Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,795 members, 7,862,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:27 PM

₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal (13235 Views)

Minimum Wage: The Hypocrisy Of Tinubu Supporter, Ogbeni Dipo (2015 Vs 2024) / Strike’ll Add To Hardship, N494,000 Minimum Wage Unrealistic, Says LP / Biafra,oduduwa Are Unrealistic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Jayhome24: 3:23pm On May 24
They haven't paid 30k minimum wages you are talking about 500k my a s s, make una dey whin una sef.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by tolu99: 3:26pm On May 24
yommen:

OP is an enemy of the people. The moderator that pushed this junk to the front page is a saboteur of lives of Nigerians.
The OP is the real enemy of the people. I wonder how he thinks. I have been following all his write up, which all do not make sense at all. I wonder how he is given audience self

1 Like

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Babysho(m): 3:27pm On May 24
casualobserver:

If you engaged you thinking cap you will realize that minimum wage increases will lead to job loses. It is one thing for government to pay the minimum wage, private sector will just lay off workers if the minimum wage is beyond their means.

I said in a previous post, there are many people who have a job only because the minimum wage is so low. There is a level of wage increase where your employer starts asking if I really need this guy. Trust me many people will lose their jobs if the minimum wage goes above N100k.

You guys don't see that everything is interconnected. If the govt allows 500k minimum wage, most likely they (senators/govs etc) had to reduce their salaries, benefits and budget for infrastructure and all that to pay salaries in the public sector.
This means that these political elites will no longer be able to afford France for healthcare and that would mean lacing their boots to improve healthcare in Nigeria. They would not be able to invite foreign construction companies for inflated quotation and embezzle money, so they'd have to invest in local construction etc etc So you see the pattern? And so new jobs will be created.

And in the private sector, those offloaded in an already overcrowded private sector will begin to find themselves in jobs that have been created from the government, jobs that are actually important for nation development like construction, healthcare etc. And it is in these sectors we should be having billionaires not only from oil.

This would resemble the Japanese economy where there's low corruption and millions are middle/upper class while they have 40 billionaires or so and a few thousand poor people.

But most of your political elites are not dumb. They're actually really smart, they understand class consciousness and they know what a little forgoing will do to the dynamics of Nigeria's inequitable wealth sharing.

1 Like

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by casualobserver: 3:29pm On May 24
Babysho:

You guys don't see that everything is interconnected. If the govt allows 500k minimum wage, most likely they (senators/govs etc) had to reduce their salaries, benefits and budget for infrastructure and all that to pay salaries in the public sector.
This means that these political elites will no longer be able to afford France for healthcare and that would mean lacing their boots to improve healthcare in Nigeria. They would not be able to invite foreign construction companies for inflated quotation and embezzle money, so they'd have to invest in local construction etc etc So you see the pattern? And so new jobs will be created.

And in the private sector, those offloaded in an already overcrowded private sector will begin to find themselves in jobs that have been created from the government, jobs that are actually important for nation development like construction, healthcare etc. And it is in these sectors we should be having billionaires not only from oil.

This would resemble the Japanese economy where there's low corruption and millions are middle/upper class while they have 40 billionaires or so and a few thousand poor people.

But most of your political elites are not dumb. They're actually really smart, they understand class consciousness and they know what a little forgoing will do to the dynamics of Nigeria's inequitable wealth sharing.

I thought this forum was for adults not children?

2 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Carlylepneuma: 3:37pm On May 24
To me they don't necessarily mean 500k must be paid to the naija workers no, wt they are doing is bargaining with the govt pending wen they all reach an agreed amount... Its like a seller and a buyer, a seller tells u d amount of his product and d buy bargains, d seller has his target amount so also d buyer however wen they reach a consensus, the both party goes home happily...
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Amah70: 3:38pm On May 24
helinues:
Where do the Labour union expect the government to get the funds? To borrow or to increase more tax base which Nigerians are fuming at both?

What should happen to private sector workers, how would they be able to cope in the same economy where the government workers would be earning X300% of their basic salary?

What would happen to Nigeria economy with government paying N500k as salary? Inflation of course.

Labour union are only after salary increase but

not after fishing out the ghost workers and those with shady certificates who consume chunk of the salaries paid by government

It's the duty of a responsible government to fish out ghost workers and workers with shady certificates. .
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Timmi: 3:38pm On May 24
DMerciful:
Even if I have the time, i wouldn't wanna spoonfeed you. Use the internet!

However, focusing on Obi is attempting to distract from the disastrous 1yr of Tinubu

Typical ObiZombie from the land of rising wailers!
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Hapai: 3:41pm On May 24
I'm surprised @ Op. Let the fg give breakdown of the 54k so that Nigerians will know how to spend their income. Oh! I forgot you're not a federal govt staff.

1 Like

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Amah70: 3:41pm On May 24
Timmi:

Typical ObiZombie from the land of rising wailers!

Election is still far away from now. Go and get yourself a better job, not your present job of demonising Peter Obi.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Lumig: 3:45pm On May 24
NLC is still playing. When they're ready they will let Nigeriaians know
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by mankan2k7(m): 3:46pm On May 24
helinues:
Where do the Labour union expect the government to get the funds? To borrow or to increase more tax base which Nigerians are fuming at both?

What should happen to private sector workers, how would they be able to cope in the same economy where the government workers would be earning X300% of their basic salary?

What would happen to Nigeria economy with government paying N500k as salary? Inflation of course.

Labour union are only after salary increase but not after fishing out the ghost workers and those with shady certificates who consume chunk of the salaries paid by government

Does this thing writing here makes sense to u?
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Thegamingorca(m): 3:48pm On May 24
helinues:

But Peter Obi couldn't even pay the increased minimum wage as a governor. How are we sure he won't continue in that path?

Abi has he governed Pluto where he paid the new increased minimum wage after he completed his tenure in Anambra state ?

Whatever he will bring as an alternative will be better than what that brainless oaf in aso rock has done so far. Even a new born baby will rather leave things the way it met it than turn the whole country upside down the way tinubu has. Meanwhile he is still paying fuel subsidy secretly
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Babysho(m): 3:49pm On May 24
casualobserver:

And so you choose to insult me like a female child would, the irony. Well, I could say the same words to you and even add any adjective that describes foolishness because you took time to quote me without any rebuttal.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by ogascomax: 3:51pm On May 24
If labour are asking what is unrealistic why would the federal government be offering to pay what is unrealistic too. The government is not ready either. The government should be talking from 100k then we can know what to say. Not this rubbish 57k. I spend more than that as a single man let alone a family man.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Blessedarethepe(m): 3:54pm On May 24
helinues:

I still remember vividly what caused a governor his second term election in my state back then.

He increased the workers salary and went to the market places to tell the market women to increase the price of goods as his has increased the workers salary. That was it. He loss his reelection as an incumbent.

With the Labour union unrealistic proposal, inflation is inevitable
Even without the increase in minimum wage, inflation has never stopped dealing with the economy. Politicians' hefty salaries and allowances don't cause inflation too, right? And you want workers to continue to suffer under the hardship of this present economy?
If there is no going to be any adjustment to the minimum wage, then I recommend that government make the economy better. All utility bills have gone up, fuel prices and prices of food.
I would love it if labour union mean this strike coming soon.
Following the crisis caused by removal of fuel subsidy, FG has increased the allocation to states and yet they still complain they don't have the resources.........................Government is just being wicked to the citizens.........................did you hear of recent that they are proposing to change the National Anthem back to Nigeria We Hail Thee!!! That's how useless the government of Nigeria has become.

1 Like

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Kipit100: 3:57pm On May 24
helinues:

Mumu talk
Only blab without suggesting solutions..

Labour union are only after salary increase but not after fishing out the ghost workers and those with shady certificates who consume chunk of the salaries paid by government
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by casualobserver: 4:05pm On May 24
Babysho:

And so you choose to insult me like a female child would, the irony. Well, I could say the same words to you and even add any adjective that describes foolishness because you took time to quote me without any rebuttal.
Sometimes one makes a post so childish, ignorant, so totally out of touch and firmly in the realm of fantasy that a proper response is not merited.

2 Likes

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by femicyrus(m): 4:11pm On May 24
If I may ask,
The millions allocated to politicians as wages and allowances are realistic but living wage for workers working for the money are not realistic?

They've not increased workers salary, a bottle of coke that was #150 is now #350.
Please how has static salary reduced inflation and increasing salary to be about to afford increase in price will suddenly cause inflation?

Are this politicians using charms to bewitch the whole country together?
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by ponishah: 4:30pm On May 24
helinues:

Don't run mad all in the name of trolling others.

You can't just be sounding incoherently on my mentions.

You have no meaningful or sensible contributions to topics apart from trolling people up and down.

Stop behaving as if you are cursed with this years of trolling
Nothing wrong with his style of question.
Hunger and and skyrocketing hardship are really affecting your mental health.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by MavisEleanor: 5:06pm On May 24
casualobserver:

😆 🤣 😂

I read his opinion and literally laughed out loud.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by owunabastard: 5:17pm On May 24
The realistic minimum wage should be in the range of 120k to 150k
There is what is called living wage, for individuals or families that are working in present Nigeria to take care of his basic needs, anything less than 120k is not acceptable.
Take for an instance, as at last year we are buying fuel less than 250, but today the same fuel is being sold at above 800 per litre.
That is 4 times the former price. The same thing to all commodities
I believe that 500k is not realistic, what I am expecting labor to arrive at should not be less than 120k
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by shoboy9: 5:19pm On May 24
helinues:

Enemies of the masses.
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by tnerro1(m): 5:33pm On May 24
True, labor should get serious
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Timmi: 5:56pm On May 24
Amah70:

Election is still far away from now. Go and get yourself a better job, not your present job of demonising Peter Obi.

my friend, PandoraObi, the Yes Daddy man already demonized himself
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Babysho(m): 6:13pm On May 24
casualobserver:

Sometimes one makes a post so childish, ignorant, so totally out of touch and firmly in the realm of fantasy that a proper response is not merited.

Yer lordship, the most conscious in our midst, founding father of economics, I'm not worthy but please pray tell, I've slaughtered 10 livestocks to the Hades to appease you, I reckon you can grace me with your knowledge now. What says I a lowly pleb? Forgive me yer lordship I'm just a naughty ward. We plebs are not worthy at all but find it in yer gracious cloak of humility to bless us with your words else we spend the night restless.

Who's even liking your posts that say nothing 😂😂 your other account?
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Mypeople2(m): 6:18pm On May 24
helinues:

Chairman you just make me laugh...When the president came to office and increase his salary, he did not think of inflation.When senators were buying bullet proof cars they didn't think of inflation. Now that the common man wants to have a taste of the iceberg, you are talking of inflation.
See Nigeria workers deserve more than 700k month in this present dispensation . What will N60k buy in Nigeria market presently? Can 100k take care of a family of two in this country?
You are saying the government does not have the money yet they are buying houses abroad.Please Nigeria workers need to be well paid
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by abbey621(m): 6:50pm On May 24
Mypeople2:
Chairman you just make me laugh...When the president came to office and increase his salary, he did not think of inflation.When senators were buying bullet proof cars they didn't think of inflation. Now that the common man wants to have a taste of the iceberg, you are talking of inflation.
See Nigeria workers deserve more than 700k month in this present dispensation . What will N60k buy in Nigeria market presently? Can 100k take care of a family of two in this country?
You are saying the government does not have the money yet they are buying houses abroad.Please Nigeria workers need to be well paid

Were Senators not buying such vehicles before Tinubu? The people wey no gree pay 30k, what makes you think they'll pay 500k? Na gun you wan use? Una never ready, absence of full bloody revolution, you ain't getting shin shin......This is the harsh reality but make we continue dey pretend say mere words mean shit grin grin grin
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by abbey621(m): 6:51pm On May 24
ogascomax:
If labour are asking what is unrealistic why would the federal government be offering to pay what is unrealistic too. The government is not ready either. The government should be talking from 100k then we can know what to say. Not this rubbish 57k. I spend more than that as a single man let alone a family man.

The 30k that it is now, how many people are paid on time? You really think you have the power to force them to pay 100k? You get gun? grin
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Nolevel666: 6:54pm On May 24
Paraman:
Ajaero is a clown. I don't know where he wants the FG, state and private sector to get the amount he's asking for
But they always have money to pad budgets ko
Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by JASONjnr(m): 6:54pm On May 24
helinues:

I still remember vividly what caused a governor his second term election in my state back then.

He increased the workers salary and went to the market places to tell the market women to increase the price of goods as his has increased the workers salary. That was it. He loss his reelection as an incumbent.

With the Labour union unrealistic proposal, inflation is inevitable

Please I beg you, stop lying.

Which governor asked traders to increase sells price because he'd increase worker's salary?

No governor has ever done anything like that. You should stop being petty.

Now, you've really convinced me that you know nothing about politics.

I am a civil servant. Labour has a law guiding them and it doesn't cover them vetting the institution. They can't manage the employment and promotion of civil servants. The reason we have IPPIS was to checkmate this. But because the same politicians and top government officials appointed to head agencies are the ones adding their children names and relatives to nominal roll.

Also, the politicians and top government appointees over time have been stealing and embezzling funds but it has never affected the economy. You've defended snakes and rats eating up money and that didn't affect the economy. But whenever the workers are seeking for a better pay, you claim it's going to kill the economy?

You're wicked!

1 Like

Re: ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal by Miracle4325: 7:08pm On May 24
Then where do they get the money to be collecting bogus allowance?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election / Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo / Only One Chibok Girl Has A Baby - VP Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.