Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,624 members, 7,865,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso (13368 Views)

Cardoso Fired 25 Of 29 Directors He Met At CBN – Daily Trust / It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves / Disquiet In CBN As Cardoso Retires ‘Emefiele’s Directors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by InkVerseHub: 11:16am On May 22
Normally Nigeria will be great again 🙌🏼

In the meantime, if you want to launch a website for your personal/business use, you can try using web scripts which are cheaper and faster than building a website from scratch.
Contact me through details on signature for more enlightenment.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Snowx: 11:17am On May 22
persons supporting APC administration are mad

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by LordBillionz: 11:17am On May 22
But starting inflation won't take time?

Why did you dull lot floated the Naira?

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Blaze14k: 11:17am On May 22
CodeTemplar:
Inflation is fast but fighting it is slow.

Exactly you got the point😂😂😂
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by StraightGaay: 11:18am On May 22
This Cardi B face resemble Smeagle

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by chatinent: 11:18am On May 22
But before now, you people acted like others had a magic wand.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by InvertedHammer: 11:19am On May 22
/
Increasing the interest rates cannot fight inflation and spur growth in the quasi-economy they are running in Nigeria. This is not a western economy with all systems in place. Unlike other countries, inflation in Nigeria is being caused by insecurity and disjointed policies of the government that change almost every month.

As a matter of fact, they need to knock down the interest rates to near zero to help the manufacturing industries stay in business for economic prosperity. Countries that embraced industrialization kept interest rates significantly lower for extended period of time.

/

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Niceguy440: 11:20am On May 22
Even if they give you 20years in the office their is nothing you and your master can do about our economy you better go and sit down mr man.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by casualobserver: 11:20am On May 22
Antoeni:
Most Dull & Confused CBN Governor

Most dull and unenlightened citizens. All the major western countries and central bank governors have been battling inflation since 2021, it is still not under control. Cardozo is not even 1 yr in office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by nedu666: 11:22am On May 22
Oga cardi b, as long as customs continues to increase customs duties and herdsmen refuse to give farmers a break, this your battle against inflation will take years

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by mikeapollo: 11:22am On May 22
AcuraZDX:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/22/we-have-no-magic-wand-tackling-inflation-will-take-time-central-bank-governor-cardoso#google_vignette

Clueless people in govt.
You woke up one day and decided to float the naira recklessly without any consultation. That singular act has destroyed the naira and a major cause of inflation. Now, you are saying that tackling the self-inflicted inflation will take time. Incompetence!

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Sirkingsnado: 11:22am On May 22
grin grin useless set of people

Anywhere I blame those bastard that voted APC

Urchins

3 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by chibnnodi: 11:22am On May 22
You're the worst CBN governor, no good monetary policy. The same with the minister of finance. Both of you are big mess.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by qtx(m): 11:25am On May 22
AcuraZDX:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/22/we-have-no-magic-wand-tackling-inflation-will-take-time-central-bank-governor-cardoso#google_vignette
He stated, “I have several times and I will say again, there is no magic wand. These are things that need to take their time.
But during political campaigns they won't tell you this o. Nigerians shine your eyes. grin
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by SmartyPants(m): 11:26am On May 22
ThiefnubuBandit:
Foolish idiot. You have no magic wand but your drug criminal presidiot said that it was his turn to rule. So he didn't know that he had no magic wand before beating that his dry cocaine-damaged chest.

Assuming this is actually supposed to be a point, how are Tinubu's life decisions now supposed to be Cardoso's problem?? cheesy
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by danzaki63: 11:26am On May 22
Go and collect the one with Obi , after using it, give it back in 2027.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by EdiskyHarry: 11:26am On May 22
Continue giving your foolish supporters false hope

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by lexy2014: 11:27am On May 22
helinues:
Abi

Rome wasn't built in a day now
why did you, buhari, tinubu and APC not think of that when Jonathan was president?

is tinubu building or destroying?

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Coconunu(m): 11:27am On May 22
You are a big fool

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by superCleanworks(m): 11:28am On May 22
killsmith:
Then resign and give others a chance.

CBN is not Chelsea FC
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by skj1377(m): 11:29am On May 22
You caused the inflation. The best is for you and your principal to be replaced. Afterwards inflation will decrease.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by latonione: 11:32am On May 22
Any professional economist know this, and be humanely enough to put people into considerations in all undertakings. Japan is battling deflation for more than two decades, so, we in the know really know there is no magic wand.
But I think there is perfect solution for artificial inflation caused by excessive arbitration via majorly by Crypto.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Fcwilly: 11:32am On May 22
helinues:
Abi

Are we in Rome?
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Believeintruth: 11:33am On May 22
casualobserver:

Most dull and unenlightened citizens. All the major western countries and central bank governors have been battling inflation since 2021, it is still not under control. Cardozo is not even 1 yr in office.

May God of Elijah punish you with consuming fire.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Fcwilly: 11:35am On May 22
Better go and look for the Magic wands APC is the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by zionstaar75: 11:35am On May 22
Millimann:
Clueless people supported by stu.pid BATerian rodents.
wailing by 11am on a working day when people are doing big things. Lazy unproductive thing,twe!
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by SaiOba: 11:36am On May 22
Don't mind him.. now he agrees that Rome wasn't built in a day. Those are the kind of people we share the same country with.
lexy2014:

why did you, buhari, tinubu and APC not think of that when Jonathan was president?

is tinubu building or destroying?
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by just2endowed: 11:37am On May 22
StraightGaay:
This Cardi B face resemble Smeagle

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Treadway: 11:37am On May 22
casualobserver:

normal normal I have been reading your lies and distortions, but this one irked me so bad that I had to break my code of engaging with certain types of elements like you on here. Just to puncture your lie, and for others to learn, kindly show us inflation rates of these countries you mentioned that have been battling inflation of just a measly 20% not even our current 34% since 2021.

I already explained all in my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/8017949/way-nigeria-people-govt-got
, esp how I told all who cared to listen that Cardunce-o is at best an australopithecus in a suit...and it feels good to know that I have been vindicated.

I have added the inflation rates for 4 countries, warring Ukraine included as of today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by jiz: 11:42am On May 22
It's indeed a long ride. May Nigeria succeed !
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by DaddyCoool: 11:44am On May 22
helinues:
Abi

Yeah, but it's been more than a day
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by oshiokpu(m): 11:45am On May 22
At this stage, I honestly don’t think this governor knows what he is doing. All his approach are text book approach for standard situations . A policy of increasing interest rates to curb inflation will never work in Nigeria because Nigeria’s situation is not standard .Manufacturers/SMEs are complaining that Interest rate is already too high yet the keep increasing it. Consumer lending is very negligible in Nigeria so when you increase rate you are only stifling lending to Manufacturers/Corporates/MSME who are supposed to be the drivers of the economy. If local manufacturers can not get cheap loans to finance production, how can you turn the economy around? How can you drive cost of Forex down? God please help us oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Militants Destroy Trans-niger Pipeline, Nigeria Loses 150,000bpd / "SUREBET247 IS A Scam"see Reasons Inside / Nigerian Businesses Face Losses As The Twitter Ban Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.