Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,737 members, 7,862,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds (15285 Views)

FG Laments High Cost Of Food / Amidst Paucity Of Funds, Nigerian Govt Proceeds With ₦42 Billion NASS Renovation / Nigeria To Pull Out Of Some International Organisations Over Paucity Of Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by LordofNaija: 7:17am On May 23
Bamss1:
Labour just dey make me laugh with their figures. Are they really serious? They should be realistic na. How do we jump from 30k to almost 500k
But it is realistic to spend 15bilion on vp residence and 150m for suvs for national assembly members. Idiot

6 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Ofunaofu: 7:17am On May 23
bluebay:

And you think Nigeria have the capacity to fund 400k minimum wage Abi?

If the government has the capacity to provide N90 billion for pilgrimage, then they should have the capacity to fund the 400k minimum wage.

After all, subsidies have been removed, so more money has been made available to the government.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:19am On May 23
Ofunaofu:

Minimum wage doesn't cause inflation, what causes inflation is calamitous economic policies and actions, policy flip flops etc
Pls, dis stupid ebin pawa govt & d useless NLC should not increase any stupid wage cos not everyone is on govt payroll... they should jez reduce our electricity charge & return fuel price back to 2015 dat d devils came in to meet it! angry

1 Like

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by 4ward4: 7:19am On May 23
helinues:
When the labour union are ready to come up with a realistic proposal, they should let us know

How much was government paying for petroleum Subsidy in a year 4 trillion naira, how much were they paying for electricity Subsidy close to 2 trillion naira. where is that money and why can't it divided and added to all workers .

2 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by GiZcorp: 7:21am On May 23
Ofunaofu:

Are you saying that in your secondary school, you were thought that minimum wage causes inflation.

If you are going to blame the minimum wage as the cause of inflation, I must confess, you learn nothing

You are now implying that The current high inflation the country is experiencing at the moment is because of the N30000 minimum wage

Best reply ever!! Keep teaching him sir

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Corrections: 7:22am On May 23
helinues:

Where do you expect government to get the money from to pay the N500k the Labour union are demanding.

Sebi na solutions we dey find to the issue on ground right, oya advise government in your own capacity

Are the polithiefcians not here to serve Nigerians or Nigerians are the ones serving them? If they are here to serve Nigerians then let them sacrifice their luxuries and bogus salaries to Nigerians (because desperate time calls for desperate actions) then you will realize how much money that will be saved to pay workers salaries. Must the workers always be the ones to pay for consequences of corruption committed by your polithiefcians?

1 Like

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by RickyJesus: 7:24am On May 23
Ofunaofu:

They are being realistic bro

The only people that should be realistic here is the government
Lol, south south zone 850k; flexing level.
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by advanceDNA: 7:26am On May 23
helinues:

Where do they expect the government to get the funds? To borrow or to increase more tax base which Nigerians are fuming at both?

This same place they are getting money to buy 400 million naira bullet proof car each for themselves, wives and their cabinet members ...

The same place they get 100 billion naira to fund hajj...

The should get it from the same place they steal all the money, fly up and down for useless trips .

The propaganda is always ..no money when masses needs it, it's not sustainable...but it's always sustainable for stealing and bullet proof motor grin grin....

It's like u don't know how much rice is....u don't know how much pepper is..??....when they haggle back and forth....they should leave it at 250k ...that just a little over 100dollars , which is still poor compared to the rest of the world ...

Nigerians deserve better ...

baba...don't be allergic to decent life, as u support ur thieving government .

..let all of us enjoy our recourses together

6 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by superCleanworks(m): 7:26am On May 23
Bamss1:
Labour just dey make me laugh with their figures. Are they really serious? They should be realistic na. How do we jump from 30k to almost 500k
Since the implementation of 30k wage;
How did coke jump from ₦40 to ₦300?
Bag of rice 28k to 80k
Egg ₦15 to ₦110
Spaghetti ₦70 to ₦600
Lagos to Abuja ₦3,000 - ₦35,000
Flight LOS to ABV ₦12,000 - ₦120,000
Small bread ₦60 - ₦500

are YOU being realistic?

7 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by VaginaAcademic: 7:26am On May 23
Finds kill them the funds for white elephant project Lagos to calabar coastal highway is coming from where
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by RickyJesus: 7:27am On May 23
Ofunaofu:

Are you saying that in your secondary school, you were thought that minimum wage causes inflation.

If you are going to blame the minimum wage as the cause of inflation, I must confess, you learn nothing

You are now implying that The current high inflation the country is experiencing at the moment is because of the N30000 minimum wage

He has never being the sharpest tool.
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by VaginaAcademic: 7:27am On May 23
Bamss1:
how did bag of rice jump from 13k to over 80k fool and petrol from from 200 to 890

1 Like

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Capernum: 7:27am On May 23
Bamss1:

You're not a critical thinker...

Was it realistic for 300% hike in electricity, fuel, transportation, basic foor items like rice, beans, yam and Gari.

If it was realistic, then minimum wage increment shouldn't bw difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by olusma23(m): 7:32am On May 23
Ofunaofu:

They are being realistic bro

The only people that should be realistic here is the government

As much our currency is valueless... Paying even 200k as minimum wage will destroy things patapata. That 200k may still be as value as 40k at the end.

As for me.... 75k - 100k is reasonable as minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by lexy2014: 7:36am On May 23
helinues:
When the labour union are ready to come up with a realistic proposal, they should let us know

who are the "us"? is electricity tariff realistic? is inflation realistic? is fuel price realistic?

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Babangidapikin: 7:37am On May 23
70k is okay..100k is optimal anything beyond this figure would make Nigeria currency a joke .... Labor should know that Government have power to devalue it's currency ...so choose wisely $50 at 70000 or $50 at 500000. I know the money is significantly small but we need to look at our population and control it or we create environment to generate wealth with our population that means 24/7 electricity, cheap transportation and access to credits.

1 Like

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by crossbreedwears(m): 7:37am On May 23
The NLC president is aa joker of the year. He should call AY Makun for a show so he can showcase his talent. Instead of the idiot to foght government to tackle inflation the idiot is gallivanting up and down.
Bamss1:
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by bentenny(m): 7:37am On May 23
To the defenders of the FG....I have a question for you!
Can you break down #57k into transport cost,food, shelter and utility bills?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:37am On May 23
Bamss1:
Oga, have you realised that the naira has turned to toilet paper?

4 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Amya(f): 7:39am On May 23
From my understanding, minimum wage would only apply to public workers and some private company workers ( companies with over 50 workers) So any private company with less than 50 staff can pay whatever they want. Companies like bank, manufacturing companies etc would pay the minimum wage too.

Minimum wage would apply to the workers that do cleaner type jobs etc. When minimum wage is increased, it automatically influences increase in higher up positions. So a bank teller earning 200k would have their pay increased to the general minimum percent increase. So if the minimum wage is increased by 1000% percent the new rate would be like 300k in comparison to current minimum wage, the bank teller would also make 2million per month etc. So an increase in minimum wage has a big residual effect.

When the minimum wage has a huge margin increase like the 500k being proposed, it's going to trigger the biggest inflation ever. Similar to that what happened to Zimbabwe. The currency would lose great value and the Naira will be completely worthless. Things like bag of rice would cost like a million naira, while things like house rent would have close to a 1000% increase. People who fall under the umbrella of the 500k will still live impoverished lives and be considered poor. Nothing would change really.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by puremaker7(m): 7:40am On May 23
Justiceganduje:
What do you understand by tantrums? Hurry up ok.
Are you on medication?
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by bentenny(m): 7:41am On May 23
helinues:

When your paymasters are ready to pay workers a comfortable living wage according to balablu,they will come up with a realistic offer!
Any minimum wage that cannot buy 2 bags of rice is insensitive,wicked and unacceptable!
If over 15 billion can be used to build the house of the VP and 6 billion for Hajj,then they can easily afford to pay a substantial minimum wage!

1 Like

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:42am On May 23
alphaNomega:
paucity of funds is the greatest lie ever told by any government

if truly there was no funds, they will not have any to steal. Increase the minimum wage... at least 700k/month

Experienced hires would earn like 5m monthly
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Obviouslyblunt: 7:42am On May 23
Bamss1:
how can the government jump from petrol of 220 to 90? How can the government jump from dollar of 750 to 1,500. How can the government jump from rice of 10,000 to 80,000. How can the government jump from electricity of 60 naira to 208 naira. This is why you you see that the government is wicked. They killed the naira. 30,000 of 2020 is 60,000 naira of today.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by bentenny(m): 7:43am On May 23
Justiceganduje:
Why can't you engage me intelligently too? Always crying to the mods.
Are you sure he is not one of the mods under a different moniker?
Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by historic: 7:44am On May 23
Those government officials and politicians should should sacrifice their unrealistic salaries so as to make the demands of the NLC realistic. How can one person be earning close to 30m monthly excluding allowances? And someone/some people are asking where they expect the government to get money to pay workers (whom they are supposed to be serving) that amount of money. Do away with your unnecessary/unreasonable budgets and concentrate on the welfare of the people.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Forumites: 7:46am On May 23
helinues:

They are being realistic with N500k as minimum wage?

Where do they expect the government to get the funds? To borrow or to increase more tax base which Nigerians are fuming at both?

What should happen to private sector workers, how would they be able to cope in the same economy where the government workers would be earning X300% of their basic salary?

What do you think would happen to Nigeria economy with government paying N500k as salary? Inflation of course.

So what's realistic about Labour's proposal
worm full your brain. It isn’t a must to comment in all threads. Let me ask you. Where did the FG got the 90 billion for hajj? Answer me oga.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by advanceDNA: 7:48am On May 23
LordofNaija:

But it is realistic to spend 15bilion on vp resistance and 150m for suv for national assembly members. Idiot

Don't mind them.....they support their government's wastage and embezzlement but masses don't deserve decent salary.

As in ....see the people wey labour dey fight for

When it's time to makes masses suffer from 170 to buying fuel for 700...it's realistic to them

Very dirty set of people ....

6 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Miramonica: 7:48am On May 23
These guys are just playing. Very soon, my funds go complete and I will leave this country for una.

Other countries dey increase minimum wage without much noise, but over here, it's meeting upon meeting, they wan tell us say dem no dey put money aside for item 7?

But to be realistic, FG can't pay pass 100k.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by Kyn4life: 7:49am On May 23
Bamss1:

Your comment make me laugh with your level of reasoning, are you kidding me right now? You should be up to date with the present economy realities. How do u just jump from #230 per liter worth of petrol #950?. How do you just jump from #8,400 per bag of rice to #85,000 per bag of rice?. How do you just jump from #800 per painter of Garri to #3,600?.. The list goes on and on. Do you think #30,000 or #54,000 minimum wage can take care of all this within a month? Or do you think Labour will start from #80,000 to bargain so that at the end of the day they will still land in #54,000 minimum wage as it is now? Try to be reasonable. This is purely bargaining power.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Wants ₦‎497,000, FG Laments Paucity Of Funds by EPIJOE: 7:53am On May 23
To be honest, it's not realistic, #100k might be reasonable or #120k. But even with these, I doubt the govt might want to pay this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Senate Goes Into Closed-door Session / Grazing Bill: Anambra Assembly Backs Out / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Diezani’s Landed Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.