Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,162 members, 7,867,379 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor (29816 Views)

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months? / How Do I Deal With My Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by fitinwell: 10:00am On May 23
Toosure70:
They are not happy to rent small apartment, so bear with them. Not by your might or power to leave in a comfortable apartment, try to see them as your own blood and show love. No condition is permanent o baba olowo.

I understand, but at least let them also be very considerate, by cleaning up the mess... Were they Wash.. and bring there Voice down,. because they are not the only ones using the rented space....

It's good reasoning....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by dckng16(m): 10:02am On May 23
aimmoney9:
SOLUTION

If you want to stop someone from calling you names, call them the same names that they call you....... grin grin grin

If they call you idiot you call them idiot, let it be exactly as if you are repeating after them after one week they will become tired and try to become friends by force........ grin grin grin grin

Foolish people fears repetition of their foolishness ......... grin grin grin

Do this and thank me later...... grin grin grin

Op is a very peaceful person. Drama won't be the solution. Permanent solution is to look for another apartment that's constructed in a way that. Neighbours won't intrude into his privacy
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Nukilia: 10:03am On May 23
Op, let me help you.

Arrange a calabash from the Agbo sellers in your local market. Buy Agidi (Solid Pap) arrange am for inside calabash and pour palm oil on it. Arrange for 2 old horns and keep it in the calabash.

Once it's midnight go to the front of your door in red cloth and scream blood. Drop the calabash at the back of your window.

Me and you know say na shakara grin grin grin

Dem go dey fear you for that house till you move go your house

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Pickup8: 10:03am On May 23
doggedfighter:

Seems like you are the neighbour from what you have written here.

How's Op the cause of their condition. Is Asking for quietness and peace in one's space too much?

You went as far as taunting him with Baba olowo.

Your kind will do what these neighbours are doing since you see nothing wrong with their behaviour.

He belong to that class of trouble maker and is doing worse than that in his place hence he pitch his tent with the psycho ones.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Anunakeeh: 10:05am On May 23
helinues:
Is that the only house in that neighborhood?

People should learn how to be accomodative .

Family of 5 in a small room, they would have gone for more bigger space if they had the opportunity

Minister for Poverty elevation has spoken.

Nothing sensible can come out from here.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by NoToPile: 10:05am On May 23
Na them neighbour's from hell, tenants from hell. If the landlord tells them to quit now they will say landlords are wicked.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Druss(m): 10:06am On May 23
Toosure70:
They are not happy to rent small apartment, so bear with them. Not by your might or power to leave in a comfortable apartment, try to see them as your own blood and show love. No condition is permanent o baba olowo.

We really need a dislike option on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Brandosky: 10:08am On May 23
Nukilia:
Op, let me help you.

Arrange a calabash from the Agbo sellers in your local market. Buy Agidi (Solid Pap) arrange am for inside calabash and pour palm oil on it. Arrange for 2 old horns and keep it in the calabash.

Once it's midnight go to the front of your door in red cloth and scream blood. Drop the calabash at the back of your window.

Me and you know say na shakara grin grin grin

Dem go dey fear you for that house till you move go your house
Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by yesloaded: 10:09am On May 23
Toosure70:

Well, I don't think they need to make unnecessary noise

Some of us hate noise so much

Well, I will rather move out of the apartment instead of confrontation
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by themanderon: 10:10am On May 23
Many Nigerians are just like those people you described. They don't want to do the right thing but want you to accommodate all their crazy behaviors.
Let them insult. Just keep minding your business. Some people are just built for trouble. Why didn't they take the plates to their window? They are just plain troublemakers that's all. No one is responsible for whatever they might be facing and certainly their attitudes is not a solution to it either. Just mind your side and leave them with their negative energy. It's obvious some people cannot be helped.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Anunakeeh: 10:15am On May 23
maxiuc:
If I become a landlord I can only rent out my 1 bedroom flat to singles then if you want to get married please look for another place...

How can Family of four be living in one bedroom apartment

God bless you.

I hate poor nigerian married people with lot of kids still staying in rented apartment (One Room, Room & Parlour) so much. They are mostly useless people.

If you are a bachelor and poor, if you like be 50years, i won't have any issues with you. But once i see you with kids and wife. I will retract my respect for that person immediately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by fm7070: 10:15am On May 23
You are fueling the trouble by paying attention to them. Ignore them in your spirit, soul and body. Na dem go tire.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Oju4190: 10:18am On May 23
I face similar experience den

How I handle it was dat anytime dey are making deir noise at my bedroom window.

I will just take my extra foam and go and sleep at the parlour.

Though I confronted d husband about it politely
but it didn't stop so I just let Dem b.

Dat was how I lived with Dem till I packed to my own apartment.

We are family friends till tomorrow. The family even came to my wedding.

Nor b everything wen happen for compound dey they report to landlord.

Ur neighbors are u closest family.

Anything dat will cause enemity u should try to avoid it.
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Highestpromoton(m): 10:23am On May 23
JaySmart4422:
I have this neighbour who rented a room and parlour self con
But the kitchen in their flat is very big as a family of 5 with plenty friends

They converted the kitchen to a Room and starting bringing their plate to the back of my bedroom window to wash

If you hear the noise of plates n pot u will pity me I can't sleep cos of constant noise n fight very loud, the whole noise feels as if it's happening in my flat.

Sometimes this plates and pots smells like a dead rat and I will be force to close my window.

I have begged this family severally to to wash their plates inside their flat but I will never listen rather they will be throwing tantrums.

Recently they made it a permanent place of washing plates n pots

So I had to involve the landlord and he asked them to stop

Since they the entire family have been in their flat insulting me calling me names.

Am becoming very uncomfortable

Right now I don't know what action to take cos I don't want to respond to any of this insult

How do I put an end to this .

Have they stopped washing plates behind your bedroom window?
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Dshocker(m): 10:24am On May 23
SmileDance:

Inform the landlord

Read naaaaa

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by sexiestharam(f): 10:24am On May 23
JaySmart4422:

Yes it has
So what's your problem? If they insult you, insult them back. Is your mouth for decoration?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Anunakeeh: 10:28am On May 23
SmartyPants:
I blame the landlord. How can you rent a one bed to a family of 5?

Exactly the landlords are part of the problems. I can't even rent my (2Bedroom Flat) house to single/couple with more than two children and no extension of family members or friends. Highest they should visit and leave immediately.

There will be many clause if you want to rent my house and it will be documented, signed and duly covered by court incase the tenants wants to start their madness in the future. If you are not satisfied, shift go elsewhere. I hate nuisance and stupid people.

Too many stupid and nuisance people in the country is the sole reason why we are where we are today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by AMI3(m): 10:31am On May 23
Some of u don't understand what this op is going through honestly.
Imagine coming back from work just to have a nap the next moment you started hearing some unpleasant noises or smell where you lying down. Gosh

We keep talking about tolerance as if it is as easy as we think.

The same tolerance has made most of the politicians behave the way they are behaving knowing fully well that we will tolerate them while dying in silence.

Op please ignore them since they have stopped constituting nuisance at your backyard.

Pretend has if they don't exist because that is the only way u can pepper them.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by lekonso: 10:34am On May 23
Go and report them at the nearest police station. And you let them know that nothing must happen to you. The police will warn them and all those nonsense will stop
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by RealSean(m): 10:42am On May 23
Some tenants are just agents of darkness honestly, I can totally relate to what this op is going through. I recently moved into a two bedroom apartment, although i and another house are only the two bedroom apartments in the compound, the rest are just one rooms. I have noticed this envy from those who stay in the one room one, most consists of single mothers, it's so strange. as they are so bent on frustrating me, they'll usually come to my front to urinate and dump trash. The children of these people will come to my windows and scream, I want to have a peaceful life till I leave. I have complained to the caretaker and landlord, they did absolutely nothing. Omo if you are one of those tenants making life miserable for your co-tenant may God honestly PUNSIH you unapologetically.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Badguy77(m): 10:42am On May 23
Toosure70:
Baba nobody is praying for anybody not to do well but not to the detriment of other people... Now you calling the op baba olowo what does that implies? So he should not complain or talk for fear of them attacking him or abusing him.. Drop your advice in peace and don't be sentimental abeg..

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by RealSean(m): 10:44am On May 23
sexiestharam:

So what's your problem? I'd they insult you, insult them back. Is your mouth for decoration?
you think everything in this life is all about drama? You think the op doesn't know about all that? When you're so busy and occupied do you think you'll be having time to want to be exchanging words with a neighbor? All op wants is peace. Only jobless people are always looking at facing every single confrontation.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Badguy77(m): 10:46am On May 23
Druss:

We really need a dislike option on Nairaland.
I swear cos some people comment ehn as if they think from their anus.. Just imagine what that idiot was typing..
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Lomprico2: 10:57am On May 23
JaySmart4422:

They converted the kitchen to a Room and starting bringing their plate to the back of my bedroom window to wash

If you hear the noise of plates n pot u will pity me I can't sleep cos of constant noise n fight very loud, the whole noise feels as if it's happening in my flat.

Sometimes this plates and pots smells like a dead rat and I will be force to close my window.

I have begged this family severally to to wash their plates inside their flat but I will never listen rather they will be throwing tantrums.

Since they the entire family have been in their flat insulting me calling me names.

Right now I don't know what action to take cos I don't want to respond to any of this insult

Report to the landlord na
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Lomprico2: 10:59am On May 23
JaySmart4422:

Yes it has

Then mind your business and ignore them. Insults cannot harm you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by ASAPFERG: 11:07am On May 23
Lol some of you guys are very tolerant sha. No idiot will try that with me. The kind fight we go fight ehnn
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Osgilliat(m): 11:08am On May 23
The only way for you to stop the insult is if you respond to their insults, look all of them in the face. Just a little violence might put things in order.
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by Dwightventures(m): 11:08am On May 23
The cheaper the apartment the more USELESS the people you're likely to find there.

Conversely and very true: the more expensive the apartment and neighbourhood is, the more well-behaved the people you'll find there. Not necessarily because they're nice but because they fear what you might be capable of.

I have EXPERIENCE and I'm suffering my own quietly here; not as bad as this one o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by GloriousGbola: 11:09am On May 23
JaySmart4422:

The problem with sharing compound. You don't know what you will get. You are in the right. You actually have a correct landlord since most will provide a kitchen you can barely stand in. Maybe because they themselves have seen a lot of people are mentally wretched like your cotenants and do not see the importance of a good kitchen
Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by ASAPFERG: 11:11am On May 23
helinues:

The reality about life is, even ina personal house, one or two issues must dey sha ni, would you abandoned your own house because it gets issue?
guy you are very stupid sha. I wonder why the mods don't want to permanently ban you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:11am On May 23
KillahPriest:
You people saying tolerate as if they're all not paying the same rent. How can you leave your kitchen to come and make nuisance at my window with smells and everything ? I'm sure you guys saying tolerate are naturally very dirty and inconsiderate people. Then you say op should try and pack out so what if it's not in his budget yet knowing how expensive moving to a new place is ? Una wicked o. Op, you don't owe anybody even good morning sef, you've paid your house rent and your comfort is paramount since the landlord provided same facilities for everybody. You took the right step by reporting to the landlord but since the case is relatively settled, why bring it to Nairaland or don't you have friends to gist with ?
I go with your opinion bro.

By the way, I think the op coming here to post is also a good move as it's part of what makes Nairaland interesting.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This Type Of Neighbor by helinues: 11:13am On May 23
ASAPFERG:
guy you are very stupid sha. I wonder why the mods don't want to permanently ban you.

You have switched to this moniker for the continuation of the trolling bah, I would soon report this if you don't stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady / Cost Of Buying A Land Around Ibadan And Oyo / Check Out This 1925 Old Colonial Building In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.