Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? (4907 Views)

Tribalism And Religion Fanaticism Is Killing This Nation / What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? / I Will Not Fail This Nation – IGP MD Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Depilot(m): 2:51am On Nov 24, 2011
It bothers me that Nigerians make noise with no action.
We know where people like Gbenga Daniel live, we know the location to a couple of their houses, and yet nothing productive is done to make sure that these lowlife thieve do not get a peace of mind for the rest of their miserable lives,  So, what are we all waiting for?
For example, If 5000 Ogun State youth team up and go pay Gbenga Daniel a visit, I can assure you that others will slow down with stealing our money.

Nobody can stop 5000 youth that are protesting to get their money back.
People like Gbenga Daniel shouldn't be allowed to see a peace of mind. Youth of this nation must wake up and do something incredible for a change.
Make life difficult for these heartless corrupt leaders.

Attack their properties, attack their businesses, attack their families, attack them head on. Let the greedy pigs know that they are not going free.
Egyptians are not better or stronger than Nigerians; Nigerians, wake the bleep up and go get what belongs to you.
Make these suckers pay!
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by mensdept: 3:19am On Nov 24, 2011
Your philosophy is very simple, and would save the people that are entrapped in the jungle called Nigeria/Nigger-Area/9ja/British Protectorate-EPL Worshippers of Naija 2011 and counting.

There's no country in the world that would have the resources and manpower found in this country that would continue to carry on day to day with the amount of corruption, cowardice, childishness, and complacency as Nigerians.

Even with the spread of technology and news, a crowd of 5000 protesting or rioting would make headline news all over the world, and put pressure on the govt to not even use force[b] LOL[/b].

Unlike the instabilities of the 60s in which the Tivs and Middle Belters that then were brave, the Biafrans, the Minorities were largely shunned and somewhat "secretly" denied coverage and fanfare in preference to Vietnam and the Middle East

Yet, our people are more concerned with tappn azz, wearing gele, asoebi, importing American "End of Discussion" (on which road I dont know where they'll drive it through) and watching a league in a country that 'light dey (EPL)
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Depilot(m): 3:47am On Nov 24, 2011
If it is true that we want change, now is the time to reach out for the change we deserve.
Make it happen now, Tomorrow may be too late.
The entire world is taking advantage of this era, do not let us be left behind.
Yemen president just stepped down this afternoon after 33 yrs in power. The man just didn't step down, the people of Yemen made this possible.
It's time for all Nigerians to understand that freedon is never free and will never going to be free.
It isn't all about Prada, LV and End of discussion. Getting our freedom now should be our main priority. If we do not do it now, we may not get another chance.
American needs us like water, European countries also need us like air; Now is the right time to go all out and claim our country back. We will get all the support that we need.
Enough is enough, Our leaders need to be challenged.

Why are we so blind and so stup1d to know when to take action against these sick leaders that have sucked our blood dry? Why?

Now is the time.

Go and destroy OGD's houses and see what happens next.
He is a thief, he is on bail, he is very weak, he is powerless, he needs to be stoned.
He doesn't deserve a peace of mind for the rest of his life. Stone him, stone his houses.
Fight back for God sake, Nigerians!
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Nov 24, 2011
mens dept:

Yet, [size=13pt]our people are more concerned with tappn azz, wearing gele, asoebi, importing American "End of Discussion" (on which road I dont know where they'll drive it through) and watching a league in a country that 'light dey (EPL)[/size]

Very, very sad situation it is . . . .
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Gboliwe: 5:29am On Nov 24, 2011
The power of influence!
We can employ the social media to reach this goal. If we can get just 10 respected public figures who are hones and get them to update/tweet/BBM nothing but 'Lets unite for a revolution in our country', for a month, there'll be a crowd of youths waiting for the signal .
My problem is that even the youths who will organise this are so easily swayed and lily livered. With a few million naira in their account, they sell out on the others and the vision.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by francisj(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2011
Gboliwe:

The power of influence!
We can employ the social media to reach this goal. If we can get just 10 respected public figures who are hones and get them to update/tweet/BBM nothing but 'Lets unite for a revolution in our country', for a month, there'll be a crowd of youths waiting for the signal .
My problem is that even the youths who will organise this are so easily swayed and lily livered. With a few million naira in their account, they sell out on the others and the vision.

what will you expect when our society place high value on riches regardless of how it was acquired.
youth worship money and this painfully is encourage by parents and religiuos leader !
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by runsgirl: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2011
@ poster
If only you'll take the lead
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by moderatorr: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2011
stop putting all these bigotted anti progress protest threads on the front page.
You are promoting disorder in the nation.
When yawa go gas, na seun them go catch, when them catch seun , he will point you.
Just about 8 persons repeatedly posting almajiri rubish on this forum.
Moderator, we have seen them, stop putting them on the front page again.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by blackmale(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2011
@ poster, lead us, we will we follow you,
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by arsenal1(m): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2011
Seconded
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2011
This also baffles me as well.

Someone was talking about a middle-east type protest against the presidency and I laughed it off as wishful thinking cos it just wont work.

Lets start small, how about we start with our local government Chairpersons. They are the biggest thiefs that are closest to us! The we can upgrade to Governors and senators before we touch the presidency!
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by lovejo(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2011
Poster from Liberia. You can come and initiate the movement, easy said than done, hiding behind internet.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by kpolli(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2011
Na so boko haram take start
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by emmatok(m): 10:46am On Nov 24, 2011
moderatorr:

stop putting all these bigotted anti progress protest threads on the front page.
You are promoting disorder in the nation.
When yawa go gas, na seun them go catch, when them catch seun , he will point you.
Just about 8 persons repeatedly posting almajiri rubish on this forum.
Moderator, we have seen them, stop putting them on the front page again.

Your are the problem we have in this country.

We have not even started the protest yet , you have already threatening fire and brimstone.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by crackhouse(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2011
@poster, are u in Nigeria? My reason for asking the question is simple. Don't throw fire on a house from a far and watch it razed down frm a distant place, maybe after going down to rubbles u will come back and claim that u saw everything that happened around the burnt house when it was going down and that u also felt the heat that emanated from it. What i am saying is, if u are outside Nigeria and u are saying this, i think it's better u come back and get urself fully involve in the struggle if u really mean well for the country, Because it's ur type that will prefer to watch from BBC & CNN and at the end u will come back to look for what to inherit and what not to inherit when most of the people that suffered for it must have gone 6ft.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by moderatorr: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2011
emmatok:

Your are the problem we have in this country.

We have not even started the protest yet , you have already threatening fire and brimstone.
mumu.
We even went to war in 1967.
If you think you are bold enough, come out of the back of your laptop.
Just put your full name or email here.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 24, 2011
Most of my contemporaries are more interested in 'jaiye'-ing' than worrying about politics and current state of the nation. cry

Their [i]laissez faire [/i]attitude is a cause for concern undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by blancdough: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2011
All typed and read, I just believe that what even happen there is always a record, and when the entire masses have been pushed to the wall they will have to look at the record and will have no choice than to take the bull by the horn, youth or no youth.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by kasiem(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2011
on a serious note, seun can be arrested on the account of abetting instability with this thread. Gej neva comot from boko fire na im u con dey add this. infact, ndume will be better than seun if any gov't official sees this.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by jarkbauer: 11:49am On Nov 24, 2011
seun is looking govt patronage. he wants bribe so that he will delete any post that is antigovt but for now govt never settle am! so the guy they bargain
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
Na so boko haram take start
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2011
many threads have sprung up like this and died off!!
why dont we start up something,
a facebook group, get co-ordinators for states, den l.g.a's, institutions, organisations, so we dont feel alone,
op, u could start up something on twitter, nd we'll all retweet ur tweets, trend, and everyone would be aware of whats happening,
its dsame twitter dat made people aware of the abia state rape case,
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by manmustwac(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
Every now and then you'll hear that youths attacked or burnt down a police station due to an innocent person being shot dead at a police checkpoint due to not paying bribes. So why they can't take this up another level and attack thier local govt officials or state governors only imaginary god knows why
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by islamrules(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
There are so many youths out there (including me) that are ready for protest. But what we lack is coordination.

If we can have somebody like Wole Soyinka. Or free minded liberals, it will be easy. I am not in Ogun. I am in Lagos.

Blocking third mainland brigde alone will make headline on CNN.

But our youths are wasted on believing their will be miracle from God.

America, God's own country did not wait for miracle. They work miracles tru that revolution war.

I am not calling for war but peaceful protest. Lets walk on the street. Block the main roads, wear a uniform color coded wears and many more. I have so many ideas.
But my fear is, some hoodlums may hijack that protest and turn it to Muslim VS Christian, ManU VS Chelsea, Hausa VS Ibo, Osogbo VS Ekiti e.t.c

We need coodination.

Imagine, they want to use 230 billion to maintain road nation wide, at the end of the day, we wont see any road.

They want to use 7billion to renovate Vice president logde.

Our politician's salary, upkeeping and allowance is 35% of our budget. We are working to pay our polictians salary.
This democracy is too expensive. Jonathan salary is 20% more than Obama's Salary.
They made sure our refineries are not working.
Fuel is #19.00 in Libya, why removing oil subsidy when u cant reduce the price. We should be thinking of reducing the price further and not removing oil subsidy.

I am tired jare!
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Ileya: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Adolf Hitler
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^ You an Hitler sympathiser, cos most of your posts allude to Hitler's quote.  tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by Ileya: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
donspony:

^^ You an Hitler sympathiser, cos most of your posts allude to Hitler's quote. tongue

Shoot the messenger.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by MarcAnthon(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2011
@ Islamrules, I share your pains, really. Sometimes hope for Naija bouys within me, most times I just don't see a better country. People keep saying when we are pushed to the wall, we'll react. These so called leaders have been pushing for 51 years, but that proverbial wall has just failed to materialize. The generations ahead of us have failed us. If we are to change Nigeria, we should stop expecting any of them to lead us. We must find within ourselves the strength to come out of the crowd and stand to lead and pray we find like-minded people to stand with us because unfortunately also, the Nigerian youth has been conditioned by society to be unabashedly materialistic. God save our country!
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by solomon111(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2011
I get agonizing enraged,whenever i see the moronic and despicable actions of our leaders everyday,because i know they would eventually get away with it.Our judiciary system is so pitiable that they cant administer adequate justice to even the few politicians arraigned on grounds of corruption.One common factor among Great nations is that corruption is always dealt with a heavy hand.Any politician charged with corruption in china,malaysia,qatar e.t.c. is killed.In the USA the political carrieer of such a person is finished.why wont this countries make progress.But in Nigeria,they are given national awards.The only solution lies with our youth.MASSIVE REVOLUTION IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN RECLAIM OUR NATION FROM THOSE WHO SEEK TO TRUNCATE ITS NATIONAL DESTINY,AND THE EALIER THE BETTER.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by solomon111(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2011
And let all this diasporeans shut the hell up.They left the country for dead,and are only agitizing for revolution from their comfort zone.They have no right nor say in this discussion.If they wont join in the revolution at home,then they dont deserve to share in any resultant benefit.BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by igbo2011(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
solomon111:

And let all this diasporeans shut the hell up.They left the country for dead,and are only agitizing for revolution from their comfort zone.They have no right nor say in this discussion.If they wont join in the revolution at home,then they dont deserve to share in any resultant benefit.BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES

Egyptians are doing it right now and 13 people have died. Are Nigerians ready to die for Nigeria?
Re: What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? by naira2011(m): 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
It takes determination to change the leadership in Nigeria and so far from what I have noticed among the youth both home and abroad, we are not ready for change yet. Whenever I discuss about Nigeria or Africa as a whole, Nigerians here will quickly condemn my statement and not even want to relate with me. Let me make myself clear, I don't like staying here where I am if not I am studying that I am waiting for the day I would finish. I cannot live in a society where I would not be accepted as a normal human being. People in diaspora knows what I am talking about. I am always an advocate of freedom, justice and equality. I have a philosophy that says the only place where you can have a fulfilled life is your homeland. We can unite and come together to change the course of history.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If BH Declare Tomorrow As Public Holiday,and FG Say No,who Will U Listen To. / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Kenya Is Fast Becoming The Business Hub Of Africa, Nigeria Didnt Make The List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.