Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary (32207 Views)

Lagos Shuts Isolo Hospital Mortuary / Man Woke-up In Mortuary After 7 Days / ‘dead’ Man Wakes Up After Three Days In Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by vowiski(m): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2011
‘dead’ Man Wakes Up After Three Days In Mortuary

Residents of Oremeji in Aradagun near Badagry, Lagos State, were on Sunday shocked when a man they had presumed dead regained consciousness after three days in the mortuary.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the man, simply identified as Mr Agosu, died at a hospital of an undisclosed illness last Friday and his remains were deposited at the morgue of the Badagry General Hospital.
The news of his regaining consciousness broke out on Sunday evening as members of his Mountain of Fire and Miracle (MFM) Church were preparing tents for his wake.

It was learnt that a worker at the morgue heard that a dead man was coughing from inside the morgue and contacted the hospital management who ordered a doctor to test the man.

Following the test, the man was said to be breathing. The hospital management directed that he should be admitted for treatment.
Dr Tunji Olabuntu, Deputy Medical Director, Badagry General Hospital, confirmed the incident.
He said: “It is true that the man regained consciousness after three days in the mortuary. But he was not originally admitted in our hospital.”
Olabuntu said the body of the man was brought to the hospital morgue from outside, adding that he was not a patient of the hospital.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/27366-%E2%80%98dead%E2%80%99-man-wakes-up-after-three-days-in-mortuary.html
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by yamakuza: 1:47am On Nov 24, 2011
Hmmn.

So decomposition is reversible?
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by dtwsola(m): 1:58am On Nov 24, 2011
Only in Nigeria. Gullible folks
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by vowiski(m): 6:14am On Nov 24, 2011
Perhaps, your guys have never heard of the word "miracle"
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by thehomer: 7:01am On Nov 24, 2011
vowiski:

Residents of Oremeji in Aradagun near Badagry, Lagos State, were on Sunday shocked when a man they had presumed dead regained consciousness after three days in the mortuary.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the man, simply identified as Mr Agosu, died at a hospital of an undisclosed illness last Friday and his remains were deposited at the morgue of the Badagry General Hospital.
The news of his regaining consciousness broke out on Sunday evening as members of his Mountain of Fire and Miracle (MFM) Church were preparing tents for his wake.

It was learnt that a worker at the morgue heard that a dead man was coughing from inside the morgue and contacted the hospital management who ordered a doctor to test the man.

Following the test, the man was said to be breathing. The hospital management directed that he should be admitted for treatment.
Dr Tunji Olabuntu, Deputy Medical Director, Badagry General Hospital, confirmed the incident.
He said: “It is true that the man regained consciousness after three days in the mortuary. But he was not originally admitted in our hospital.”
Olabuntu said the body of the man was brought to the hospital morgue from outside, adding that he was not a patient of the hospital.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/27366-%E2%80%98dead%E2%80%99-man-wakes-up-after-three-days-in-mortuary.html

Either someone is about to lose their medical license or we have another Jesus on our hands. I wonder what the police and the medical community have to say about the entire situation.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by bashydemy(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2011
wonder shall never end and i believe some eediots will believe this, maybe there there is no electricity in the morgue to freeze the damn man cos if there is electricity he wont survive after 3days in Mortuary this is a damn lie come up with another lie please, next
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by vowiski(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2011
bashy_demy:

wonder shall never end and i believe some eediots will believe this, maybe there there is no electricity in the morgue to freeze the damn man cos if there is electricity he wont survive after 3days in Mortuary this is a damn lie come up with another lie please, next

I am disappointed in what you guys are spittin out, Lord who made the air freeze or hot, he he create u out of dust can do anything, C'mon wisen up, I have seen people grown their amputated legs, i have seen a young boy rise after 3 days via turning point, i have seen cancer removed, i have seen SS turned into AA,

Can't force you to believe but u have to leave ur comfort zone and face re3ality,

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2011
@ vowiski
You are the one in a comfortable zone without realising the truth about this world. smdh
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by obowunmi(m): 9:34am On Nov 24, 2011
Do you know how many people are declared dead by force by fire by medical doctors in Nigeria, all because they don't have money for medical fees,  A Nigeria doctor doesn't care about the wellbeing of his/her patient. The first thing to be requested on the death bed is: oga, where is your money ?

Many people in Nigeria have been buried alive because of the poor healthcare system.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2011
edwin clerk or tompolo
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by freepeople: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2011
obowunmi:

Do you know how many people are declared dead by force by fire by medical doctors in Nigeria, all because they don't have money for medical fees,  A Nigeria doctor doesn't care about the wellbeing of his/her patient. The first thing to be requested on the death bed is: oga, where is your money ?

Many people in Nigeria have been buried alive because of the poor healthcare system.
This is a preposterous assertion. There are unmistakable signs of death that must be detected by at least 2 doctors before
a patient is pronounced dead. You are free to seek for an expert medical attention anywhere in the globe. Stop making brainless
comments.

@bolded
The award for the most ridiculous comment for this year goes to you. I challenge you to provide a proof.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2011
There is nothing GOD can not do!!!!!,
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Andrew3(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2011
I am a believer, I believe.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by blackpanda: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2011
freepeople:

This is a preposterous assertion. There are unmistakable signs of death that must be detected by at least 2 doctors before
a patient is pronounced dead. You are free to seek for an expert medical attention anywhere in the globe. Stop making brainless
comments.

@bolded
The award for the most ridiculous comment for this year goes to you. I challenge you to provide a proof.

Pls dont jump to conclusion. First ask urself, how many people can afford the verification by 2 independent doctors? And how many can take the supposed corpse abroad for further verification?
The story itself shows that there is obviously a problem with our medical system. it is apparent that the man was not properly diagnosed, so the comment is not at all preposterous.

kayci_d77:

There is nothing GOD can not do!!!!!,

Apparently nigerians can help but call God into everything. We are saying someone almost got buried alive out of medical malfunction and someone is talking about a miraculous rising from the dead shocked
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2011
Dat guy na jesus re-enacted
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Nov 24, 2011
This is a miracle. Whichever way you look at it.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by JAZES(m): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2011
This is nothing but a miracle ooo.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by anuforoudo(f): 10:15am On Nov 24, 2011
Ohhh Praise God, The dried bone came back to life, Thank You Jesus for resurrection power is working.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by badboym: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2011
Marketing Strategy for MFM.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2011
I trust Nigerians - someone has stolen the Cup of Life from Captain Jack Sparrow grin
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by mikepeace(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2011
Well if this storry is true, then the man was not dead in the first place, and now beleive me the pastor of that mountain of fire should be scratching his head asking himself why did i not go there with my church members to pray for this man before he wakes up, it should have been a very big oportunity to claim that he is a strong man of God who can wake the dead, and that means getting many more people in his church seeking miracles, and that means more money in his pocket.

I feel sorry for this pastor, he missed his best oportunity to become one of the richest pastor this xmas.

This is all about Government failure in the health system, just as they have failed in every other thing in this country.

Shame.

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by emmatok(m): 10:38am On Nov 24, 2011
That man was not dead for sure.

I have heard of unconscious accident victims dump in mortuaries, without proper checkup.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by catso(m): 10:46am On Nov 24, 2011
Even when Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead some people still do not believe. So am not suprised.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by freepeople: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2011
blackpanda:

Pls dont jump to conclusion. First ask urself, how many people can afford the verification by 2 independent doctors? And how many can take the supposed corpse abroad for further verification?
The story itself shows that there is obviously a problem with our medical system. it is apparent that the man was not properly diagnosed, so the comment is not at all preposterous.

Apparently nigerians can help but call God into everything. We are saying someone almost got buried alive out of medical malfunction and someone is talking about a miraculous rising from the dead shocked

C'mon, a patient don't pay a dime to be pronounced dead. The second physician is needed to confirm the findings of the primary
physician.
What I meant is that anyone can seek for medical attention any where in the world if he/she is not satisfied with the services of
the physicians in Nigeria
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by pendo89(f): 10:52am On Nov 24, 2011
vowiski:

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by goggs(m): 11:01am On Nov 24, 2011
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by cold(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2011
These kind of cases are rare but they do happen.It is referred to as the 'Lazarus Syndrome'.An allusion to the story of Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life.A more scientific term is known as a 'Near Death Experience (NDE)'. Where someone is pronounced 'clinically dead' but regains conciousness or a pulse is found moments or days later.So it is not a Nigerian phenomena as can be deduced from most of the comments here.

George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence10.html
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by cold(m): 11:04am On Nov 24, 2011
I see Goggs beat me to it
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by yamakuza: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2011
cold:

These kind of cases are rare but they do happen.It is referred to as the 'Lazarus Syndrome'.An allusion to the story of Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life.A more scientific term is known as a 'Near Death Experience (NDE)'. Where someone is pronounced 'clinically dead' but regains conciousness or a pulse is found moments or days later.So it is not a Nigerian phenomena as can be deduced from most of the comments here.

George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence10.html

How do you account for Rigor Mortis?

After how many days does decomposition commence?
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by humblebee: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2011
he wasn't dead, simple
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Okijajuju1(m): 11:23am On Nov 24, 2011
vowiski:

I am disappointed in what you guys are spittin out, Lord who made the air freeze or hot, he he create u out of dust can do anything, C'mon wisen up, [size=14pt]I have seen people grown their amputated legs[/size], [size=16pt]i have seen a young boy rise after 3 days via turning point[/size], i have seen cancer removed, [size=18pt]i have seen SS turned into AA[/size],

Can't force you to believe but u have to leave your comfort zone and face re3ality,

CHOI!!  BROS YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LAIR IN THE WORLD!! Even the Devil will bow at your lies!!

Me I have seen a man turn into a woman at Rev. Oyakhilomes Total Experience crusade before!!  angry

yamakuza:

How do you account for Rigor Mortis?

After how many days does decomposition commence?

Exactly!!

And how do we pronouce someone dead?! Is it when the heart stops or when the brain stops?!
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary by Exponental(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2011
Mr Agosu shld narrate d mortal experience, maybe there will be somtin 2 learn 4m him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Having Multiple Sex Partners May Give You Cancer" - Doctor Warns Women (Video) / I Can't Sleep At Night Please What Can I Do / Mosquito Farm Owner Believes That Enzymes From Mosquitoes May Cure HIV/AIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.