Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? (16836 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Why Do Nigerians Don't Help Themselves In Overseas Like Other Country Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 12:23am On Nov 24, 2011
I've been thinking of bringing out this topic as far back. I wonder why Nigerians in Abroad especially in Ireland, they dont help themself. The social welfare and child benefit system has turned them to something else. They cannot accommodate you. If they manage to accommodate you for like 2 days, the next thing is ''u sleep too much, or you use light too much. If you dont talk to them, na wahala. If you be yourself, they will find something to say you've done wrong. Why are they behaving like that.

For example, one of my friends was having accommodation problem and someone said she can afford to accommodate him, this guy has never spent up to two weeks, she don start to they complain that he sleep too much till 8am. The worst thing is if they discorver that you're working, they will begin looking up to your little earning and expecting you to top up their bills.

The point is ''Why is it that no mater help they render to you in this Ireland, they will be expecting something in return, why? Despite all the benefits the government is paying them, they will still be expecting something from you in return simply because they accommodate you. They want turne you their house cleaner, taking their kids to school as child minder. They dont have the fear of God, and come to think of this, they will be the first person to arrive in the church on sunday morning or in the mosque. If they go 9ja, you will think they're working full time, not knowing they have been surving through the social welfare system. Lord have mercy.

A friend of mine again, although he's an illegal, and he's working and using a someone's bank account to get his salary at work, could u believe that this my friend will work 45 hour a week and expect his money to be paid by the account hoder a yoruba like him, and he will say there is a problem in on the account and he will have to rectify it soon, not knowing that he has spent the money.

Lord have mercy i said again. Nigerians, why?
Especially those useless single parent that claim they dont have husband at all. Go see them infront of their house, na their mouth u go hear how Obasonjo and Saraki was born.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2011
usewisdom:

I've been thinking of bringing out this topic as far back. I wonder why Nigerians in Abroad especially in Ireland, they dont help themself. The social welfare and child benefit system has turned them to something else. They cannot accommodate you. If they manage to accommodate you for like 2 days, the next thing is ''u sleep too much, or you use light too much. If you dont talk to them, na wahala. If you be yourself, they will find something to say you've done wrong. Why are they behaving like that.

For example, one of my friends was having accommodation problem and someone said she can afford to accommodate him, this guy has never spent up to two weeks, she don start to they complain that he sleep too much till 8am. The worst thing is if they discorver that you're working, they will begin looking up to your little earning and expecting you to top up their bills.

The point is ''Why is it that no mater help they render to you in this Ireland, they will be expecting something in return, why? Despite all the benefits the government is paying them, they will still be expecting something from you in return simply because they accommodate you. They want turne you their house cleaner, taking their kids to school as child minder. They dont have the fear of God, and come to think of this, they will be the first person to arrive in the church on sunday morning or in the mosque. If they go 9ja, you will think they're working full time, not knowing they have been surving through the social welfare system. Lord have mercy.

A friend of mine again, although he's an illegal, and he's working and using a someone's bank account to get his salary at work, could u believe that this my friend will work 45 hour a week and expect his money to be paid by the account hoder a yoruba like him, and he will say there is a problem in on the account and he will have to rectify it soon, not knowing that he has spent the money.

Lord have mercy i said again. Nigerians, why?
Especially those useless single parent that claim they dont have husband at all. Go see them infront of their house, na their mouth u go hear how Obasonjo and Saraki was born.

You sound very ungrateful, try to appreciate any little help pple renders to you, whether an hr accommodation or a month.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 10:52am On Nov 24, 2011
@ justiwise, its not me. But to think of this, so because u have helped me, u must be expecting a reward from me? Is that what your bible said? I believe u know the truth, or maybe you're one of them. %98 of people knows what am talking about and they always say thesame thing i said. Only the %2 are in support of those people, and maybe you're one of those 2%.
Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2011
Justwise: for example, i have accommodation problem in london, and u offer me a temporrary accommodation while u claim to be a christian. My point is ''Because u offer me a temporary accommodation, must i be watching your dirty plates? cleaning your house? taking your kids to school? sending me an enrand everywhere? Telling me what to do in the house. compulsory it to me indirectly what to do in the house? Giving me time to go out and the time i must be at home?
Asking me to prepare your bed? And the worst is ''calling my mobileand describing to me where to get your wears to iron and your kids school uniform to iron.

Now tell me, if u said its right, then the handwriting has already written on the wall that you're simply ONE OF THEM.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 11:03am On Nov 24, 2011
usewisdom:

@ justiwise, its not me. But to think of this, so because u have helped me, u must be expecting a reward from me? Is that what your bible said? I believe u know the truth, or maybe you're one of them.[b] %98 of people knows what am talking about [/b]and they always say thesame thing i said. Only the %2 are in support of those people, and maybe you're one of those 2%.
Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If 98%  of people know that then next time your friend becomes homeless send him to one of them.

Don't expect a single mother who lives on benefit to accommodate your friend while he do nothing to appreciate it, if he works he should be able to help the woman one way or the other without been told.

If your friend can't show any form of appreciation then he should move out and pay for hotel accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2011
usewisdom:

Justwise: for example, i have accommodation problem in london, and u offer me a temporrary accommodation while u claim to be a christian. My point is ''Because u offer me a temporary accommodation, must i be watching your dirty plates? cleaning your house? taking your kids to school? sending me an enrand everywhere? Telling me what to do in the house. compulsory it to me indirectly what to do in the house? Giving me time to go out and the time i must be at home?
Asking me to prepare your bed? And the worst is ''calling my mobileand describing to me where to get your wears to iron and your kids school uniform to iron.

Now tell me, if u said its right, then the handwriting has already written on the wall that you're simply ONE OF THEM.

I wouldn't do all that if i gave somebody temporary accommodation but if you are over staying ur welcome i will give you days to move out.

If you trying to turn temporary accommodation to permanent one then you will be out before you know what hits.
you.

My point is. . .your attitude about the whole thing is wrong.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Skywalker5(m): 11:10am On Nov 24, 2011
justwise:

If 98%  of people know that then next time your friend becomes homeless send him to one of them.

Don't expect a single mother who lives on benefit to accommodate your friend while he do nothing to appreciate it, if he works he should be able to help the woman one way or the other without been told.

If your friend can't show any form of appreciation then he should move out and pay for hotel accommodation.

Well said. Nigerians always want something for nothing. Not with the high cost of living.Even if the woman is on benefit,how much is it that she is being paid and she has to take care of her kids and bills. why cant your friend get a job and contribute small to the running of the house.At least he is not paying house rent
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Skywalker5(m): 11:14am On Nov 24, 2011
usewisdom:

If your friend gets a job, the errands would reduce. It will show he is responsible. Staying in UK and not looking for a job is a sign of someone not being responsible.unless ur friend has rich parents from Naija
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2011
Sky-walker:

Well said. Nigerians always want something for nothing. Not with the high cost of living.Even if the woman is on benefit,how much is it that she is being paid and she has to take care of her kids and bills. why cant your friend get a job and contribute small to the running of the house.At least he is not paying house rent

Exactly!!! that will mean so much to that single mother, even if it means topping up gas or electricity once a week or helping her walk the kids to school is not much to do.

When somebody who doesn't know you from Adam offered to accommodate you even for a night its a huge favour anywhere in the world.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Busybody2(f): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
I feel you 100% usewisdom, Nigerians in diaspora are generally wicked and envious. They prefer you not to have a job so they can keep you as their house slaves yet even if you are working, they still expect you to help them bath their kids, feed them and take them to school before you go to your own school or work, and they expect you to go and pick their kids from school as well as feed them and babysit them till they come back from work. Some would volunteer their accounts like you mentioned yet pilfer your money.

Some have to sleep outside sometimes because they refuse to give you a spare key, they moan and grumble about you switching on the light, using water, gas, etc, you would be lucky to get hot water to use to bath sef because na only one hour dem dey switch their heater on daily, yet you see the poor gutter rats all over nairaland boasting that they have electricity and water 24/7. And they never fail to attend churches faithfully on Sunday too.

For most part, loads of people are struggling to make ends meet so every extra person that comes to live with them makes it more unbearable to pay their bills hence reason for the hostility and using one like a slave. You can't really blame them. There is no excuse though, the asians are in similar situation to us, yet they look after their own kind. May God forgive us Nigerians.

usewisdom:

,  Especially those useless single parent that claim they dont have husband at all,

I shouldn't laugh, but this got me rolling on the floor in tears cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Skywalker5(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
Busy_body:

I feel you 100% usewisdom, Nigerians in diaspora are generally wicked and envious. They prefer you not to have a job so they can keep you as their house slaves yet even if you are working, they still expect you to help them bath their kids, feed them and take them to school before you go to your own school or work, and they expect you to go and pick their kids from school as well as feed them and babysit them till they come back from work. Some would volunteer their accounts like you mentioned yet pilfer your money.

Some have to sleep outside sometimes because they refuse to give you a spare key, they moan and grumble about you switching on the light, using water, gas, etc, you would be lucky to get hot water to use to bath sef because na only one hour dem dey switch their heater on daily, yet you see the poor gutter rats all over nairaland boasting that they have electricity and water 24/7. And they never fail to attend churches faithfully on Sunday too.

For most part, loads of people are struggling to make ends meet so every extra person that comes to live with them makes it more unbearable to pay their bills hence reason for the hostility and using one like a slave. You can't really blame them. There is no excuse though, the asians are in similar situation to us, yet they look after their own kind. May God forgive us Nigerians.

I shouldn't laugh, but this got me rolling on the floor in tears cheesy cheesy cheesy

Reading your post is so funny
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Busybody2(f): 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2011
Sky-walker:

Reading your post is so funny

Funny, funny  stomping feet with bottom lips quivering that was supposed to be me spoiling for a fight and was only just warming up to throw the first punch and uppercut cos I was gagging for this to turn into a Nigerians abroad are better than those in Nigeria cry

Awww shucks, what am I gonna do for fun now  cry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2011
Guess what, maybe because i did say this earlier. He has got a good job now, and the woman has tried all possible best to get him back to his house. could u believe he even sent some gifts to her kids. Atimes when u look at some people talking rubish, u will nearly commit suicide. I dont blame them. If they're in same situation with the guy then, they would not have said all what they're saying. Must u expect in return because u help me? If u help me, someone else might reward u back, so it's not compulsory that i have to reward u simply because u help me. @ justiwise, it is very obvious that you're one of them. Whatever u say after this or how smart u think u are in this kind of situation, only God can judge. Does your bible tought u in that way that if u help someone for accommodation, he/she must reward u?
Nawa for people like u O! I'm not afraid, u've said it all in the sense that ''that's you'' and that's what u will do. U need to think about been a good person for people to talk good about u. At least i've seen someone that has accommodated someone when over there in UK for almost a year and never incovinent the person for single day, and the person left the house with peace and happiness, and he even left at his own convinent.
@Busy_body, 3 gbosa for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I prayer god should open eyes of people like you. Do u know what we call people like you ? ''Kasun Kaji Entertainment.
Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
usewisdom:

Guess what, maybe because i did say this earlier. He has got a good job now, and the woman has tried all possible best to get him back to his house. could u believe he even sent some gifts to her kids. Atimes when u look at some people talking rubish, u will nearly commit suicide. I dont blame them. If they're in same situation with the guy then, they would not have said all what they're saying. Must u expect in return because u help me? If u help me, someone else might reward u back, so it's not compulsory that i have to reward u simply because u help me. @ justiwise, it is very obvious that you're one of them. Whatever u say after this or how smart u think u are in this kind of situation, only God can judge. Does your bible tought u in that way that if u help someone for accommodation, he/she must reward u?
Nawa for people like u O! I'm not afraid, u've said it all in the sense that ''that's you'' and that's what u will do. U need to think about been a good person for people to talk good about u.
At least i've seen someone that has accommodated someone when over there in UK for almost a year and never incovinent the person for single day, and the person left the house with peace and happiness, and he even left at his own convinent.
@Busy_body, 3 gbosa for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I prayer god should open eyes of people like you. Do u know what we call people like you ? ''Kasun Kaji Entertainment.
Gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bleep pple 'talking good about me', being a 'nice guy' takes you no where, do what you think its right and to hell with pple who thinks otherwise.

I don't give a monkey if you thinks i'm one of them, i'm basically saying . . . show some appreciation, nobody owns you jack, stop moaning about benefit and single mothers. It takes alot to accommodate a stranger in the UK or anywhere else.

If you work then help her as much as u can without been asked and don't over stayed your welcome.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
Na u know O! Who con regrets at last an dey find friend? No be she? yeye people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Appreciation ko, Appreciation ni. Civilization ni,
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 12:06am On Nov 25, 2011
usewisdom:

Na u know O! Who con regrets at last an dey find friend? No be she? yeye people grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Appreciation ko, Appreciation ni. Civilization ni,

She lost nothing, ur friend was basically a liability, he pays no rent or bill, he can't clean his own mess, so she should be happy that the little rat is out. Next time ur friend becomes homeless let him join homeless pple in the street of London or you accommodate him and get your reward in heaven.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 12:48am On Nov 25, 2011
Then why was she asking him to top up the light at the time she get to know that he's been working? Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Useless jobless people like u. kasunKaji Enterprises
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 12:50am On Nov 25, 2011
The bitter truth is 'You know the truth, you're running away from the truth so that people that read your post should say u're the best. Haba, i've red one of your thread here causing people like this woman indirectly long time ago. Justwise, pls practice your name.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 1:10am On Nov 25, 2011
usewisdom:

The bitter truth is 'You know the truth, you're running away from the truth so that people that read your post should say u're the best. Haba, i've red one of your thread here causing people like this woman indirectly long time ago. [/b]Justwise, pls practice your name.

[b]usewisdom
what is the truth and who was i cursing long time ago?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 1:20am On Nov 25, 2011
Yes, to start with https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-503440.0.html
I have more if u want.
And lastly, the truth is we all came from thesame country, and so there is no harm or crime in it if we help our brother or sister in time of such prob, I've accommodated someone in London 8 years ago for good 6 month, and another about 5 years ago, i dont need to mention names, and till now they appreciate me and respect me personaly, i never ask them to do this or do that or ask them a penny or expect anything from them in reward. Never, and i will never do that. And non of them has ever incovinent me. We lived like family.

So, THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH. Lets all say the truth, even the bible says ''say the truth and the truth shall save u.
I'm still finding it very difficult to believe that its you justwise can said all this out in support of the idiot woman
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 1:46am On Nov 25, 2011
usewisdom:

Yes, to start with https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-503440.0.html
I have more if u want.
And lastly, the truth is we all came from thesame country, and so there is no harm or crime in it if we help our brother or sister in time of such prob, I've accommodated someone in London 8 years ago for good 6 month, and another about 5 years ago, i dont need to mention names, and till now they appreciate me and respect me personaly, i never ask them to do this or do that or ask them a penny or expect anything from them in reward. Never, and i will never do that. And non of them has ever incovinent me. We lived like family.

So, THIS IS THE BITTER TRUTH. Lets all say the truth, even the bible says ''say the truth and the truth shall save u.
I'm still finding it very difficult to believe that its you justwise can said all this out in support of the woman

My posts and many others were cleared in that thread then by the Mod, so there is nothing there to read.

usewisdom quote the bible to your ungrateful friend, the single mother living on benefit volunteered to accommodate your friend who works and your friend could not show any form of appreciation. . . . topup gas/electricity they all use, walk her kids to school (if he is free) or tidy-up the house without been told.
Those are simple things any bible quoting Christian will do without consulting God.

The lady probably got fed up and started acting up just to get rid of your friend who does absolutely nothing for her other than moaning, for the fact that we are all Nigerians does not mean we should abuse the hospitality rendered to us.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by usewisdom: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2011
You have nothing to use as an excuse justwise. You did not know this woman. Do u know the amount she has borrowed from him alone? so whats the different if my friend even rent a house within that period. U need to think b4 u write. Dont think u're always right in whatever u say. Single mother that got free house from the govenrment, earning child benefits, unemployment benefit, back to school, plus weekly money for food. You're the only person in support of this woman. Who knows maybe thats how u treat your fellow nigerians in time of trouble. We get to know that everybody knows this woman, all she does with those money is to carry different men, buy cloths, shoes, bags, party today party tomorrow. Iya isale-eko. Was it not untill my friend got there we discorvered this but have no choice than to manage it. So, why are u backing up who u dont know

My first question on this forum regarding this was ''Why we nigerians dont help ourself, period. And if u cant answer, then its better u remain silent and allow others to reason reasonably.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by damola1: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2011
It's written that God loves a cheerful giver. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7).

I think that sums it all. If you cannot give without a condition, then better not to give. It's just that simple.

I can't remember the last time I ever washed plates in my own house, maybe a few times, or cloths or anything like that, but when I visited my aunt in London, I made sure I washed the plates we all used to eat, not because she's even accommodating me which was an option for me,, though let it be clear I still stayed in hotel accommodation, but , she dey try, she has no one helping her out there and with 3 kids, she dey really really try. she even had to push me aside to stop, but the point is, we've got to show love to one another, either from you that's the giver, or you that's the receiver,

My best time staying in London were spent with her kids, and not when I stayed in hotel, so really, love of family was key, it's not just abt the damn roof!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by justwise(m): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2011
usewisdom:

You have nothing to use as an excuse justwise. You did not know this woman. Do u know the amount she has borrowed from him alone? so whats the different if my friend even rent a house within that period. [/b]U need to think b4 u write. Dont think u're always right in whatever u say. [b]Single mother that got free house from the govenrment, earning child benefits, unemployment benefit, back to school, plus weekly money for food. Y[/b]ou're the only person in support of this woman. Who knows maybe thats how u treat your fellow nigerians in time of trouble. We get to know that everybody knows this woman, [b]all she does with those money is to carry different men, buy cloths, shoes, bags, party today party tomorrow. Iya isale-eko. Was it not untill my friend got there we discorvered this but have no choice than to manage it. So, why are u backing up who u dont know

My first question on this forum regarding this was ''Why we nigerians dont help ourself, period. And if u cant answer, then its better u remain silent and allow others to reason reasonably.

Why did your friend not rent a room with that money? Whatever the woman does with her benefit money is not you and your friends business, she is claiming what she is entitled to, she is a single mother and have the right to date or sleep with whoever she wants, its her life and got nothing to do with you and your nosey friends.

If it bothers you and your friend then next time your friend becomes homeless accommodate him and keep your nose out of single mother's business.

The reason why Nigerians abroad don't help each other is because of ungrateful people like you and your friend.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by AjanleKoko: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2011
Sounds like a lot of complaining from the OP.
The narration actually makes it sounds like a lot of Nigerians are leeches, and don't want to pay their way.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 25, 2011
Ask Nigerians for help? Olorun maje!!
I've seen the results of their help here. Nigerians will help and talk.
How many times have these helpers come on NL to discuss how they helped so-and-so do this and that? Countless times!
So imagine what they can do offline.
PS: If Nigerians volunteer to help,  just decline. But that's usually rare, them asking to help.
Nigerians are the most selfish, vicious, pretending, hateful, conniving sets of  ppl I've ever come across (well, maybe second to Burkina-Faso ppl, their own drama get as e be).

If a Nigerian helps you, prepare to be obligated to do anything they ask or to be UNNECESSARILY nice to them just because they expect it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 25, 2011
This world is all man for himself
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Salmoneus(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2011
It's called earning your keep! You don't pay rent they don't have to tell you to help around the house.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by doja1: 10:12am On Nov 25, 2011
Your friend is even lucky, I live in London with my Family and we do not welcome anyone to stay over for even one night! He should be grateful someone helped him out, and he can always get his own place if he is unhappy with his current situation.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2011
usewisdom:

@ justiwise, its not me. But to think of this, so because u have helped me, u must be expecting a reward from me? Is that what your bible said? I believe u know the truth, or maybe you're one of them. %98 of people knows what am talking about and they always say thesame thing i said. Only the %2 are in support of those people, and maybe you're one of those 2%.

You come across as a leech. And as usual with Nigerians, the Bible is used in a lame attempt to justify a baseless argument. Why would you live with someone, and not contribute, if you're earning a crust? You expect someone to put you up, feed you, cater to your needs, pay bills while you sit on your lazy arse doing nothing. That's pure greed and selfishness. I would be ashamed to live with a friend, be working yet fail to contribute, no matter how small. It's up to my host to decline my offer, but at least I'd know that I'd offered.

As for your percentages, how did you work them out?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 25, 2011
funny that the first few participants on this thread are justWISE, skyWALKER, useWISDOM and busyBODY

see irony.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? by bulletG(m): 10:30am On Nov 25, 2011
@justwise, your turning the point around, i can understand what the op means, generally Nigerians abroad dont help themselves!, i have been in Europe for 6years now and i will say what the guy is saying is true! we dont like helping ourselves!, no one will even give u 5euro without wanting something in return! My point here is if you want to help someone, dont do it bcus you want to take advantage of the person, do it buz u really want to help and dont expect anything in return, you will never know? the same guy u helped might turn out to be the person who will help u tomorrow.
Europe or will i say abroad have always been YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Encounters A Nosy Man In A Public Transport (Photos) / Petrol Tanker On Fire In Eliozu, Port Harcourt (Photos) / Petrol Tanker Fell At Enugada Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.