Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. (23008 Views)

UAE To Commence Visa Issuance To Nigerians As FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airlines / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports / Fly Emirates Airlines Commence Flight Operations At New Terminal In Abuja - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by illicit(m): 9:21pm On May 22
🥵
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by ppogba: 9:22pm On May 22
Delta no dey carry last.

Chidoka don buy market

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Jagaban2012: 9:24pm On May 22
Let me now respond to Osita Chidoka's comments. Although after hearing this man speak for the first time, I respect his level of wisdom and sagacity. However, I disagree with his position on Emirates Airline. He mentioned the visa ban for Nigerians but was silent about the cause that no one wants to be identified with. I know there are some wealthy Igbo individuals behind Air Peace who don't want their investment to go down the drain. These are the people who have used Osita to express these opinions. Business is about competition. Nobody is supposed to discourage competition in business. The more competitors, the better it is for the customers. The monopoly preaching by Air Peace is absurd. Thank God Obi Bitter wasn't the president. This could have happened through their Biafra agenda policy. In fact, we encourage as many local investors to come on board.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by CommonSense1967: 9:26pm On May 22
Jagaban2012:
will formally invite Peter Obi to the opening of my new Barber shop. He appears available to attend all events and post comments on social media since he is a jobless political failure. Therefore, I am using this platform to invite Mr. Peter Obi to my new Barber shop opening ceremony. Side attractions include barbecue, ice cream, doughnuts, and drinks.

The attention-seeking mumu man might just show up. His gullible brainless headless mob will hail that as another achievement. That's how shallow and dumb they are.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by ppogba: 9:26pm On May 22
SoNature:

One former minister and a current minister raised important arguments! I expected to read very engaging contributions, but the comments are terribly empty! Believe it or not, Nigerians or probably Africans have nothing in their brains!

I am more disappointed you were expecting to read engaging comments on Nairaland.

At least you are not new on this forum

2 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by pek(m): 9:29pm On May 22
I have never liked Keyamo and never will. He is too vile a man. His response to Chidoka is very callous and way off point.

8 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Sapasenator: 9:29pm On May 22
post=130091975:
Number 1 comment :

When Nigeria faced economic challenges, Emirates shamelessly abandoned us while other airlines stood by us.
Emirates Airlines, arguably the wealthiest airline in the world, was the only airline that suspended operations.
All the African and European Airlines, equally owed by the Nigerian government, continued operating and weathered the storm with us as a people—a remarkable show of solidarity and a vote of confidence on a market they had enjoyed for decades.

Check number 2 comment below...
There are 2 sides to every news...

Food for thought....
That is why we like taking criticism from sane people who have no political affiliation,

Cos even when some political rats as such as this makes good criticism, it will always be juxtaposed alongside their political inclination.

Over to the people.......

Don't take it personally, It was all about business and Emirates did what was good for business at the time.

2 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Bimpe29: 9:34pm On May 22
Constructive criticism is all we need to better our lots.
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by casualobserver: 9:35pm On May 22
If you go to a country and you engage in illegal activities, it’s no surprise your people and all others associated with you are denied entry.

Chidoka should instead caution his people who are embarrassing Nigeria all over the world with their illegal activities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by ppogba: 9:35pm On May 22
pek:
I have never liked Keyamo and never will. He is too vile a man. His response to Chidoka is very callous and way off point.

Your hatred for him has justified how sentimental your comment is.

What makes his comment off point?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by AskNgige2: 9:36pm On May 22
TylerPerry:
If Man U miraculously win FA CUP price of garri will definitely come down---- APiSi's spokesperson

Always war and fight in Obowo anyi
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Juoflife1(f): 9:37pm On May 22
The only argument the Minister can come up with is that atiku lives in Dubai. Atiku is an individual duhh. Nigeria is a country of millions of individuals.
Dumb

6 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by GardenOfGod(m): 9:37pm On May 22
A Yoruba Muslim want to open a beer shop 😂😂😂😂
Jagaban2012:
will formally invite Peter Obi to the opening of my new Barber shop. He appears available to attend all events and post comments on social media since he is a jobless political failure. Therefore, I am using this platform to invite Mr. Peter Obi to my new Barber shop opening ceremony. Side attractions include barbecue, ice cream, doughnuts, and drinks.

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by CommonSense1967: 9:37pm On May 22
Jagaban2012:
Let me now respond to Osita Chidoka's comments. Although after hearing this man speak for the first time, I respect his level of wisdom and sagacity. However, I disagree with his position on Emirates Airline. He mentioned the visa ban for Nigerians but was silent about the cause that no one wants to be identified with. I know there are some wealthy Igbo individuals behind Air Peace who don't want their investment to go down the drain. These are the people who have used Osita to express these opinions. Business is about competition. Nobody is supposed to discourage competition in business. The more competitors, the better it is for the customers. The monopoly preaching by Air Peace is absurd. Thank God Obi Bitter wasn't the president. This could have happened through their Biafra agenda policy. In fact, we encourage as many local investors to come on board.

Well, I never looked at it from that angle. Mr Osita made some good and relevant observations that we should not dismiss just like that. You are also right that he ignored the reason for the visa ban. But if American gangs were caught fighting in Dubia , do you think that they would ban all Americans?
At the same time, competition is very important and should be encouraged. Competition will make it harder for Air Peace to compete especially against airlines such as Emirates that have unlimited resources.
We should be careful about making sure that Air Peace can stay in business. Most Airlines around the world are backed up by their govts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Vickym1(f): 9:37pm On May 22
clearbold4:
honestly, clueless people
So that they'll boost that UAE has accepted to do business with them... Mad people

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Goodvibes007: 9:37pm On May 22
Majesty7:
You people have problem. When Emirate left you were rejoicing and calling the country all sort of names.

When Emirate returned you are still not happy and then asking the same government you have been jeering because Emirates left why did they allowed Emirates back.

You people should let this country be
They are called headless mob for a reason.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by prophetfire: 9:38pm On May 22
As usual the only thing that Keyamo knows is insults.

2 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Orangedreams: 9:39pm On May 22
Jagaban2012:
I will formally invite Peter Obi to the opening of my new Barber shop. He appears available to attend all events and post comments on social media since he is a jobless political failure. Therefore, I am using this platform to invite Mr. Peter Obi to my new Barber shop opening ceremony. Side attractions include barbecue, ice cream, doughnuts, and drinks.

Unfortunately he will not come. Chai!
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by wiseoneking: 9:41pm On May 22
Jagaban2012:
Bateria has spoken

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Borrow222: 9:43pm On May 22
SoNature:

One former minister and a current minister raised important arguments! I expected to read very engaging contributions, but the comments are terribly empty! Believe it or not, Nigerians or probably Africans have nothing in their brains!

It is not that they have nothing in their brains; the issue is that they lack critical thinking. They always judge events along tribal and religious lines. Everything is politics, and they believe patriotism is supporting the political party they belong to.

7 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by nedekid: 9:43pm On May 22
creolehunt:
I have no doubt in my mind that Keyamo will attack the person and not the message, while being cheered on by the 30k never-do-wells.
My thought too..

2 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by ade4real2016: 9:43pm On May 22
naptu2:
Festus Keyamo, SAN, CON, FCIarb (UK) @fkeyamo

Unfortunately, there's no evidence to suggest that you actually understand what Osita wrote there...What has Atiku n his lifestyle got to do with d common sense the guy is trying to borrow you...Your response shows that you lack priceless integrity....Have you taken your time to find out why Visa Ban was imposed on Nigerians...Have you taken your time to find out why their purported flight suspension took place...You won't see all these cos you are morally bankrupt n see nothing wrong in what UAE government did...What a shame!!!....

4 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by egwue: 9:45pm On May 22
Assessing the two writers, one is obviously a street fighter and tout while the other is an intelligent gentleman. It's not rocket science to identify an educated illiterate. What a pity!

5 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Inspirer1: 9:50pm On May 22
I think Keyamo is right, although I would have loved he didn't taint it with party politics, he should have just prove himself right with points which we all know he is very much capable of doing.

Chief Osita Chidoka should elaborate further on what he meant by Emirates forsaking us while other airlines stood by us, like we were flying for free or what? Using that argument, are we now better placed economically to warrant being considered? I doubt!

He should also be truthful about the reason for the visa ban, why the visa ban cos that can't be due to our economic downturn, but probably due to how some people were behaving over there or some other cogent reasons.

Like Minister Keyamo said, do we stand.to gain or loose with the imminent lifting of the visa ban and return of flights, I guess Nigeria and Nigerians, we need any help and all help we can get now...like the minister said, Air Peace will get to fly that route too which is a very good one.

"He that is down need fear no fall"
"He that is low no pride"

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Goodvibes007: 9:52pm On May 22
casualobserver:
If you go to a country and you engage in illegal activities, it’s no surprise your people and all others associated with you are denied entry.

Chidoka should instead caution his people who are embarrassing Nigeria all over the world with their illegal activities.
The ban was announced not long after the robbery of a Bureau de change.

4 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by d142475: 9:53pm On May 22
Kenyamo has been impressive as a minister, but his response shows that this desperation to restore flights to Dubai is for the benefit of the elites, who have invested our stolen wealth in that city, hence the need for a direct flight to Dubai.
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Goodvibes007: 9:54pm On May 22
d142475:
Kenyamo has been impressive as a minister, but his response shows that this desperation to restore flights to Dubai is for the benefit of the elites, who have invested our stolen wealth in that city, hence the need for a direct flight to Dubai.
Elites like PDP's Atiku, Melaiye e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by goldmatrix(m): 9:55pm On May 22
Yorubaaas are waiting in queue to climb in just to impress tinubu and their region. Cowa*ds
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by funshint(m): 9:57pm On May 22
anonymous1759:
Rubbish points , when Nigerians turned UAE into a con fraternity zone , robbed their ATMs , killed their police you all kept quiet. After oil terrorism is the biggest export in Dubai and you want them to fold up their arms and watch Nigerians destroy it ?

I were Dubai authorities I won’t allow the visa ban elapsed in just two years , I’ll make it difficult for Nigerians coming to Dubai to reset their wayward attitude.
Some Nigerians were denied bail in South Africa for fighting their police , you won’t see people like this come out to criticize them , when South Africa reacts you’ll see some insects coming out to insult the president rubbish bitter lemons.
You said it all...UAE banning Nigeria goes beyond economic reason. UAE experienced a level of heightened violence never felt before in their history. Majorly perpetrated by these stupid Igbo boys. They do thesame thing in India, South Africa, Malaysia....these people should stop disgracing our country. We're even lucky UAE decided to relax the ban early. In some countries it would have been a permanent ban.

1 Like

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by chinchum(m): 10:01pm On May 22
Hypocritical take from Chidoka
When emirates left Nigeria, it was seen as negative news. Now that they are coming back, the PDP man wants to paint it as a negative news again.

To make matters worse, his principal first home is Dubai.

3 Likes

Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by ezenna191(m): 10:15pm On May 22
I never expected anything less from the irresponsible reply of Keyamo and their nonsense and clueless government. It's the reason Nigeria is nosediving into abyss. Those thinking of renewed hope from this groppers are mere dreamers. One of Agbado President associates was right when he said "give Tinubu 30 years, he will achieve nothing."
Re: Return Of Emirates Airlines: Osita Chidoka VS Festus Keyamo. by Jlow2: 10:20pm On May 22
LibertyRep:
I find the response of Minister Keyamo very distasteful.

Why has Atiku's personal choice of where to live got to do with Emirate Airline and the UAE perceived disrespect to Nigeria as a nation?

Childish response
every thing to apc is politics, that is why they brought gej down with removal of subsidy in 2012, they dnt care about the well-being of Nigerians or respect to Nigeria all the want is just to be in power, we have seen many African presidents get to power through coup and elections riggings and change the lives, well beings of their populations within shortest time, but in Nigeria apc and their gullible followers has turned Nigerians to slaves, refugees and laughing stock in comity of nations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flour Mills To Build Atan-Agbara Road In Exchange For Tax Credit / Visa Info: How To Apply For Dubai Visa In Nigeria / What My Sister Did To An FRSC Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.