Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,284 members, 7,867,756 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK (46459 Views)

UK University Offers To Fund Flights Home For Nigerian Students Ordered To Leave / Teesside University / University Of Uyo Cult Clash: One Killed; Students Ordered To Vacate Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Mosdiii(m): 1:41pm On May 22
overall90:
Why are they all having funny looks shocked

Na excessive suffer cause am. They were better off using that 33m they wasted over there to live a large life here in Nigeria or any other cheap country

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by lululovesblue(f): 1:43pm On May 22
I did. Did I miss something? Please let me know
advanceDNA:

U nor read the article naaa

... How u no go confuse
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Elolam87(m): 1:43pm On May 22
Insensitive statement,Nigerians are so bitter to one another and that's why the suffering will continue.
Frankbaro:
They should all be deported, most of them and their foolish parents supported this mistake of a government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by verifiablefacts: 1:44pm On May 22
Were they saving in Naira?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Mosdiii(m): 1:44pm On May 22
lululovesblue:
I'm a bit confused, sorry if I sound ignorant. But these people look mature in age. Like late twenties early thirties, mid-thirties even. How does the economic crisis in Nigeria affect them? Do they depend on their Nigerian relatives to send them money for schooling? They can't get jobs in the UK then? If I hadn't seen their pictures I would have assumed they were teenagers or people in their early 20s. Or they don't have time to get jobs because their schoolwork is so time consuming? So long as you follow requirements you can definitely work on a student visa, even if it's just during vacations or just on-campus

Na plenty suffering for UK cause am. For your information 75% of those who japa are above 30 years old

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by back2sender: 1:46pm On May 22
They should be deported back to the country.
Nigeria is flowing with milk and honey now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by phygo89(m): 1:46pm On May 22
africanusvu:
,are you someone ekpa, please u are wanted here immediately
LOL.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Kingray10: 1:47pm On May 22
Truthsandtrusts:

Who send owner to japa
Shay you dy enjoy the price of commodity for where you they.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by LegendHero(m): 1:47pm On May 22
mysticwarrior:
E no dey easy like before again as you dey think am o

I think people that don't have their dependent travel with them could have slight issues. But even at that, if what you brought from home could pay your first year schoolfees, they should be able to hustle out the next school fees on their own.

Maybe I dey use USA sense in my judgement but I also have a brother for UK who was able to continue sponsoring himself through jobs there as a student.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:47pm On May 22
Let them be patient.

Manna's current Darling Daddy is staying awake every night to fix Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by advanceDNA: 1:48pm On May 22
Gboom:

Put yourself in their shoes

U are being pathetic....and its funny and irritating at the same time ....

Will the University not collect its money?? Why don't u put ur self in the shoes of the University??

All this protest will just make UK change their laws on proof of funds...

that's how some bought COS which is illegal in the first place and have the guts to come and complain in public ...Nigerians can't be discreet ..it's annoying....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by UnabashedIPOB: 1:50pm On May 22
I am certain some if NOT all of these students used to be patriotic and proud Nigerians until Nigeria happened to them. It's always the case, that Nigerians support anything bad as long as they are NOT yet victims but the moment they become victims, they would start singing a different tune and want the world to come to their rescue. This is a message to all of you patriotic and proud Nigerians: keep loving your Nigeria until you become its victim.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by anonimi: 1:53pm On May 22
Sheuns:
Home and abroad na frustration.

The tribulation of emilokan BATeria infection no be here, walahi.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by casualobserver: 1:54pm On May 22
It is the people that refuse to pay more than N60k for university tuition back home that are causing all this nonsense.

If tuition was allowed to rise to N1-2m back home, Most of the money and students going into western universities will stay in Nigeria, our lecturers would be paid better, the quality of our degrees will rise, our forex will be preserved and the poor student will actually get a quality degree instead of his worthless N60k degree. A portion of the money from the fees of those who can afford to pay N1-2m will be used to subsidize the poor just like our foreign fees subsidize home students abroad.

But this will never happen because they will protest.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by onuman: 1:55pm On May 22
Newlymarried:
Richiez
Seun
Mods

Let them appeal to Chatham House of the UK which literally annoints president for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by adioolayi(m): 1:55pm On May 22
Whose fault

Definitely the students fault na....Most were lied to..

They don't have the financial muscle to study abroad...what they present as proof of funds were actually not thiers..

They were lied to, that when they reach UK...they can effectively work while studying to pay their tuitions....this is very far from the truth.

It's very difficult to work while studying to pay your tuition in countries like UK and Canada. Truth just be told!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Krankhead: 1:57pm On May 22
Kingray10:
Nigerian govt has not only put Nigerian at home in hardship, they have extended it to those abroad.
Most of then are children of politicians. So they should come back home
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by salem1996: 1:59pm On May 22
Is it not same UK that there Minister said he's overwhelmed by Tinubu's financial policies??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Focusmind: 1:59pm On May 22
I pity them. However, they should not accuse the university of being "heartless ". The university must have given them warning and notices and even agreed on payment terms with them. Institutions abroad follow due processes in doing things. Sadly, default would still happen. The university will have no other options than to remove them. You can't work to fund your studies abroad but some people won't hear. They will always want to believe one fairly tale of how someone was able to work and pay his fees. Twenty hours pay week is insufficient to muster the kind of money that would pay your tuition fees and living costs.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by johbara: 2:00pm On May 22
This is so so sad......
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Temptee101(m): 2:01pm On May 22
Tinubu's failures didn't spare those in UK

Tinubu's failures speak for themselves

Tinubu is a disaster

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by advanceDNA: 2:01pm On May 22
lululovesblue:
I did. Did I miss something? Please let me know

Not that I support them anyway....

technically.... the situation is, when u travel for studies...u show proof u have all the money u need at the embassy which includes ur tuition and upkeep money.....

.......but because the money is in naira and in a nigerian account at the time they showed it as proof and still in naira when they need it in UK ...the dangerous change in exchange caused the money in their accounts to devalue....

Make no mistake...working to pay tuition and up keep doesn't cut it..because the UK authorities only gives student 20hrs a week to work.....that cannot pay tuition let alone bills and other survival expense...

Still...their protest is complete nonsense and uncalled for....a smokescreen actually

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Puss360(f): 2:01pm On May 22
maasoap:

The way some people make economic decisions would leave flabbergasted
Also baffles me...
You can afford 30million naira, just for education, yet you are saying this country is in shambles you need to Japa... Lol.. well, sorry for them but NO SORRY

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:02pm On May 22
Some of then never had the funds in the first place, fake POF things

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Ibukune(m): 2:02pm On May 22
dominique:
They should include the duration of time the school gave them to offset their outstanding fees in their plaquecards. The school admitted them because they provided evidence that they can pay their fees, where is all that money? Sorry, you can't keep owing school fees and expect for your admission not to be terminated eventually. Once your admission is terminated, you have no business left in the country. Japa via the study route is the worst economic decision anybody that's not upper class can make.

some of you don't understand simple ideas, and you won't ask questions. They provided proof of funds at a lower rate, the instability in Naira made the fees useless.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Moneyboyz: 2:03pm On May 22
They are mumu people, next time buy crypto, send to their coinbase ACC and put money on your card to pay.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:03pm On May 22
Puss360:

Also baffles me...
You can afford 30million naira, just for education, yet you are saying this country is in shambles you need to Japa... Lol.. well, sorry for them but NO SORRY
for most of these guys, education was never the goal, just a means to and end.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by kupex50(m): 2:03pm On May 22
One dullard BATerian BATist will soon comment that their paymaster is talking tough decisions and making important policies. The APC fight to defend naira is just like repainting accent mud house

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:06pm On May 22
Go back to your c0untry, simple.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by RaptorX: 2:06pm On May 22
Lol students indeed, see their face.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Pain(m): 2:07pm On May 22
Another mushroom university tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns / 15 Best Uncommon Courses To Study In Nigeria In 2015 / #PHOTO: UNIABUJA Student Dies In His Sleep Night After Death Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.