Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,731 members, 7,862,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK (46258 Views)

UK University Offers To Fund Flights Home For Nigerian Students Ordered To Leave / Teesside University / University Of Uyo Cult Clash: One Killed; Students Ordered To Vacate Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by ufotunang: 4:32am On May 23
See what APC and Tinubu renewed shege has caused 🙄
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by ufotunang: 4:41am On May 23
Develop your own country and the economy and make it better and good ..and all this japa and traveling to abroad for greener pastures will reduce and stop and not happen again,...we have to value patronize what we have in our own country and make it better and good..in which all these embarrassment nigerians receive in abroad, and UK will stop......the problem is that we nigerians we like foreign things too much and abandon your own things we have in the country and worsen it....
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by LegendHero(m): 4:43am On May 23
Badadvisor:

Oh he's lucky. It's really crazy right now in Canada.
The few people lucky are people who already paid one full year fee and just have a year left.
Got a friend who almost got expelled because he couldn't pay his 2nd semester (first year) fee.
Getting a job here is very difficult right now.

Omo nawa o. Na USA sure pass.

For here, student will get one of TA, GA, work on campus, and if e bad, get job for off campus in gas stations. And if everything even worst, they will never expel people for not paying fees in most schools.

I know some of my guys back then that graduated and they are still owning school fees. They won’t just give them certificate and when you request official transcript, they won’t send it. But you go sha graduate.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by subcbouy: 5:12am On May 23
When you think you can work to pay your tuition in the UK is long gone. It isn't possible for university except you attended college.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by BigDawsNet: 7:35am On May 23
trilacos:
in what way? Can you elaborate?

You claim and submitted your tuition balance + living expenses with a bank statement evidence… now why are you complaining you have to work to pay for your tuition balance.. or why the school should give you enough time to find the funds…

Forget abt the no availability forex because everyone knows it’s a scam… if banks ain’t paying.. black market is definitely paying…

If hope it doesn’t get to a stage UK will start requesting for block accounts like the Germans universities
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Smyk13: 10:14am On May 23
I think the students lied to the University that they are capable of paying their tuition fees when enrolling.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Puss360(f): 10:29am On May 23
UNNGRADUATEEE:
I did my masters and PhD in chemistry at University of Leeds and I paid about ÂŁ100,000 and still unemployed currently in Nigeria.
Hmmm your case is quite spectacular
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by geewean(m): 11:08am On May 23
There is a reason they say the world is now a global village.You can stay in your room no matter how remote the location is .Just have a good internet connection and the sophisticated skill to search online.You will see what's up.

How will someone in Nigeria carrying a B.sc in psychology go through the UK and think you can survive easily? But another guy is heavily armed with latest programming skillset and has juicy portfolios will do well.Both are in the same country but with different skills.They will never live the same quality of life.

If Mr psychology had researched he will know that his academic knowledge in Psychology isn't relevant as a migrant in the UK.

My point is don't rely solely on information from those struggling there.Do well to listen to those doing well and compare.Above all research online to understand the current state of the country economy.

It's research that will tell you that Austria is a good place for foreign educational ambition and from there it's easy to move to other nations.

My point is the idea of research cannot be over not at all.I am drumming it to you to develop a research mindset.

Many complaining maybe right but also a vast majority of them are trying to emotionally hoodwink you to believe that it's not their fault that they are suffering so you won't mock them.

Do you know how much a cyber security guy earns in the UK? Do you know the labour shortage in that space?

fastseo:

See as u de bark like dog weh carry rabbies

We no de fight... Abi UK get better economy? Every indices and indicator look promising.

Now u said when I get there I will work and pay school fees when we on ground said its highly not possible without dependant

Now see the result... School withdraw their sponsorship.

When u fail to listen to those on ground, even to travel to visit those countries and see things ur self u didn't but decide to look for data with no practical experience. Then u are bound to error
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Danisaint112(m): 12:18pm On May 23
phygo89:
I have always prefered Finland, Norway, Australia\Newzealand to UK and Canada. I love FINLAND so much!

As in eh, my love of Finland has no bound. I wonder the buzz about UK. Instead of them to go to somewhere they will study in peace and get paid handsomely they chose to go the overcrowded route.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by fastseo: 12:21pm On May 23
geewean:
There is a reason they say the world is now a global village.You can stay in your room no matter how remote the location is .Just have a good internet connection and the sophisticated skill to search online.You will see what's up.

How will someone in Nigeria carrying a B.sc in psychology go through the UK and think you can survive easily? But another guy is heavily armed with latest programming skillset and has juicy portfolios will do well.Both are in the same country but with different skills.They will never live the same quality of life.

If Mr psychology had researched he will know that his academic knowledge in Psychology isn't relevant as a migrant in the UK.

My point is don't rely solely on information from those struggling there.Do well to listen to those doing well and compare.Above all research online to understand the current state of the country economy.

It's research that will tell you that Austria is a good place for foreign educational ambition and from there it's easy to move to other nations.

My point is the idea of research cannot be over not at all.I am drumming it to you to develop a research mindset.

Many complaining maybe right but also a vast majority of them are trying to emotionally hoodwink you to believe that it's not their fault that they are suffering so you won't mock them.

Do you know how much a cyber security guy earns in the UK? Do you know the labour shortage in that space?

I know u will mention programming and tech. That's what u find online but the question u should ask ur self " how easy is it to find this jobs?"

Without UK experience it's not easy to break through with those tech skills.
While coming to UK I did data analysis and couple of other tech skills. But getting this job is another story.

Remember u have just 1 year or max 2 years before visa expires?. So where is the time? Moreover you have bills pressing ur neck.

The easiest job to get was care assistant, cleaning, kitchen porter, gate men etc

Don't mention construction because u need cscs card to access any construction site before u now talk about ur experience in the field u want to go for.

See what u have in Nigeria in ur head is very different from what u see on ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Badadvisor: 12:21pm On May 23
LegendHero:

Omo nawa o. Na USA sure pass.

For here, student will get one of TA, GA, work on campus, and if e bad, get job for off campus in gas stations. And if everything even worst, they will never expel people for not paying fees in most schools.

I know some of my guys back then that graduated and they are still owning school fees. They won’t just give them certificate and when you request official transcript, they won’t send it. But you go sha graduate.
Yeah Canada is just wannabe USA.
Very tiring, depressing country
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Kelvinpam(m): 1:06pm On May 23
UNNGRADUATEEE:
I did my masters and PhD in chemistry at University of Leeds and I paid about ÂŁ100,000 and still unemployed currently in Nigeria.

Wow...No way bro shocked
This is a joke right?
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by UNNGRADUATEEE: 1:07pm On May 23
Kelvinpam:

Wow...No way bro shocked
This is a joke right?
I'm serious.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Kelvinpam(m): 1:15pm On May 23
UNNGRADUATEEE:
I'm serious.

Chai!!! Naija

Let's link up and share ideas.

I've got a background in Chemistry also.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by geewean(m): 1:52pm On May 23
Agreed! Everything I tell you here is also backed up with a empirical result.

I have never admired Data analytics so much.I would prefer a core coding skill.

Yeah you can't land a direct tech job in the UK on like the US that it's easy .

My good friend came to university of Bournemouth for his masters and while doing that he took a course in Cyber security and boooom after school that guy landed a good job .Him and his wife are their with their kids doing well.

fastseo:

I know u will mention programming and tech. That's what u find online but the question u should ask ur self " how easy is it to find this jobs?"

While coming to UK I did data analysis and couple of other tech skills. But getting this job is another story.

Remember u have just 1 year or max 2 years before visa expires?. So where is the time? Moreover you have bills pressing ur neck.

The easiest job to get was care assistant, cleaning, kitchen porter, gate men etc

Don't mention construction because u need cscs card to access any construction site before u now talk about ur experience in the field u want to go for.

See what u have in Nigeria in ur head is very different from what u see on ground.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Writervick(m): 2:22pm On May 23
Lol home na home

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by fastseo: 2:47pm On May 23
geewean:
Agreed! Everything I tell you here is also backed up with a empirical result.

I have never admired Data analytics so much.I would prefer a core coding skill.

Yeah you can't land a direct tech job in the UK on like the US that it's easy .

My good friend came to university of Bournemouth for his masters and while doing that he took a course in Cyber security and boooom after school that guy landed a good job .Him and his wife are their with their kids doing well.

How many people are able to secure a job in tech? Compare that to care sponsorship as at last year then conclude.

We are on field and u can't know everything by going on Internet.

We av Indians who are majority here and are far ahead in tech.

The only way to go is if u run a program n it cost good money. Then they put u in placements or have strong link to connect u as a candidates.

carpenter, bricklayer, joinry, welding, fabricator etc with this skills u can get job fastly insanely. Nothing beats hand jobs they are looking for them. Ready to give sponsorship in this field.. All over indeed u see them enticing u with sponsorship if u know this hand jobs
My regret is not learning one. This earn 20pound per hour.

Secondly if u know how to drive this big truck .. ADT, 360, Dozer and have cscs, npors card you could be earning 25 pounds per hour. Weekend could be higher.

How much does nurses earn in UK? Just 2000 or 2300 after all the years struggle in school n job hunt but all those jobs above could give u 5 to 6k per month.

Like I said Untill u land before u understand.
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Journeyman01: 3:57pm On May 23
It can be very difficult traveling for study without a sponsor. This is why it is important to find a study programme and institution that is friendly and flexible.

You can't even rely on you working for your fees because, you'll definitely be limited by stipulated work hours. You have to ensure you're selecting a programme that is affordable and probably provides access to funds/loans.

Need help in commencing your journey of studying abroad? Contact us by email: studyvisa@journeymantravels.com -
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by UNNGRADUATEEE: 4:15pm On May 23
Kelvinpam:

Chai!!! Naija

Let's link up and share ideas.

I've got a background in Chemistry also.

Supported
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by LadyPortable(f): 4:16pm On May 23
maasoap:

If you have 30 million naira now, go and waste it on purchasing student visa and still get trapped midway. You will receive common sense by that time.

Yes, I'm. Go and check my recent contributions on topics here, you will confirm it without stress.

Yes, Tinubu policies are affecting many businesses including mine. But at this period of our time, I don't pray to be a salary earner or as a sole source of my income. Between Monday and yesterday alone, even with the unstable economic atmosphere, I spent 190k unexpectedly. My business is standing and many businesses are standing.

Would you rather spend 30 million naira pursuing education abroad because of the need to japa (but deceiving yourself that it is because businesses are failing) or use it to start a business?
If you have money and lack business ideas, let me know, I will give you simple business ideas right here. You won't even stress before you will be counting your profits daily. But I don't think you are the type that can venture into business with this your defeatist mindset

Please share the ideas
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by phygo89(m): 4:22pm On May 23
Danisaint112:

As in eh, my love of Finland has no bound. I wonder the buzz about UK. Instead of them to go to somewhere they will study in peace and get paid handsomely they chose to go the overcrowded route.
Ahswear!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by geewean(m): 9:20pm On May 23
At this point I will say you are right and I have learnt valuable information from this.Thanks so much for the clarity.I don't mind having your email for further conversations.Mine is abraham.iniobong001@gmail.com.

God bless you so much Cheers and I wish you the best.

fastseo:

How many people are able to secure a job in tech? Compare that to care sponsorship as at last year then conclude.

The only way to go is if u run a program n it cost good money. Then they put u in placements or have strong link to connect u as a candidates.

carpenter, bricklayer, joinry, welding, fabricator etc with this skills u can get job fastly insanely. Nothing beats hand jobs they are looking for them. Ready to give sponsorship in this field.. All over indeed u see them enticing u with sponsorship if u know this hand jobs

Secondly if u know how to drive this big truck .. ADT, 360, Dozer and have cscs, npors card you could be earning 25 pounds per hour. Weekend could be higher.

How much does nurses earn in UK? Just 2000 or 2300 after all the years struggle in school n job hunt but all those jobs above could give u 5 to 6k per month.

Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Belurved1(m): 9:32pm On May 23
Work under the table to pay off ÂŁ14,000 within that short period. Anyway, which work be that o Oga?
LegendHero:
So they can’t work under the table and earn money to support their schoolfees?
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by RodgersAkpafu: 11:41pm On May 23
LegendHero:
So they can’t work under the table and earn money to support their schoolfees?
even the under the table, u will not see it
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Adamo84(m): 8:14am On May 25
fastseo:

I agree with you on this
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Adamo84(m): 8:19am On May 25
fastseo:

Please create a thread and link me up, I need guide and info on job. I just entered UK, ennor easy I swear
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Wisejohnson47(m): 7:59am On May 27
Stayingalive:

I don’t know the name to call you sincerely, you are most likely a mentally challenged person or possibly a laboratory human being.
thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Ndubisi12: 10:09pm On Jun 13
phygo89:
I have always prefered Finland, Norway, Australia\Newzealand to UK and Canada. I love FINLAND so much!
please do they use ielts for the admission on their school
Re: Nigerian Students In Teesside University Ordered To Leave UK by Ndubisi12: 10:12pm On Jun 13
Danisaint112:

please do they request ielts for admission

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Crazy Things You Did While Single On Campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.