Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso (13357 Views)

Cardoso Fired 25 Of 29 Directors He Met At CBN – Daily Trust / It's Not Our Intention To Defend The Naira - Cardoso Speaks On Foreign Reserves / Disquiet In CBN As Cardoso Retires ‘Emefiele’s Directors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Forumites: 12:41pm On May 22
anonimi:

With defenders online and offline who are Stockholm syndrome patients, we are on to a loooonnnnggg thing.

Suddenly the BATerians have no clue what to say about their Asiwaju who built Lagos alone into a 1st world economy that is 5th.

forget those guys. Wetin go trigger revolution dey inside politicians pocket. End sars was a sign and then the Banex plaza issue…. E go be one day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Brushstrokes20: 12:42pm On May 22
Correct!.... Pathetic congregation of failed as Fvck, self serving THIEVES! 💯💯💯💯💯
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by sheffybugatty: 12:47pm On May 22
Don't expect anything from this govt because they will eventually Bleep you up.

All man for himsefl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by IJIJ: 12:48pm On May 22
Pls Mr CBN Governor, Resign Abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by biseducator(m): 12:49pm On May 22
Incompetence at it's peak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Panda7(m): 12:59pm On May 22
[quote author=AcuraZDX post=130081888]
[/quotes]
Idiots in govt, hire a data analyst. Thats a sim.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by caye(m): 1:00pm On May 22
ElevationD:
Let’s hope.
We are in it already. The only choice is hope.

A lot of hopeful men... are guest's in the mortuary now.

Don't be hopeful.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by youngrichnigga: 1:06pm On May 22
From "hitting the ground running" to "We have no magic wand" This is a gargantuan Gagaundecided undecided undecided
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Justnation: 1:08pm On May 22
You are the definition of incompetence and cluelessness.

Please resign and stop causing us more misery
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Vadese1: 1:39pm On May 22
Sir you are not far from the truth. What a useless government
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Growing(m): 1:44pm On May 22
Now it is a matter of patience.

Are you tired blaming aboki and crypto?
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by aviara: 1:48pm On May 22
Tinubu. O-L-O-D-O

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by holluwai(m): 1:49pm On May 22
They’ve done everything but go after bank big boys
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by aviara: 1:49pm On May 22
We have finally reach a TOWNHALL different from BALA BLU
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Treadway: 1:53pm On May 22
casualobserver:

Inflation is relative. When Nigerias inflation was 14-17% for example, the west had an average inflation of 2%. Now it is about 3% in the west and to them it is a big deal enough to derail their economies. For us 3% is paradise because we have never had 3% inflation in my life time and I am no spring chicken. During Nigeria’s best economic boom since 1999 our lowest inflation rate was 7.8%. Western economies will collapse if their inflation gets to 6%….it almost did when it recently got to 5% which is the battle they have been fighting for 3 years and still have not succeeded (they are still @3%). Their target is 2%. In the US inflation is 3%, car sales have fallen, house sales have fallen, basic food items have skyrocketed. And this is just 3% inflation. We have 33% inflation but a growing economy, yet the US @ 3% inflation is tethering on the edge of stagflation…..assuming you know what that means!

They are a debt economy, we are a cash economy. In the west just 1% change in inflation can be the difference between a man losing his house and having his car repossessed. It is not so In Nigeria because we pay cash for every thing. Interest rates and inflation work differently in Nigeria and the west. So they are not like for like.

Therefore Mr wannabe Ignoramus economist, I suggest If you don’t understand economics do not comment on matters of economics just because you can pull up figures from the internet. You have to have understanding of the figures. This is not a beer parlour matter, you need to understand the meaning of the figures you are quoting and you clearly do not.

3% inflation is enough for Americans to cut down on basics like milk.
of course you deferred to worthless shalaye..all of a sudden it remembers Einstein's theory of relativity..smh

Evidently, I have more neural activity in my left testicle, than you do in your entire brain, despite being a spring chicken.

I have pointed out what I needed to, and have no interest in engaging you any further, due to paragraph 2 above.

Carry on...

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by aviara: 1:53pm On May 22
I am waiting to hear Prof Woke Soyinka appraisal of this government. He said he can't say anything about Tinubu's govt until after one year of his administration. Let us see if he has the courage to denigrate this government like he did to previous govts. Soyinka has shown himself to be ethnically sentimental.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by ayo2008: 1:56pm On May 22
AcuraZDX:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/22/we-have-no-magic-wand-tackling-inflation-will-take-time-central-bank-governor-cardoso#google_vignette

Tackling inflation will take time while politicians leave large. Still wonder why an average Nigerian is at the receiving end.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by tnerro1(m): 1:56pm On May 22
Uncle , stop floating the naira. Defend the naira like you will defend ur wife in the oza room so you can score an own goal
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Charly68: 2:01pm On May 22
You really to go for real research to solve Nigerian"s economic palava .. it seems to be hydra headed in nature .
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by aviara: 2:03pm On May 22
I AM SORRY, MY GOVT IS A FAILURE.

But I must rule for 8 years because EMILOKAN

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by benjaminlawson(m): 2:14pm On May 22
You don't have magic to reduce inflation, but you have magic to induce inflation few hours after your inauguration, through a taught less announcement of subsidy is gone. You are elected not to buy hatch, renovating your resident and that of your vice, and purchasing 160 million vehicles each to nass members and jamboree traveling in the name of conference and foreign visit.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Everlastingson: 2:15pm On May 22
AcuraZDX:

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/22/we-have-no-magic-wand-tackling-inflation-will-take-time-central-bank-governor-cardoso#google_vignette

Cardoso has inadvertently thrown in the towel. Tinubu will handle the economy while Shettima will handle security. All to no avail. Tinubu wey no fit handle himself na him wan come handle economy. Smh.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by ablejesus26(m): 2:18pm On May 22
Antoeni:
Most Dull & Confused CBN Governor

Don't mind that failure called Tinubu,just go carry one alajo Shomolu come from nowhere se na CBN Governor.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Phantom233: 2:21pm On May 22
Theses useless people again. The Main question is who caused the so called inflation and all these economic crisis. Imagine where we are today just within one year. Dollar rose from 700 to almost 2k . Talkless of fuel, food stuff etc. And they're already strategizing on how to rigged Next elections . It's high time the military comes to our rescue.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by freemanq(m): 2:23pm On May 22
So no hope in the economy for the next 3 years in Renewed hope agenda .
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Blazetrailer: 2:24pm On May 22
LOL!!
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Bimpe29: 2:24pm On May 22
Hmmm! It is well with us.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Justiceganduje: 2:25pm On May 22
helinues:
Abi

Rome wasn't built in a day now
Do you want to travel and work in Rome?

1 Like

Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by ElevationD: 2:28pm On May 22
caye:

A lot of hopeful men... are guest's in the mortuary now.

Don't be hopeful.

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Matthew 12:21 “In his name the nations will put their hope”

Hope is to look at the future with belief and assurance.

A lot of hopeless men are long dead.
Have some hope.
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by Borrow222: 2:29pm On May 22
latonione:
Any professional economist know this, and be humanely enough to put people into considerations in all undertakings. Japan is battling deflation for more than two decades, so, we in the know really know there is no magic wand.
But I think there is perfect solution for artificial inflation caused by excessive arbitration via majorly by Crypto.
M..u..m ...u
Re: We Have No Magic Wand, Tackling Inflation Will Take Time—Cardoso by 7arrows: 2:33pm On May 22
AcuraZDX:

You and your boss are all failures. When u guys contested you said you will make it happen, u didn't say it was difficult, u knew what u were getting into, u know nigeria was already in a pit. So why are you all now playing blame game. And u will continue playing it till 2027 and u will still contest. May God Almighty PUR.....SH you all for what you are doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Register A Trademark In Nigeria / Which Industries/companies Buy Honey In Large Quantities / World ('diaspora') Remittances In The World From 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.