petty crime

7 Likes

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Kellie069(m): 8:31am On May 22
lol! Selective arrest! If u wanna really arrest people, go to parties , disguise and wait make dem spray finish and put dem inside white hiace bus’. Very simple

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Greenfusion: 8:32am On May 22
EFCC has actually become useless......na people when dey spray be their target now.....the real thieves them suppose catch den dey play deaf n blind...yeye people

4 Likes

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:33am On May 22
Some people are difficult to arrest...
Efcc still joking if dey hv not arrest some people
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Yankee101: 8:35am On May 22
Northerners no send
We have lots of their videos online
Why haven’t they been arrested?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by haphizz57(m): 8:36am On May 22
Abi no be d same Naira wey no get level among oda currencies
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by yahmohy27: 8:38am On May 22
Seyi8750:
What if she burn the useless nair notes. Nothing special about naira again in this Tinubu era. Confused agbado. Confused corntree.
You can do that for her

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by techub: 8:38am On May 22
At least they have done WAZOBIA

WA bobrisky
ZO this woman
BIA kubana chief priest

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Randal: 8:39am On May 22
Arrest politicians too
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by yahmohy27: 8:39am On May 22
Nwaikpe:
Until EFCC makes an attempt to arrest Hamas te
rrorists I will see them unserious.
Childish ...To comment is not by force sir

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by Fhowe: 8:39am On May 22
sonssyo:
wahala everywhere for Naija, let the poor breath grin grin
na to begin spray $1 shebi that one no be crime
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by BarrElChapo(m): 8:40am On May 22
Chai
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by babakay69: 8:40am On May 22
Efcc is not actuallly a serious sector....... what have they done to obi cubana? What have they done to yahaya bello since... Efcc is just busy during with the poor and affording the elite.... what a country

1 Like

Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by symbianDON(m): 8:40am On May 22
Imagine what EFCC is now chasing after......when there are more economic misgivings affecting the whole country. Na wa for this new EFCC o!
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by NothingDoMe: 8:45am On May 22
babakay69:
Efcc is not actuallly a serious sector....... what have they done to obi cubana? What have they done to yahaya bello since... Efcc is just busy during with the poor and affording the elite.... what a country
They can't touch Cubana. He dealt them a legal blow. They'll be waiting in secret for revenge.
Re: Naira Abuse: EFCC Arrests Woman In Gombe by NothingDoMe: 8:47am On May 22
Fhowe:
na to begin spray $1 shebi that one no be crime
They will arrest you for putting pressure on the Naira by spraying dollars.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Out Of Ten Youths In Lagos Are Cultists – Police / Teenage Driver Kills Toddler In Lagos / Task Force Arrests, Prosecutes 13 "7-up" Workers For Traffic Offence (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.